Sony is planning spin-offs focused on Kraven the Hunter and Mysterio

>Another spinoff, Silver & Black, doesn't have a release date but is eyeing a fall shoot and features characters Silver Sable and Black Cat. Other projects will focus on Kraven the Hunter and Mysterio. The idea, says a studio source, is to build out a world gradually rather than launch one immediately, as they had been trying with Spider-Man villain ensemble Sinister Six, which has been shelved.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-homecoming-how-sony-learned-cede-control-marvel-1015408

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_3Vynew5mrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i...... what. I mean, that's cool.....but why?

they're trying their own cinematic universe but only have Spider Man as the crux

>I mean, that's cool
No it isn't. This is Sony films we're talking about here.

Oh for god sake, stop trying pick apart the Spider Man material for solo movies just because you cant make a successful movie starring the main character. I WANT to see Kraven and Mysterio, but not if its some half assed attempt at world building and milking the IP for what its worth

I look forward to seeing Kraven blow his brains out on the big screen.

Do you trust the MCU or Sony to do Carnage and Mysterio?

calling it
Kraven is black
Mysterio is asian
and they're gay for each other
PERFECT

I dont want either to have a solo movie, regardless of studio

Marvel wants in on that sweet sweet Suicide Squad /Harley Quinn money

THE SINISTER SEVEN - Coming 2020
*Beginning to White Stripes - Seven Nation Army plays*

GIVE THE RIGHTS BACK ALREADY

All the changes in movies. Mysterio could be God tier.
Struggling Director nobody wants to fund his movie

Steals million dollar budget of a movie

Steals Movie rigs (like that device that flipped a cop in X-2)

End of the movie Mysterio gets caught, but he used every security camera to create a real action movie.

Dubstep version

Fucking stop

Fuck off Pascal

You're the one to speak Python

Is there anything fucking left to build a Spider-Man franchise around?!

You're telling me, that the MCU Spider-Man franchise has
>>No MJ
>>No JJJ
>>No Daily Bugle
>>No Gwen
>>No Previous Villains
>>No Venom
>>No Black Cat
>>No Silver Sable
>>No Kraven
>>No Mysterio
>>The Vulture is the first villain and the Shocker doesn't even get his suit.

WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF HAVING SPIDER-MAN IN THE MCU IF EVERY PART OF SPIDER-MAN PEOPLE WANT TO SEE ISN'T EVEN IN THE FRANCHISE?!

Are Chameleon and Scorpion going to be the sequel's villains?!

It's retarded! This is the most retarded thing I've ever seen!

>All the changes* in movies
Cg*
Who?

Sony's plan.

>Make spin-offs for almost every notable Spider-man villain.
>Marvel is short on known villains to use for the sequels.
>Marvel is forced to use one of the spin-off villains, thus acknowledging the existence of the spin-off movies.

Pretty genius, honestly.

Pretty reasonable reaction to finding out you're in a Sony movie.

Amy Pascal, the legally retarded Sony producer responsible for NuGhostbusters, asking for a billion dollars when negotiating with Marvel, and all around shitty businesswoman

money

She asked for 5 billion, because she believed all the spiderman movies they had planned would net 2 billion each. Disney bought Star Wars for 2 or 3 billion. I don't understand how this bitch has a job or how she managed to get to this position in the first place

>wooo everyone is so hyped for Spider-Man, looks like it's time for us to step in a make a load of spin-offs to cash in

Why don't they just fucking leave it to Marvel before they sink both ships? Maybe that's their plan.

There have been pics of the shocker suit

This actually could be pretty cool, Kraven and Mysterio are actually really good characters (unlike e.g. Silver Sable)

Sony doing an R-Rated Venom (confirmed!) opens the door to an R-Rated Kraven flick, keep the good characters away from the 'teehee JoHN HewES' Tom Holland version and we could get something that takes itself fairly seriously

Obviously the Sonyverse will have a Spideyesque character to center it on, could be Venom, could be Miles, could be Gwen, doesn't really matter if they take the reverse MCU / WW approach and give the underdeveloped /hero/ like >10m of screentime

At least they're trying something new and inventive

>Sony destroying the Spider-man brand after Marvel resurrected it

As if anyone wants to see Spider-man: Kraven Origins or Mysterio: The Beginning. Fox had to retool their Magneto origin story and he was a far stronger character than Mysterio and Kraven. The general audience does not care about those villains.

Don't worry, when Black Panther is a success these will be killed for the Prowler and Rocket Racer movies.

If these were a part of the mcu maybe i'd care more. They'll probably just make a miles spiderman as their center of their spideyverse

Who sucks more: Amy Pascal or Kathleen K. Kennedy?

I REALLY want Mysterio to be great in a cape movie at least once.

>If these were a part of the mcu maybe i'd care more

Xmfd

"JoHN HUghES"
"AT-ST"

Grow up

>marvel wants in
Dude, suicide squad was a piece of shit that got butchered further to cash in on GOTG. Hence the pop songs, anti-heroes, quirky natures, group dynamic, etc.

I would've liked this if Bruce Campbell was still fit to be Mysterio. With spiderman and raimi directing.

Most likely Black cat will square off with him, because she's weak and they couldn't pair her with Kraven. While Kraven will fight Sable because he's a dangerous killer who hunts the most dangerous game. It's gonna suck, and sony will not learn their lesson until they're bankrupt.

You can't make a film about Mysterio because his power doesn't work for a protagonist. He just does illusions. There's no tension in any fight he's in cause he'll just pull out another illusion.

>WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF HAVING SPIDER-MAN IN THE MCU IF EVERY PART OF SPIDER-MAN PEOPLE WANT TO SEE ISN'T EVEN IN THE FRANCHISE?!
Most of the things you listed are the small things, go with the bigger ones.

>Uncle ben died in AVENGERS
>Tony gives Peter the Power and responsibility speach
>Spidey is a whiny fuck when papa Stark takes the suit away
>All his supporting cast is brown
>Ned Leeds is Ganke for some reason.
>Flash Thompson is a greasy street shitter and a loser

Basically the things that made Spidey endearing are gone, they stuck in some agenda pushing for good measure, and they're also trying to cash in on the whole thing. The only good news is bigguy4u as Venom, and even that is 50/50 going by the script leak.

>Sinister Seven
>Hobgoblin getting to be in a movie
>Scorpia and Beetle getting promoted from D-listers thanks to exposure

Might be cool.

Spider-Man became what fans who saw out of context pictures of Spider-Man thought he was. A scrawny faggot who always is looking for Avengers' approval and makes jokes.

It's funny to me that he's following in the footsteps of Venom, his dark reflection, where Venom's been stuck in that hole for years.

The fuck is kraven gonna do then? Just hunt lions and shit?

t. never read Lee/Ditko

I actually wouldn't mind a Spider-Gwen Sony AU if they really nailed the costume and actually made her a good character.

>tfw Kraven's Last Hunt never ever

Bring back the Sinister Six film.
I'd rather have that instead of solo films focusing on each villain. Make it like Suicide Squad. Maybe release it after Venom so they could steal the symbiote or something.

>Make it like Suicide Squad.

Could they do that, but actually not horrible?

Agreed but they made a nice chunk of change.

I'm not even gonna bother trying to form a well-thought sentence HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DO A SPIN-OFF OF SOMETHING THAT HASN'T EVEN APPEARED YET? THAT'S NOT A FUCKIGN SPIN-OFF THE NEED TO APPEAR IN A DAMN SPIDER-MAN MOVIE FIRST STOP DOING THIS STUPID SHIT

I don't really get what the issue w/ MGTOW is or why you'd characterize them as losers

I'm a successful attorney making $400 per day, am top 5% physical fitness (placed top 3 in marathons, bench 70 lbs over bodyweight, ripped abs and lean muscle), charming & charismatic, have slept w/ dozens of women, in a loving long-term relationship right now... and I respect the hell out of MGTOW, they're realistic about their circumstances and have taken a rational approach to coping with them

You guys seem envious that they have the fortitude to just walk away from it all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I fucking knew sony would fuck this shit up. I want to see these villians but with spider-man, these solo villain films are fucking retarded and the film doesn't look like it'll be great either.

>Uncle ben died in AVENGERS
>Tony gives Peter the Power and responsibility speach
>Spidey is a whiny fuck when papa Stark takes the suit away
>All his supporting cast is brown

Why lie?

Is this a new pasta?

> (You)
>Is this a new pasta?

If you want, I'm honestly asking

It's part of the MCU, but only officially.

It's essentially its own thing, like AOS and the Netflix shows.

Goddamit not my b-team

>I don't understand how this bitch has a job or how she managed to get to this position in the first place

Well, she's a Jew

You're a fucking idiot. Sony is basically trying make a cinematic universe composed of Spider-Man villains and supporting characters WITHOUT FUCKING SPIDER-MAN. "New and inventive"? Fuck no! This is just plain dumb.

>I want to see these villians but with spider-man, these solo villain films are fucking retarded and the film doesn't look like it'll be great either.

And yet fanboys like Orion Petitclerc are eating this shit up. And I like Orion. I follow him on Twitter. He's a good guy and even though he's a die hard Venom fan he's usually pretty levelheaded about it. But goddamn I can't believe how much of a blind fanboy he's being when it comes to the Sony Venom movie.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

>Sony
I wish they'd just give the Spiderman rights to someone else and abandon the cape movie racket.

So when Venom bombs and it most likely will, what are they planning to do with these projects?

I fucking hate Sony so much.

Why can't North Korea hack them again?

Someone just get rid of Arad and Pascal already. Fucking Christ.

That sounds like shit.

>Kraven without Spider-Man
>Mysterio without Spider-Man
>Venom without Spider-Man
>Carnage without Spider-Man
>Black Cat without Spider-Man
It's like I'm living in hell...

Which means Mysterio won't be the villain in the Homecoming sequel, which fucking sucks 'cause he was my pick. Oh, and Kraven sucks.

By the way, those orders come from the higher ups a.k.a the japanese. They are the ones pushing Pascal over the edge.

>DON'T WE HAVE SUPARUDAMAN?
>WE NEED MORE SUPARUDAMAN MOVIES!!!
>WE HAVE SUPARADAMAN CHARACTERS FROM MARVEL MAKE THOSE MOVIES!
>WE LOSE MONEY EVERY YEAR AND YOU DON'T MAKE SUPARUDAMAN MOVIES WHY???

Pascal is dumb as fuck but she's also a hostage to those idiots.

Some of the Spider-Man defenders are ridiculous. They want want Spider-Man to be the main character of Infinity Wars as well as have him be the central character of the MCU going forward.

It's Sonic levels of autistic.

When are they gonna make a movie spinoff on the burglar?

Who was he before he killed Uncle Ben?

Find out in BURGLAR BEGINS

They fucked up by not making Mysterio the main villain in the new movie

What the fuck is Sony doing? Why the fuck would anyone think this will work?

Better still name it Sinister Six and use this song, they can even use the open narration for the trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=_3Vynew5mrw