Do you guys look down on those who only/mostly buy trades such as myself?

Do you guys look down on those who only/mostly buy trades such as myself?

half this board doesn't buy floppies

This, and Half this board doesn't read comics

I look down on floppy buyers. Absolute worse way of reading comics.

I only buy trades but I mainly just buy what I can't pirate.

Most of this board doesn't read comics, most of the others don't pay for them and most of the rest don't buy floppies. I commend you for actually buying it in print

>comics and cartoons
welp it makes sense

I keep seeing this "Sup Forums doesn't read comics" meme and I don't get it. Are you saying they're pretending to read them?

id get that supergirl comic though, its hella dope. Thats the 1st issue introducing black supergirl

I just want you to know, floppy sales often dictate whether a book lives or dies.

a big name character or a character the company is trying to push will get spared but the others live and die on them

THIS

I started pirating books while Forever Evil was going on, only stopped right before Rebirth because I smashed my phone. Now, if I'm not reading shit on Sup Forums every Wednesday, then im buying old school classic floppies in bulk or buying trades.

Trades are the best.

The smart thing for the Big 2 to do would be, instead of individual floppies, publish their weeklies in collections. Like, each week, release 3-5 books that contain 5 or so of this weeks issues. For example, one volume has Superman, Batman, Wondie, GL and Flash, while the second has JL, TT, Detective, Action and whatever the fuck.

EVEN IF THEY WERE WEEKLY RAFFLE PACKS, IT WOULD BE MORE ENJOYABLE AND COST EFFECTIVE

Who the fuck even has a floppy drive anymore?

>Do you guys look down on those who only/mostly buy trades such as myself?

No, it's pretty cool you're investing money on physical comics

Only half? You're being generous.

I know. Next time an ongoing comes out that interests me and isn't a big name character I'll go out the the LCS and support it.

I think at this point floppies are being printed out of tradition as trades make them more money, but then again floppies are a good indication of whether or not a character is popular enough to make money in the first place

>almost nobody on this board buys comics
Ftfy.

Comics = plebeian
Cartoons = patrician
It's just how it is.

I meant that half the board that does buy comics only buys TPBs.

60% of this board is cartoons, 10% is off-topic, 10% is adaptations, 10% is webcomics, and only 10% is comic BOOKS.

Out of the few people here who read comics, half pirate, and half of the rest only buy TPBs.

marvel and dc shoud make a shounen jump type of magazine, put all of their weekly comics in a single magazine print it in cheap paper and then sell the trades

this

Print is dying. The real next step is digital comics that are half the price of print.

i dont like to pay for digital comics i just pirate everything and then i buy the trades

it's because of all the crossboarders asking casual as fuck questions and making casual as fuck assumptions

And all the threads about the marvel and DC Cinematic universes, I honestly think that half the people arguing in those threads don't read comics

i cant even blame people for buying trades. it's the superior form of reading a comic book anyways.
there's absolutely no reason to buy floppies when there's a storytime the comics as soon as they release.
also
>no one on this board reads comics
then what the hell is everyone doing in all the storytime threads?

pretending they are reading them acording to some anons

As a long time reader/buyer monthly singles are the most pure engagement with serialized books. Especially corporate books. It feels weird to elevate corporate entertainment to some shit to put on your shelf as opposed to a longbox in the closet. Before decompression it made more sense.

I don't give a shit if someone buys single issues, trades or digital, so long as they're buying shit.

>singles are the most pure engagement with serialized books
I'd agree
>It feels weird to elevate corporate entertainment to some shit to put on your shelf
Where else would you put a book?

Some writers basically push you to wait for trades with "decompression" or whatever they call it.
That is, if you feel like reading their crap to begin with.

So I buy floppies and trades, but I live in a smallish apartment and I'm running out of room. Between the apartment and my storage unit I'm up to six shortboxes and most of a bookshelf. I'm trying to switch some of my pulls to digital, but I'd like to get rid of some of the floppies I own. Is there any worthwhile way to do this short of just disposing of them?

Give them to some kid young person you know as a present.

I use to buy floppies a lot when I was a kid but as I started reading older stuff and actually purchasing using my own income instead of my parents I switched to trades and hardcovers just due to them being cheaper. I still buy floppies for books I really enjoy if they aren't selling well otherwise I stick to trades.

I've got over 100 shortboxes in my room...

and most of your comics aren't worth what you paid for them. Your store might take them in for trade credit or something.

No one is buying floppies post-1980

> There's an LCS that sells TPBS for $5 instead of half off list
I think I hate you and your store. The only thing my LCS sells for that cheap is 4th party trades that they can't get rid of.

thisgive them to someone you know that might enjoy them.

Yes

I buy trades. I can't stand floppies

right? holy shit id go broke. my LCS doesnt put ANYTHING on sale for any reason. everything is sticker price and they get away with it by being the only LCS within 350 miles of any other.

Came here to post this. There's nothing wrong with trade waiters, and they should be credited for supporting the industry since most of the people here that actually read comics just pirate them.

Even then, it rarely works these days. There was a huge (by Sup Forums standards) push to support Yost's New Warriors because it was coming off of Scarlet Spider, but it still tanked in sales.

A lot of it is too little, too late, given the pre-order model for Diamond numbers. Books can get cancelled so quickly these days unless they're being kept artificially afloat on life support that by the time people want to start supporting them, it's already too late. Fuck, Nova was cancelled at issue five and they only gave it two extra issues out of mercy.

>half the people arguing in those threads don't read comics
That's an incredibly optimistic estimate.

Decompression and the concept of "writing for trade" annoys the shit out of me. I get why they do it, but I still hate it.

No I envy you. I still buy almost exclusively floppies out of habit and OCD.

Floppies are the worst. I'll never understand why they don't just go digital only for issues or just drop them altogether and focus on more well written trades

Do you have a problem with paper moths at all?
And yeah, I have no illusions about comics retaining their value.

My collection

That looks a lot like the bargain bins at Royal Collectibles. I need to go back a check them again, thanks for the reminder OP.

Also, I don't read floppies at all anymore. Wanna get rid of most of mine, actually.

Regardless of how many comics they read, people on Sup Forums have a lot of discussion about comics they've never read.

I first read download the comic from soulseek (which has a surprisingly large comics selection for being a music downloading app) and only buy the comic if I really enjoy it. In this day and age buying a product is me showing how much I already enjoy it.

>then what the hell is everyone doing in all the story time threads?
Whining, fishing for (you)s, pretending they know what's going on