What Could Have Been Thread

What Could Have Been Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IY7XvIJFzeU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GOxJpGI8SWc
youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>dat top-right Dracula

that movie had weirdly great concept art yet they go for the most generic in the final
why?

Because now Drac looks more like his voice actor Adam Sandler?

because of that gross retarded bitch who played him

because it looks more like adam sandler

The weird part is they didn't have to make his outfit design boring and weirdly-all-black just because it was Sandler. But they did.

Not him, but I think the comedy of Drac's actions and mannerisms might have been stronger when juxtaposed with a more serious look.

I mean, the problem is, Adam Sandler is a funny looking guy, so you expect funny shit from him. (or at least to make an ass of himself)

But imagine seeing a tall, dignified, and scowling, Christopher Lee looking Dracula... Who then dotes on his daughter and does a lot of silly and dumb things with his buddies.

I feel the same thing about Despicable Me's Minions. They should have all looked like Hunk from Resident Evil but then give them the mannerisms and unintelligible speech of the minions we got.

Basically Adam Sandler signed on and immediately made the crew throw out months of character designs and story. Supposedly he kept insisting that Dracula be Jewish, pushed it to the point where he almost quit, and they pacified him by staying in the script that he was.

top right is so perfect, legit fantastic vampire design.

Yeah it would have been way the fuck better.

>Jewcula
Actually, might have made for a funny gag at one point if someone held a cross at him and he just rolled his eyes and sad "I dun't believe in your Messiah."

Then they held a Star of David causing him to recoil.

Why am I not surprised

All of the designs look like the best design ever to me when they're justaposed with the final product there. Even the Dresden Codak one.

sigh bump

that literally happens with every CGI movie out there, go look at some more concept art

Oh man she's cute

would have been harder to animate

No it wouldn't, this is CG, not hand drawn. Once you have the initial rig it's all the same, whether it's pears and spheres or realistic anatomy.

Eh pretty true, Final Cut Dracula is pretty clean and straight forward for the most part, no long hair and no a bunch of outfit accessories to really worry about beyond the cape and collar, all a solid color. Probably wouldnt have been that hard to animate any of the other designs but the final design we got was probably the easiest.

>that gag
holy shit I snorted.

so sandler was trying to redpill the kiddies in blood libel? like how he revealed the jewish conspiracy in the cobbler? what the hell is he doing?

>design boring and weirdly-all-black
But vampires man! They're creatures of the night, lord of darkness so they must wear black

They're a bunch of snooty aristocratic fucks who took the expression "bleeding us dry" too literally. They dress like a lot of pompous assholes.

youtube.com/watch?v=IY7XvIJFzeU
I couldn't find any GIF that isn't over 4 mb

That's pretty great, but the one we got is cute too. Actually all of them are cute if you suspend your hatred for a second to actually watch an episode or two.

>Basically Adam Sandler signed on and immediately made the crew throw out months of character designs and story.

Imagine how depressing it would be if it were the same character designers. Imagine being the guy who put all the work into all these great and imaginitive designs only then to be told "No, just do a young Adam Sandler in a halloween vampire costume" and then having to put time and effort into that while all of your actual work sat in a drawer somewhere gathering dust.

Okay, that made me guffaw.

>HEIL HITLER
>G'aaAAAAAAOOOOOW
HA.

watched it, still dont care for it

But all of those concept art Draculas look just as bad as the final one.

>pompous assholes
I think it's just mainstream that vampires are snobby assholes who panic at a dawn if they're not in their coffin.
At least he slightly resembles classic Dracula from 1931.

Additionally, beast boy

"Original" in that sense is a little subjective and arbitrary. Obviously none of them very much resemble the actual historical Dracula.

I actually tried to read Bram Stoker's novel a year or so and while I just couldn't get into it (the narrative style was just too alien to me, to my shame), I was struck by the fact that the description he gave of Dracula in the text of his novel really did closely match that of the real dude in a way that no adaptation of his novel ever attempted to.

objectively better looking than the final designs, but the type of dynamic posing and overall atmosphere pictured here wouldn't really translate well to the show as is now. they would need to rewrite the characters for the most part to accommodate this aesthetic, probably do away with flash in the process as well, but that would call for more effort than a literal cashcow like TTG would realistically demand for CN.

as is, they're precisely what they are, just cute designs that will forever remain stagnant in the eyes of executive meddlers.

> we could have had a hot dracula
> get adam sandler instead

EVERY. TIME.

Also this . That shit was funny as fuck in Tanz der Vampire and What we do in the shadows, would have been a million times funnier animated.

Concept Helen Parr was hotter

Curados de espantos is the name.

shut up the one we got was perfect.

>the narrative style was just too alien to me, to my shame

Fuck man, I have the same thing when it comes to all the old classics that have the epistolary format. I can somewhat get into them but not anywhere near as much as with another format. I never really dare to bring it up because of the shame part.

It kind of has the opposite effect of its intention. It's meant to make the whole thing feel more real but I just end up feeling that so many parts become contrived to make them fit the format. I've kind of got the same thing with watching found-footage movies.

Jokes like that only work for a few minutes

sandler dracula didn't.

Yeah but with the Jews you lose anyway

can't snooze on the jews' juice.

Lion from Steven Universe

I never get tired of posting Black Friday Toy Story

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GOxJpGI8SWc

>I was struck by the fact that the description he gave of Dracula in the text of his novel really did closely match that of the real dude in a way that no adaptation of his novel ever attempted to.

Because adaptations insist on making it a damn love story between him an Mina, and he has to be hot for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

BF Reel is nothing.

Oh man, he's the Manticore from Books of Magic.

Hi Adam

I can see how this would have looked if it had been done in the same style as Iron Giant. Would have been just as good, just in a different way.

Guy Davis did work for SU??? What a world.