LOL

LOL

I don't get it.

ff12 had a gambit system that let you set up macros that automatically went off under certain conditions. This like "cast darkness at start" "heal under x%"

So in a sense, the game played itself and you just basically moved characters around.

It wasn't exactly as masturbatory as the comic makes it, you still needed to launch a lot of stuff yourself to make sure you didn't die, but it was pretty grating. you also had to BUY the macros.

God I miss PA's old artstyle.

What does this have to do with video games?

Just fuck my shit up

You know FF12 strikes me as the forgotten final fantasy, people just don't seem to talk about the it as much as the others.

I hear 13 basically DID play itself

Yeah, 12, 8 and the ones before 6 are typically ignored

It's getting re-released next month, so that's something.

You barely had to look at the screen.

Sometimes they make comics that are not about video games

8 isn't ignored, 9 is.

iirc, you basically just told your party how you wanted them to fight, then watched. Like you'd set them all to "aggressive" and then just watch them use abilities and trigger summon cutscenes and shit

You won't be able to beat any boss in the game if you "let it play itself"

Wrong. There were 6 "jobs" that each character had which boiled down to Black Mage, White Mage, Tank, Buffer, Debuffer, and Warrior. You had the ability to make party compositions as shortcuts meaning you'd change to a double tank and healer setup when you were about to be attacked and a double black mage with a warrior for easier enemies and a black mage, white mage, tank for harder enemies while switching to one with a healer when you needed it. You'd obviously open with a buffer, debuffer and tank, and then things would get complicated. Every character attacks on their own and when they find the enemy's weakness (if it has one), they will only use an attack of that element. That's the gist.

I'd say 9 is way more forgotten than 8.
7 was the big splash thats still a thing today
8 had Squall, gunswords, and whatever....
then 10 was the next big thing on the ps2
9 is so overshadowed. The only memorable character is Freyja, and only because of the furry factor.
I liked Amarant's design but he was 3rd fiddle to the most generic and crappy characters ever. Ugly haricut boy, knight guy that should be an NPC, and Girl that looks like a knockoff of tifa, rinoa and quistis after being spat out of a blender

I loved 9 but it hasn't aged well at all. Not that 7 looks great but it has nostalgia going for it that 9 doesn't.

It is one of my favorites but sadly Penelo was too much of a slutty whore on that DS sequel.

it got spotlight because waifus and taking amano's baroque artstyle to it's highest point

in a way it's like a quirkless final fantasy. no edgy sepiroths, idol rip offs or super popular waifu protags.

mind that it's second only two the FF VII in number of spin offs, it's also interesting that the setting actually predates FFXII

6 is the best tell me im wrong you cant hahaha

Its the last FF game I played
Just lost interest in the series after that.
13 didn't look appealing, and then it was too many years until 15 came out.
14 didn't exist. ANOTHER MMO? not even a chance of me getting into it.

I think the problem with 9 is that the story is so forgettable. It's got plenty of little things that are fun but there's less incentive for replayability.

I never really understood why 8 hasn't got spin offs, I mean, it was pretty successful release. The SeeD thing alone would naturally lend itself for spin off stories without necessarily using the same main characters, plus there's also plenty of room for prequels starring Laguna and co. or more time travel witch shenanigans.

wasn't 12's world basically the world of FF1 & the tactics games?

Goddamn near everything.

Not FF1. Same setting as FFT and Vagrant Story.

No, fuck you, take your LOL posting back to Sup Forums.

It felt like a superior version of Vagrant Story, I just had finished the Vagrant the first time I played the FF12 and it was really similar.

>but it has nostalgia going for it that 9 doesn't.
>7 has more nostalgia going for it than the game made to feel nostalgic
Fuck I'm old.

finna CRINGE

>older game has more nostalgia than more recent one

whoah

>boss fight
>start with buffs/debuffs
>switch to damage
>get beat up
>switch to heals
>get topped off
>switch to damage
>repeat until victory

>enter random encounter
>be in damage
>watch an awkwardly framed action scene
>win
>continue running down hallway

>older game
FFIX was playing off nostalgia for basically every game before VII

That was its problem, fans of 7 and 8 didnt play the older games and fans of the older games also wanted something more like 7 and 8 as that was what was in and "cool"

>fans of the older games also wanted something more like 7 and 8 as that was what was in and "cool"
Subjective, but I can see why you'd assume that.

Let's just get this out of the way.

One of my favorite

I only found out recently this was about the fact that the original Warcraft was originally going to be a warhammer game, but shit went down so they just made their own thing.

So much Irony that they would end up eclipsing any warhammer games, and then end up having them copy Wow.

People didn't forget about Fran. And I'm OK with that.

>tfw only played FFI, FFIV, and FFT
>tfw don't fucking care at all how many goddamn remakes does FFVII it's been I want a new FFT games

>I wish I could hate you to bald!
One of the edits that stays with me the most.

This fucking one

Go play FFV, like right now
Also, haven't played FF since VI
Saw FFIX and XII the other day, should I buy them?

Keep going, I have this tab open and on auto for a reason.
>Inb4 just go to the site
No.

For PS4?! Awesome! I really liked that game, but never managed to finish it.

>I only found out recently this was about the fact that the original Warcraft was originally going to be a warhammer game, but shit went down so they just ripped it the hell off.

fify

FFXII NOT 12 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IX is Nostalgia The Game. it probably doesn't hold up for you cause it's been so long since you played I-VIII that the references don't land anymore.

I think Vivi is the most memorable but only because he's literally the Black Mage design.

kek.
kys

8 isn't ignored, but it's considered far weaker than 7, 6 and somewhat 9.

The debate is which between 8 and X is the worse. Though its still considered better than XIII.

>12 years ago
Good lord what happened to me

Such a good game but the gay vampire bodybuilder was fucked up.

Reminder that Prequel is pretty much dead.

Sure, have an 800+ year old bunny.

ok

You won't have the attention span to get to a boss if the game bores you by playing itself.

>this is Bob
Oh my god

>Sup Forums talking about FF
Please stop guys, I am getting secondhand embarrassment from this level of casual...

Does Penny Arcade still exist? I haven't seen anyone talk about it in years.

Yeah, but it's been shit for years. Nobody reads it anymore.

It still exists, but the art has gone completely to shit (which is impressive since it looks far worse than when it was copy-and-paste, despite obviously having far more effort put into it now), and the writing isn't as good. Pic is today's.

Wasnt that your groupmates though? Like you had three people and one you controlled directly and the 2 alts had a sort of light scripting system.

Its video game culture.

Dr. McNinja.jpg

I'm happy it got a proper end, but I'm still sad it's gone.

can we talk about which FF character has the best tummy at least?

You didn't marry that cute nerdy girl in HS and now you're destined for loneliness.

Excellent taste my man

That really depends on who draws it.

God I loved them taking the piss out of the Phantom. Just a deep, deep vein of jokes.

This is shooped right? Their hair is so huge it looks like bunny ears or something.

It's real. The art is truly that shitty.

Nope, you could script them all. You could also just pause and swap control to set everyone off at once.

During important encounters like hard bosses you may want to step in directly. But for regular encounters having that shit run on automatic was usually fine. Especially since you open up new slots for new scripts as you level. So you play the game less and less as you go forward.

Literally taken straight off the site. You should see the faces they do now. Those are good ones for them.

The awkward voice acting is what made X so bad.
If the VAs had actually conveyed what was being said properly, AHAHAHAHA wouldn't have become a thing (since Teedus really is supposed to be fake-laughing at that moment, but it was too realistic for its own good)

Hey, John DiMaggio was pretty damn good as Wakka

too bad the character was shit. Did give me my one true Sup Forums waifu

Yes I feel like you guys are more qualified to talk about that.

What is with that fucking abdomen? Did she tie her belt-gown too tight?

>doesn't know about corsets

I think Vivi is most memorable because he is probably the most well written and fully developed character in the entire series.
Honestly I haven't played 'every' FF game so I can't say for sure, but the closest anyone else could get is being on par with him.
It's a crime that he was able to get that much love while Freya may as well have died in Cleyra for all the impact it would've had on the story afterwards.