Hey Arnold! was definitely the most mature and deep program on Nickelodeon during the 90s. I mean...

Hey Arnold! was definitely the most mature and deep program on Nickelodeon during the 90s. I mean, they addressed topics like addiction, depression, adult love, math failure, people not being who they appear to be on TV, weight, mugging, parent neglect, losing a child, feeling like you don't belong with the other humans, nice people becoming bitter, etc.

And this is all from an episodic slice of life cartoon aimed at kids. That is damn impressive. I'm excited for The Jungle Movie!

A lot of those actually aren't all that uncommmon besides mugging/losing a child.

Pigeon Man still makes me get a little teary eyed

I was going to post that, that shit made me cry more than a room full of onions

heh, 'member the 'abdicator'?
taught me the meaning of that word

>Nice people becoming bitter

>people not being who they appear to be on TV

What examples were those?

same, bros.

The ice cream dude in the labors day episode.
The other one was about this singer that Phoebe had a crush on who was depicted as a modern poet when in reality he didnt even wrote his own songs

And yet if it aired today it'd be "Tumblr trash"

how do you figure? because the protagonist's best friend is black? is that unironically what constitutes as "Tumblr" now?

I dont see it.
But i bet some here would bitch about Harold being a Jew

wasn't that a Dexter episode?
Or is it just one of those overlapping ideas?

To be fair, the ice cream man was in the right

Who the fuck pays with pennies

To be fair Harold was a piece of shit
>Jew character is an asshole
What did Craig meant by this?

Dexter was an asshole to pretty much every adult in the show. Remember the janitor?

Harold should have left the show after that

Harold got better as the show progressed.

Nah man. HA isn't mature or deep because it addressed those topics, it's because it did so elegantly and tastefully.

Jannie did nothing wrong.

>feeling like you don't belong with the other humans
season?episode?

Oh man i loved that Phoebe episode. I knew even then it was just Millie Vanille reference but Helga loving how fake he was just sealed that episode as a classic

see

Kids can be so cruel

thanks

mysides

You know, Stoop Kid's not wanting to leave his stoop is understandable. All his shit is on the stoop, and if he left it unattended there's a very real possibility someone will come along and steal his stuff. Or he's got one of those hidden backstories where he's afraid to leave his stoop because he doesn't want to be gone when his mom eventually comes back (she never will)