The superhero bubble

Sup Forums, how do you think it's going to burst?

what's going to happen to the industry after?

THIS GAME SUCKS MY SPIDER BALLS
IT'S HORRIBLE

The Big Two will go back to being good again for a short time before they're shut down indefinitely for hemorrhaging money.

Hollywood will move onto the next big thing and the SJWs/tumblr will follow them.

2004-2008 AVGN still holds up today.

I'd say the golden era is 2005-2007.

how do you define a superhero movie in the first place?

After the Infinity War movie(s) I'm pretty sure we'll see the movies start slowing down, Sony will have probably ruined Spider-Man again and it may take the MCU with it

superhero movies used to be contained. either in one movie, or a series of movies, they could have all stood out as separate stories.

cinematic universes have now made the consuming of these movies to be far more difficult, and people will grow tired, eventually, of having to spread themselves over the course of an entire studio's output, just to get the same effect that superhero movies used to do.

The bubble will burst when Sony starts pushing all their Spider-Man films, and each studio keeps trying to milk every little property. When the films crash, comics will be out of business for good.

>Sup Forums, how do you think it's going to burst?
>what's going to happen to the industry after?

Never, it's not going to burst, capeshit has been around forever and now is more a global pop culture phenomenon than a North American thing it's never going away.

When do you think the Space Opera "bubble" is going to burst?
Or the Rom-com "bubble"?
Or the One Man's Revenge-film "bubble"?

should Sony create a cinematic universe based around Venom, and not Spider-Man, these are the characters they would be allowed to use.

Without Spider-Man.

The Symbiotes are tryhard garbage, and adopting them to film is going to end up in Sony tears and unintentional comedy.

Was nothing learned from the Spawn movie?

well, I don't know about you my man but

>toxin, a symbiote
>toxin kinda looks like spider-man if you try hard enough
>toxin can be a good guy, sometimes
>we can get toxin to crack jokes too
>toxin = spider-man + venom mcu

>Without Spider-Man.

Apparently Sony wants Tom Holland to show up in their spin-off movies too, so Spider-man or Peter Parker may show up but he won't be the protagonist. We'll have to wait until Venom releases to see what the hell Sony is up too.

Remember that Spider-man movie rights are still Sony's and the MCU deal is some kind of loan, we don't know the legal details of the deal but maybe they can still use Spider-man in the spin-offs if the movies doesn't have "Spider-man" in the title or some loophole like that.

every bubble bursts sooner or later.

Good News, you'll have your pick of seats in the theater when Sony makes a movie about toothy knock-off Spider-Man.

hopefully the comic market will diversify and other genres can shine through the medium

maybe french comics will become the next hot shit

I need help looking for an old series of Spiderman videos I would always stumble upon on youtube 10 years ago.

one of them had Spiderman make tea, as in literally walking to a teapot and serving himself a cup.

the other where he babysits three kids and they gang up on him and hit him with pillows, then he goes em up and goes 'remember to behave the best you can' or whatever

I'm struggling to come up with several names for it but I've got literally no lead

Comic book movies are a cultural fad, not a "Bubble".
Bubbles in the sense you're thinking are over-valuations of commodities or financial instruments. Their "bursting" is a sharp correction towards a norm.

There have been Summer blockbusters since Jaws, and year-round blockbusters for at least 20 years. Big-Draw movies aren't going anywhere until theaters themselves become outdated.

look up for Spiderman Frozen Elsa

>tfw no agent venom movie

should probably mention it was live action. I'm asking mainly because the outfit in the OP sprung it back up for some odd reason

>>tfw no agent venom movie
>Flash Thompson would be perfect for the Sony Universe but they decided to be "creative" making him a DYEL guy

I think "bubble" in the sense that the actual's number aren't sustainable forever. People will get tired sooner or later, and movie companies will have to cut many of these movies and move to something else.
>There have been Summer blockbusters since Jaws, and year-round blockbusters for at least 20 years. Big-Draw movies aren't going anywhere until theaters themselves become outdated.
which is funny because we didn't really have here (Italy) American summer blockbaster insummer until very recently (I think the last 5 years)... those usually came out on Christmas / the winter season.

are they going to try to do Raimi's Spider-Man 4 or was that just a rumor?

Can't look at it in a traditional sense anymore

They'll stop when China stops watching and as long as it's somewhat distracting and two hours China will never stop watching

i dont think raimi is ever going back to Spider-man
not after the production nightmare that where 3 and 4

>Or the Rom-com "bubble"?

that one already burst. rom-coms are dead.

>"Certainly as we get to Infinity War there is a >sense of a climax if not a conclusion to, by the >time we’re at untitled Avengers 4, the 22 >movies that will have encompassed the first >three phases of the MCU. And what happens >after that will be very different. I don’t know if >it’s Phase 4, it might be a new thing.”

What's going to be left in the MCU after the Infinity War, that will keep people in their seats?
The further they go into Marvel's catalogs, audiences might not want to see anything without another Avengers payoff. Especially since they've made no effort to integrate the Netflix or even Agents of Shield portions. (They even got Blade and Ghost Rider back).

How can you logically plan a movie for 2020 or even 2025?

>Sup Forums, how do you think it's going to burst?
It won't. Because...

>what's going to happen to the industry after?
...there is no singular "industry" anymore.

Superheroes have saturated all facets of media and merchandise. The "industry" of superheroes is now every single type of commercial endeavor, thus there is no way that a bubble can actually burst and ruin the whole shebang. If the comics fail, there's still movies, toys, games, and various merchandising. If the movies fail, there's still comics, toys, games, and various merchandising. It goes on and on, with multiple levels of firewall protection from complete failure. And if nothing else the toys themselves have proven to be evergreens that have gone through some incredibly harsh cycles for over 30 years without missing a beat and continuously growing.

So not a bubble at all, you just believe that the popularity/profitability of them will taper off eventually. And that's a possibility, if they don't make a variety of them or they start churning out cheap sequels and spin-offs.

There are a lot of comic-book genres out there to explore, and films like GotG and Winter Soldier really lie outside the typical superhero/supervillain genre already.

>2005
He skipped that year

Tom Hardy is whoring out his modest talent harder than Michael Caine at his peak.

You really don't *have* to though. It's like with cape comics, if you happen on an issue where Thanos has like 5 infinity gems you're not going to go "huh? When did he get those? I'm so fucking confused!", you just roll with it.
Fuck CW basically had a whole "previously in the MCU" thing going on.

It won't, you're silly to think it will.

Popularity will wax and wane of course like anything else that's popular, but they will never go away. It will become more prominent as technology improves. CW shows don't have the best CGI or effects, but this shit was movie quality 20-25 years ago. Just imagine what they'll be able to pull off on tv in another 20, or how movies will be then.

Nigga it's like 8 movies a year. It's why Sup Forums's comparison with Western doesn't work, there was like 50+ Westerns a year back then.

He's consultant on homecoming

The Horror genre has been going longer and stronger than the cape genre, and seems unlikely to ever stop. At most there's a slight change in formula.