Red pill me on the Watchmen

Red pill me on the Watchmen...

Pitch me their comics and why should I give them a chance

>Red pill me
How about you kill yourself instead?

Wow, thanks for ignoring the rest of the post grandma, pops must be cranky if you are that sensible

The only thing that's truly necessary to read is the original graphic novel. Before Watchmen is purely supplemental and varies in quality.

As to why you should read Watchmen, it's good not just for the story itself, but how it is told. It uses reoccuring leitmotifs and themes to not just enhance the story, but also foreshadow things to come.

As for page composition, the nine-panel grid gives it a nice cinematic feel. Plus, Dave Gibbons' art and John Higgins' color really makes the story shine. The art portrays some characters (like Ozymandiaz and Doctor Manhattan) as traditionally handsome to illustrate their elevated status, while some characters (like Nite-Owl and Rorschach) are drawn average at best to show how they are at our level. To put it bluntly, shit's tight bro.

>Red pill me on the Watchmen...
Anyone who uses that term and expects to be taken seriously deserves to be shot.

>red pill me
Eat shit and die

they're fedora shit

don't waste your time

pic related

>sjws ruin yet another thread

Alan Moore hates us.

>the original graphic novel
What original graphic novel? Watchmen never had any OGNs.

>their comics

You know what? Don't bother.

>Red pill

Go kill yourself.

>Red pill me

Die in a fire you meme cocksucker

Shove your red pill up YOUR ASS

>tell me why I should like something
>tell me what my opinion should be
>convince me to give this comic a chance
Why should we give a shit about what you think? Either read it or don't read it, no one gives a fuck either way.

Don't bother with that edgy shit. It's very similar to identity crisis and just a cash grab by some outsourced British writer and artist, to DC's latest event by the superstar team of Geoff Johns and Gary Frank.

Start with Watchmen Babies, then move onto the Bendis run of the New Watchmen.

The original mini series/graphic novel is a meticulous work of art. Everything from the story structure to the very panel layout is deliberate and meaningful. It was a passion project for Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons, and colorist John Higgins. It has its high reputation for a reason.

This. If you want some good comics featuring The Watchmen, just skip straight to DC Rebirth, The Button and the upcoming Doomsday Clock. That's where the masterworks are.

>The original mini series
It was 12 issues, meaning there's nothing "mini" about it. It's either a limited series or a maxi-series depending on which term you prefer.

>graphic novel
Not a graphic novel.

It's literally a 12-issue series collected into a single graphic novel. It's not like you're asking whether you should invest your time in a 60+ issue series. Just fucking read it and decide if you like it or not. You will literally finish it in a day.

Might as well spend more time collecting opinions on whether or not you should watch a 24-minute pilot instead of just watching it.

>a single graphic novel
You mean a single trade. The fact that it's a collection of 12 issues means that it isn't a graphic novel.

It wasn't an ongoing so it was a mini, Christ. What is a "maxi" series other than "a long mini".
You're not clever for trying to nitpick semantics when the point of the post was still clear.

Good job you've bitched about things that aren't important at all in this discussion

I've always wondered how we break down this sort of thing.
So TMNT goes with Microseries, which is like 1 fucking issue.
A Mini series is what? 4? 6?
Maxi is double that?

I never got LP and EP either.

>Red Pill me
>Why should I?
Unless you pay me to give you a presentation then fuck off, read the comic and form your own opinion yoy lazy turd.

i think LP and EP were like tech constraints of the time

>There are capefags who haven't read Watchmen yet.
Maybe you should just stick with rebland or fagacy.

What discussion? The one where some dumbass Sup Forumslack wants us to give him an opinion to have instead of just thinking for himself for once in his life? Wow, what a great "discussion" that is.

More like Sup Forumslack... of euhhh... neurons!! Ha ha!!!

>So TMNT goes with Microseries, which is like 1 fucking issue.
If it's only 1 issue then it's a One-shot. Unless it's particularly large then it'd be a graphic novel.

>A Mini series is what? 4? 6? Maxi is double that?
Just about, yeah. Not really a hard and fast rule, but I generally go with 2-6 = mini; 7+ = maxi

It's 12 issues and you're on Sup Forums. You have nothing better to do and we all know it.

Why is there an asshole doing these things? What is this?

>why should I give them a chance

You shouldn't

The Micro Series thing was just Eastman and Laird taking the piss out of all the minis that were cropping up back then.

I'm not going to lie, after just watching Sup Forums throw a fit over a woman poster it's pretty nice seeing the same reaction to Sup Forums shit on Sup Forums

it's good to see board diversity like this, it's healthy for the site

The thing hit is leftwing nutters are shitting up comics, but retarded Sup Forums fucks just want to use our problem as a front in their retarded shitflinging idiot wars they don't even understand themselves.

"Actually...." *adjusts glasses*

Well that clears that up, thanks.

I'm all for being pedantic. But at least be self aware that you're discussing pointless minutia.

>the Watchmen
use google, kill yourself.
choose the order

This. It was poor man's identity crisis written by some edgy hack from Avatar press. Save that money for some spectacular variants from Doomsday Clock instead.

What an awful thread.

Is their a reason you're being a huge cunt?

>Red pill
>the Watchmen
>comics
>why should I
Seriously slit your throat.

It's not minutia. It's like debating The Leftovers versus Melancholia. Both are long motion pictures about depression, but one is separated into sections versus a cohesive whole.

Watchmen is like the former, a lengthy examination of an issue made for periodic sampling, as opposed to the latter, a work that is meant to be enjoyed in one sitting and written as such.

*adjusts glasses

>Red pill me
>the Watchmen...
>their comics
>them a chance

Successful bait is successful.

these are proof that sjws have overrun Sup Forums

you all need to leave

you don't belong here

this is proof that watchmen appeals to fedoras