This list is objective and factual. The only question is what the best of the best and worst of the worst are

This list is objective and factual. The only question is what the best of the best and worst of the worst are.

I know this is probably just a troll thread and I'm dumb for replying, but how does anyone not love 'Dream of Love'
It's great.

3 of those on the worst side are wrong

but dang this really gave me some nostalgia

I have literally never heard anyone express a positive opinion for it.

I would add to best Jake the Brick, Margaret and Joshua Investigations, Mysterious Island, It Came from the Nightosphere, A Glitch is a Glitch and Varmints

As for bad I don't even know where to begin, but there's quite more.

Me, I fucking hate every episode with Tree Trunks, even the old ones, fucking waste of a character.

Why are you even counting guest animator episodes in this list? Clearly they wont have any storyline imoortance, they are just made to be fun and cant have the same standarts as a regular episode.

Mystery Dungeon was good.

No one asked for plot relevant, the episodes are just shit

There's a lot of good episodes, but I feel only so many people would completely agree on some being the best, personally I would add all of Islands, like half of Stakes and Time Sandwich but some people hate those episodes.

Puhoy is the best episode.

>hating Food Chain

I know people all have their own opinions, but I don't believe you. I assume you are a troll.

Take your (You) and go.

Overall, pretty excellent taste. My only major objection is Food Chain, that was a great episode.

Bad songs and CalArts animation

No shame in liking Varmints. One of the best episodes from s7 for sure. I would add Hall of Egress and Flute Spell from that season as well.

Flute Spell was pretty much just canonizing Huntress Wizard, there wasn't a lot happening there.

I hope the guest animated episodes are their own category, bc they're some of the best and most memorable eps of adventure time.

If they're being lumped in with the worst episodes then this list is a complete wash, don't waste brain cells reading

No shame, I love that episode, it's just that sometimes I feel Sup Forums hates Bubbline for some reason, and just refuse to call any episode with PB/Marcy good.

>Best List
>Mortal Folly
Adam Muto & Rebecca Sugar

>Dad's Dungeon
meant to be Pen Ward solo, Muto and Natasha Allegri helped out when deadlines were approaching

>I Remember You
Cole Sanchez & Rebecca Sugar

>Escape from the Citadel
Tom Herpich & Steve Wolfhard

>Is That You?
Jesse Moynihan

>Evergreen
Tom Herpich & Steve Wolfhard (Tom being the episode's sole Story Writer)

>The Mountain
Sam Alden & Jesse Moynihan (Moynihan also involved in the story)

>You Forgot Your Floaties
Jesse Moynihan (also involved in the story)

>Crossover
Sam Alden & Jesse Moynihan

>Worst List
>Slow Love
Benton Connor & Cole Sanchez

>Dream of Love
Somvilay Xayaphone & Bert Youn

>James Baxter the Horse
Pendleton Ward & Somvilay Xayaphone (Pen also involved in the story like nearly every episode until after Stakes)

>Sad Face
Graham Falk

>Chips and Ice Cream
Seo Kim & Somvilay Xayaphone (both also involved in the story)

Flute Spell is one of my all time favourites. It was funny, well paced, and showed real maturity from Finn. It's flawless in my eyes.

>Calarts
A Japanese animator directed it and his small independent Japanese studio animated it

Did Moynihan and Sugar ever work together?
And is Moynihan making his own show anytime soon?

>Jake the Brick

Top tier taste, user.

Well that's dumb, Varmints is a gem.

nope, but Herpich and Moynihan worked together a few times, and both Moynihan and Sugar were at different times partnered with Cole Sanchez

Plus one of Herpich and Wolfhard's episodes (Be More) was based off of an abandoned season 3 Sugar episode (hence why both Sugar and Pat Mchale were credited under story)

It was all down hill after Enchiridion.

Enhiridion was the first one boarded, not released.

>General Adventure Time Story Writers (not counting individual episodes with unusual writers)

>Season 1
creator Pen Ward, creative director Pat McHale, Story Editor Merriwether Williams, and Staff Writer Tim McKeon

>Most of Season 2
Pen, Pat, Merriwether, Supervising Producer Thurop Van Orman, and Staff Writer Steve Little

>Late Season 2 and season 3
Pen, Pat (still creative director on season 2, switches to staff writer on season 3), Story Editor Mark Banker, and Staff Writer Kent Osborne

>Season 4 and 5.1
Pen, Pat, and Kent (now Head of Story)

>early season 5.2
Pen, Kent, and initially Supervising Producer (becomes Showrunner down the line) Adam Muto

>Late season 5.2, season 6, and early (pre-stakes, Stakes, and a few post-stakes episodes) season 7
Pen, Kent, Muto, and Staff Writer Jack Pendarvis

>Mid Season 7
Muto, Kent, and Jack

>Late half of season 7, and early season 8 (including Islands and Orb)
Muto, Kent, Jack, and Ashly Burch

>Elements and presumably most of the rest of the show
Muto, Kent, Jack, and Julia Pott

It seems the story guys have finally taken over the comedy guys, huh. Good.