"Sometimes it feels like the only one at my side, is you."

>"Sometimes it feels like the only one at my side, is you."
>forgetting completely about the other 3

this show is garbage when it comes to relationship stuff romantic or otherwise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YXHorIrLFIc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thats usually what happens when a show that isnt romantic turns out romantic due to tumblr shipfags.

Honestly, Velma was better with Fred. They had much more in common than they did with Daphne.

Hell, half the time it feels like the gang doesn't even like each other, like they are friends with maybe one person in the group and the rest they just put up with, except for the fact that they all hang out almost 24/7. Except for when they don't because Velma needs to be sad that she doesn't have any friends (????????) Also Scooby is mad at Shaggy cause he doesn't want him to date (except for when he's totally fine with it and it's not a problem)

It's like the writers don't understand how people work sometimes. I get that Scooby-Doo doesn't usually do character dynamics and whatnot but if it's not even gonna' try and do it well, it shouldn't do it at all.

Blame society for placing more value on romantic over platonic and familiar relationships.

Reminder that Fred loves traps.

youtube.com/watch?v=YXHorIrLFIc

shaggy choosing scooby over velma was painful.

How? Yeah, Scooby was being a dick, but Velma was incredibly controlling and would force herself into his life often. No shame preferring the best friend who doesn't hold you to impossible standards over the emotionally abusive girlfriend.

Remember that time when Scooby was dangling over a cliff and Velma pondered out loud how she could just let him die and have Shaggy to herself, and then quickly assured him she would never do that, as if she wasn't a shit human being for just musing about letting him die right to his face. And he just let that go.

more of instead of saying they're done, he was using scooby as a reason.

"it's not me or you, it's this bro."

That started with the movies, particularly Zombie Island. The live action movies made it even worse, so there was some precedence to them not getting along like they used to. Fred just couldn't let go of the past.

No, it wasn't.

Bros before hoes.

>Fred is an idiot with daddy issues and a strange love for traps
>Daphne is just a dumbass

No shit that their romance is a shit show.

That's sort of addressed though, isn't it?
They're cosmic pawns of an eldritch entity, eternally drawn together to work towards its release. They speak about that in the finale don't they, after the world is made how it was intended to be? They realize none of them had any reason to know one another beyond the entity, and that the world is so vastly different that they're taken aback by it?

It has been awhile since I last watched it, but I really do think it was addressed. It might be just a nod to them being so off to one another throughout, but that's still something innit?

Tried to watch this garbage because Sup Forums insisted that Velma was great........she's not snarky, she's just a horrible unlikable cunt. Fuck you for lying Sup Forums.

>>"Sometimes it feels like the only one at my side, is you."
>>forgetting completely about the other 3

>Missing the joke that every time the gang splits up Fred always chooses to go with Daphne no matter what, and Scooby always goes with Shaggy, Velma is the only wildcard but she usually goes with Shaggy and Scoob
>half the time it is just those two together

I haven't even watched it, but that sounds obvious

Velma doesn't even have a reason to like Shaggy. There's no reason for it, other than manufactured romance to provide easy drama. She, in the first season at least, tried to change every single aspect of Shaggy's personality so what the hell does she like about him? Same with Daphne to Fred, she doesn't like the core aspect of his character so what does she like?
that actually triggered me something good. Velma is an asshole in the first season for basically no reason. By the way, Shaggy and Scooby are brothers really. Scooby is intelligent and can talk and lives with the family, they are related, as far as I can tell, by everything but blood. So it was more like Velma trying to force Shaggy to choose between her or his family.

Like I said, it's like the gang secretly despises each other except for maybe one person. Why do they hang out with each other so much if they don't have a close bond?
I feel like Zombie Island did probably the best job out of all of the 'the gang spits up and has to come together." But yeah there really was a shift after that movie in the gang's dynamics. Which is a shame because they went from being kind of like a family to being more like some coworkers getting together for a job that they don't really want to do.
I tend to think that /co overblows it's character hate, but I agree, she's just plain unlikable in this show. Daphne too for being, somehow, the most one note version of her character I've ever seen.

I didn't miss the joke. It's been done in pretty much every modern incarnation of Scooby-Doo. But the relationship in the context of the show pretty much makes zero sense because he doesn't really pay her that much mind, until suddenly he loves her and she's amazing and the best one day because writing.

hang around with each other long enough and a romance happens?

wasn't there a storyboarder that got fired because her endgame was to put two characters in a barn and romance just happens?

It was a surprisingly well written teenage love story. Realistic, plus character growth. I watched the series with my 12 year old brother (I'm 24) after I got him into it. I tried to point out how realistic that was to him. Hopefully it'll be a memory he has when he's in high school, since I'm moving fat away come fall.

I actually dig this pairing.

yeah I know, sad it always seems to be permanent she chasing the closeted faggot that Fred is

Wrong video?

I feel the Daphne and Fred pairing is actually a result of 'let's split up gang' because Fred always went with her. The funny thing though is that the the gang really only could split up in that way. Shaggy and Scooby are the comic relief (and in universe Scooby is Shaggy's dog) so them being paired in the split up is, almost, always a given. So that leaves Fred Daphne and Velma. I feel that at the time the original show took place the writers always wanted to make sure that there was a guy in the group, y'know the times and all that, and while Velma was very capable and likely could have split with Daphne on her own there wouldn't be a man there with her. So usually they would just pair Fred and Daphne together and place Velma wherever because at that point there would always be 1 man per group, no matter how 'manly' Shaggy actually is.
This also makes sense as Daphne was known as 'Danger Prone' and was always causing accidents. Fred was the most competent man of the two (I'm not sure that Scooby counts) so it makes sense in universe that they wouldn't want to pair Daphne and Shaggy together, IE Fred could easily fix any mistakes that she ends up making. Velma was competent on her own so she was usually paired with Shaggy and Scooby because then there was an authority to that side of the group as well and, hopefully, they'd be able to get more work done that way. Of course then Velma would get split up even further cause of glasses. Hopefully all that actually ended up making any sense I'm pretty tired.

1/2

I'm sure this wasn't all necessarily the reason for why the group split up the way they did but from what I remember there was never anything implicit about the characters having feelings for each other. So it'd make sense if Fred, being the leader, came up with doing it that way in order to keep the goofier members of the team in check. I'm sure the real answer for why it was the way it was is probably more benign than that. But it seems to make sense to me from a storytelling perspective.
2/2

Then of course there was the time when they didn't think they needed Fred or Velma (all you need Pup(py power)) so they went and made Daphne much more competent, so the dynamics changed but that's a different conversation altogether.

That's exactly it. And the longer they spend time together, the more they'll hate each other and everyone else around them and that's why their city is so screwed up

>Velma doesn't even have a reason to like Shaggy
Why not? Shaggy is an actual nice guy, he's kind , loyal, athletic, funny, a good cook and they both apparently enjoy capeshit. Just because they were horrible as a couple doesn't mean she had nothing to be attracted to in the first place.

Scooby Doo showed their chemistry pretty well. No romantics though.

I meant Be Cool, Scooby Doo