So who'd win?

So who'd win?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oyl97TG8jbA
youtube.com/watch?v=L0D0VGomWb4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The better character obviously.

If you don't know how to use Google, I can't help you.

There are dozens of forums where you can discuss this and you chose /co? What the fuck is wrong with you?

the guy who can fly

the one with good hair

Goku, he is less powerfull than superman, but he knows how to use his powers, is basically a lesser superman who knows martial arts, he knows how to punch/beam, superman is used to hold back his power because he could destroy the earth, Goku knows how to take advantage of that.

What the fuck is the point of these kindergarden arguments?

physic laws from humor universes are different from the action universe ones

Goku. He is more powerful than superman and despite being written by a man who can't remember one day to the next, is more consistent a character too. He is also the main character from the series that created the visual language everyone now uses to depict super-human conflict. You can't make a Superman movie nowadays without it being a spandex DBZ fan film.

>DBZ invented flying people punching each other

Usually it's an excuse to talk about DBZ in Sup Forums.

they problem with superman movies is his villians always are Zod or lex Luther.
They don't explore much of the superman universe.

Superman wins

youtube.com/watch?v=oyl97TG8jbA

youtube.com/watch?v=L0D0VGomWb4

Gag comic/manga always out beats Battle comic and manga. Vegeta was made aware of this.

>relying on fag battle

I liked how that DS Jump game had a triangle where comedy manga beats str manga but is weak to smart manga

Goku because everytime there's a bad guy stronger than him, he'll pull another Super Saiyan level to overpower him.

yeah because nothing deflates a joke better than logic.

Superman. He has overall better feats than Goku. Anything Goku can do, Superman has done it better.

>citing the manga

If you want to use Super at least use the anime. That is canon.

then goku is on the cusp of a new transformation when he faces jiren who is being hyped as a superman expy I.E a superhero and an alien

Superman's real power is that he's supposed to be a beacon of good. As long as he's not evil, he'll get away with any BS because he needs to be able to help anyone. He's more of an idea than a character, so you can't really compare him against anyone under normal circumstances.

But if we're doing a depowered fight, then Goku because Superman wasn't able to beat Muhammad Ali in a boxing match.

>anime canon
love the bait

superman is fighting the Literal current god of dc (doc M) while goku can't beat beerus yet

>Japanese heroes need to yell and flex their muscles to blow up planets

What? You mean you can't just look at something and make it explode. AHAHAHAHAHA

Whoever the writer wants. They're both powerful enough for that to be the only correct answer

they don't need it frozen to make something explode

>but he knows how to use his power

So does Superman though and he's arguably pulled off far more impressive feats with them

>Not using current Superman

>Please don't use versions of Superman that would wreck my favorite anime character

Read it. He was going to just punch it but settled on total vaporization instead.

I mean Freeza points at planets and blows them up. He can look at something else while doing it.

It's true, just ask any DBSfag about Vegeta's inability to lift 1000 tons.

>goku is on the cusp of a new transformation

Oh Boy! What this, the 6th, 7th transformation?

You don't have a fucking clue what was meant by "visual language" do you?

no I am a dbfag and what's canon is in the manga. It's just how it is. Anime takes liberties and just adds what ever.

Super duper saiyan god super duper saiyan green machine, flashes to super saiyan turquoise briefly when punching.

Dragonball went way to powerful to fast. When your villians can all destroy planets with ease where's the tension?

I wanted to call it Lava Goku

They fuck up their own math multiple times. They use questionable feats. They don't include canon things for Goku. They add non-canon things.

>He actually thinks DBZ invented flying people punching each other really fast

IS DAT ANODA DBZ REFERENCE?

>Great Ape, Super Saiyan, 2 , 3 , God, SSGod

Actually this would be the 8th

Nah, because the current manga isn't being written directly by Toriyama unlike the anime, at least that's what I understand.

Even if that wasn't the case, does Goku going down from a mook's raygun count in the film where he was powered up, or does the anime which made him power down first count instead?

>Where's the tension

SA Superman got around that by giving Superman problems to solve rather than enemies to fight.

This pic here is from an issue where Superman gets infected by an ice virus from that planet. Instead of freezing him (because he's Superman and SA Superman was never harmed by anything not explicitly one of his weaknesses, especially in Gardner Fox JLA) it gives him ice vision instead of heat vision and he has to figure out how to adapt to the change. A bunch of criminals find out and plant some bombs around the city for him to look for while they rob stuff, and Superman has to figure out how to find the bombs without his X-ray vision (which in the SA WAS his heat vision just dialed down).

Dragon Ball solves the problem by...well it doesn't really solve the problem. Super sort of sucks.

>Giving Superman a base form speed

That cunt went from Pluto to earth in 6 seconds. That's 7.5 billion kilometers. That's 1.250 billion kilometers a second. I honestly wouldn't cry about Death battle math

Superman can go fast enough to travel back in time, fuck up Bardock, become Goku's daddy, raise him, then travel back through time to the present just to tell Goku that he's now fighting his daddy.

Don't even try the "Goku's faster" argument. He was doing Flash tricks before the Flash.

7 or 8th

Depends on the supermam, DCAU Supes would lose, but golden age would win

Superman, if he's not holding back he just melts Goku or breaks the planet, If Superman flies into space and wrecks the planet with heat vision what could Goku possibly do? Also Superman flies like a trillion times light speed and can phase through punches and energy.

Come back when Goku exhaling is enough to push super sized suns

Doomguy

Lets use the most inconsistent comic book character and use over +50 versions against one anime character.

I can nitpick too.

This is something people ignore.

Ultraman was sniping people from orbit with heat vision. A killer Superman would have no problem flying to the sun and just blowing up the Earth.

Goku. It doesn't matter whether or not he actually DEFEATS Supes because either way he gets an awesome battle so he wins regardless of whether or not he actually comes out on top.

This is him blowing. Just blowing.

>Nah, because the current manga isn't being written directly by Toriyama unlike the anime, at least that's what I understand.
no that'd backwards. Toriyama writes the synopsis and he watches over the manga, while toei just takes the synopsis and does what they want.
Toriyama stated he much prefer toyo's story board and choices than Toei's. Toriyama still gets to give input on the manga.
To answer your question, yes from the movie. Goku's body is trained to be like steel but he still isn't superman. Goku getting sniped is possible because of his bad habit of letting his gaurd down. As much as people want to deny it, it happened. The thing is if Goku didn't have his gaurd down he could block it. Thing is he has to be in "fighting mode" to do it.

Yeah you just summed up why pitting anyone against Superman is pointless

thats true the menace is all about his fighting autism now a days

Yes, as you've pointed out in your crying, it is shit.

Goku is faster. See? Wasn't that hard. Your on foot faggot can't into space without the use of a magic banana peel. Good luck traversing across the universe at whimsical crazy +2 speed on FOOT.

>most inconsistent comic book character.

He's not if you understand how continuity works.

And you want to talk fair and unfair? How is it fair that Goku gets all his bullshit power ranger transformations but they never want him to fight the strongest versions of Superman just what they think is "canon" Superman?

You want one of the stronger versions of Superman? Look at pic related.

I'm so glad bringing back Freeza is going to bite him in the ass. I sincerely hope U7 losses the tournament

>Your on foot faggot

...You do know Superman can fly right?

freeza even complained about it the last anime episode and then just to prove his point he trapped goku into the energy of destruction that freeza himself just got outta

Do people even post web comics on this level of bad nowadays? They shouldn't. There should be alot of shame associated with that upload button.

That was my first post. You're the one who seems triggered. You may as well have Goku fighting Droopy or Popeye if you have him against Superman because a Superman writer can do whatever the fuck he likes. Fighting is not what Superman is about, it never has been. Its what you Goku fans don't understand

I didn't know Superman sometimes called himself the Flash. Probably annoys the real Flash when he does that. No wonder they race all the time.

again that still isn't canon until the manga proves other wise. Who knows it maybe in the future.

>Goku is faster
>Latest chapter of the manga with Goku more powerful than he's ever been has him fighting a single enemy for more than an hour
Yeah this guy is gonna beat Superman lmao, the guy who flew into a sun that drains his powers and then tanked the resulting Supernova that was 50 times this size of an already large Supernova

yeah freeza is going to betray him so hard

>Hating on Silver Age Superman

For shame user, for shame.

Both are canon anime is just farther ahead and the manga fixes some of the problems with it.

what's considered canon superman?
Becuase injustice superman shows wonder woman kicking the crap out of him and she didn't have a super pill.
Also we are talking about the ultimate tank superman vs the ultimate dps goku.

>Fighting is not what Superman is about

True. When they tried to have Superman fight all those guys on his power level during Nu 52 like Wraith and H'el and Ulysses they hemoraged readers. Now that he's back with Lois and Jon he's consistently outselling 90 percent of Marvel's output.

Superman has as much to do with fights as a fairy tale story.

it takes parts that are canon, but added stuff like trunks rage ssj, or Genkidama sword isnt.

dc rebirth superman as he's the one we follow month to month

>canon Superman

Thanks to Hypertime and Convergence, all of them.

Be aware if you pick cartoon Superman I pick NES game kid Goku.

Can Goku hold a black hole?

yes I know

There is a DC Canon with a main story line, and Injustice isn't a part of it the same Superman that tanked that Supernova absorbed enough energy to vaporize a galaxy, and lifted a book that contained infinite pages, while fighting another Superman from another universe they punched each other hard enough that reality started falling apart, and Superman's heat vision is so hot it melded a hole in reality and all of these are one consistent version of Superman

By the way this black hole would have destroyed the entire solar system

Maybe. But considering how comical that looks they probably wouldn't have him do it.

>He's not if you understand how continuity works.

Superman had the reset button pushed multiple times not counting different versions because he was written too powerful. Continuity doesn't mean shit if you're too inconsistent with power scaling along with poor writers taking over periodically!

People complain about Goku's inconsistency but want to use Mainstream Superman as the base model with the power scaling of different Supermen of different Earth's and timeline.

He wouldn't be able to, in recent chapters/episode Goku and Vegeta still train in like x1000 gravity which is shit compared to what a black hole would do, he would die from being near it.

> the one with good hair
Which one? Lex Luthor? Or Freezer?

>Considering how comical that looks
>For a series about a monkey alien with spiky glowing hair that wants to fight with a purple cat fury

Whatever you say user.

That's actually hilarious.
Probably why the whipped out the bullshit "Superman has infinite power" argument that falls apart because he's nowhere near the strongest being even in DC.

I want to see Goku fight Superboy Prime

Dammit, I wanted to post that.

>Goku learned a God of Destruction exclusive power just by watching it.
>This power simply wipes people from existence.

Superboy Prime would fist Goku

Except he never lifted the book

isn't a supernova filled with solar radiation?

He loses. Pre-Crisis level Supes is busted shit.

Freeza no doubt

Goku would get PRIMED and it would be a glorious thing to watch. Especially when Prime starts arguing with DBZ fans on youtube.

>Lifts it with Captain Marvel
>They start feeling Monitor Mind because they're actually touching Monitor Mind through the book
>The presence of Monitor Mind is so great Captain Marvel reverts back to Billy but Superman is fine

>A little later Ultraman, explicitly his equally powered but evil anti-matter double, is carrying the book like a football

What did user mean by this?

It was red sun radiation it would do more damage to him than a standard explosion
He lifted it with help, and Ultraman who is weaker than Superman lifted it alone.

it drains his SSB so he has to fight at base afterwards
he can only use it like once per fight
the destruction is super slow compared to a GoD

He can time travel instantly. That puts him ahead of a lotttttt of other characters.

>what's considered canon superman?
Whatever is convenient for SuperCucks to remember or ommit at their leisure to ensure Superman can't lose whenever a VS thread comes up.

This is why vs threads involving Superman are shit. There is no exception to this rule. There is no way a Superman VS can be unshit.

Seriously. In the Silver Age he used time travel more than he used his heat vision.

Superman would use the time it takes Goku to fart out his latest transformation to travel back in time and curbstomp little Dragon Ball Goku.