In this thread we post Marvel female characters more deserving of a solo push than Carol Danvers getting her sixth...

In this thread we post Marvel female characters more deserving of a solo push than Carol Danvers getting her sixth relaunch.

Feel free to explain why you think so if it's not self-evident.

I'll start with Psylocke. Awesome stories by Claremont, Remender and Alan fucking Moore to build on, interesting power set combination (martial arts and telepathy), connections to both mystic side of Marvel (through Cap Britain) and mutant side (with X-Men).

I mean I like Psylocke. She's better than Carol thats for sure. But I dont think she can carry an ongoing. She can do an arc easy sure but She's really just a good team filler character and that's not bad.

Marvel needs a Non Mutant female. So no.

You can't write a story about her.

Like Carol, Psylocke was never anything but tits and a butt to look at

Please be honest here user. Could you carry a solo, or are you team filler material?

Better tits and butt though.

>You can't write a story about her.

You haven't read any comics.

Marvel's TRUE Wonder Woman

Marvel never had a Wonder Woman equivalent. Not even pre-Bendis Wanda came close to being THE supeheroine of Marvel.

this

and Wasp

I mean, she's not even in team rosters anymore.

Lets turn this into a Wanda thread!

Storm

I can't think of any female lead titles that are just fun adventure. They're all trying to humanize and bring in a different audience with mostly relationships and social issues. FUCK THAT, Lady Hellbinder is a strong independent monster hunting alien queen...or something, some kind of nobility. She has no ties to Earth or Earth customs, THere's absolutely no reason for her to be involved in Earth politics or gender issues, she does her on thing through out the galaxy, hunting and fighting huge and terrible monsters. And that's what her book would be, just a badass doing badass shit, IN SPACE. which is what any number if not all of Carols books should have been.

the trinity

Stained Glass Scarlett, you could even shove in a Punisher team up issue considering her origins are similar. I think Scarlett could do well with a modern audience depending on who is writing her.

Who plays her in the MCU? I think either Jessica Chastain or Bryce Dallas Howard.

This is truth. At least, now. Warbird had best tits in comics.

Muh nigga. She was my first crush. I got a print of her at Wondercon 07 in SF. Hanging on my wall framed looking sexy. I like looking at it when high smoking weed between loading when playing PS4. I still hold a grudge against Bendis for what he did to her. The Robinson series was pretty dang good though

I like the way you think

Feels like we haven't had one in far too long, user.

How about
Molly Hayes?

Jennifer Kale is Marvel's best girl

Or Tigra?

Or Troll?

>Could you carry a solo, or are you team filler material?

Id be a team guy but a very prominent one who ends up playing a role in most arcs

Like most of Marvel's heroines, Wanda works best as part of a team book. But seeing her get a push would be better than Marvel refusing to give up on their failed push for Carol.

Aside from Carol, the only Marvel heroines who managed solo books that lasted more than 2 years seem to be She-Hulk, Dazzler, Jessica Drew, Spider-Girl, and Silver Sable.

>Marvel never had a Wonder Woman equivalent.

>Warrior culture based on ancient mythology with loads of material to pull from
>super strong
>hits shit with a sword

they have one they just don't want to give her a break for whatever asinine reason.

Wanda is simply too powerfull to be interesting as central character of a long story. I mean what sort of problems a woman able to alert reality would have to deal with?

Her period?

And they sold her off to Fox for some magic beans, the absolute madmen.

>this female character deserves an on-going!
>literally only because she's attractive
truly amazing

They even hired an actress whose name had been bandied around for the Diana role, then did not-much with her.

Pretty much.
Dealing with weird stuff caused by own bad temper. That would be a great premise for a humor series to rival Squirel Girl and Gwen Poole.

I'd be one of those characters whom everyone in universe really respected, but who got at most two poorly-selling miniseries.

"Wonder Woman equivalent" as in prominent solo female hero. Sif is one of Thor's supporting characters.

She-Hulk and Spider-Woman are probably their biggest names in terms of solo female titles. And they're both based on older and better known male characters.

Most male heroes are attractive as well. Some of them even gay to appeal for male audience.

I imagine it would be a lot like writing for Doctor Strange. Eldritch horrors that are too powerful to just zap away. Mysteries where she has to figure out what's actually going on before she can fix it. Moral dilemmas about how she should use her power.

Doc do whatever he does because it's within his character bound with strict moral dogmas. He surgically cures the world.

Wanda would be just zapping things around and hard resetting dimensions with no second thought.

Would be nice to have a fun comic again.

Spider Woman can actually work

Too bad she's a mother now.

SJW feminism destroyed her character

>Wanda would be just zapping things around and hard resetting dimensions with no second thought.

Being afraid of the harm she could do with her powers has been a central part of her character since House of M.

Stop that joke, she had a solo and it crashed and burned.

>women getting pregnant and having kids is a SJW feminism thing
That's a new one.

Not a comic-Marvelfag, can someone tell me when was the last time Psylocke made an appearance in a comic?

Latest Uncanny X-Men. She is joining Astonishing's roster

t. John McIntosh

I'd also throw in the odd Avenger team up, Vision, Hawkeye, Wasp, ect. Having different perspectives could keep it from getting stale quickly

>Marvel female characters more deserving of a solo push than Carol Danvers
There are none, Carol is the greatest.

this hasnt been true since Remender's X Force, it is true that Psylocke was a shit character for 2 decades (from the body swap to remembers x force), but they have managed to make something out of her. Psylocke as of now has pretty much become the main X Force character or mascot. She was the main character along with Magneto in Bunns Uncanny, and she will be the main character in Astonishing X-Men (a very X Force style book with Archangel, Wolverine, Fantomex, Gambit etc), to be released soon, and I bet it will be the best selling x book.
Only 12 issues, all about 1 story arc (shadow king is the enemy)

Psylocke has been in comics almost consistently since the early 90s. She has only been out of commission for brief periods due to her general popularity. Same as Storm and Rogue, really.

also, they will have to x-plain why Bishop isnt anymore a genocidal monster

The retcon got retconned.

Yes as fucked up as it is

Its part of the I don't need no man lesbian rehtoric

She's coming back, Sup Forums.
Although I would worry they'd hollow her out and sand off all her interesting qualities, much as they did with Carol, in order to better sell her to a wider audience.

Rogue having Captain Mar vell powers already outclassed carol by a mile

Too bad they can't use her

She's never coming back, Mar-Vell genetic line is dead. Carol is the only succesor.
Hulkling does not count, he'd never take on the mantle of Mar-Vell

>She's coming back, Sup Forums.
As Carol's next love Interest.

She's coming back. Duggan confirmed it, though it may take a while.

If it's anything like the Tony/Gamora "romance", I'd be OK with it.

Too much lesbianism

>She's coming back.

>You will give the people of the galaxy an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Phyla. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.

I miss the old Betsy

You weren't even alive when british Betsy was a thing, user

I know, it sucks desu.

I was and I hated when they turned her into the designated T&A ninja

It'd be hard not to, she had such a great design.

That's something I'd never expected to see.
Cool

She already showed up on issue 3 of Duggan's All-New Guardians (drawn by Frazier fucking Irving, no less) which kinda set up how she might come back. And yeah, even though he had specifically name-dropped her in an interview before the run started, it was still some surprise to see her so soon.

Fox gonna make her a main character in the new mutants movie. So expect her comic self to share the fate of Jean Grey, Cyclops and Youngverine in 3, 2, 1.

She was top QT as well.

None of the characters mentioned in this thread are strong enough to support a solo, and Psylocke is the absolute worst. She has NO character depth, NO good background, NO enemies and even Remender couldn't make her interesting. ABLOO BLOO BLOO I DON'T WANT TO KILL BUT I'M ADDICTED TO KILLING isn't compelling characterization, it just makes her a spineless hypocrite.

The only reason Psylocke exists is as spank fodder and now that they are drawing her covered up and with small tits and ass she doesn't even have that. She's just some purple-haired woman with a sword and a shit personality.

Marvel neither has nor needs a Wonder Woman

C'mon. They Hank Pymed her. She'll always have that one time she fucked up over her head forever. She's unsalvagable.

She has enemies.
Mojo
Lady Deathstrike
Hellfire Club / Sebastian Shawn
Sabertooth
Crimson Dawn powered villians, like Juggernaut.
Excalibur/Captain Britain enemies
Apocalypse
Evil Archangel

And you forgot she is the ninja token of the group.

But overall you are right, she is got some character evolution, but most dont go further than
>Muh british Ninja with killing moods

It's kind of weird they haven't tried to give her a series yet. It would be super easy to write.

>giving a solo to a villain

Agreed. They need to stop trying to turn Marvel into DC with this whole legacies bullshit and the Cap/Ironman/Thor trinity bullshit they tried years ago.

Wonder Woman's book has been a terrible seller most of the time and gets kept afloat by "tradition".

Yo that art is dope

let's settle this once and for all, Sup Forums

BRITISH OR ASIAN?

I agree that Marvel needs a non-X female character, but what they have done with Carol is just garbage. And desu Carol was never really all that from the get go. This is the one time I'm hoping a capeshit flick ignores comic continuity and just does their own thing.

Fucking this. Rogue has always been a more interesting character, barring some weak runs here and there. Even at a conceptual level Rogue is more interesting. Marvel really fucked up by not keeping her as an Avengers villain.

They did.
And for a female mini its was very successfull.

Nothing to settle, everyone knows who's better.

Chthon cannot be zapped away. No matter how powerful Wanda is, Chthon will always be a big problem for Wanda.

How do you fight an enemy that literally powers you and is a part of you?

Robinson's book could and should have explored that, because it's a rich, complex seam, but instead we get Spencer using Wanda as a plot device and turning Chthon into Cuckthon.

> Powers are connected to emotions
> Those powers, connected to her emotions, are connected to a sadistic, cunning Elder God with a genius intellect.

It fucking almost writes itself, yet Marvel consistently takes the most boring and reductive approach to Wanda.

Agreed, Asian was always best.

Let's talk about who really needs a push Sup Forums. It's Songbird. She's a reformed villain with ties to the masters of evil, avengers, and thunderbolts. She'd have one hell of a solo series if they gave it to her. She did really well under Ewing for new avengers as well.

imma do you one better op, She can replace both Riri and Carol. Just change her hero name from Rescue to Iron Maiden and we are set. Pepper deserves a solo more than those two.

Considering she's a villain that the majority of /co hate now, I doubt she would be that successful. Maybe if they rebooted Blackcat to her roots she might take off.

You seem confused as to where babies come from, user.

Carol has far more and much better material.

I realy like to like her but then I remember what his did.

Does it really matter at this point, they could easily retcon it where she's biologically both.

What comics should i buy featuring her and not the new ones.

This gif is for real? How did Capcom get away with it? The xmen cartoon was for kids