Marvel Debuts First Teaser Cover Images For Marvel Legacy

>Yesterday, Marvel Comics promised an announcement that would change the face of comics. Today, ComicBook.com has your exclusive first look at what that looks like. Marvel has debuted 6 teaser images with only the text” “MAKE MINE MARVEL with MARVEL LEGACY – Fall 2017.” The images when placed side by side clearlyharken all the way back to Marvel’s beginnings.

>>The teasers feature the following artists:
>X-Men: Blue - David Lopez

Sauce: comicbook.com/marvel/2017/06/23/exclusive-marvel-debuts-first-teaser-cover-images-for-marvel-leg/

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/35065-marvel-reveals-legacy-titles-with-a-twist.htm
comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/check-out-these-animated-marvel-legacy-homage-cove/1100-156470/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Incredible Hulk - Mike Deodato

>Astonishing X-Men: John Cassaday

>Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows - Khary Randolph

>America - Benjamin Caldwell

The original cover is so much better then that homage one

>Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur - Felipe Smith
Rich the Leech is right, again.

These are actually (mostly?) variants.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Only the Hulk one interests me.

I feel the art difference in all of these just demonstrate 100% just how far Marvel has fallen. Like holy shit, I have no desire to read any of these. Not even out of morbid curiousity.

As far as the covers go, these are all awful.

Um... that Spiderling.... sexy.

So... this is the big announcement that will change the face of the comic industry? Fucking homage covers?

Is that it? Is this Marvel putting its best foot forward?

Has no real legacy, hijackes a spiderman cover that is completly unrelated to America Chavez.
Dont know if ishould be angry or give facepalm.

Has legacy cover but gets f4 cover instead. Cant give that hard, big facepalm s i should.

So Marvel tries to rise their sales on these two series? Or are they trying to charge them with "they are great characters"?

At least Moongirl celebrates Kirby-F4 anniversy, i guess.

So wait... that's what they teased yesterday? I was expecting some books to be announced, maybe some outlines and whatnot... This is pathetic. Even by their standards...

No....
Legacy Covers.
And you will get at least 2 Covers that are remembered and easy identifyable.

Guess they mean the whole legacy thing, not only the covers.

I have that Longshot issue. I'm not at all nostalgic about it.

Those fuckers do these homage covers every month

How the fuck are homage covers going to change Marvel forever?

NOTHING WILL BE THE SAME EVER SGAIN

>Hey look! Our current garbage is redrawn like our classic stuff! It's just like old times, right guys? This is what you wanted!
AHAHAHA Marvel can't be this out of touch.

>Totally Awesome Hulk is being rebranded as The Incredible Hulk, with a "Return to Planet Hulk" for Amadeus Cho.
>It's interesting to note that this name change would seemingly overlap with the Jennifer Walters-led Hulk title, with Marvel Editor-In-Chief calling the former She-Hulk Marvel's primary "Hulk." It is unknown what Totally Awesome Hulk's title change to The Incredible Hulk means for that.
Sauce: newsarama.com/35065-marvel-reveals-legacy-titles-with-a-twist.htm

This might be the worst one.

The only thing Marvel does with this shit is prove how much worse artists are now.

Why can't they just stop working mostly digital? Just draw a fucking picture and use a fucking scanner. AND ENOUGH OF THE FUCKING "LIGHTING EFFECTS"! SHADE AND COLOR LIKE AN ARTIST! NO MORE FAKE LENSE FLARE FILTERS!

Yeah! Moon Girl instead of the Richards! That'll show Universal and will just hand over the film rights!

I don't think perspective in relation to body language work like that Deodato.

It's definitely the least accurate, but the art is competent. Can't say that for pretty much every other new cover in this thread

>Universal
It's Fox

Jesus even the ones with the exact same artist are shittier than the original

>America stealing a cover from Spider-Man

That sums up Marvel's legacy replacements.

>this is your Fantastic Four now
Marlel sure has learned their lesson.

That new cover is awful, it look too plastic.

Can i just kiss someone?

I wonder how long it will take until Marvel crumbles completely. I've never seen a company so creatively destitute before.

Have that Astonishing xmen cover. That is kinda rememberable because #1 of a sleeper hit series.

And i counted because it was symbiote spiderman debut issue in regular series.

Dont know if Hulk is a stand in cover for world war hulk.

The other covers might have important plots, but they dont are iconic for that story.

Just in time for Ragnarok! Even when ripping off Rebirth they can't stop with the fucking synergy.

WHY DO THEY HATE CYCLOPS

I remember yesterday when someone jokingly said that Marvel could re-start the Fantastic Four with Ben, Johnny, Moon Girl and America and everyone was mad as hell.
Now we have this cover.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i was expecting something very non-"industry-changer" but this is... i don't even know a word that can rightfully describe the proportion of this failure

You can pay someone to do more than just that user.

YEEEEEEAH! MAHVEL'S BACK BAY-BEEE!

I know right, the faces look horrible

This.

Cassaday has gone down hill in recent years. It's sad.

Textless version of right cover

This isn't even bad. This is just plain feeble.

Best one. That X-Men cover is fucking horrible.

Okay, I know Marvel are retarded.

But really? This is it?
God damn I hope this opens up fan boys eyes

>Yesterday, Marvel Comics promised an announcement that would change the face of comics. Today, ComicBook.com has your exclusive first look at what that looks like. Marvel has debuted 6 teaser images with only the text” “MAKE MINE MARVEL with MARVEL LEGACY – Fall 2017.” The images when placed side by side clearlyharken all the way back to Marvel’s beginnings.
I refuse to believe this was the announcement.

>But really? This is it?
More announcements are coming throughout today according to Marvel.

how old is spiderling supposed to be here?

I haven't been reading this book when I should have been, but I wanted to ask if Annie is still 8. Because she doesn't look 8 anymore.

Old enough for kisses.

Even if this is it, which it is not, it got everyone talking. Want to show your disdain, stop talking about, tweeting about it, giving them social media time (free publicity) in any shape or form. I would say do not buy shit, but this is Sup Forums and no one pays for shit or simply doesn't read it and whines like bitches to begin with.

Subjective and wrong. Hulk cover is amazing. Mike Deodato is an amazing artist, as shown with this cover. Hobbyist who are butt hurt over other artists making money or just shit posting to be edgy is hilarious.

FF fags get what they deserve

If it's not Captain Marvel marrying Spider-Woman I'm not interested.

I am crying with laughter. Please tell me that's it.

Homosexuality is a sin.

Great! More covers for the other books! /s

Are Spiderling and Spinneret in Earth-616 now?

>You're wrong
>I'm right!

kys

>Mike Deodato is an amazing artist
If you're being genuine, Sup Forums has hit a new low.

>marvelfags will defend this
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this

we're getting a Miles/Annie crossover romance story, aren't we?

It's truly amazing.

>Rebirth worked because people like nostalgia.

You stupid mother fuckers. Surely the good writing, promising new directions, $2.99 pice point for most books and returnability for the first few months didn't play larger parts. No, if we see Captain America and Thor in their old costumes with big numbers in issue count then we'll love it! Keeping all the same awful writers and artists writing and drawing the same awful stories will certainly have no negative effect!

This all sounds pretty terrible. Can they at least have renew your vows double ship?

Even with countless homages and Kirby's original Amazing Fantasy #15 to reference, the new one still manages to look fucked up.

But that's already an homage cover! This is an homage to an homage! Fuck!

This. The original cover from the early 90's is better than the tribute. Who let that happen?!

This is probably meant to be an appetizer. They're going to announce other stuff throughout the day, with the final reveal being whatever they hyped up yesterday.

...Right?

They should have taken a loss on this once it became apparent that not a single artist was able to produce a cover even on par with the original.

Does these covers makes anyone else sad? I reminds me a time when marvel weren't utter shit

Whatever it is, you will be disappointed.
This I vow

Yes, and no.

wrong X-Men book

This better not become the Fantastic 3.
Better not Marvel.
Better not.

Wasn't it already confirmed by Rich the Bitch?

Doesn't matter, you can't top renew your vows and you can't go lower than synergy shit and trash like America and moon girl

>"announcement will revolutionize the comics industry forever" they said
>it's only a series of variant covers

Hawkeye dying was supposed to break the internet in half.

>Left cover conveys what the Hulk feels for being trapped and alone in a hostile environment
>Right cover is all flash no substance. Stupid haircut, silly Warcraft sword to fool the viewer into thinking it's cool by default, FIRE how else can we convey an imagery of war?

Claremont knew how to write Longshot.
/thread

She's very clearly supposed to be aged up. It's probably the best of these dumb variants because Randolph's a great artist. I'd say I hope he gets another shot now that Mosaic's done/failed but IIRC he does a lot of advertising/cartoon work so he probably doesn't need it.

>t. Mike D or his best friend

>implying samefagging

Only confirmation is that the story-line started in Moon Girl. And that it would have new team members, who weren't part of the original team.

He died again?

>Reactions to Marvel Legacy.jpg

>Implying implications

thanks for the info

Sauce: comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/check-out-these-animated-marvel-legacy-homage-cove/1100-156470/

>Invincible Iron Man by Michael Davis

So she didn't get aged up in the book itself yet?

Guess Legacy is bringing a time skip for that book then.

>Luke Cage by Dave Johnson

this cover in particular shows how little current artists and editorial know about graphic design.

Look how much better the dressing and branding is on the old cover, especially here. It was so much better, writing and art, in comics when the dudes making them hadn't grown up ONLY reading comics.