There are people who genuinely believe we're in a new animation golden age

>There are people who genuinely believe we're in a new animation golden age.

>Point of film is that the main emoji is an outcast because he changes expressions.
>Several times throughout the trailer, the other characters are constantly doing just that.

The "new golden age" of the 2010's would've been great had American Cable television not stagnated halfway through the decade. This movie is proof that the renaissance age is officially over.

You know, the more I see of this movie, the more I think it looks decent. Is it just me?

shotashit is cute
SHOTASHIT IS CUUTE!!

it looks okay, not worse than the usual shit from Illumination

The characters are just oddly original. They feel down to earth and non-screamy. It's relaxed and the tone and design is unique. I'd put what I've seen a notch about Despicable Me 3 for sure.

I'm only going to watch it for the mom

Will this movie's release date be the official end of the renaissance age? TTGO as the beginning seems a bit too early considering we got a few other good things right after it.

The optimistic side of me says that we should wait and see, but I can't name one series premiere I'm looking forward to.

>Teen Titans Go.
>Renaissance or even good for that matter.

OK KO seems pretty good. There's also uhhhhhhh
i got nothing

>expecting good writing from a shameless cash-in on memes and internet culture

they're pretty cute and made out of simple shapes
also the eyes aren't obnoxiousy detailed like in many other CGI movies

TTGO as the end, I meant. As in, its premier would be the day the renaissance officially ended, so it and everything after would be shit. I think that's a bit too early since a couple good things did premiere after it.

>Sup Forums has such an Oedipus complex that they want to fuck a yellow ball just because it's a "mom"

Fortunately, not all the good series that have already premiered are cancelled so even if the emoji movie is totally garbage, the renaissance might stick around for a couple years until all the current good and mediocre shows run their course.

TLH, Star, Milo Murphy's Law... They're not golden age tier, but they're far enough from ghetto that I think we're safe as long as two of them are still airing. Steven Universe has been downhill for a while, but it's still not awful. And come to think of it, there's a few good things on Netflix too. Buddy Thunderstruck is pretty great and F is for Family and Bojack are both far from terrible. Maybe it's just the death of TV cartoons?

There are people on this earth who want to fuck ms. Pac man, why are you surprised?

the more I see about it, the more my anger gives way to good old general disinterest.

there's just nothing about this that I would salvage. character design is a mixed bag due to the usage of several preexisting ones and new additions that strike as bland and poorly imaginative, even for the constraints their narrative dictates (ie Mom and Dad are fucking yellow balls).

they really shot themselves in the foot with that awful first trailer and they awful ironic line delivery they went for. when your audience's expectations are already set at this fucking low, there's absolutely nothing to gather from coyly putting away from actually ADVERTISING the goddamn thing. there's no subtlety, no wit, no substance underneath such an antic, just a line put out for people to 'watch our film if you want I guess WHOOP DE DOOP'.

but you know what's it going to be like in the end? people memeing themselves en masse into screenings of the thing by mere word of mouth, waiting to see if the alleged 'worst film of the decade' really is as bad as they make it out to be. they will notice it's just... offensively bland at best, and how the *ONE* joke that just so happened to make them smirk is the best thing ever. the movie wasn't really that bad, it wasn't as bad it could've been yadda, yadda.

they're hinging on folk to badmouth the fuck out of this, then make those exact same people pay up-front to see their shitshow.

The sad thing is that this applies to most current cartoons and comics. Including those passionately hated by Sup Forums

theres really no reason to hate on a movie youll never go see

I don't think he was lamenting the possibility of watching it himself so much as the thought of unsuspecting people willing to do so out of curiosity and working Sony the money they should never have gotten away with.

looks like shit.

lol monkey

holy fuck that thing bottom far right

also that emo girl sticks out so much

that is the most disjointed, senseless character lineup I've ever seen.

there's like three comic reliefs, two characters that have fuckall to do with the rest thematically and have never been introduced, wacky funny epin girl (probably has a DARK EDGY SIDE to her if you 'hurt her friends' as well), and token love interest.

what a piece of shit.

i know, how can people even think think this was a good idea?