ITT: things said by casuals that trigger you

>"i'm a huge fan of star wars!"
>never read anything of the Expanded Universe
Every time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FVzc20Bm8Xo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who the fuck only saw the movies and actually Likes star wars?

>"OMG, I love Iron Man"
>"I love all the quips he makes and how jolly he is"
>"I especially ove how he loves Pepper and how much he trusts his friends"
>hasn't read anything from from the 60s until 2008

more people than you think.

I'm a huge EU nerd but that's kind of dumb user. First and foremost its a movie series.

>from 9 movies until now we had 4 shit 3 meh okay and 2 good movies.
>people actually like the whole franchise

Wheres the happy medium between a normie who dont know shit and autists like the ones in this thread?

Its reddit isnt it? I dont know shit about their culture other then the bullshit spewed here but I hated their general layout and I dont wanna sign up for anything.

Maybe i'll go do something with my life

This user is right. Star wars is mostly movies. Also the comic series is mostly huge fanservice not good story on it's own.

that a stupid reason to hate someone user your stupid as well
should have also mention no one playing the video games as well

>"Thor isn't a title!"
Followed by
>"Well that's dumb so I'll ignore it!"

>judging people for avoiding that awful fan-fiction

The one who should be ashamed is you.

>caring about the fanfiction tier clusterfuck that is the EU

>liking paid fanfiction

you know you could get the same kind of quality for free if you went to fanfiction.net

>reading Star Wars EU
If I wanted fan fiction tier Schlock, I'ld go read 40k BL novels. At least their Schlock is more fun on average
>inb4 ADB
He doesn't count.

star wars is one of the most casual/normie franchise since the original trilogy. i'm sorry you thought reading shitty fanfiction that not even disney wants to touch made you think you were better than everyone. but what can i expect most SWfags have battered wife syndrome.

>when comics try to be edgy with excessive gore and censored swearing it just looks very juvenile

>The EU
You're worse than casuals

>All 8 Fast and Furious films are shit
>still one of the highest grossing franchises

Most people have shit taste, gee who knew

>shitty fanfiction that not even disney wants to touch

Yeah, Disney's shitty fanfiction is so much better. Dumb mousedrone.

>like 40krap and rasslin
>make fun of anyone else
Oh the irony.

>"Superman is such a boring hero, he has all the powers ever"
>"Batman is a realistic and mature hero"
I've heard these two phrases word by word. There's literally no faster way to spot retards

the censored swearing when you have a bunch of other shit that would give you an 18+ rating always bothers me

showing a guy getting disemboweled or vivisected is ok but swearing like a sailor isn't?

you ARE a casual.

>wanting people to get into all that convoluted bullshit just to enjoy three movies
>"remember that robot who appeared for two seconds when Darth Vadar was talking to bounty hunters. He totally has a back story!"
>"Boba Fett didn't die he flew out of the Sarlacc pit"
>"Han and Leia had kids and they did the exact same thing as the movies"

Yeah the EU is totally worth it

why do people get mad when other people like there stuff?

I did
I even mildly enjoyed Episode I

Things elites nerds say that really trigger you.

>this

>SWfag gets butthurt that everyone but him knows the EU is shit
>SWfag gets booty blasted that 40kids & /wooo/ called him out
>SWfag gets patoot puckered that he doesn't realize that whatever shit disney craps out is just a speck in the sea of shit that is the star wars EU

like i said battered wives

you could tell the star wars fags that boba fetts a mandalorian.

that rustles the shit out of there jimmies for some reason.

Don't really give a fuck about Star Wars but these rustle me:
>"Aquaman sucks! All he does is talk to fish and ride a gay ass seahorse"
>Pronouncing "Raz" instead of "Raysh" al Ghul
>Talking about characters they claim to be fans of when all they know is shit from terrible live action tv shows

>user meets any opposition to his shit opinions
>Proceeds to embarass himself

Go back to reading your shitty comics while the rest of us enjoy the actually good films.

OP, I want you to know that I'm on your side. But Sup Forums is the last place you should've came for this.

Well, to me it's not even about "read" (since a lot of books were crap) so much as try to learn ANYTHING about the universe you're a "HUGE FAN" of. Be able to discuss anything about the movie universe other than "X was a villain, Y said something funny".

Anyway, it's just "i'm so nerdy, amirite?" normiespeak that you should not bother with.

You don't need to read any EU to be a Star Wars fan because, unlike all the capeshit, Star Wars started as and always will be a movie franchise so the movies are the most important thing of the franchise and all you need to see. The rest is just merchandising.

It's not reddit, they're just autists that pretend to be normal. Whether that's better or worse than the bunch of fags that embrace their autism is up to you to decide.

>You're not a real Star Wars fan unless you eat up all the garbage side content and pretend all the movies are good. Unless they're made by Disney, then it's okay to hate them.

>Pronouncing "Raz" instead of "Raysh" al Ghul

not trying to argue with you on this but isn't "raz" the correct arabic pronunciation though?

>Talking about characters they claim to be fans of when all they know is shit from terrible live action tv shows

being fair (in the case of DC) aside from flash, arrow & supergirl how many of the characters have ongoing currently? it's the same case with DC's cartoons as well. they introduce alot of characters that end up being fan favorites but almost none of them ever get used in the comics.

sure you can read the old stuff but that'll eventually dry up and you'll be back at square one.

>t. casual faggot that's never actually read EU content and maybe just skimmed some wiki articles or summary videos

Rundown of great stuff in the EU:
1 - A.C. Crispin's Han Solo Trilogy. Outlines his entire life up to New Hope. From orphaned street urchin pickpocket to pirate to enlisting in the imperial fleet to smuggler. The upcoming movie will be a pale imitation of this.

2 - Existing concepts spiced up with Star Wars
Crimson Empire - space ronin
Scoundrels - Ocean's Eleven with Han, Lando and Chewie
Death Troopers - Zombies on a Star Destroyer
Thrawn trilogy - Evil Sherlock Holmes, with interesting space battles for once

3 - Mandalorians. Neither films nor TV have done them justice. Both the Legacy of the Force and Republic Commando novels define them. They're sort of all old space cowboys.

4 - Boba Fett
Crawling out of the Sarlacc isn't all there is to him. He becomes leader of the Mandalorians, who, being both a clone and having never been around Mandos save for Jango, he struggles to learn about. He deals with aging and goes hunting for Kaminoans to fix him. He has a family. Boba Fett: Blood Ties is a good intro to a more human Fett.

5 - Jacen
Jacen Solo's fall is interesting. It parallels Anakin's a lot, but it's interesting how it's done. He doesn't storm the Jedi Temple and execute Order 66, he stages a quiet military coup, having formed his own SS, and hires mandalorians to fuck up the jedi for him.

6 - Humanising vader
Stuff like Darth Vader and the Lost Command bridges the gap between Anakin and Vader. Shows more of the twisted man behind the mask and him just fucking murdering people.

7 - Luke's journey. Luke's essentially winging it when he tries to re-establish the Jedi. Most useful materials are Sith propaganda or destroyed. He forms a new, less preachy order based on what he thinks the Jedi should be, recruits people one by one, and earns his title of Grand Master. He also eventually marries a hot former darksider.

Don't forget that the movies also give people a warped perception of some characters if you don't have some comic knowledge.

I do agree that it's worth giving these TV shows and movies a chance for lesser used characters though. I'm not a fan but at least they increase popularity which can increase the use of these characters in the comics.

Uhh, the EU is supplementary material that largely does not matter in any way whatsoever, even to the people who make it. Which is why it is always 100% disregarded when any movie is made, or tv episode for that matter.

Plus the Star Wars EU has the reputation of being one of the cringiest piles of shit of all the tie-in book series any film has ever spawned.

People should be proud to avoid it when possible.

Keep me posted and if you like it I'll go actually do something with my life too instead of sitting here with a bunch of raging autists

So you're worse than him?

Who cares, none of that shit's canon anyway.

I know all of this, I just don't care. It adds nothing to my overall enjoyment of Star Wars and there's more bad in the EU than good. It does nothing but show how there aren't many new ideas or much you can add to the Star Wars universe. The OT gives you everything you really need to know everything in the EU is just fan fiction tier garbage

Does it count if I haven't read any EU books since middle school?

>thrawn

special snowflakes like him are the reason why the EU is shit

>you're not a real fan unless you read fanfiction

Plus everyone who reads the EU hates Star Wars.

It's not so much this, it is just the general attitude that if you like the films but do not care to get into a (retconned away) three book series from the mid 80's about Boba's personal life before he was a shady guy cradling a gun in cloud city then you have no right to call yourself a fan of anything.

Most people never ever care to get into the deep lore of a side character like that. They just like the overall story and then move on. I don't see what is wrong with that in the long run.

This "If you are not as into all the extra stuff and read all the side material as me then take off that shirt right now!" just makes people turn off to the whole thing and the franchise loses out for it.

t. Paid Disney shills who've never read an EU book.

Congrats you found some corn in an ocean of complete shit, and even then most of your examples are garbage anyway.

>Luke's journey

Oh hey you forgot to mention when he turned evil to serve a clone of Palpatine.

Or when he was cloned to make Luuke.

Or when he took his retard son to go fight an evil goddess of the Force.

The EU is glorified middle school book fair schlock and you're a retard for making this thread

No idea about the Arabic language, however in the shows (and the Arkham games) it's always been Raysh. Then Batman Begins happened and it became Raz. Then Arrow averted it in a funny way, where members of the league would say Raysh, while normal people said Raz, implying that Raysh is the correct pronuncitaion.

8- More complex than good vs evil
The mop-up job after ROTJ has a whole bunch of power-hungry warlords to mop up. Some make peace. Some fight to the death. Some try to unite the factions. Some become pirates. It's fucking cool. When it all comes to an end, there are questions if the New Republic is any better than the Empire. Admiral Daala, a fucking crazy imperial who gassed a bunch of warlords in a meeting to seize their fleets, is made Chief of State of the Republic's successor at one point. Also Jaina Solo eventually merges the Alliance and Empire by marrying their head of state.

9 - Prehistoric

Stuff like Tales of the Jedi may be looked down on, but it's a breath of fresh air that Disney would never attempt. It's so far in the past that Jedi are truly knights, and the Sith are sorcerers. The highly popular KOTOR games, and by extension TOR, were heavily based on Tales of the Jedi. I like Redemption the best.

10 - Turn up the edgy
More adult themes. Two of the bigger comic characters are Ulic Qel-Droma and Cade Skywalker. Both are anti-hero gunslinger jedi who dabble with the dark side. People get fucking murdered. People use drugs, and there are entire stories based around things like Glitterstim.

11 - X-wing Series
commonly described as Top Gun for Star Wars. Fun stuff.

Thrawn was rescued by Disney, you faggot. Try harder.

That's a fancy way of saying "they busted out his corpse and raped it in their shitty cartoon"

>mfw I don't care for the EU or Disney's new EU

>this thread is virtually just OP getting butthurt that nobody likes his fanfiction that mass replies everyone who doesn't agree with him a shill

how embarrassing

B-but I'm not the OP though.
OP come in here so he can (You) both of us.

whenever i say i'm a fan of star wars i actually follow it with "Fuck the EU"

KOTOR's amazing tho

I REGRET reading some EU comics. Even as a kid I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. however the novels and video games like force unleashed. I recommend reading star wars novels instead, even those choose your own adventures clone wars books I had.

I understand you're trying to feel condescending to the normies, but at least recommend the good shit. If they read parts of it they'll notice TFA ripped off a few parts of it. (the yuuzhang vong was an interesting concept tho)

Clone of Palpatine was Dark Empire, which in itself isn't terrible. The rest, I won't defend.

Thrawn is overrated and only common knowledge because the trilogy was shilled as the defninitive EU novels before Force Awakens, and was shilled even more because of the Rebels Thrawn appearance. Regardless, it was different, and the space battles were interesting. Using mining drills to board capital ships. Jam packing TIEs into small cargo ships for surprise attacks. Faking a superweapon that can penetrate planetary shields by having stealth ships inside the shield coordinate with the capital ships.

KOTOR II is about a million times better than the prequels, originals, and certainly the disgusting schlock that is Disney Wars.

Prove me wrong.
Pro tip: You can't

Yeah, I mean how can you call yourself a real fan until you've read of the exploits of great characters such as Luuke and Luuuke?

I've heard an arabic speaker/translator say it's Raz and Denny O'Neil says it's Raysh

so it doesn't fucking matter

>ITT: no one that any casual has ever said

Whenever someone mentions "Luuke" I know they actually know nothing about the EU besides the Luuke meme.
If you're gonna write the whole EU off based on one of a million different concepts at least pretend to do your research and say "Crystal Star" instead

>Then Arrow averted it in a funny way, where members of the league would say Raysh, while normal people said Raz, implying that Raysh is the correct pronuncitaion.

so like how the the menbers of caesar's legion calls caesar "kaisar" in new vegas

Star Wars has a pretty good legacy of games as well. Obviously they're not all gems, but the gems they have shine pretty bright. In fact, video and tabletop games are pretty much the only real emotional investment I have left in the franchise.

What if people just don't give a shit about ANY Eu at all?

Luuuke was part of an April Fools parody work the author of the Thrawn trilogy wrote poking fun at himself.

Well then....
they have good taste. But you also have to just not like Star Wars in general.

Comics are the best for anything pre-original trilogy. Novels are best for post-original trilogy. Dark Horse only, no marvel shit.

Yes.
Jedi Knight series
KOTORs
Republic Commando
Force Unleashed
Empire at War
X-Wing/TIE Fighter
Battlefront (pre-EA)

Really excellent games, to the point that people loved them on their own merits, not even for the Star Wars bits.

they're normal person with good taste

even without putting star wars into the equation whenever a work of fiction gets a EU it's better to just ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist

most of the people who write them are professional fanfic writers that couldn't cut it with their original works

The Expanded Universe is entirely derivative schlock and I'm glad it's gone.

If only they did the same with the prequels and Clone Wars.

If your criteria for good content is whether the authors make good original works, look no further than Kevin J Anderson's Jedi Academy trilogy. His original Saga of Seven Suns novels are pretty great scifi.

t. Guy who unironically likes The Force Awakens

Truly those people are worse than Hitler

t. Guy who thinks that people who like the EU are worse than Hitler
Mmmmm I wonder who could be behind this post

the eternal mouse.

>>never read anything of the Expanded Universe

I used to play a lot if SW video games. that counts eh?

Did you like them, user?

To be fair, Kylo did a pretty good job following Jacen.
Though I still think he's hilariously awful, especially the unmasking.

It's America. You can't swear on tv but you can walk with a gun in the street.

it's not my only criteria but it helps

my larger problems with EUs (not just star wars) is that alot of the people who write them try way too hard to leave their mark rather than write something that's interesting. so we end up with a bunch of shitty OCs and just straight up continuity errors

as much as i hate star wars EU i will admit that there were some good parts but their completely lost in the mountains of burning garbage in the dumpster fire that is the star wars EU

I'm with you on this one OP. Everyone was shitting themselves when the mouse came to dance it's new Star Wars puppets around talking about how much they love star wars and how glad they are it's back. I don't even fucking like Star Wars and I know it hasn't gone anywhere to be back from for at least thirty years. I guess that's what I get for not following the hollistic school of fandom where you consume as little of the material as possible so it has a stronger effect.

>AM I ZE ONLY WAN WHO PREFERZ DEECEE TO MUR-VELL???? I MEAN MUR-VELL IZ FOR KIDZ AND DEECEE IS MATUR AND GRITTEY
>haven't read a single DC comic
>have only seen The Dark Knight (not even the entire trilogy) and maybe played some Arkham series games
>haven't ever seen or read or played anything DC related that's not Batman

>series
>singular

Don't make the OP's case for him or anything.

A most of the EU I've experienced is middling to good. Seldom flat-out awful. New Jedi Order novels aren't that great, and the occasional continuity error never bothered me, seeing as Leland Chee retconned that shit until it made perfect sense. I will admit I'm biased, having grown up with the 90s EU books. Not really into many other EUs either, though Dark Horse did some ok stuff with the Aliens franchise. The early Halo novels were good, if a tad dry.

>Everyone was shitting themselves when the mouse came to dance it's new Star Wars puppets around talking about how much they love star wars and how glad they are it's back.

that's because prior to disney the only good star wars movies were the ones lucas had little to no involvement in and the quality of the correlates to how much control he has. hell, he made a bet with spielberg that ET was gonna wreck star wars because they weren't following his vision.

Wow, your subjective opinon sure is an argument here!

The prequels may not've been good movies, but they sure looked and sounded great. Without the boring live action talking scenes, they're any boy's wet dream.

>>Pronouncing "Raz" instead of "Raysh" al Ghul
I'm going to make you extra mad now: in literally every single Russian adaptation he's pronounced "Raz" and now everybody in Russia pronounces him "Raz".

Ra'spberry Al Ghul.

I work in a popular video store. We also sell all kinds of pop culture crap. A woman came up to me with a Green Lantern Logo shirt and asked "is this from The Big Bang Theory?". I wanted to kill everyone in that goddamn store.

gears of war's EU is straight up edge and you have to read it in order for the story of the games to make sense

>The early Halo novels were good, if a tad dry.
most if not all of the early novels got retconned by bungie

the biggest mistake of halo's EU was that 343 decided to incorporate it into the games since alot of halo's EU conflict's with bungie and causes the plot in the original games to not make any sense. that said some of the animated shorts they did for waypoint were pretty interesting but as far as i know are unfortunately lost when they shut down the app

halo legends is pretty hit & miss but the CGI short with master chief & the OCs he's partnered with in halo 5 is hands down the best short of the whole thing

Why would you make this kind of thread in casual central, you mong?

Just to show how hardcore I am, I can tell you that image is Boba Fett about to kill Jodo Kast in Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction. Cosplayers often get the colouring around the T-visor wrong, and I call them Jodo Kast. They don't get it.

>the biggest mistake of halo's EU was that 343 decided to incorporate it into the games

I fuckin' love how Halo 4 plays out like an ordinary Master Chief game and you can follow it just fine if you've played the first 3...and then all of a sudden right at the opening scene of Halo 5 it throws shit at you from the books with ZERO explanation where the fuck it all came from.

"The Last Spartan? Fuck that, he's running with a team of his old buddies that used to be dead, and he hooked up with them offscreen before the game started and no we won't tell you where the fuck they came from!"

Damn shame Halo Reach ruined continuity. Agree with what you said. Waypoint shorts are all mirrored unofficially on YouTube. The good one with the OCs in Halo 5 was the Fall of Reach adaptation. I liked it.

The Package and the one with ODSTs in Legends were also decent.

You are both beyond retarded.

The EU is what maintained buzz and kept the fan interest in the dry periods leading up to Phantom Menace and post Revenge of the Sith. If you only like the movies, you are not as much as a fan, frankly.

youtu.be/FVzc20Bm8Xo
Yeah! They don't even know about the time three robots fucked up Darth Vader's suit and made him shiny so no one would notice!