MvCI Thread: X-Fans BTFO Edition

No X-Men confirmed. How could they ever recover?

>There was recently a leak about the characters, and people picked up on the fact that a lot of classic characters aren't there, specifically the X-Men characters like Magneto and Sentinel. How do you guys feel about people being hung up on that?

>Peter Rosas: If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things. Magneto, case and point, is a favorite because he has eight-way dash and he's really fast, right? So our more technical players, all they want to do is triangle jump and that kind of stuff. Well guess what, Nova can do the same thing, Captain Marvel can do the same thing. Ultron can do the same thing. Go ahead and try them out.

>Michael Evans: The X-Men stuff, [I] can't talk to. But I do want to talk about the character-selection process because I think it's important.... Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther. You know what I mean? Captain Marvel may seem like a strange pick, but she's fantastic. She fits the gameplay. She fits the story, and they're gonna be really pushing her as a strong female lead all the way up into the movie. We're trying to take everything into account and choose the best characters.

gamespot.com/articles/ma.../1100-6451133/

>No X-Shits
>We get Murderfu instead
Best timeline?

The absolute state of both Capcom and Marvel today.

I fucking hate Ike
Shut up, Ike

Meh I'm more excited about the Dragon Ball 3vs3 fighter by the Guilty Gear devs

That's a whole lot of bullshit. People want X-men characters because they like the X-men and they're a huge part of Marvel whether Marvel wants to admit it or not.

Meanwhile Future Trunks just got announced for Fighter Z. Between him and the inevitable Piccolo I've got my team picked out so I'm gonna play that instead.

What's their excuse for not featuring Spiderman?

I wonder who they think is gonna buy this game. Regardless of how accessible they try to make it I don't see many Marvel fans getting into a fighting game like this just because Black Panther or Captain Marvel or Iron Man is in it, especially considering how cheap and shitty it looks visually right now.

>Future Trunks
>Piccolo
>Gohan
Best team.

The same people they thought would buy Dead Rising 4. Crapcom is fucked.

WHY IS CHRIS REDFIELD SO UGLY???

This is some really shitty corporate speak to cover up how terrible Marvel is treating the X-men and FF franchises right now due to the rights issues.

It's blatantly obvious that this game is just one giant MCU advertisement.

Capcom is barely interested. The low graphical quality and reused character models speak volumes.

>Marvel being shit against Mutants again
This is why you don't deserve the movie rights back.

>Your modern marvel fan doesn't know who Wolverine and Magneto are. But they know Carol Danvers and Dick Rider.
Nigga are you for real?

Hey Sup Forums let's make our own X-Men dream roster. Only mutants and mutants related are allowed.

More like Future Trunks, Piccolo, Vegeta.

Fucking This.

Marvel Studios (Feige) is willing to behave and team up, it's Fox and Marvel Entertainment (Perlmutter) who are playing a dick-measuring contest out of spite and hate which is ruining the quality of the name, as seen with the failure of the Inhumans "Not X-Men, Honestly" Retooling.

>If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things. Magneto, case and point, is a favorite because he has eight-way dash and he's really fast, right? So our more technical players, all they want to do is triangle jump and that kind of stuff. Well guess what, Nova can do the same thing, Captain Marvel can do the same thing. Ultron can do the same thing. Go ahead and try them out.
Fuck off Combofiend.

>The low graphical quality and reused character models speak volumes.

BTW

>One of the other things that I'd like you to speak to is some of the designs of the characters. What kind of stage and what level of finality are they at? The obvious one is Chun-Li, who looks really weird. Her face looks--I was like maybe she's a Skrull or something. The other one is Captain America, who is being compared to the Rob Liefeld drawing where he looks weirdly proportioned. The other thing that I noticed was visuals don't pop in the way that Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 did. Even today you see that it looks like it gleams, it shines, it looks so vibrant. Is there room for you to kind of revise the stuff and really look forward?

>Michael Evans: It's interesting to see the feedback on that kind of stuff. Not to say that the fans are wrong or nitpicking stuff like that. That feedback is coming and we're hearing that feedback and we're taking it in stride and figuring out how we can improve on things. That said, the game comes out in three months so there's gonna be things that we can do in that time remaining and things that we can't do. When it comes to the overall look of the game, I feel like when people get it in their hands and they see it in motion, they really get what we're trying to do with the cinematic look.

>Okay. So just to return to Chun-Li's face.

>Michael Evans: Haha. I knew you were gonna say that.

>Are you guys gonna look at that again, given the widespread negative response?

>Michael Evans: Yes. Well when put that way, I say, I never wanted to look at it again. It's super--no, okay. It is disgusting. Of course we will look at it again. We're gonna look at it. Can't promise anything right now, but we want to make our fans happy, man. We're not an evil overlord company, despite the rumors. We do want to make our fans happy. Can't promise anything. We'll look into it. I believe Ono already said something about that.

>The X-Men started this crossover

>MCU blandness has tooken over the roster

>Not even putting in Marvel characters that actually feel new despite having Gamora, Dyke-Carol, Black Panther and such

Everyone involved should kill themselves

Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Magneto because you gotta have them.
Rogue with special move steal like in Xmen vs SF
Jean, but Phoenix is a hidden boss/secret character like Akuma used to be back in the day. Like, you get all perfects in arcade/story mode and then she goes "I CAN'T CONTROL IT"
Colossus, Juggernaut and Strong Guy for grapplers.
Sentinel as a mid boss. If we do this modern story mode thing where you need disposable grunts, that's who we use as well.
Pyro for additional villain/zoning character. Iceman to balance him out and because he was one of the founding members.
X-23 as DLC/unlockable skin/voice pack for Wolverine.
Deadpool for normies. Doop for joke character.

>but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther
Yeah sure

>Captain Marvel may seem like a strange pick, but she's fantastic. She fits the gameplay. She fits the story, and they're gonna be really pushing her as a strong female lead all the way up into the movie.
>mfw

Well if Spider-Man or Wolverine aren't there thank God we at least got YAAS QUEEN!

Cyclops
Wolverine
Magneto
Psylocke
Gambit
Rogue
Jean
Juggernaut
Deadpool
Beast
Omega Red
Storm
Sentinel
Toad
Sabretooth
Cable
Apocalypse
Angel (Death)

Like you needed another excuse to not buy this game.

I just want him back.

>Rocket looks like crap, Chun-Li/Chris/Dante look fucked up, and Cap looks inflated was a choice to make the game look "cinematic"
I can forgive at least SOME of the X-Men getting cut and other shit but this just makes me boil.

>Meanwhile Future Trunks just got announced for Fighter Z
Who cares? Also Super made him complete fucking shit

This shit is pure laziness.

How the hell does a game look this terrible only 3 months from release?

It's literally phone game tier...

Based.

The anti-mutant crusade ended with Ressurxion they said...

I care more about Future Trunks than I do Carol Danvers.

>i want magneto so I can tech scrubs and tell them to git gud
Fuck you capcom I just wanna play as the x-men

Killing X-men characters from /co to /vg all to spite FOX. Wth happened this is ridiculous

>Yes. Well when put that way, I say, I never wanted to look at it again. It's super--no, okay. It is disgusting. Of course we will look at it again. We're gonna look at it. Can't promise anything right now, but we want to make our fans happy, man.
They are sooooo uninterested in this shit.

>Can't promise anything. We'll look into it.
BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHHA

The movies run everything now.

>Who cares?
More people than those who care about most of this game's new characters.

Add Chamber, Sunspot, Canonball, and Xorn and we have a deal.

>Carol Danvers
Who?

>shilling Dragon Ball
Can't we just hate the game. We don't need interns selling us other games here.

>If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things. Magneto, case and point, is a favorite because he has eight-way dash and he's really fast, right? So our more technical players, all they want to do is triangle jump and that kind of stuff. Well guess what, Nova can do the same thing, Captain Marvel can do the same thing. Ultron can do the same thing. Go ahead and try them out.
>Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther.

Well that pretty much cemented my disdain towards this game and everyone involved with it.

Who here's picking up the DBZ fighting game instead? I'd love to see some movie villains like Turles and Slug get added in, but I'd be fine with the usual Tien, Kid Buu, Android 18 roster.

Exactly.

I'd have Xorn as a skin for Magneto as a joke. Sell it in the same pack as Havok/Cyclops and X-23/Wolverine.

So still not that many. Also being excited for Future Trunks being announced in a DBZ Fighting game is like being excited for Krillin.

I feel I might be beating a shortsided drum but any game company hitching their wagon to Marvel after 2010 deserves the shit they get. Capcom was already screwed when Marvel put the brakes on Marvel 3 and what happened with Ultimate Alliance 2 really feels like making any long term plans with Marvel is destined to be shit

>yfw Capcom will die now that they lost their get out of jail card (Monster Hunter)

Spider-Man is in

>Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther.

Please tell me this nigga isn't serious.

Magneto
Storm
Wolverine
Cyclops
Rogue
Magik
Legion
Jean
Nightcrawler
Juggernaut
Beast
Spiral
Sabretooth
Psylocke

It's relevant. They're both character fighters but one has a visual style and roster that the fandom can get behind, being made by a developer in high regard that listens to fan input, and the other is this shit where we get told we're wrong for wanting characters we've been fans of for 20 years and "we'll totally look into it but if you buy it we're sure you'll love it as is" when we say the aesthetic is shit.

Except Capcom doesn't give a shit given how poorly done this game looks.

They cast a boring person for spider man? He doesnt have a movie of his own coming out? They just put iron man on his cover and sell it that way so he doesnt need to be in the game.

I think people will just pick dragon ball or tekken over this.

>being made by a developer in high regard that listens to fan input
>Blazblue
>Persona Arena

You ArcSys shills need to fuck off. Bad enough that we're getting bandwagoners everywhere but we don't need people shilling them like they were godsend to fighting games when most people wouldn't give them the time of day.

souce?

>If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things.

Yet they decided they needed fucking Spencer in the roster.

>Implying this could be Marvel's fault and not Capcom letting FGC idiots try to do a fighting game.

It would be way too hilarious if it turned out that Capcom gave them more than enouhg resources but they spend it in dumb shit, because fuck FGC faggots

>No Emma
Are you gay?

>We need to pander to the casual normie audience
This is what comics have become Sup Forums. The escape for outcasts is no more. This will happen to everything you care about

>Well that pretty much cemented my disdain towards this game and everyone involved with it.
Yeah that's such a stupid argument to make, might as well remove every marvel and capcom references from the game, have all fights play out on a blank stage, remove any sort of sound apart from attack sound effects and make the only fighter in the game a completely blank wireframe model for which you give a moveset to from a list of choices.

They shouldn't have released that story mode demo. It did way more harm than good.

Man nobody hates the fact that Capcom is shitting the bed more than me but fuck off with this "anyone that says good about something is shilling" nonsense. You've already fucked movie threads with this rhetoric.

I'll take Namco, Lab Zero, and maybe even Netherrealm (If I had to pick someone) over modern Capcom too.

First Off:
> characters are just functions/mechanics

Second, this cross over shit BEGAN In 1996 with X-men vs Street Fighter. I don't care if you were born in the late 90's, You know who the X-Men Are. In the aughts they had movies, television shows, toys, comic books, video games. You telling me someone is walking the planet that knows of the MCU but has never seen First Class, Apocalypse, Wolverine/Logan, etc? Miss me with that shit.

Shouldn't have wasted time trying to give it a story, it's a fucking crossover fighter. You don't need to mimic Mortal Kombat X or Injustice.

This must be some weird backwards universe where the X-men are less popular than Guardians and BP.

I never saw the appeal of fighters, so you just punch and kick the other guy until they're knocked out. Sounds boring.

I just can't figure out how she'd play, is all.
Telepaths are hard to figure out as they're not really front line fighters, and other than the adding super armor what would you do with her diamond form?

>and maybe even Netherrealm
They're just as bad as Capcom but at least MvCI plays functionally unlike Injustice

Logan? Deadpool? Apocalypse? What are you talking about, man, Marvel Studios released no such films, maybe you're talking about Guardians of the Galaxy?

The Perlmutter-verse. It also has no F4 and Spiderman is less popular than Carol Danvers.

This "characters as functions" statement makes less and less sense the more I think about it. It makes sense if you're catering exclusively to high level FGC guys I guess but the game has been simplified and built specifically to appeal to casuals who certainly don't give a fuck about shit like that and only want to make teams of their favorite characters to play, which will probably include guys like Wolverine and Magneto. And that's not even getting into the retarded delusion that people don't know who the fucking X-men are.

I have no idea how he could say that with a straight face when they out characters like M.O.D.O.K., Skrull, Iron Fist, and Shuma Gorath in MvC3.

When will Marvel stop being petty faggots?

Idk maybe gave her extra resistance and turn into a heavy hitter for a while. I just want my fucking interactions with her and Scott. Specially young Scott.

When will Marvel get X-Men back?

I-I thought the mutant witch hunt at marvel was supposed to have ended already?

I'm not opposed to the idea of a story mode but in execution this was all kinds of fucked up. It played out like it was written by the marketing team; just a bunch of shouting characters' names at each other punctuated by one liners. There were more load times and cutscenes than actual gameplay, the characters all look janky, the mooks died so quickly you couldn't even build the meter to see cool shit, and it ends with an unwinnable fight followed by "PREORDER FOR BONUS SKINS".

And holy shit I can't believe I ever thought Capcom could make Carol interesting. I'm convinced now it just can't be done.

At this point I'd rather see them die than get the X-men back, they don't deserve them.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that MvCI plays functionally, and at least NRS knows you don't put out a character fighter and leave out the characters people want.

A Vs game without any mutants would be like if they did Injustice and didn't put in any green lanterns or maybe even any batman characters.

No. Fuck you. I don't what I would do if the X-Men die.

I never saw the appeal of racing games, so you just go faster and outrace the other guy until they are behind you. Sounds boring.

I never got the appeal of video games, you just press buttons to see things happen on a screen. Might as well watch TV.

I mean marvel, not the X-men as an IP.

>I wouldn't necessarily agree that MvCI plays functionally,
Calm your fucking rage boner over your favorite X-Men not getting in and actually play the demo, it plays fine and much better than Injustice.

>and at least NRS knows you don't put out a character fighter and leave out the characters people want.

Yeah people sure did wanted Firestorm, Supergirl, Captain Cold, Gorilla Godd. Blue Beetle , Aquaman, Green Lantern right? That's why half the fucking roster in Injustice 2 are from Batman right?

I never got the appeal of TV, you just press buttons to see people do things on a screen. Might as well read books

I never got the appeal of watching television, you just sit around with zero intraction with the medium or plainly use it as background static. Sounds boring

I think the delusion is more that people just don't believe the x-men are part of Marvel, just because of movies. Which is fucking stupid because I'm sure they sill have the fucking marvel logo at the beginning of the x-films.

But yeah it's mostly just press bullshit "Oh we can't actually tell people we've been banned from adding Fantastic Four or X-men in, let's give them some bullshit about how people don't know about wolverine, despite the fact he had a film out earlier this year."

>A Vs game without any mutants would be like if they did Injustice and didn't put in any green lanterns
It just so happens that nobody gives a shit about either so that was a bad comparison.

I never understood the appeal of reading, I mean, you just read word after word and try to follow the thought process of an imaginary person.

I never got appeal of books, you read thing on paper to know thing happen. Might as well use brian to imagine thing.

>I think the delusion is more that people just don't believe the x-men are part of Marvel, just because of movies.
Or maybe because people don't care about X-Men since the 90's?

The MCU movies were the biggest monkey paw for us fans. It's success just really eventually screwed a lot of shit up.

>Actually play the demo, it polays fine
Like I said in another post, between the absurd loading times and the fact that all you fight are training dummies, followed by a literally unwinnable fight that skips to cutscene before you can win it, there's no real way to get a feel for the gameplay.
Having said that, the FGC has already uncovered the standard broken vs shit like infinites, loops, and unblockables. But I'm sure those'll be balanced out eventually right?

>People wanting a DC game wouldn't want Green Lantern or Aquaman
Are you listening to yourself?

I never got the appeal of imagining things, you just think about stuff that doesn't exist. Might as well cease existing

Good.

I hope the X-men sink further into obscurity, maybe that'll teach Fox they shouldn't have kept the RIGHTS.

Keep deluding yourself. You're clearly too busy doing so to read the rest of that sentence.

I'm excited for Krillin.

>Like I said in another post, between the absurd loading times and the fact that all you fight are training dummies, followed by a literally unwinnable fight that skips to cutscene before you can win it, there's no real way to get a feel for the gameplay.
There's already videos proving that you're full of shit. Shitting on MvCI isn't going to make Injustice 2 a better game or make people care about it.

>Are you listening to yourself?
Are you seriously so deluded that you believe people who bought Injustice wanted to play as Green Lantern or Aquaman? Are you actually saying this?

I'd respect them a lot more if they just said "Marvel has the movie rights to these characters. They want to push them."

Just say the obvious, faggots.

My nigga.
I hope his hit box is infuriating.