So I'm generally seeing two different opinions about this guy. It's either

So I'm generally seeing two different opinions about this guy. It's either

>Stupidly overpowered to the point of being boring, can easily crush Goku

or

>Weak as shit, Goku and a bat with no powers wipe the floor with him

Which one is it really? It's strange how two very widespread opinions on a character's strength level can be such opposites.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGDoIFvVAwM
youtu.be/-Bym4ojKea8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It depends on the writer but I'd say it's the former with him being a stupidly overpowered fuck boy.

>Stupidly overpowered to the point of being boring, can easily crush Goku
IMO, I find it stupid that people value characters having flaws because "they're relatable."
>Weak as shit, Goku and a bat with no powers wipe the floor with him
If a person don't like a character because he/she is "week" then the person is an idiot.

Superman is as strong as the story needs to be. His strength isn't supposed to be the highlight of the media.

He's a immigrant raised by farmers. He believes in people but knows they aren't infallible, and neither is he. He can make mistakes that could blow the world apart and so can you. That's sort of what he's supposed to represent really. Good person who chooses to help people out of a belief in it.

Some people write him better then others that's for sure. Can someone post his conversation with Monaghan?

It's not weak at all but Goku can still destroy him easily.
The comparisons to DBZ characters DO NOT FUCKING WORK.
Vegeta on his way to earth for the 1st time destroyed a entire planet without any stated or visible exhaustion. And both him and Goku have IMMEASURABLY surpassed that power stage.
That kind of energy output is beyond the scope of American comic characters including Superman.

>Vegeta on his way to earth for the 1st time destroyed a entire planet without any stated or visible exhaustion
Filler, never happened. The only being in BZ that could maybe, MAYBE stand up to Superman, is Zen-Oh, but his only demonstrated power is reality erasure, which is something Superman is specifically protected against.

The first interpretation never made much sense to me. Doomsday, Darkseid, Brainiac, Zod, and at least half a dozen other rogues are as strong as or stronger than him.

>Vegeta on his way to earth for the 1st time destroyed a entire planet without any stated or visible exhaustion.

Silver Age Supes regularly did shit on that scale during lunch. He could tow planets around without effort.

It's none.
In his stories, Goku will never appear, so that opinion doesn't really matter, and he also isn't that overpowered excepting shitty stories by shitty writers.

Superman stories aren't mostly about power, they are about etical struggles. He's really powerful on a normal scale, but when shit goes cosmical he always struggles/needs help to defeat evil.

For example, here's Super BOY casually moving around MULTIPLE planets at the same time.

As a child, Silver Age Superman already surpassed the DBZ candyasses.

The basic problem with Superman is his invulnerability muddling objectives. Say, Batman (Or anyone who is not bulletproof) will die if he takes a shotgun blast to the face. His objective is to not get shotgun blast to the face. His actions are clear in purpose, tension is clear in nature as Batman stalks the shadows, dodges and shit. Only things that can harm Superman is bullshit. Which he often overcomes with other bullshit.

It's not that Superman can't have good stories, but not in weekly action.

Here's Superman destroying an entire solar system with literally a single sneeze.

And during the Silver Age these kind of feats weren't even noteworthy. It was a casual, regular occurrence that would happen in passing.

Depends entirely on the writer. Although it is true that his power is kinda limitless by the very same argument: one writer can make him bend time, space, gravity and tank the destruction of the universe (like Morrison and others did). While other just make him job to Bizarro or some shit like that.

Honestly, I don't see an issue with that. Superman is a very creative character that should not be limited by the same things that affect other heroes.

Oh, and in case you missed it, he's pulling these planets from their native galaxy TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE UNIVERSE. Not the next star system over, not even the next galaxy (which would already be really, really, really, impossibly far away), or a few galaxies beyond that (even more impossibly far). No, he's casually moving multiple planets across the entirety of the universe without effort

You're being biased. Goku and Superman, around like the Buu Saga? Pretty even

No, no they're not.

>lmao i'll just shake really fast
>NOW I HAVE SAVED ALL OF THE UNIVERSE

This is some next level retardation

Omniverse, user. More than just universe, more like a group of multiverses.

Meanwhile, many years later and after much training and while in an ascended god form, Goku's rival and equal...

Welcome to Superman, writhe in agony during your stay.

It's almost as if the mass majority of people don't actually know what the fuck they are talking about

Superman, while astronomically more powerful than any character in DBZ, not to mention smarter an more experienced in combat, is not overpowered, or boring.

Was this before Supes got into the omniversal Superman Robot armor the Monitors built him?

Yes.

So this............is the power....................................................................of super.................saiyan..........................blue.........................................whoa...not bad...

>Vegeta struggling to lift a single, 1,000+ ton being
>Superman has bench-pressed 5.972 sextillion metric tons for five days straight without rest and isn't winded afterwards

I realize Vegeta's never been in the same weight class as Goku, but there's a line.

>can easily crush Goku
>Goku
Well there's your problem. You have garbage weaboo fanboys as friends, I suggest you dump their asses and find superior friends who don't worship a country with castrated manbabies as the majority population.

Might as well ask here and apologize if you're sick of this question but: Whats good Superman recommended reading? Ive practically read up on everyone except Big Blue himself

Secret Identity. Clark isn't some alien from space but a human who somehow gained Superman's power.

i'm not sure if these are meant to be comedic, just have superman does over the top stuff just cos' it's a silly comic.

I suggest Kingdom come. the story is not about the "main" Superman, it's an alternate reality but I like the story.
The art is cool too.
All Star Superman is recommended a lot but I honestly find it meh

best Superman is best

At least in the Silver Age they weren't meant to be comedic, in that the entire comic was always just nuts so these kinds of things weren't supposed to especially stand out.

>but not in weekly action

A collection of Superman DAILY comic strips from the 40s wants to slap you hard in the face.

If you are starting out with Superman, you should check out the digital first series, Adventures of Superman.

It's some 30+ writers and 40+ artists who have never worked on Superman regularly who were given the opportunity to write Superman outside canon. Some issues were just 1 or two parters, the longest were 3 parters, and not too many of those.

You can find the individually issues on CMX, as digitals, and they have been ripped so if you noodle around you can find them on line to download. A decent LCS should be able to order one of the three collected trades of them for you. I read them from my local library.

>caring about powerlevels between comics and manga
You need to be 18 to post here.

That's not how it works fucking idiot.
DBZ characters all the time get destroyed by weak ass street-level strikes.

>Hurr durr
Typical idiotic mind set reader.
DC always do shit related to string theory with Supes and Flash.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGDoIFvVAwM

Death Battle was retarded to use bullshit like Superman Prime or cancer Superman.

Give us the powerlevel of his current comic. I'm sure it can match SSBK anyways.

Gocuck struggles with 40 tons and had to turn super sayian to lift them. youtu.be/-Bym4ojKea8
He's not anywhere near clark's league.

Hey, they wrote what they wrote, it's only "wrong" if you believe idiotic fanwank. Keep in mind Vegeta as in SSB when an exploding planet killed him in the anime. DBZ power growth is simply nowhere near what fans think.

Okay idiot, let's do that read this then read this how the fuck do they compare? Superman is able to witness 2 Flashes going 14x the speed of light while Goku can't even see a measly lazer shot. These manga fans need to learn basic physics and comprehension much less actually understand their source material before they begin to bring their faggotry on our board, also, nitpicking which version of Superman to fight which version of Goku defeats the purpose of the argument. If you're gonna nitpick then bring out kid Goku to fight Superman Prime, see how that doesn't make sense? Goku isn't in the same universe when it comes to power of Big Blue.