‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ to Introduce Dazzler on the Big Screen

collider.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-dazzler/

Not surprising after the casting call.
But anyway, who cares what background characters they put in anyway. JLaw and Magneto are returning and the director has never made a movie before, but written almost all the shitty ones of the franchise.

Hes written all of them and X3 was just Ratner being Ratner. He has enough experience in the industry to make a good movie.

Yeah, this is the unfortunate reality. They introduced/teased Jubilee literally 3 times and she never mattered once, for example

Who cares? It'll be just like when they brought Jubilee or Psylocke to the big screen. It'll be so under utilized or altered from the original that anyone who might give a shit won't give a shit.

Like says, it's pointless to get hyped.

She'll have 2-3 lines and take a backseat to Jlaw and Fassbender just like 99% of the cast. Then either die unceremoniously or just leave the movie.

>Tease a character to get the fans hyped
>Character is a cameo at best, in the background at worst

The Fox method at work

She'll be like Jubilee and have like three scenes and won't use her powers.

prepare for disappointment

not like she can do anything else.

Can't believe they didn't reboot for this movie.
A wacky plot with aliens would've been perfect to distance themselves from the old black leather bullshit.

It is rebooted since DOFP.

A FULL reboot.
New Wolverine. New Prof X. New Cyclops and a New X-Men that isn't shit.

And no more Jlaw.

Only if you lack imagination, Fox.

But what else should we have expected from you, Fox? Other than Disapointment of course....

>New Wolverine
no point
> New Prof X.
we got that
>New Cyclops
we got that
> New X-Men that isn't shit.
they were never shit to begin with
>And no more Jlaw.
I heard she plays a more minor part than usual

my names not Fox its Anonymous. After 1 movie you mcu fags bitch like always

>no point
We can have a Wolverine that is actually good and wears his costume
>we got that
He's shit.
>we got that
Shit
>they were never shit to begin with
They were ALWAYS SHIT. Don't even have good costumes.
>I heard she plays a more minor part than usual
You heard wrong. She's the main character of Apocalypse and DoFP. She

Just like how Jubilee was introduced?

Yes.
You'll see a minute of Dazzler then she'll leave the movie.

Gotta make more room for Mystique and Magneto.

shit taste my man like really shit taste. except for the mystique part

I'm already grinding my teeth in anger at the likelihood of this being real.

Don't get too upset Fox has seen more potential in the franchise so varying changes are coming.

Marvel Studios waste characters... everybody is fine with that.

Fox waste characters... damn you Fox! why you ruined so relevant characters like Jubilee and Dazzler?

I want them to completely cut all times to the old movies and move in a different direction for good.
Look at fucking Apocalypse. How the fuck are you supposed to have a cool super hero movie with a cheesy, over the top villain like Apocalpyse if half the movie is retreadin X-Men Black Leather Adventures 2.
I want them to thoroughly shake this legacy.
Just make something over-the-top, colorful and most importantly, something with actual fucking X-Men characters in the spotlight. Characters that have their own things going on. Characters that change and develop over time. Characters that have more going on in their lives than just pro Xavier or pro Magneto/Apocalypse/Shaw/Mutant leader of the day.

The whole idea of trying to even remotely fit a movie with aliens and the phoenix into the mold of the previous X-Men movies is doomed to fail and will fuck this movie over completely.

It's been 17 years since X1, how have they not figured everything out by now? How inept are they?

I see what you mean. We need X-Men doing non x-men things. Like having pizza night.

What characters has Marvel wasted?

X-Men got popular with fresh, wacky adventures every month with real, permanent consequences on the heroes. People died, got disillusioned, lost their powers, had to deal with all kinds of shit in general.
And there were multiple people going through different things at the same time.
I want stuff like that. If some characters end up having a night out at the bar in one scene to work through some of their shit then I am ultimately not opposed, although ultimately it all hinges on the plot still going on to keep the forward momentum of the characters alive.

Deadpool sparked something at least.

I'll believe it when I see it. I still have it chalked up as a lightning in a bottle situation.
Keeping a tentative eye on New Mutants.

- Red Skull
- The Destroyer
- The Leader (he's still canon or what?)
- Justin Hammer
- Mandarin and all his henchmen (not Killian, he was good IMO)
- Malekith
- Batroc
- Carina (Collector's Daughter... assistant in the MCU)
- The Nova Corps
- Drax (IMO)
- Ronan
- Hank Pym
- Janet Van Dyne
- Strucker
- Quicksilver
And I could continue naming other characters but I'm tired now... I'm not saying that Fox didn't wasted characters, they wasted a lot too, but I don't like hypocrisy, both have wasted characters with great potential, IMO.

Please don't fuck this up

I think the key difference here is that while MCU can't keep their villains not named Loki, FoX-Men can't keep a supporting cast.

I forgot Ultron, lol, he's almost as lame as Apocalypse.

So a story that's gonna be set in the 90s based on an arc from the 80s is going to include a character from the 80s based on the music of the 70s?

And I'm supposed to think this not only won't be a huge mess, but that it won't also be another Jubilee situation again.

They'll turn Dazzler into Britney, bitch.

I'm guessing they'll introduce Dazzler by having the kids go to a concert of hers, Phoenix or the Shi'ar will show up and fuck things up, and probably kill Dazz to show that things are getting intense and serious and doncha know dem muties are dangerous, kay????

Why do you whiny shits always go for the "oh, I'm sure they'll kill off this character to make the stakes feel bigger!!" excuse?

Because I have absolutely no faith in Fox to not resort to retarded bullshit like that.
Or they'll shoot a bunch of footage for a scene, and then in the final cut just edit it all down to a quick camera panover for the character.