7 years old borther is whatching AT, RS or GF

>7 years old borther is whatching AT, RS or GF.
>Parents walks in
>look at the screem for 5 minutes and say "huur, this isnt for kids they only talk about girlfirends/boyfriends".

>watching the simpsons as a kid.
>mum and dad are in the room not paying attention.
>bart says go to hell
>the simpsons is now banned in my house hold.

All I can say was when I was in high school a few years ago (I'm 20, chill the fuck out dudes) I was talking to my friend and made a "I've come for your pickle" spongebob reference and he didn't get it, I asked if he's ever seen the series and he said his parents banned him from watching it due to that very fucking old study that Sponge and Pat were gay.

I couldn't fucking believe I met someone who was affected by that "study" and that anyone even saw it that I'd meet.

Fuck, even my mega christian friend watched it, PROBABLY BECAUSE HIS PARENTS DIDN'T SEE THE FUCKING RETARDED STUDY, or didn't care.

He said he saw RS too but when they said pissed was banned from watching it too.

He's never heard of South Park either, like at all.

I had no idea he was that sheltered until that day, which was around the time I graduated and never saw him again.

Man

I couldn't watch The Simpsons until my sister got older. Mega Christian family still thinks anime and Pokemon teaches kids about Japanese demons and Harry Potter teaches kids about witchcraft. Go to church service, deacon goes off on Twilight teaching kids about Vampirism and Werewolfism.

>Grandma walks in, "Stop watching that, it's demonic. G Gundam.

Where's that euroanon that got mad when his grandpa wouldn't let him Tamers and he ran away crying in the woods?

Learn how to condense your ideas. Take a creative writing course or something.

What? You're getting upset over nothing, but if it calms your autism I don't usually make many sentence breaks.

I'm not getting upset. I'm making a suggestion.

It's not worth calling out

My parents would ban anything that either had crude humor or would give me nightmares

The last show they banned (partially because I was a tween at that point, partially because I decided not to show them any shows I was interested in afterwards) was Flapjack

My Dad and I watched The Simpsons together almost every since I was 5.

>look at the screem for 5 minutes and say "huur, this isnt for kids they only talk about girlfirends/boyfriends"
>look at the screem for 5 minutes
>look
>for 5 minutes

>literally imagining some skinwalker walking into the room, staring at a tv screen silently for 5 minutes without watching, and then making a jibe at the content before leaving

Jesus user, that's horrifying.

they are kinda right from a different point of view

shipping killed cartoons

This. They're probably just making sure he doesn't end up a shipfag. Be appreciative that they're trying to improve his taste.

When I was younger a video rental store with an anime section opened up around my house. Since everybody in my family loves sci-fi, me, my mom, my dad, and my sister all sat down together and watched all twenty six episodes of Cowboy Bebop one disc at a time over the course of a week or two.
Also, when I was younger both my parents would watch saturday morning cartoons if they liked the show, though my mom thought Pokemon was the dumbest thing ever.

But a lot of Pokemon actually are based on Japanese demons.

>tween
Don't use that word.

His post was fine in length, maybe a little disjointed, but he needed to convey not just the info but to emphasize to mood of the experience.
Are you mad he didn't greentext it?
also
>creative writing course
>succinctness
Choose one.

>Don't use that word.
Literally what is a person supposed to say, you dumb faggot?
Kids have a weird not-kid not-teen period from 10-13 where they want to be big guys but think sex is pissing in a girls butt and they still sleep with stuffed toys despite having wet dreams.

Literally how old are you if you have a 7 year old brother?

It's still just an older kid, not a teen or "tween."

>GF
Just a friendly reminder, everyone.

What the fuck is the point of responding to a random Sup Forums post about how it's written if it's not
>bad english
>not able to follow a sequence
>unrelated
etc?

My parents never banned me from any shows I normally watched. They didn't want me watching Family Guy, though. At first I thought it was because of the crude humor, but I later learned it was because they personally didn't like it.

He also was born on the same date as me, funny.

nigga hes just writing a potentially false or exaggerated story on the internet, not an Essay. Yeah he may have unnecisarily stretched a certain idea a few paragraphs but I. Don't. Give. A. Fuck. No one does.
you were just looking for a shitty excuse to stroke your cock

Your parents suck and are the reason America needs to be geat again.

Shove that English major up your ass then kill yourself.

You're thinking of Yokai Watch.

Learn how to not sound like a pompous cunt. Talk to another human being in real life or something.

Which is based off Pokemon.

>implying that isn't the average middle-american trump voting household

Years ago, my mom saw a Lord of the Rings site that I went to, and concluded "Middle Earth? That sounds close to hell."
She sure as hell voted for Trump.

>meme politics
Gee, I wonder what board you must frequent.

I was just making a joke. Thank you for proving that Americans have become oversensitive whiny bitches.

You faggots are probably the reason I can't have more Rosianna Rabbit. In all honesty, I hope you get fucked by a cactus.

>I had to watch South Park in English so my parents couldn't recognise all the cussing.

I did have to change the channel when they came into my room.

What kind of a goddamned retard makes a post like this?

> banning cartoons
> american parenting

Wait there are people thinking I was lying to be in the club? Fags it was just "I had a friend in high school who was sheltered", there's nothing fucking unbelievable or exaggerated about that, and I still have no idea why there's suddenly a post layout nazi here, it wasn't even as bad as many posts here are, which are NEVER called out

>letting kids watch literally anything they want

Does this actually happen non American anons?

>tf not allowed to watch Cartoon Network until chowder came out

not Sup Forums but Sup Forums and this isn't entirely my parents fault, its just a mix of me being young, like literally in 3rd grade and my parents not knowing much about vidya

>tfw I missed out on original xbox and wii classics like halo and tasuneko vs capcom in 2007 amongst others

I swear I'm letting my kids watch any cartoon and get any game out there, let them have what never got to have

Not literally anything but if you're afraid that your children will pick up bad manners from a cartoon it means you aren't teaching them manners properly.

Pokemon didnt invent monster collecting games/anime it was only the first to be successful from it. the same way that Thomas Edison didn't necessary invent the light bulb more so that he improved on past ideas

this, thats just lazy parenting, if so concerned either watch it with them or be able to tell them right from wrong

Amazing

>a lot
I can only think of 3 from who knows how many hundreds now and they are all from Gen III, way after the Gen I scare.

Meanwhile, Megami Tensei is actually about summoning demons to fight and I see nobody complaining.

>Dad is super christian and comes home from a night meeting at the church where they watch one of those "pokemon are the devil!" church movies
>Proceeds to lecture me and my sister at 1AM and bag up all of our pokemon stuff
>It is banned at his house
>My dad is a poor fuck who lives on shit from the church, government assistance and con artistry
>My Mom was the one who bought all the shit for us and it go distributed between houses because we were kids
>Mom has a shitfit on him for the mental abuse he put us through
>Mom rebuys as much of it as she can and tries to make it up to us as much as possible
>Years later we're over it and at the house and pokemon johto is on (i have still liked it for years and not talked on mentioned it there) and dad is flipping past channels and stops then goes back
>Seeing it for that second made my heart drop
>He goes "whats this show?"
>Me and Sister go (lying) "We don't know?"
>"Yes you do its pokemon...remember pokemon?"
>Every other weekend for our entire childhood (and several weeks at a time during the summer) is shit like this about EVERYTHING
>the court system didn't believe he was abusive mentally and physically until we are 14 and big enough to refuse to go

should have asked them to buy your bonestorm

>be me
>try to watch Yu Yu Hakusho when younger
>dad gets mad because of the swearing and bans adult swim from the house
>24-years-old now
>my dad still gets triggered by me watching adult swim

At least I can stream it on my laptop now.

Jeez. I come from a religious household and my father never sperged out about Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, or any of the other stuff I was into.

Granted, he did give me a hard time when I still had an interest in those series as I got older.

I write and I have no fucking clue what you're talking about. His post reads fine.

>missing out on Yu Yu Hakusho
Did you at least get to watch some of the Dark Tournament?

original poster here. i'm british.

Sounds shit. My parents not only were ok with me watching violent shows, they bought me merch on occasion, had me some DBZ tapes on VHS and action figures.

>it wasn't even as bad as many posts here are, which are NEVER called out
Probably because a bunch of children always act as though it's the worst thing they've ever seen, just like what just happened here.

Pre-teen

why is this rabbit such a bitch?

>That feel when free-range child.

Now that you mention it that whole post reads like a person possessed
Fucking skinwalkers.

What the fuck is RS?

>they watch one of those "pokemon are the devil!" church movies
I want to see this.

regular show dummy

Regular Show I'm guessing

The kind of family he described is absolutely Trump's biggest supporters.

Because wanting a better country is something only Trump and his supporters should want just because of some stupid hat he wore? Holy SHIT, you Americans are complete idiots blinded by your bipartidism.

He's talking about how Republican voters are the kind of retarded cunts that ban comics, cartoons, videogames and books from the home because ITS EVIL SATANISM, or IT HAS NEKKID TIDDIES, or IT HAS EVU-LUTUN IN IT, or IT HAS SWERIN IN IT.

Yes, I understand that. What I don't understand is how someone can trademark a common sentiment and make it not okay for anyone else to have it anymore. Idiots.

Next you'll tell me I'm Hitler for liking Disney, sweets and german shepherds.

>implying Democrats can't be religious nuts too

Congratulations, once again you've all ruined another thread with political shitflinging.

The proper term for female rabbits is 'doe'.

>borther

>borther
>whatching
>Parents walks in
>screem
>isnt
>girlfirends

>mom is big into horror
>dad is kind of a shithead but likes cartoons too
I consider myself lucky, my mom fucking loved most cartoons on CN, except for EEnE. The only things that were straight up banned in my house were comedy central and reality TV.