Marvel Comics Changes the Comic Book Industry

How does Sup Forums feel now that Marvel Comics has now literally changed the ENTIRE Comic Book industry with their new invention: variant comics.

How does one even come up with such an idea? How will these "variant comic covers" work? Are we advancing too much in a such a short amount of time as a race because of this brand new technology?

I really can't wrap my head around why they thought this would be such a game changer.

They really got nothing, huh?

They've got Disney money and a PR department will balls the size of grapefruits.
They can say anything and do anything and nothing will ever stop them as long as they don't piss off poppa Mickey.

>the American comics industry
fixed that one for them. capeshit is a drop in teh ocean in the actual industry, where Mangas and Eurocomics takes most of the market outside of xenophobe USA

And NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME until next year when they try another gimmick.

Was that seriously all? Left for work wondering if there was gonna be more but Jesus fuck am i glam im a dcfag.

Does Japan and Europe have the new technology of variant comics? Hmmmmm?

>Marvel Legacy changes the comic book industry
I love how earlier Slott was in the BC comments saying them using that as an article title was
>a click-bait title, and distorting something a person's said into something they haven't said at all
I thought they never said it Slott?

It blew ME the FUCK away foor surre!

5 new boring titles and the rest all the same shit they publish EVERY month..

AND VARIANTS!!!

ALL MY MONEY GOES TO MARVEL!!!

Jane Foster Thor is dying (probably a fake-out though).

Punisher is now War Machine.

Thing and Human-Torch ongoing.

Spirits of Vengence ongoing.

Some other stuff but most of it is stuff no one cares about.

Also Cavengers.

Same creative team for most books.

Only notable thing was apparently cancelling Ultimates^2.

In Japan and Europe they even have comics with...this will blow your mind...more than one strip.

In fact, it's the standard format outside the US.

Take that passive aggressive whining somewhere else.

they know they have nothing, and they HAVE TO showboat like this to get people to even pay attention anymore

Marvel is once again going to crash the comic books industry like what they did in the 90s. this time i hope it kills them

Marvel Comics/Entertainment wants to purposely crash the comics industry (AGAIN) because they know they have Disney to pull their asses out of any danger.

By crashing the comic industry, Marvel Comics/Entertainment will have Full Control of everything, no rivals, and can half-ass their comics moreso than before with no fear of loss.

Marvel Comics/Marvel Entertainment is literally the most Evil "people" (Rapists is a more apt term) in the world.

how do we stop them?

How does Marvel doing dumb shit affect other publishers in any way?

Is Marvel the laughing stock of 2017?

> 2017

Comic retailers will crash hard, and digital sales aren't enough to carry this industry

How Marvel can get away with this?They heavily implied an event but it was only covers?Ins't that shit a big fat scam?

>Marvel Comics/Entertainment wants to purposely crash the comics industry (AGAIN) because they know they have Disney to pull their asses out of any danger.
>By crashing the comic industry, Marvel Comics/Entertainment will have Full Control of everything, no rivals, and can half-ass their comics moreso than before with no fear of loss.
WB can rebuild DC just as easily, they will not give up the comics if Batman movies were giving them a billion dollars each

yes but what about 3rd party comics? last time Dark horse had to end their universe in favor of movie tie ins and valiant was all but defunct till 2012

>Punisher is now War Machine.
What the tits?

Does a retailer have to stock marvel? If I owned a comic shop I wouldn't order marvel from diamond at all unless someone specifically ordered it on their pull and then I'd order only the necessary number of copies.

we've come full circle

What did it change anyway, Frank just get new toys to Frank more people with?

Do Rhodey even have a legacy to begin with and will Frank be Riri or Doom's sidekick?

There is no guarantee that Disney will pull their asses out of danger since crashing the industry again would kill the primary distribution model and market. They'd probably be far more inclined to shut down Marvel as an independent subsidiary.

We'll Rhodey's dead so..

Funny thing is, Rhodey actually does have a legacy. He has a niece who inherited some old power armor parts, and we thought she would replace him, but then Bendis ignored her and made Riri instead.

Also new moon knight

I legitimately think Ike is destroying the comic division out of spite at this point. I refuse to believe they are this incompetent.

But they'll never have full control because DC is also backed by a mega corporation.

Minorities steal white superheroes, white steal Minority superheroes.

FROM BEING A NAZI TO A WAR MACHINE AYYYY

I almost wonder that. Like Soule with the Peanut Allergy for he Inhumans. Why is Marvel making so many horrible moves?

valiant's not defunct.
We the reader can't. It's the retailers that have too. Retailers are going to have to start buying smart/efficient .I know my current lcs keeps exact numbers of how much they buy/sale. If a new number one only sells 5 copies, they slash how much they order to 5 copies. This has worked well for them. They've also dedicated half the store to card/board games so that must help.

But this is lame because Punisher is far bigger than war machine, is like turning batman into a green lantern

in the worse scenario DC will buy their rights and forget about them like they always do

Frank will have Frank armor so he can frank even more people franker

the fuck is a "variant comic??"

"Unique" comic book covers, made by actual artists. Some of them are pretty cool, while some of them are pretty bad. In Marvel's case, their one of the only reasons that their "Shittier" titles get any sales bumps and quickly fall back down.

I am waiting for things to actually pan out to see what is actually going to happen instead of automatically jumping aboard the hate band wagon unlike the rest of you autistic company war fucks

I mean we are getting a few new ongoing and some new directions to a few books so MAYBE, just maybe it'll be something better then painfully mediocre-to-bad like the majority of there current line-up

We memed a president into office nothing is impossible

>one of the first comics I bought after my folks moved near a comic shop finally

You're talking as if this is the first revamp that Marvel has ever done. They continously say that their comics are going to get better "the next quarter" "after the [Insert event] arc" or some other malarkey that they try to make an excuse for. Yet time and time again they keep failing because they have no real incentive to change. They know that their is more money coming in from the movies than the comics, so their is more focus on the quality of the next upcoming movie, than the comic that it is supposed to be adapting. In essence, the comic division of Marvel is nothing more than an IP farm to make sure that another company doesn't buy the title on the cheap and maybe ACTUALLY redeem the character instead of just forcing them down our throat.

then we must steal more

this is really pathetic, didnt they have alternate covers before?

Marvel and DC are like coca-cola and cheap chips, they are trash food with no regard to the consumer.
I hate to say this but the only growth and complete single story that you ever get is the run of an actual writter.

I will never forgive what Alex Alonso & Daniel Way did with Deadpool.

I honestly expected them to announce a couple throwback comics, like bringing the F4 back, or possibly get a talented writer or two. Nah, just some shit quality variants of classic covers.

>digital sales aren't enough to carry this industry

Maybe if buying digital didn't suck ass...

Eh, I mainly keep to DC mainly because it's actually somewhat more affordable than Marvel. Seriously fucking $6.00 for one comic from Marvel?! Whereas, in DC I can at least say I didn't pay that much for it and there's at least more bang for my buck.

Buying digital wouldn't suck so bad if Diamond didn't force publishers to charge the same price as physical. What a bunch of faggots.

>we are getting a few new ongoing and some new directions to a few books
Like a beaten housewife.

People are laughing at them not because of companywars shit but because they've literally been saying that this will change the entire comic industry and then it turned out to just be a few homage covers. That's objectively hilarious and pathetic.

Previous threads if anyone wants to see all the reveals.

>Mangas and Eurocomics
You shouldn't support cultural appropriation

But they don't. DC's monthlies are $2.99 digitally and $3.99 physically.

DC's comics are cheaper on digital. Dunno about Marvel's since I have had no desire to buy anything from them in years.

Then why the fuck are people acting so surprised and angry that this is going to be the same shit as always? I have grown past giving a enough of shit to get angry or cheer failure and just hoping that a few of the new things they shit out manage to be decent. If not, I'll just go back to saving my money worth a damn
>because they've literally been saying that this will change the entire comic industry and then it turned out to just be a few homage covers

And you actually believed them? Marvel's entire marketing strategy has been hyperbolic BS since the beginning. And there is obviously still more things to official announce, what with that handful of new ongoing that they haven't officially done press releases for yet. And we still don't know what the big secret, probably bullshit reveal at the end of notPoint One/Legacy one shot is.

Everybody needs to simmer the fuck down and lower your expectations

Do you forget where you are user?

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This is what Sup Forums has become: dipshit company wars faggotry. We are Sup Forums - comics book company wars

No, but I have grown tired of the culture

You think this is bad? Some movie shill has been shilling Spider-Man on here and Sup Forums all day doing nothing but posting companywars.

then leave

Marvel Two-in-One is a throwback comic, but yeah, one book and a couple stealth minis does not a relaunch make.

this is why /cape/ would be a solution. Or global rule 16: all live action comic book discussion fucks off to Sup Forums. That might take some of shitfits out

>And you actually believed them?
Of course not. But it's still hilarious how much they hyped up literally nothing.

I hope they're paying you interns overtime. Working this late on a Friday night is not alright.

>deliberately shitting on Marvel
>I'm an intern

This is why company wars are cancer

Woah man, Spirits of Vengeance and Marvel Two-in-One are solid assuming they get good creative teams. The rest is a fucking mess, and SoV is probably just a stealth mini, but still, don't be hating on a new 2-in-1.

In all honesty I think that the reason that we keep poking fun at Marvel is that it had an almost INFINITE LESS number of opportunities to unfuck themselves and yet they choose to meander to the same audience that don't buy comics, those give infinite praise to their "new" "Diverse character" and yet don't even bother to buy a comic because they "don't want to support the capitalistic system", and at the end to the day Marvel is surprised as to why their 'new' target demographic don't buy their overpriced toilet paper.

Good luck staying in business without stocking both of the Big 2.

Because physical comes with a code for the digital. Diamond's rule is that they have to be the same price unless physical comes with something extra to justify the extra cost.

Source?

also tony is now Jarvis

What? Why would he become a butler?

He means J.A.R.V.I.S.

I haven't read Ironheart yet, but does it occur to AI tony that he can simply take over one of Stark's empty suits and continue his work as Iron-Man?

All of Secret Empire had had AI Tony in a suit, with everyone talking to him as if he was the living and breathing Toby. Spencer didn't bother to change his plot that much after Civil War 2 ended
Hell, one of the first issues (0 or 1) actually had a human eye under the Iron Man suit mask, but Spencer said that was an art error

KEK
E
K

>fuck half the consumer base, muh companywars!

AT&T is buying Time Warner
DC going away is even less likely than Marvel going away if that happens

Fat Slott BTFO!!!!!

>And you actually believed them? Marvel's entire marketing strategy has been hyperbolic BS since the beginning.

I think this is "I expect nothing and I'm still disappointed" far more than "Why didn't they live up to their hype?"

And where is the "Forever" on Marvel's site uh? UH?
MAHVEL WINS AGAIN BABY

this. so much of this. Eurocomics (Italian and France comics in particular)>manga>>>>>>>>>>American comics.

To be fair to Spencer, solicits for the CW2 epilogue written by him suggested Tony would be up and about, but after that Bendis came up with a new ending for the event and got another issue to finish it, so it's probably more of a case of Spencer trying to damage control after Bendis fucked everything up for him.

It's amazing how much aping those old covers really makes great and terrible artists really stand out. The old covers were proven visual ideas typically held back by the print quality of their time. So either the modern artists could tweak things to modernize while keeping everything that works...or just make a pale imitation.

Litterally the only thing interesting was adult Annie Parker

Wonder if Slott feels dismayed or delighted that the book he helped get off the ground, a married Spidey book, was among the first selected to represent the line?

Crohn's Disease Changes Taking A Shit

It's amazing how even after CW2, Bendis just fucks everything up for other writers and just keeps getting away with it.

Is Becky Cloonan still writing it, or did they notice that female slipped through the cracks and got to write an actual series?

Eurocomics being good is a meme, it's either edgy deviantart tier trash or they're aping older comics (either from the US or Europe) and failing miserably. Worst case scenario they're aping manga the only modern illustrated material worth reading and creating nothing but pure unadulterated cringe though I suppose that should fall in the same group as those shit edgy Donald comics.

Here's hoping those Muslims breed out all the cucks in western Europe just so mother Russia can cleanse it all with fire and take it's rightful place on the world stage again.

Not only that, but she was the one who fixed, upgraded and maintained Rhodeys armour.

Tony was having a massive cry in CWII because he blamed himself for not upgrading Rhodey's armor - just imagine how fucking broken Lila would be, since she was the one taking direct responsibility for it. That would have made for some choice comics

>Does a retailer have to stock marvel?
Yeah, they do.
Comic shops aren't exactly big money. They're a very niche business. They gotta stock whatever they can to sell.

No one is more upset at Marvel's current bullshit than comic retailers, because for us it's a hobby - for them it's their livelihood