SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Full Spoilers

After the Battle of New York, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) creates the Department of Damage Control to clean up after superhuman battles, inadvertly forcing Adrian Toomes (Michael Keaton) and his salvage crew out of business. Toomes and his men then decide not to surrender the Chitauri technology they have already scavenged and use it to steal weapons and supply them to criminal enterprises.

Years later, after the Battle of Leipzig, Peter Parker (Tom Holland) is eager to join the Avengers, but is told by Stark that he's not yet ready. Peter is then forced to return to his old life as a student of Midtown Science and Technology School alongside his friends Ned (Jacob Batalon) and Michelle (Zendaya), his rival Flash Thompson (Tony Revolori) and his longtime crush Liz Allan (Laura Harrier). They're members of the school's academic declathon team, but Peter has recently quit to focus on his "internship" at Stark Industries, a cover for his crimefighting activities, despite Aunt May's (Marisa Tomei) objections.

Spider-Man confronts a group of criminals using Chitauri weapons to rob an ATM, but they escape and Ned accidentally finds out his secret identity. Spider-Man later finds Toomes' associates Herman Shultz (Booken Woodbine) and Jackson Brice (Logan Marshall-Green) selling weapons to gangster Aaron Davis (Donald Glover) and intervenes, but Shultz and Brice escape while Peter is nearly killed by the Vulture and rescued by Stark.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/comments/6j3gk2/guy_who_saw_homecoming_here_alright_heres_your/?st=J4ALG7Y2&sh=536ba1da
twitter.com/WilliamBibbiani/status/878420868061216769
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/comments/6j3gk2/guy_who_saw_homecoming_here_alright_heres_your/?st=J4ALG7Y2&sh=536ba1da

Determined to stop the Vulture, Peter and Ned retrieve a Chitauri weapon that Brice had left behind and remove its power core. A tracking device leads Shultz and Brice to Midtown, but Peter and Ned evade them and Peter plants a spider-tracer on Shultz that leads back to Virginia. Peter then rejoins the declathon team and accompanies them to Nationals in Washington, D.C., to follow his lead on Shultz. Peter and Ned disable Peter's suit's tracker and unlock its secret features, including an A.I. interface. Spider-Man then locates Toomes, Shultz and their tinkerer, Phineas Mason (Michael Chernus), intercepting a DDC truck to steal more weapons. Spider-Man confronts the Vulture, but is overpowered and trapped in the truck, missing Nationals and disappointing his friends.

Peter finds out that the Chitauri power core left with Ned is unstable and that his friends are in danger. He manages to escape from DDC's headquarters but is too late to prevent the core from exploding while the team is visiting the Washington Monument, leaving them trapped in a collapsing elevator. Spider-Man manages to climb to the top while evading the police and catch the elevator before it plummets, saving his classmates. Peter later invites Liz to the homecoming dance.

Returning to New York, Spider-Man locates Davis and persuades him to reveal the Vulture's whereabouts. Spider-Man then confronts the Vulture and his men at the Staten Island ferry and captures Brice, but the Vulture escapes by using one of the Chitauri weapons to tear the ferry apart. Iron Man arrives and saves the passengers, but reprimands Peter for his recklessness and takes his suit, forcing Peter to go back to the homemade version. Peter goes to pick up Liz and finds out that Toomes is her father. Toomes deduces that Peter is Spider-Man as well and threatens retaliation if he interferes in his plans again.

Peter realizes Toomes is planning to hijack a DDC plane transporting the Avengers' weaponry from Stark Tower to the team's new headquarters in upstate New York and is forced to leave Liz to stop him. He's ambushed by Shultz at the bus yard, but Shultz is then knocked out by Ned. Spider-Man confronts Toomes in his lair, where Toomes attempts to persuade Peter to his side, claiming that he created his operation to secure Liz's future. Spider-Man is resolute, so the Vulture destroys the building's support beams, trapping Spider-Man under the rubble. Spider-Man manages to wrest himself free and intercept the Vulture. The DDC plane is damaged, but Spider-Man manages to steer it towards an empty area near Coney Island, where he once again fights the Vulture. Toomes' suit is damaged in the process, trapping Toomes in a fire, but Peter rescues him and leaves him for the police.

Liz tells Peter that her mother and her are moving away due to Toomes' arrest and names Michelle as the new president of the declathon team, reveaing her full name as Michelle Jones, although her friends call her "MJ". Peter later visits Stark and declines his invitation to join the Avengers, having realized the importance of being a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Peter returns home to learn that Stark has made him a new suit and puts it on just as Aunt May walks in, and she finds out that Peter is Spider-Man.

In a mid-credits scene, Toomes is locked up in the Raft and approached by another convict, Mac Gargan (Michael Mando), who reveals that several criminals aprehended by Spider-Man are banding together to get revenge. Toomes, however, chooses not to expose Peter's secret identity.

In an after-credits scene, Captain America (Chris Evans) shoots another of several PSA videos that are shown to Midtown's students throughout the school year.

Aunt May discovers Peter's identity as a last second gag

This really bothers me. This should be a big moment that should be explored with a lot of weight, but they're going to skip over it because Infinity Wars. Better than Spider-Man 2 my ass.

This review seems to coincide with this one, but includes more information, like Pepper at the press hearing for Spider-Man and Aunt May cutoff when she says "What the Fu-"

this is gonna be amazeballs

BEST MCU MOVIE YET

>chitauri meme

>Black MJ
Pass

>Friends call her MJ
That really, REALLY pisses me off if true

chitauri this chitauri that

ehhh... it's about what I expected. I'll wait for the HD rip to hit the torrents.

yeah, that shit is lame.

>that after credits scene
But what about what happened in the previous film?

It's the same single source from reddit again?

Nothing about this sounds like Spider-Man at all.

The videos were made right after the Chitauri invasion.

Was just about to say this.
What is this a false facade so no one knows hes a fugitive

no one knows or cares about what happens in the previous movies

Mac Venom or Mac Scoprion, which one are we getting?

You know damn well its going to be Scorpio, stop asking stupid questions

He has a scorpion tattoo on his neck and Venom is soft canon. The answer is obvious.

mac scorpion, who got his abilities from a Chitauri robo arm designed to burp baby Chitauri after they ate their Chitauri meal on their Chitauri spaceship, flying through Chitauri space.

Chitauri.

>couldnt even make mj in name only
Jesus christ which set of hacks did this.
Like if her name was really mary jane watson id be less pissed but this is just some new comer they slapped the nickname mj on

twitter.com/WilliamBibbiani/status/878420868061216769

The only twitter review that isn't going all fanboy.

I wonder if Scorpion will kill Martha in the second movie like he does in the comics.

>Liz Allan
>Peter's high school crush, who he was interested in well before Gwen Stacey or Mary Jane
>newcomer

So are the Raimi films the new baseline for most people's knowledge of Spider-Man now? Are we at the point where Spider-Man fans don't know classic Spider-Man characters are if they haven't appeared in a movie?

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?

Its a slap in the face is what it is.
>"How about instead of Jay Jonah Jameson, its a butch lesbian named Jessica James? Peter can still call her JJ!"
Literally fuck you Sony/Marvel. We went through repeated Osbornes, its been years since Raimi and Dunst's overrated performance, I think we can do Mary Jane fucking Watson again.

the only thing better than seeing this CRUSH Blunder Womynz at the box office both in opening and in breaking actual records is seeing the game DESTROY those godawful Arkham games

Has Liz Allen ever been noticeable? She's like D-List Spider-Man character.

In a mid-credits scene, Toomes is locked up in the Raft and approached by another convict, Mac Gargan (Michael Mando), who reveals that several criminals aprehended by Spider-Man are banding together to get revenge. Toomes, however, chooses not to expose Peter's secret identity.

This bothers me. What's the point of hyping up sinister six if you aren't gonna build up to it properly or at least show it? Fuck you, I wanna see the scorpion solo. All that crap about sony not having a clue and then feige greenlights this.

It's dumb, along with the mj blunder and just about fucking everyone knowing who pete is. Guess the movies finally catched up to the comics, where I just feel like skipping issues.

He's talking about Michelle.

She was one of the main love interests in The Spectacular Spider-Man.

At the very least they could do 2 villains a movie and have the S6 by the third installment. I hope Doc Ock is the one providing the tech at least

Her stepbrother is the Molten Man.

This sounds pretty run of the mill. I'm sure it'll have some typical Marvel humor that wins over the majority and will be a fun watch once, but it doesn't really sound like a rewatchable movie.

This.

So a perfect entry into the MCU. I haven't watched any of the movies more than once except Iron Man 1.

Michelle playfully teases Peter and is clearly harboring a crush on him, which he is oblivious to.

Ned is skilled with computers and defeats Shultz with Peter's webshooters in the bus yard.

Flash is the wealthiest kid in Midtown and resents Peter for often upstaging in in academics. Spider-Man "borrows" his car to pursue the Vulture and ends up wrecking it.

Betty is Liz's best friend and a school reporter.

Toomes is nicknamed "The Vulture" because he scavenges weapons like a Vulture.

Shultz wants to be called "Shocker" and displays interest in getting a suit of his own.

Brice isn't arrested. He's accidentally killed by Toomes with a Chitauri weapon after being kicked off the team for attracting Spider-Man's attention and threatening to go to the authorities.

Davis helps Spider-Man find Toomes because he doesn't want destructive Chitauri weapons in the neighborhood that his nephew lives in.

Stark Tower has been sold to an anonymous buyer and the DDC is moving its equipments to the Compound.

The DDC plane that the Vulture is targeting is transporting, among others, a new Vibranium shield, an Asgardian magic belt, the Hulkbuster, the Mark 42 and crates full of Arc Reactors.

Tony and Pepper are back together. Tony organizes a press conference to introduce Spider-Man as a member of the Avengers, and when Peter declines, he instead uses it to publically propose to Pepper.

Happy is appointed Peter's supervisor. Early on, Peter leaves him numerous "reports" of the petty crimes that he's stopped in hopes of attracting Stark's attention.

Gargan has a scorpion tattoo on his neck, a scar running down his face and surgical pins on his arm.

Stark offers Peter the Iron Spider suit as part of his membership in the Avengers, which Peter declines. The "new" suit he later finds is basically the hight-tech Stark suit stripped of all its tech.

>Tony and Pepper are back together. Tony organizes a press conference to introduce Spider-Man as a member of the Avengers, and when Peter declines, he instead uses it to publically propose to Pepper.
well... at least he didn't retire again

When will critics finally break and say enough of this mediocrity?

talking bout michelle jones

When Disney's wallet runs dry.

never as long as we keep seeing this logo

the other guys will probably get about 3 movies before the critics get sick of them

Thank fuck they're making Donald Glover Prowler.

If they cast him and wasted him in some bit role I would have been so angry. Prowler is literally the only character he should play (other than Miles if he were half the age he is now)

>Stark Tower has been sold to an anonymous buyer

Was it revealed who?

OsCorp

Its not really rushing too much, From this film we already have shocker and Vulture!

"Baxter foundation"/Reed Richards please >.>
I know they still have rights and shit to deal with but If they do the build up long enough, the Future foundation adapting the tower could be a great way to phase in the F4 eventually!

I fucking hope not!

As long as we get to see this happen

>reveaing her full name as Michelle Jones, although her friends call her "MJ"
That's so dumb. I wasn't even one of the babies who were bitching about the possibility, but like, if you're gonna do it then go all the way.

I think having them start out as the future foundation would be a great way to twist it desu. Have them working with people with abilities and tech. They end up getting their powers blah blah and become the F4. Its a perfect time after infinity war to get Johnny storm and Pete as Bros too!

I mean, why even cover it up? Why does it need to be a last minute twist?

I think it could just be Marvel having a different love interest for a bit and then the MJ nickname can be a thing that Pete suggests to the actual real Mary Jane

Kevin, settle down. It's about time you understood that you need someone to check on your shit ideas

>Hey baby can I call you the same name I called my high school girlfriend?
Don't make this worse!

I'd like to think this "MJ" idea was Amy Pascal while Kevin was like....uhhh people aren't gonna like this? Why not just make her Mary Jane?

Ironman in the movie, right?

Yeah I don't get it. Does Mary Jane even exist then? Sounds pointless and stupid.

Not too much
Not yet
He is a dweeb soooo

Nah son, now we're gonna get floods of people saying "inspirational" it is for MJ to be black now, and people taking pictures of their children proudly holding up stuff of MJ.

Jake's about as subtle as The Wall being a sentient wall.

This. Now I'm mad because it's such a spineless move. Also Flash being a nerd pisses me off.

>>MJ, known for being a hot red head, will now be defined by being an afro black girl.

I wouldn't care if she was black as long as it was Mary Jane.

Instead we basically get a ripoff OC villain daughter calling herself MJ. Fucking stupid.

Alright so when will Spider-Man get a new sassy black girl friend and someone like Ned for supporting cast in comics?

>villain daughter
FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME, Liz is the Vulture's daughter. Not MJ.

Ned is already Ganke, but I'm sure Michelle will either appear in Bendis' book, or they will kill off MJ for black MJ.

A Bendis comics.

Why couldnt they get go all the way and make MJ black? At least we would have gotten a Mary Jane.

This feels so fucking cheap and like a knock-off/rip-off character.

I'm more mad that literally, the most iconic part about MJ, her red hair, won't happen, cause it's racist for any non-white person to have any hair color other than black.

I was mad about this but nerd Flash Thompsons and MJ but not Mary Jane took the fucking cake

I WANT TO IMPREGNATE MARISA TOMEI AND NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY

I feel like she was supposed to be MJ but the initial backlash they received made them change their mind.

And what's worse? This will be it from now on. There is no more rebooting. Just going forward. And I can guarantee, this won't be the last one they fuck around with. Leslie Jones as JJJ

YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THEY ARE GOING TO DO THAT!

Who the fuck said that do they forget that balck people can also be natural red heads like what the fuck

>Aunt May knows already
>MJ not MJ
>nerd Flash Thompson
>Liz is Vulture's kid
>no even Uncle Ben namedrop

Go to bed tony

>Leslie Jones
What are you basing this from?

Man, they should at least get Ice Cube.

>Aunt May walks in, and she finds out that Peter is Spider-Man.

Does she fuck him afterwards? This is important.

I'm seriously mad. I know this is just a film and even have made fun of people getting mad at bs like this, hell I stopped reading Marvel and didn't care much for it, but somehow this makes me really mad. Maybe because Raimi's movies got me to see the appeal of comics.
If we have to have a Black JJJ, Terry Cruz wouldn't be so bad, but they'd fuck that up too.

>What are you basing this from?

Sony

* Crews. I'm so mad I'm already writting bullshit

Wich only makes the whole thing much dumber.

I swaer people be doing the most sometimes

*swear*

Except this is literally a 1000x worse than the other two options of not having her and race bending her. Who thinks this a good idea? Who would want this? Comic purists hate it for obvious reasons, SJWs will hate it for not being the real MJ, and the casual audience will be confused as fuck

>>Aunt May knows already
It's worst than that. It's Aunt May knows, and it's all handled off screen. No "I want you out of my house NOW" moment.

Instead, we'll just cut to Aunt May in Spider-man II saying something like "I want you to do your homework before you go out web swinging! The Avengers might let you stay out late, but your grades say otherwise!"
>>Cue audience laughter.

Kind of makes me miss subtle moments like "I heard Spider-Man was there"

This reeks of BvS and SS fan tweets before the official screenings. I don't trust it one bit.

These are actual critics.

You haven't seen black female fans. They will eat this up, posting clips of women crying, and when you disagree, they'll just post gifs of smug black women and sipping tea.

So is there ANY chance they'll backpedal hard on this Not-MJ bullshit and have another actress in the sequel? Why is it so hard to get another Mary Jane? ASM2 cut her out entirely, and now this. Its not like Dunst was this iconic take on the character for Christ sake

>Latino Scoprion
mitebcool

Critics loved Sausage Party and Deadpool too. They aren't used to the Internet giving them crude humor.

>reed and friends suddenly appearing out of nowhere
no way nigga

Sorry son, but this is Spider-Man from now on. Permanently. There will be no more reboot, and this will be the way for the rest of the MCU.

Deadpool was good.

If anything, it feels like a call back to the (second) ultimate Scorpion and another call back to Miles Morales (like Not-Ganke and Aaron Davis)