Those are not your negroes

Dear White People,

I know that you are excited about Black Panther. I know that all the memes that Black Tumblr and Black Twitter are creating are hilarious and wonderful, as is all media we create. After all, it’s already the best Marvel movie ever made, with the most beautiful cast, and the most perfect costumes and special effects.

That being said though… please think long and hard about how you talk about characters in this movie. T’challa is not your bae. Killmonger is not your precious son. Shuri is not your wife. Absolutely none of the characters are your children or your smol anything. Most specifically? The characters AREN’T YOURS.

The language of anti-black racism is often couched in terms of infantilization and ownership. I don’t give a shit if you’re just putting it in tags, be careful how you interact textually and mentally with black characters.

Black Panther is a movie for black people. Sure, a lot of people are going to see it, but this movie is, for many a black nerd, a lifelong dream. It’s ours, and while you get to share it, you don’t get to fucking claim it.

The MCU fandom already turns black characters into mammys and servants and sidekicks for their white favs, and it’s bullshit. You turn black pain into plot points for your white favs. Basically you have a long history of treating black characters like shit, and I’m here to tell you to cut that shit out.

Your white favs do not belong in Wakanda. They don’t belong there in meta, in head canons, in fic. The only reason Buckwheat Barnes gets to be there is because he’s currently being used as a decorative ice sculpture for state dinners. You have literally the rest of the entire fucking MCU, go play in that sandbox and leave Wakanda alone.

Love,

Me, and Black Fans Everywhere Who Are Tired of Your Shit

P.S. I know y’all won’t listen and a bunch of you are gonna get your panties in a twist over this, but let this serve as a letter of notice that I will come for you if I see even a HINT of White Nonsense™ on posts about Black Panther and it’s cast.

Yeah

I hear you

I gotchu
...Kangz.

Sorry nig, but Danai Guira is already my wife too late

Why do I get the feeling it was a white guy who wrote this?

Shut the fuck up, nigger. Just be glad that literally who token characters like T'Challa and Falcon were even allowed to have screen time, much less dialogue.

If we're lucky this thread will be deleted before the rest of Sup Forums wakes up

eh, the way things in hollywood are going, in 15 years they are going to do a movie on MLK Jr and they are going to make him white

It's already a meme, ready to be reposted time immortal.

If we were lucky this planet would be deleted before I woke up.

Hey anons, don't be chumps, and keep in mind this is garbage tumblr copypasta.

No-one wants to see this gay movie, nerd

Your hero was created by a white Jew from New York. Sit your ass down.

>I will come for you

I am not sure how to interpret this. What does it mean?

Like that matters. They'll still respond to it seriously.

I just want it to be good, can't we all enjoy capeshit together?

No.

Maybe if it came out in 2014

Not on Sup Forums.

Maybe with your friends, or with friends of friends, or even with family. But no. Not Sup Forums, never on Sup Forums.

Nigger Nigger Nigger

Ok but what if The black panther was white?

>made by 2 white guys

What the fuck is wrong with black people? Slavery ended 150 years ago.

yeah yeah yeah

fuck off regardless of if this is Sup Forums baiting or general shitposting or legitimate tumblr bullshit.

White millennials happened

>((((white)))

BE HUMBLE.

His head looks weirdly photoshopped.

Ok, time to play once again "Who's behind this post?"
Is it Sup Forums? Or is it Sup Forums?
Take your pic

cuz it is.

marvel posters are bad 70 percent of the time