Are we ever getting British Betsy back? She's superior to the ninja slut in every regard

Are we ever getting British Betsy back? She's superior to the ninja slut in every regard.

I doubt it.

Honestly, JPsy is so ingrained in modern (casual) culture I'm surprised they haven't tried to retcon her as a natural Japanese adooted by the Braddocks.

They should have used Secret Wars to make both Betsy and Brian half Japanese

They're already half-fairy. That'd make them half Japanese, half British and half fae. Which is a bit too much.

Half-Japanese Quarter-British Quarter-Fae

And one's a mutant ninja

People forget that Betsy was blonde.

All Britbongs should be gassed to death.

I'm kind of picturing her as a fae assassin.

psylocke is a shit character and always has been

OI M8

BIN THAT GASS

It would be great if Psylocke talked like this.

>OI MAGNETO U HAVEN A GIGL M8
>ILL CUT YOU I SWEAR ON ME MUM

>YOU DON'T WANNA START WIF ME
>I'M FUCKING MILLWALL MATE

Why would upper class Psylocke speak like a pleb?

Upper class heroes are so passe.

New Psylocke should be a working class child of asian immigrants

How would she in any way associate with the aristocratic Captain Britain then?

She's obviously fucking him.

Armored Betsy still is the best Betsy

I'm reading AoA for the first time and they keep having characters get really confused and surprised by the existence of an asian lady with a brit accent. I actually facepalmed.

I'm pretty sure, that even back in the dim past of 1995- even here in Murrica we knew there were asian people in the UK. It's fucking retarded.

Cringe

It's basically like this:

Armored Betsy > Alan Davis "cute" Betsy > Cap Britain Betsy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any and all AZN ninja slut Betsys

The technical term is "slumming it."

There would have been a whole lot more if the Hong Kong plan went ahead, where they wanted to literally move the entirety of Hong Kong's population to the UK.

Her parents are cheap immigrant labor that look after their property.

I miss British Betsy, too. She kept Jean in check.

I'm not sure anyone at Marvel remembers that Betsy is a British woman's mind in a Japanese woman's body.

My lord, you may have discovered the formula for the perfect Jpop Star.

Is Betsy giving Jean an orgasm? WAS IT RAPE?

No more than Jean going around and mind raping Emma or turning Bobby gay.

>Psylocke blasting people with the gay.

Well, we know where Jean got her forced gay conversion fetish from now.

>it's a Claremont episode

Acknowledging that would give up some diversity points. Psylocke is asian, not a white british aristocrat. *Of course* they're never going to mention that again.

Same with how Ororo used to be a weird hodge-podge of racial features. Cant have your premiere black character having white facial features and asian eye folds, and cats eyes.

Huh. Someone actually likes that godawful armor Betsy wore for awhile. Funky.

It's a Claremont issue, every telepath has the power to turn others gay

As if the casuals that diversity pandering is directed at even know who Psylocke is. Plus she's in the X-Men and Marvel doesn't give a shit about their public perception now that they have the Inhumans

Psylocke needs to fuck teen Jean up now. Use her telepathy to turn Jean into a hardcore furry or something.

Marvel's newest romance comic: Jean Grey loves Squirrel Girl.

Jean loves Rocket Raccoon

Claremont doesn't write heterosexuals. Everyone is gay/lesbian in his comics.

Jean has a thing for furry/animal dicks. Back when Beast first went furry and blue, she put out a bounty on Beast dick pics.

Only if MCU suddenly found they could get away with using Captain Britain and Pre-X-Men Betsy.

Jesus Emma put some goddamn clothes on

I don't know Psylocke very well. Is she the one where a British psychic got her brain switched with a dead Japanese ninja to gain ninja powers because the writer was told he had to write about superheroes instead of ninjas?

Yes and no.

Betsy was the twin sister of Captain Britain who had vague as hell psychic powers. She was also pretty much super plain looking and had brownish blond hair.

She appeared a couple of times when Chris Claremont wrote the original Cap Britain series, but vanished when the ongoing was canceled and Captain Britain started running as a back-up strip written by other writers.

Alan Moore and Alan Davis brought her back, but Alan Davis decided to change Betsy from a mousy type to a literal double of his waifu, British pop star Kate Bush. Also, for no good reason, Davis gave her purple hair. Alan Moore meanwhile decided to make Betsy a secret agent for the British government; part of a group of telepathic spies who were being hunted down by organized crimeboss Vixen (who was an Alan Moore creation: an evil version of "Ms Slocombe" from Are You Being Served).

>>continued

Betsy had generic powers and shit and ultimately, ended up taking over the Captain Britain role when her brother refused to work exclusively for the British government. She got her eyes gouged out on her first mission though, on orders from Vixen via Slaymaster (an assassin villain who also murdered Betsy's boyfriend in the Moore run).

Captain Britain killed Slaymaster and Betsy retired until she got kidnapped by Mojo and given new bionic eyes. The New Mutants and Captain Britain saved her and she ended up joining the X-Men (never knowing her bionic eyes were allowing Mojo to spy on the X-Men so he could broadcast their exploits).

The initial stories where Betsy joined the X-Men were drawn by Alan Davis, who under orders from Claremont, created a distinct visual effect for Betsy's now fully defined psychic powers: a butterfly image effect that appeared when she used her powers (which Claremont refined to making her similar to Xavier's power). Mark Silvestri meanwhile gave her an armor suit to wear, cause Betsy had no real defensive power.

The whole ninja body switch didn't happen like you said: Claremont had pitched a storyline where Wolverine would be brainwashed by the Hand but it was rejected by his editor (who was becoming more and more dracionian in meddling with Claremont's plotlines). So he gave the plotline to Betsy, with guest artist Jim Lee drawing asian Betsy. The irony is that Claremont never really expected the plotline to catch on, but Lee's version of Asian Psylockes became a huge hit and he was basically stuck with it.

Huh, thank you.

she's good for nothing but tits and ass

>Claremont doesn't write heterosexuals. Everyone is gay/lesbian in his comics.
Gay, lez, furry, robosexual....