So, what is Sup Forums's consensus on this show?

So, what is Sup Forums's consensus on this show?

Flawed, but it would have deserced another season.

I liked it.

It was alright.
It had a scantily clad dominating yandre, which is always a plus.

I thought Lady Shiva was better.

Not the best Batman cartoon. Compared to all of the previous incarnations, I say it's the worst but it's still not terrible. I still think it at least deserved a second season.

I really wanted to see the Ten-Eyed-Man and Killer Moth episodes happen too. I still think a Batman cartoon that mostly used the more obscure villains rather then the big wigs like Joker and Two-Face could've worked.

You can tell they were desperate to keep the show alive when they started using the more well known villains like Two Face despite the original idea of the show being "obscure characters only".

The crew took some time to get an idea what they were doing. It had potential and probably could have really shaped up with one more season.

>You can tell they were desperate to keep the show alive when they started using the more well known villains like Two Face despite the original idea of the show being "obscure characters only".

That's not how television works. Seasons are produced in a vacuum from reception, and considering how early Ra's and Dent were foreshadowed, they were probably always part of the plan.

Anyways, I really enjoyed it and wanted to see more. The Outsiders sounded promising and I was curious to see their take on Two-Face and Penguin. Also, more obscure villains like Ratcatcher and KGBeast would've been neat.

cartoon network got away with murder desu

also best version of Professor Pyg

Premeditated murder as well, considering they did a horrible job promoting it and killed it after nine episode, and banished it from the channel until Toonami had to step in, and even that was messed with.

YJ at least had a poor-selling toy line and GL:TAS had a failed movie excuse. What killed Beware?

I dunno about best, but him and Toad made me miss the Circus of the Strange as a whole.

>first appearance has Batman and Katana struggling to land one hit on her
>a few episodes later, Batman solos her

I hated how inconsistent Batman was in this series.

>I hated how inconsistent Batman was in this series.

To be fair, Batman was pretty much the same in B:TAS: he could solo waves of ninjas, but would have trouble with a regular mook or two.

I wasn't fond of how they phased out Shiva in favor of Ra's, though, or her being a LoA lieutenant. I hope she went rogue after he was defeated.

Wasn't Snyder fired not too long after the show finished airing?

I remember them mentioning that they would "start" with obscure characters, and then do some famous ones like Joker and Penguin. Only Penguin was teased, though.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the last straw.

I started very skeptical, but it grew on me quite a bit and I was sad to see it go.

Eh, not really, but I do like his costume. Since Pyg changes outfits in the comics all the time, I wouldn't mind if he went with a more dapper outfit from time to time.

How would you go about making someone like Ten-Eyed Man or Killer Moth into threatening villains? The thing is, the show didn't make their obscure villains into jokes.

It's not really much of a difference when CN treats DC shows only barely better.

>Deathstroke's legit grievance and the twist.
>Harvey Dent not being a guy who liked Batman but rather being the one who wanted to lock him up more than anyone so as to kickstart a mayoral run.
>Dent's slow turn
>Pyg & Toad banter
>Anarky becoming a pretty great foil
>Batman forming connections with his villains (i.e. Magpie) knowing full well that he shouldn't be.
>Alfred burning Deathstroke acknowledging that he went too far.
>Katana not knowing how to feel about Jason Burr.
>The fights.

I fucking loved that show.

What a retarded design those tiny ears would never be able to support his weight.

They shouldn't have played Anarky straight as not-Joker. Dude should've been a joke, someone who tries desperately to be the "I AM CRAZY BUT VERY SMART BATMAN" archetype but is ultimately soundly defeated and humiliated never to appear on the show again.

I would've agreed with you if not for the way Anarky was portrayed for the second half of the season. Anarky was great.

Boring. Just felt like an obligatory Batman cartoon without anything really to stand out. Hell, even that piece of shit The Batman at least "tried" to do things differently instead of just being a doormat.

I think I missed that.

Also I know this was just in the wake of the one dark knight rises shooting but the decision to make all the guns 'pulse guns' when the entire point of the show is to be a 'grounded' retro batman is just... Come on.

>Deathstroke's legit grievance

Which one was it?

He was a bit of a joke. Most of the time, he would meddle on larger plots, sit back, and enjoy the show(League of Assassins, Dent, Deathstroke), but he was never a Big Bad. Maybe the most recurring villain, though.

Really? Because I felt the opposite. Beware had a lot of things that made it stand out (CGI, obscure villains, Outsiders instead of the usual Batfam, Barbara as Oracle instead of Batgirl, heroic Man-Bat, serialized storytelling), while The Batman had more shallow changes to the typical Bat-Mythos.

It was an executive order by WB, not something the showrunners wanted to do.

>orca never showed up

It's okay, user. This year is the Year of the Orca.