Kek

Kek

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NqXVMeiNars?t=131
youtube.com/watch?v=dHg50mdODFM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I could count the number of unique objects in that flash animation on one hand.

ACTION CARTOON

what is he even trying to do?

>this thread again

Leave Starfag, you lost!

Reminds me of this

>The state of cartoon network

When the axe hits the shield is good but every other hit in that animation has all the weight and impact of tissue paper landing freshly fallen snow. It's all fluidity with no force.

It's a person with the ability to go weightless fighting a bunch of holograms, it's intentionally supposed to look light and floaty.

>guest animator

HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER!?

Want more?

>O, My Balloon nen

>dem sword smears
But yeah, this is one of the greatest scenes in the show, animation wise.
A shame scenes like this are so incredibly rare.

There are so few actual action shots like this in the show. There's that, Pearl vs Amethyst, that one time Garnet fought that tentacle monster for a two seconds, and MAYBE Steven vs Amethyst.

I think the light fluid movements make sense in that sequence, because in the beginning she's just parrying, and when she hits the holograms with her sword it goes through them anyway
I agree that this one feels too weightless though.

If this get's posted 7 more times with in 3 weeks I'm going to actually murder you.

So they stop becoming good at there newer episodes.

>Being smug about a show where we praise the artists for being competent for once

>shakycam and motion blur

>Your Pokemon adventure starts now

/thread

>smug

Is that what you call posting examples of good animation every-time you post the same webm from that one fight

This webm () was from the beginning of last season. We're only like five episode into this one so it's hard to say if shittier animation is becoming an actual trend or not yet.

For a cartoon that prides itself heavily for being influenced at anime, they sure as hell suck at one of the core components that defines it.

>He thinks this is good

Holy shit, that's embarrassing for you. That fucking spin Garnet does made me laugh from how retarded it looked.

I'm not sure about the weight in the second sequence.
Look closely and Connie's first strike is a clear miss, the following one Pearl deflects, mostly near the hilt. She does not budge at all, though. Why? Because she is attacked by a little girl. Pearl is still a Gem and would have a tone more force. Like, have you seen that shot where she punts a boulder aside mid-air? Connie's swings are weak in comparison and a deflect only deals with a fraction of the impact force, which is the entire point of deflecting.
Then you see Pearl swing at Steven and that's where the big impact is sword on shield, sparks flying but Steven won't move because he actually has strength like a Quartz.
That's naturally hard to square with the fight between Connie and Topaz where Connie is clearly far stronger than she should be.

For people who are actually into drawing and animation, off model characters are with the sacrifice for smooth animation with actual drawn characters.

Damn, if you're gonna defend the few times the show actually has decent animation, at least post actual examples of it.

QUALITY

>comparing Wakfu to anything else

really?

There's a difference between slightly off-model and severe lack of quality control.

It's especially shameful because Sugar redesigned and simplified the characters from their pilot designs because she didn't want the artists to struggle drawing in her style. Unfortunately, half her staff is full of mediocre artists where even two crutches and leg braces is not enough to help them walk without walking into a wall.

>S-Steven Universe is good I swear!
>Shows an example of an actual show with competent fights
>THAT DOESN'T COUNT

Can Sup Forumsutists really not recognize good animation? You guys always post that one out of context still from one of the few episodes that actually looks really good (albeit highly stylized).

It certainly does not pertain to your point about anime.

Steven Universe is more successful than that show because everyone is wrong except you.

You are very special.

>that initial run up to eachother
>the way the younger guy weightlessly slides back all over the place when he gets thrown

Was that supposed to be good?

It seems like too many people want to have eat their cake and have it too. When making a television show you can either have great detail but shit animation or great animation but not much detail. It seems that people don't really understand that.

Personally I would just about always have better and more fluid animation because otherwise I could just go read a comic-book. (I'm looking especially at you Once Piece goddamnit)

>what is serialization
>what is storyboarding/puppets/rigging/fucking animation

Nigga stfu. And Motorcity was garbage.

Of course it looks bad when you have the CN watermark and you can also see artifacts. Look at the same scene in true HD and you'll see a world of difference, I guarantee it.

can you link the scene?

this doesn't look good at all

it probably had a cool storyboard but this doesn't look right in motion

I said Steven was anime INFLUENCED, just like Wakfu, just like a lot of elements in Motorcity, just like most Western animated fights. And yet despite being so influenced by anime, SU completely fucks up core elements about it outside of just bad references and tracing over existing scenes as a "homage". You'd think with how big of weebs half the crew is, they'd try to do the production a little closer to anime or Sugar would've at least hired one or two people who could board out good fights rather than hiring ten people who can trace over Ghibli tears really well.

>W-well my show wasn't cancelled, so I win!
Pathetic.

>Motorcity garbage
>Steven Universe great
I'd hate to know what other shit taste you have.

>3 spins during 4 seconds

Stevonnie is a sin against nature and every time I see it i get uncontrollably angry.

youtu.be/NqXVMeiNars?t=131

thanks!

That's how it works. If it's successful and earns money that means it's good. I'm sorry you don't understand how animation as business works.

This really feels like a parody fight that OK KO would have. Is this suppose to be serious or a joke scene? The animation around 4:10 is a hell of a lot better than most SU stuff in this thread.

Also for people wondering, OP's shot shows up around 3:17.

Yeah, Minions is probably one of the best animated features out there. Sure a hell of a lot better than shit like Kubo or Iron Giant.

>Is this suppose to be serious or a joke scene?

Neither? It's supposed to be lighthearted and "triumphant" in a sense. Two characters joined together and are now curb-stomping a villain that they could barely touch before. I suppose it's closer to being "jokey" rather than serious in tone.

Not a fair example. They shot themselves in the foot with that awful fucking air balloon design for Smoky because "muh fat acceptance so progressive". That fight and design had /sug/ in a rage. Most fights in SU are much better, I can only name one that's as bad: the Connie vs Jasper fight.

That's not the guest animated scene

ILL TRY SPINNING THATS A GOOD TRICK

>Nips make quality animation

Shit physics.

This.

heh

Neck yourself

Even the Japanese agree this is absolute shit.

In America though, this would be par for the course for a cartoon.

That looks bretty gud to be quite honest family

It's a fan animation. Pic related too.

Even if they weren't well animated, it's kind of upsetting how much more creative fan animators are when it comes to utilizing a characters powers in a fight than the official crew is, whose main fall back is "spinning".

user you're making a huge mistake if you're watching the Berserk anime over the manga.

That shit animation is enough to bring down even the greatness of Berserk. It's one of the few animation styles I truly can not stand

It was all for mere curiosity. I fucking stopped when first season aired and got to the part with those cg skeletons. And plus all the crappy animated parts keep popping up everywhere i go.

It's hand-drawn,

poorly, I might add.

Wait a minute, I've seen this before

The fact that her arms and legs had extensions lends some legitimacy to her shrinkage, but they took it too far.

That actually looks really good in context ya dip.

>grotesque, off-model animation for what is supposed to be a serious fight
>good

>on model enough to still keep the characters recognizable while allowing the animators enough freedom to cut loose
>great fluidity and sense of weight, decent enough physics given the source material

You can shit on Naruto all you want, half the time I'll probably join you, but it does have it's moments where it shines animation wise, and that was one of them.

Oh stop being such a hard ass. Those are good animations for american tv standards.

But it doesnt save the show in the least

YAAS

SLAY

>bragging about guest animator's animation

Good animation is animation that looks good in motion. If you can't use every individual frame as a wallpaper, that doesn't mean it's badly animated.
Steven Universe's problem isn't that it's off model. It's that it lingers on off model frames long enough for you to notice.

>2nd webm
>guest animator

???

Why does SU suck so goddamn much? Literally nothing happens in the show. Think about how the show started to where it is now. Have there actually been any events that mattered? It's all muh emotions, crying, and telling everyone not to be mean. It honestly feels like this is a show for little girls. Literally MLP tier

Oh wait, were you honestly saying that the second one was well animated? Holy shit. I could see Pearl hover over some of that floor/ And a lot of those sword swings don't look like they even connected. There's a lot wrong with it I haven't even named.

>Have there actually been any events that mattered?

You must've stopped watching the show a long time ago, from the last "bomb" alone:

>A character died and was resurrected, gaining new powers.
>A conspiracy involving the death of pink diamond was teased
>More information on Rose Quartz
>More information on Homeworld
>Steven got a new power

To be fair on the Connie vs Topaz fight, Topaz's goal was to take Connie prisoner to put her in a zoo, and squishing her like a grape would just make her job harder.

>it's only good because it was a guest animator!
>j-just kidding, it's actually bad!

user pls

The movies are good, in spite of the cg. I might even prefer the movies' eclipse sequence to the manga.

When are you going to post good animation?

lol

Not that other user but

>A character died
For literally like, ten seconds.

>A conspiracy involving the death of pink diamond was teased
More shit to put on the shelf for later.

>More information on Rose Quartz
That's the same as the second bullet point, don't make them separate to make it look like more is happening.

>More information on Homeworld
No there wasn't. Of the arc we spent in Homeworld, we got only one decent shot of it while the remaining was spent in a pitch black trial room and an abandoned kindergarten that looked like the one on Earth.

>Steven got a new power
I'll give you that, but now I'm going to take points away by revealing how that power ends up being the backstory for lion who turns out to be nothing special at all. I'm sure Steven's resurrection power won't come into play again for another season and a half, much like his healing spit and how he still doesn't give a shit about trying to heal corrupted gems, apparently.

>For literally like, ten seconds.
Cool how you left out the other half of the sentence. Why even do that?

>More shit to put on the shelf for later.
I mean, what did you want? Should they just reveal everything up front? You realize most serial media has ongoing mysteries that are gradually solved over time, right?

>No there wasn't.
Were you somehow aware that there would be a judicial system, massive kindergartens, and reject fusion holdouts? How?

Kill yourself. Doesn't even merit a proper response.

SILKY SMOOTH 60 FPS

>Cool how you left out the other half of the sentence. Why even do that?
Because the character dying and being brought back within a ten second span is way less interesting and truthful than "character dies and is resurrected, isn't that cool!?". Ignoring the fact that it was already leaked and predicted that Lars would die, the audience barely even had the time to let his death settle in to actually be impactful. It'd be more accurate to say, "Oh, and Lars is pink and has Lion's powers now" than Lars dies and is brought back to life.

>I mean, what did you want?
We're on our fourth fucking season and so far we know that: Rose rebelled, she shattered pink diamond, actually someone might have aided her in shattering pink diamond. That's an insane slow drip of information we're getting. Fuck, we have more Sadie episodes than we do information about Rose's role in the rebellion episodes.

>Were you somehow aware that there would be a judicial system
Which will most likely NEVER going to come up again. It was most likely only there as a setup for the Rose reveal and will be forgotten about and irrelevant from here on out. That's like saying if we saw some gems at a drive-thru getting take-out that we're "learning more things about Homeworld!".

>massive kindergartens
Yes, because it was already mentioned that's how gems are made? They aren't unique to Earth. It's been mentioned over and over Homeworld is running out of resources and gems being made there are less powerful, of course there would be kindergartens.

>and reject fusion holdouts
It's just a kindergarten repurposed. They didn't have some secret underground rebellion with their own radio station and propaganda posters strung around. It was just new characters in hiding who are only really there to add to the roster for later.

Don't try to deny that SU has a bad habit of getting close to something actually happening only to furiously hit the brakes and say "we'll get back to it later".

>just assuming its flash animation

It's not bait. It is what logically follows from the argument that financial success or popularity is a determinent of quality.

Is the tentacle monster mouth suppose to look just like an anus? It's even colored like one, what the hell.

feels weightless

they worked for this part
youtube.com/watch?v=dHg50mdODFM

You froze a split second. At least show the the 24 frames that make up a second. No one here as shown the numerous shitty still frames in SU. Because animation isn't about singular frames.

>amethyst running carrying steven
>her body is moving
>steven isn't
>don't feel the punches or impacts
>garnet punches that thing in its anus

Are SUFags the worst when it comes to defending the quality of their show?