You MUST post in this thread if you've ever been an asshole to someone like Scott Pilgrim

You MUST post in this thread if you've ever been an asshole to someone like Scott Pilgrim.

You're not Scott Pilgrim. That American girl with the colorful hair never loved you. That Asian girl was too good for you.

i dated a rebellious/sheltered Asian chick in community college, her parents didn't want her dating apparently (i didn't know that at the time though)

I think all's swell and good and suddenly her parents are coming back early and she told me to jump the fence

she kept texting me even months later and I never talked to or saw her again

Here's a question for you: let's say you're the model of a good boyfriend. You do nice things for your girl, you support her emotionally and physically, you dote on her and constantly tell her how much you love her (because you do), even when you two have a fight. On the whole, you do what you can to be the perfect man in her life.

Then one day, you slip up. Maybe you got drunk and some girl who stalked you finally found her opportunity. Maybe you were having a sexuality crisis and someone just happened to be there to take advantage of you. Hell, maybe you were just curious and you made several mistakes that lead to one of the biggest mistakes you'll ever made. However it happened, you cheated on your girl.

Does that one incident, that one mistake, make you a bad boyfriend? Does a one-time slip-up negate all the good you did for her?

>You're not Scott Pilgrim.
I play bass and had a long string of very very short lived relationship failures. Not sure who's heart was broken more mine or theirs.

You tell me.

Did you have a Lisa?

I hope you fucking die in a hole.

No but it may be indicative of you being a repeat offender in the future, which is why a big fuck up is harder to move on from than lots of smaller less harmful fuck ups.

Either gender this applies. A less caring partner who doesn't cheat on you is more desirable. Cheating is the ultimate fuck you.

No. I had a Ramona and a Knives and a Kim though.

Currently happening. Slow death please take me now.

yes because if you were a good boyfriend who actually cared about her you wouldnt have made that mistake in the first place

That depends.
are you still faithful to your original? Do you have general thoughts on the girl you cheated with? Do these thoughts invoke emotional responses?

I wouldn`t say one bad negates a bunch of good, but rather one bad might make your relationship slightly more volatile. You need to find some way to ease your conscious (if you haven`t already) by positive means. (like confessing and trying to work through it, counselling, etc etc) Otherwise shit will slowly start to hit the fan.

Or you can ignore it, pray no one ever finds out, keep on fucking girls and go for broke. Your call.

How many of you have a Stacey in your lives?

I've been an asshole but not quite like Scott. Then again I don't have the good looks or personality to be able to pull off a move like that so maybe I'd be capable of such a dick move with the appropriate tools.

I could have had a Knives of my own, but I fucked up and now I have nothing.

Nah, I'm a good boyfriend in that regard.

I dated with a 17 yo as a 20something though, she was super into me and I wasn't that much into her so we parted ways and no fucks were given.

I'm ashamed to say I was like Scott when I was a teenager and into college. I thought I was smarter than everyone else and acted like I was the main character of the Earth. I even actually loved the Scott Pilgrim comic and related to Scott, and most people I knew compared me to him, and my girlfriend to Ramona.

It wasn't until much later when I was maturing that I realized that the comic was a condemnation of that type of person, not a power fantasy. The whole thing was an exploration of the mindset of that type of person. I'm sure O'Malley was like that when he was younger as well which is where he got the inspiration.

Nah I was always a loser.
I've never been loved and no one ever wanted me.
I've never been in a position to hurt anyone like that.

We've all had at least one moment like this.

I'm pretty much Scott to a T except I can't play an instrument for shit, I can't fight, girls hate me, and people don't give me free shit.

Fuck you.

I can't get hot girls so I use ugly and fat girls for sex.

I'm getting better, but I've hurt a lot of people who were close to me. Don't really have anything else to add. Maybe posting in this thread will help in some cosmic way.

moooooooooot

yeah i've been an asshole, plenty of times, looking back at it makes me a bit depressed.

I'll have you know that no girl has ever been interested in my uggo self.

mooooooooot

I've been the Scott Pilgrim to someone's Knives before. Every now and then I still feel a little bad about it, but then I remember it's not like it would work anyway since she was still in high school.

Violet if you're reading this, I'm sorry.

hi dj

If you feel a connection to Scott on any level, at any point while reading that mediocre ass comic, you are not a good person. You have no redeeming qualities, and should kill yourself to spare those around you the pain that your continued existence brings them on a daily basis.

I had a Ramona and am currently dating a weird fusion of Kim and Envy. Had a Knives I really hurt. Had a Lisa too, its eerie how close the comparison is

i find it hard to reread scott pilgrim since the last time i read it because it reminds me too much of my own life.

one of my exes was eerily like ramona, down to the hair, personality, and even speech mannerisms. i brought it up to her once and even she was aware of it.

we broke up because i was clingy and weird and looking back i really wasn't a good person. so i promised myself that i wouldn't get into a romantic relationship until i was happy with the person i was.

a later ex was like knives. asian highschooler (although to be fair i was barely out of highschool myself). smitten with me.but as time went on i found that i didn't like her enough to date her. i stayed too long and lead her on. at that point i realized i broke my promise to myself and broke up with her, partly out of a lack of interest and partly out of guilt.

so i'm just trying to be a better person now. trying not to rush into life. learning and creating. every time i run into 'ramona' she says i look hotter and calls me an idiot. so i guess that's some progress.

i can share more if u guys want, its a quiet evening tonight.

it's all a part of growing up i think. u hurt people and people hurt you, and either u come out of it a better person or it makes u bitter. i have to remind myself to choose the former every single day. i don't want to die having hurt others more than i've helped.

Kill yourself.

Damn, you need to take an English class, nigga.

yea im a pretty bad writer lol

It really isn't something to laugh at, but I'm glad you didn't erupt into childish anger like most idiots.
Kudos.

i think it's just how i think that makes it hard for me to communicate. people say that i'm smart but that the things i say or write don't make sense.

outside of computer stuff or art i'm probably pretty stupid.

Then work on it.
You don't even have to do much, just pay attention to how other people type and converse and you'll pick it up in no time.
I believe you can do it.

>cucked a girl with her friend and did stuff online with both of them while "dating" her
>can't believe I used to be such a terrible person
>it was during my freshman year of high school and they were both younger than me so it's even grosser in hindsight

Not him but it's not really that easy when you don't really have anyone to talk to and it's not like you can just kind of try to watch people out in public.

He talks to people here, he can see how we type.
After all, we're always here.

As for people-watching, I do it.
Get some sunglasses and a book and you can sit on a bench watching them for as long as you want.
Excuses are unnecessary, everything has a solution.

>Shitty bassist
>Just moved out of his gay roommate's place
>Instead of attracting girls by being a dick, I've pushed every girl away who might have ever had feelings for me
>Notorious freeloader
>Actively try to forget parts of my life I'd rather not remember
>One of my nicknames in high school was actually Black Scott Pilgrim
This is fucking lame. I get all the bullshit parts of Scott's life and none of the good parts.

>all these people assuming "being an asshole like scott" is only about the cheating
I mean, maybe I'm interpreting things wrong, but Scott was terrible in a lot of (unintended) ways, and I think it's pretty easy to relate.

As terrible as that might be.

yea it's a constant effort. although these days people are a lot more friendly to me than even 2, 3 years ago so at least i know i'm getting somewhere.

the biggest thing that's helped me so far was actually going to smash bros tournaments. being forced to meet a new set of equally-awkward teenagers and college students every time i wanted to play a match was enlightening.

damn, dude :(

>Then one day, you slip up. Maybe you got drunk and some girl who stalked you finally found her opportunity. Maybe you were having a sexuality crisis and someone just happened to be there to take advantage of you. Hell, maybe you were just curious and you made several mistakes that lead to one of the biggest mistakes you'll ever made. However it happened, you cheated on your girl.

This is ridiculous because it makes it sound like cheating just happens to you. It's always a choice. You don't just slip and find your dick in someone's pussy.

In all of those scenarios you could have refused but didn't. If you don't have the strength to do that, you aren't "the model of a good boyfriend".

Wait, are you asking if we've been asshole in the manner Scott was, or if we've been an asshole TO someone who is like Scott?

>Maybe you got drunk and some girl who stalked you finally found her opportunity. Maybe you were having a sexuality crisis and someone just happened to be there to take advantage of you. Hell, maybe you were just curious and you made several mistakes that lead to one of the biggest mistakes you'll ever made.

No dude, is your fault and you acted like a shitty boyfriend.
Any of those sound like a bad excuse, I mean ''sexuality crisis''??? wew

>I thought I was smarter than everyone else and acted like I was the main character of the Earth.

Scott didn't think he was smarter than everyone, though. He thought he was just a cool, easygoing dude who was just nice and got along with everyone.

>>cucked a girl with her friend and did stuff online with both of them while "dating" her
>online
what?

>(unintended)
what did he mean by this?

I never dated anyone.

I might have been an autistic little shit, but at least I wasn't fucking Scott Pilgrim.

user, i will tell you to your face that good boyfriends can do this and go through that and not fuck someone else

>I mean, maybe I'm interpreting things wrong, but Scott was terrible in a lot of (unintended) ways, and I think it's pretty easy to relate.

Nah, like OP's pic says he cheated on girlfriends and treated them like shit. It's hard to claim that cheating on people is unintentionally shitty.

>Maybe you got drunk and some girl who stalked you finally found her opportunity.

What does that mean, she raped you?

>Maybe you were having a sexuality crisis and someone just happened to be there to take advantage of you.

What does that mean, he raped you?

Because if not then you chose to have sex with that person.

I spent about five or six years with no higher ambition than chasing as much tail as I can manage, but now I've been in a relationship for four years and I'm confident that none of those women give me even a moment's thought in their day-to-day lives. The emotional twinge of guilt that I used to have over using other people as human props to inflate my own sense of worth has basically faded into a feeling of irrelevance and obscurity.

Oh no, I meant he's done a lot of shitty things, not JUST the cheating; everyone seemed focused on the cheating.

Because it's a pretty big thing. In fact in some ways it might have been better had he not been a cheater because it so overshadows anything else he did.

Your past mistakes are not your fate, but distractions on the road of life. Stay the course, but be honest with your girl. Hiding it is deception, you need to be honest about that.

Why are you all such shitty people?

Being young only accounts for so much.

I've never hurt anyone near the level that Scott did. This isn't even me trying to brag about my life anonymously on the internet, I legitimately can't think of a single time where I can look back and say "I fucked up and was at fault the whole time."
If anything, I was the one getting hurt the whole time, and everyone else involved ended up better off than me.

This is fucking bullshit I want a redo on high school and college

Yeah, but in being honest you have to be prepared for the consequences. If you betrayed her trust you aren't owed forgiveness just by being honest about it.

He's saying he got drunk one one occasion and fucked another chick, then on a separate occasion he was sober but thinking he might like dick so he sucked off a dude

That's my point: things don't just happen unless you were raped. You chose to cheat, you're not a good partner. It's always a choice.

loads of reasons. i could blame my upbringing, the people i hung out with never calling me out, my ego. but i'd rather move on and try to be better than who i was in the past.

>I legitimately can't think of a single time where I can look back and say "I fucked up and was at fault the whole time."
>If anything, I was the one getting hurt the whole time, and everyone else involved ended up better off than me.

thats honestly hard to believe. it just sounds like you dont have self awareness. or maybe you let people use you. i'm just an user tho, what do i know?

Well I mean being sober and sucking a dude off because you're not sure if you're a huge fag definitely sounds like a choice, just a really retarded one

I mean it's pretty clear he's retarded if he needs to gobble some dude's cock to be sure he isn't actually into cock

this

>sexuality crisis
So what you, fucked a guy and a girl?

That's true. But sometimes if you are dedicated to being the best partner you can be, it means honesty.

I think he means he was terrified that he might have some attraction to guys and fucked a girl out of sheer reflex as if it could disprove it.

Which the world could use a lot more of, honestly.

I don't understand people who drink, especially recreationally.
I've seen it ruin too many people be it pickling their liver, car accidents or simple mishaps.
I view alcohol as literal poison that humanity has been imbibing for centuries.
I'd ironically love to be a bar tender if not for the fact that I hate talking to most people and drunks especially.
I subscribe to Bar-Times and my favorite mobile game is Bar Oasis.

The very typical scenario you described brings up questions of
>Did the other party know the boyfriend had a girlfriend?
>Why wasn't the girlfriend with the boyfriend if he's such a great boyfriend?
>Why didn't the boyfriend or the other party have friends that stopped them?
>What kind of sad asshole drinks alone?
>Was there a friend who was also a drunk asshole?
>Does the Boyfriend have really shitty taste in friends?

Scott has selective memory.
To me it is his defining characteristic.
It degrades him as a protagonist on an incredible level.
The movie therefor had a Scott Pilgrim that worked well for a movie audience.

If it's a recurring issue it's not really that helpful.
If you're actually gay you're wasting time.
If you're not there's probably a different underlying insecurity and just pumping a slampig isn't helping anything.
You'll just be back at it when you have another uncomfortable thought.

Guilty as charged.

I was really selfish and shitty to my first girlfriend

100% lived that scott pilgrim life.

my name even is Scott. I loved the shit out of that book.

3 white girls with dyed hair
had 2 crazy obsessive Asian ex girlfriends

was a dick
was in a band

no gay roommate though
I'm missing out there I guess

Spoken like a true woman.

Yup, it makes you terrible boyfriend.

Now stop pondering it and improve.

But I'm serious. Every relationship I've had was ended by them, and the reasons I've got was they didn't like me anymore, with no particular thing turning them away. I remember one girl I asked out said her therapist told her to stop dating around so much, and like a month later she was dating some asshole straight A student. Apparently I didn't deserve the mature "no I don't want to date you, I instead want to lie and hurt you when you find out I lied." It's fucked up.
I definitely didn't let people use me either, at least past sophomore year. I started standing up for myself more and people who wanted to use me fucked off when they saw I wouldn't have it.

That's pretty stupid, I mean he already has a gf he can fuck, what does fucking another girl do?

Like Scott Pilgrim?

Never.

My biggest moments of being a dick came from how Id always back up my friends and family no matter what. A lot of my violent moments were due to that.

I guess we're similar in our self centered ness but honestly I've always found him unrelatable as fuck.

Is Scott Pilgrim really that fucking relatable to people?

Would you hate someone more if they cheated, or if they were the... 'cheatee', I guess? I don't really know the proper term here.

I was going to smash that night and then I found out she had a boyfriend, but I was like 'you are 22 and you still haven't even gotten to first base and you really are gonna pass this up for moral standards? She is 7/10 and you're a fattie., get. It. Done.' I broke up right after, then flailed a month trying to get her back and I haven't had a relationship in six years since.

honestly, it's not your responsibility

it's a bit rude but w/ever

If she hadn't done it with you, she would have done it with somebody else.

>Caring about being a good person

Lel

The cheater is definitely the worse person but the cheatee is shitty as well if they know the cheater is in a relationship

>break up with gf and start seeing a new girl a few months later
>break into new girl's ex's apartment and fuck on their old bed
>constantly lord relationship over her orbiters, even made one cry a couple times
>get drunk and flirt with other girls a lot
>cheat on her with ex after 5 months then dump her the next day
>that was 2 years ago
>first girl and me are getting married next month

Pretty scott pilgrimish.

Naw I'm a fucking loser. Only time I've ever really been an asshole is all those other kids I assaulted for being disrespectful to me.

Irregardless, I thought Scott's problem was less the cheating and more the way he views the world in the third panel. How everything and everyone around him is just supplemental to his goals and desires rather than real people.

Fucking normies reeeeee

Here's a question for you: let's say you're the model of a good person. You do nice things for people, you support them emotionally and physically, you dote on them and constantly tell her how much you love helping out(because you do), even when you disagree on things. On the whole, you do what you can to be the most perfect person in the world.

Then one day, you slip up. Maybe you got drunk and some person who you never really liked got in your way. Maybe you were having a bad day and someone just happened to be there to take out your frustration on. Hell, maybe you were just curious and you made several mistakes that lead to one of the biggest mistakes you'll ever made. However it happened, you murdered a person.

Does that one incident, that one mistake, make you a bad person? Does a one-time slip-up negate all the good you did for everyone?

You make it sound absurd, but temporary insanity is in fact, a viable legal defense.

It's not a very viable one.

I was just talking about being an asshole in general DESU

Lmao

>Does that one incident, that one mistake, make you a bad boyfriend? Does a one-time slip-up negate all the good you did for her?
Yes

depends on the person desu. The closer the "cheatee" is to the victim, the more of a bastard they are. If they're a random stranger, then they're not as bad as the cheater, but it's still a crummy thing to do. If they're a close friend, then they're filthy traitorous scum.

>I have autism

Thanks for sharing

I was mean to a cute goth girl, and now she won't talk to me anymore.

One of a kind cutie with a big booty.

Ive been an asshole to former friends but ive always been a good boyfriend

Okay.

Sequel never ever

No we just met on a Sup Forums meetup/fuck thread on /soc/ for someone a few towns over, and then I went and actually went on a stupid date. So after that, I check facebook tand UUH WHOS THIS and then I confront her and I'm like '...well I still want to have sex' but the next day I'm like 'I better sort this out' and she's like 'I love him' so we stopped meeting in person. Followed by a month of me trying to repair it (really should have just stopped when I found out the guy she cheated on stopped her from committing suicide in the army) but I eventually got the hint. And then I see her on /soc/ later that year doing the same thing and I finally realized I was probably lucky
for being so bad at my later advances.