I dropped Adventure Time when it went to shit, I heard they later fixed this bullshit and gave people what they wanted

I dropped Adventure Time when it went to shit, I heard they later fixed this bullshit and gave people what they wanted.

Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7qvBf_GkSqI
youtube.com/watch?v=k6EutI1VdSY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If by "what they wanted" you mean appeal to Bubbline shippers, then yes.

yes
also you're weak

>Adventure Time
>giving people what they want

You bitches don't know what you want to begin hence why the most butthurt of the fanbase went over the SU and Star Vs.

I mean plot, I mostly care about Ice King and want him to be happy.

Everyone but Ice King is a side character to me.

They gave us naked Simon Petrikov, so yes, it's what we wanted.

Same.

>wanting ice king and not sweet finn angst

>Liking the Finn angst
You have to be 18 or older to use this site kiddo.

Somebody said something in a thread that I caught out of context. They said that Ice King isn't actually Simon at all, and that Simon is fully trapped in the crown. Was that at all true? Ice King being Simon seemed like an integral part of the character's arc.

I, too, haven't watched the show in a very long time.

No. For some reason people seem to like the later seasons despite them still not returning to proper adventure in favor of lorefaggotry and the writers having already ruined the old characters. Most people just lowered their standards after AT jumped the shark in S6 and have since deluded themselves into thinking the new seasons were good, dismissing all evidence to the contrary as nostalgia goggles.

I only watch AT because of finn and his angst to be honest, I have a thing for young feminine? weak? whiny? cute? submissive? what's the right term, I don't know boys suffering

It's called having a different opinion retard. Season 7 is my favourite of the bunch.

Nah, that's not true at all. There's like a copy of Simon trapped in the crown, but IK is still Simon.

Shota

pretty decent taste
that recent episode with him and Jake on the cloud talking their issues and venting is my favorite episode in years mostly for that reason, good shit

yeah that
thanks, and same I really enjoyed Cloudy, but Elemental in general was great because when Jake died again we had plenty of angst, and then Finn became "flame finn" so that's even more angst, which is great

Well they dealt with most of the shit regarding the humans and Martin in "Islands", and more recently they did some stuff with Betty in "Elements".
The Lich has only appeared twice since the citadel episode.

Dat ship. Has anyone considered shipping Marceline and the Vampire King?

Where's good lewds of young Ice King?

>gave people what they wanted
It's the final season. Loose ends and whatnot are finally being addressed and dealt with. Jump in.

>Vamp King x Finn
Damn, that's kind of hot.

I just finished the Elements series after not watching the show for awhile. Someone please explain wtf happened. It ended so abruptly.

>same dude here
I mean, steaks was great, islands was pretty cool too, but elements. Betty just went to mars, ending felt rushed, is Simon gonna be Simon again? Finn x FP again? Wat?

Finn angst is good stuff but I can only get into it when japanese artists make fanart for it, when the show does it I feel like something's lacking
Still good stuff though, like that other user I liked that part in Elements too

NO MORE ANGST FINN SUFFERING ALDENFAGS

LOVE NOW

The only thing they ruined was making bubbleline canon. The show is dead, the fans are not even half as numerous as they were. There was no point in pandering to the tumblrette demographic, as proven countless times before, LGBT progressive tumblrettes don't buy merchandise or support the ratings, they pirate and make cheap fanart for views and attention. They are a liability and a demographic you shouldn't support. As autistic, retarded and faggy bronies fucking are, at least they do support the show they like. You can't say that about the bubbleline tumor fangirls.

The AT writers chose to give the people (bubbleline fangirls) that harassed and belittled them what they wanted. No man, you do not reward a spoiled brat, you just don't. Spoiled brats need to be ignored until they act less retarded.

If the AT crew really care about the gays and shit, they could've made any other characters but Marceline and PB into gays or bisexuals or trannies, whatever. But they made the shittiest possible ship into reality because tumblr dykes want hot rocker vampire chick on kawaii gum golem waifu scissoring action.

As result, the writers butchered Marceline's personality into a dull boring parasite that is never on screen without accompanying PB, because we know Princess Bubblegum couldn't tolerate Marceline otherwise.
Marceline had to be watered down so she can be remotely compatible and functional with PB. If you need to change your character's personality to make a pairing work, dude, it's not meant to be.

Bubbleline is fundamentally broken, if AT wanted either Marceline or PB go to the bi boat, they should've written a new girl that was actually compatible with one of them.
Instead they decided to pander for brownie points and please the psycho dykes.

To end my bitter autismo rant, content creators should avoid contact with cancer and focus on delivering a decent product that makes sense. Yes add your gays, but add well written ones.

I'm sorry friendo but Finn is literally built for pain and suffering
That's partly why he's my favorite,
the grief is good

Lets see
>LSP turns out to be the anti-elemental which is kind of an asspull but really everything with the Elements is kind of silly and not well connected with the rest of the show so whatever
>Jake goes back to alien mode which was brought up in Joshua and Margaret Investigation, will seemingly go back to normal after having some contemplative vision quest thing
>Patience fucks off cause she's a bitch
>Lich gets a new horn to hint that he's coming back at some point
>Ice King's gem falls out, hinting to the thing in the far future episodes
>Finn and Jake are good boys and good bros
That's about all of it

eat shit grieffag

Not that I disagree, but is it not possible that the show did Bubbline because they wanted to and not to appease the homo fans and get LGBTQXYZ bucks?
The way they went about it, with doing the first big episode then taking several years to get back to it, it makes me think that they were less pandering to fans and moreso doing what they wanted to do.

The way that there are new writers on the show now responsible for some of the Bubbline episodes makes me think that new people interested in the relationship are part of the reason it was pushed so hard.

I agree that it is boring and helped to ruin Marceline as a character but I don't think those things happened just because of Bubbline.

Okay, who else thought the elements trope was a pointless, hamfisted runabout with no purpose, no attention to detail, no "moments," just fucking "well this is the thing we gotta do now," and they go do the thing, and then, "well now we gotta do that thing," and they go do that thing, like what.

i bet it did

You give them too much credit to assume Bubbline as a calculated move. They way they presented it, the writers might have just had shit taste.

>is it not possible that the show did Bubbline because they wanted to and not to appease the homo fans and get LGBTQXYZ bucks?
It's really anyone's guess, seeing as the Bubbline thing exploded after literally the first episode where PB and Marceline had any meaningful interactions.

>Well they dealt with most of the shit regarding the humans
Once the Humans realize that a boy with no formal training in swordsmanship could survive in the supposed wasteland, what's to stop them from making a comeback with all their fancy tech. That's a pretty big issue I'd say

Nah, I actually think Elements had lots of good small moments, mostly from Finn and LSP. Was also probably the most funny miniseries out of the 3 of them.
The issue is just that I don't think the plot line they went for had enough meat to it to carry the miniseries, and I really don't understand why Simon and Betty weren't a bigger part, they only had line an episode and a half to themselves in the whole thing. Focusing more on them would have helped make the thing more satisfying and shit.

Still think it was good enough though, for sure liked it more than Stakes.

it's called an adventure. a good oldfashioned adventure that made really creative use of the setting they had.
the fuck are you talking about? they didn't do that at all. hell we finally got to know the intimate details of their past, how long they've been estranged, how they had only just started to become friends but never really hung out much. even if you go the romantic route, and you need THICK shipping goggles for that, at best it's like "that cool girl in middle school you talked to a few times and then didn't see for ten years and holy shit it turns out she wants to be friends again, awesome, you thought she was too cool for you. turns out she thought you thought you were too cool for her"

What would have been different if Nickelodeon had picked it up back in the day?

Was Nicktoons treating their shows as shitty as they are now back in 2010? AT might have lasted like two seasons tops then gotten shelved.
It definitely wouldn't have been anywhere near as remarkable if it had gone to Nick at any rate, probably like a more tolerable Fanboy and Chum Chum or something. I feel like they would have stuck more to the pilot's artstyle in that situation.

It probably would've died after Mortal Folly/Recoil

I agree Finn was made for suffering it's been a thing since and before the vault and it'll always be a thing and I'm glad

DELET

Not nearly enough art of him getting beat up and bullied for my taste desu
Bleeding Finn>any other Finn

Leave that boy alone you curs

When are new episodes?

No one knows. We might get a sneak peek of Abstract during SDCC

sadly I lost almost all of the pics I had in my sad finn folder so I can't help you there, but I feel your pain
also please post more angsty pictures of finn so I can fill the folder up again
never ever ever

Figured, though apparently there are promos with AT clips.
youtube.com/watch?v=7qvBf_GkSqI
youtube.com/watch?v=k6EutI1VdSY

Gosh speed friend

Dude this was all I could think while watching it. I thought I was completely underwhelming and pointless. The plot was bland. The dialog and interactions were forced and there was nothing funny or interesting about it. It would have been better as a two part episode

>No bubbline
That would be the good side of this what if

No they're gay. The new writers are obsessed with scissoring so of course they gotta insert subtext.

you're a pretty big faggot if the only thing you care about when considering 80% of the show getting erased is "Sweet that one lesbian ship wouldn't exist"

This completely. The AT crew have always done whatever they want, if they didn't want to push the pairing then they wouldn't have.

Besides, it's such a minor part of the show. The amount of people buttblasted over it is dumb, they've had like 3 episodes focused on it. Saying it ruined the characters or show is plain silly.

>Finn still lusting after WWM
>Finn hardly hangs with Marcy anymore
hush, faget

would you punch Martin if given the chance?
I would

They've had like 8 or 9 I think at this point but the point still stands

>>Finn hardly hangs with Marcy anymore
This is true, and it sucks, but blaming it on bubbline makes no sense. Marceline has got bugger all episodes period since season 3, let alone with Finn. Sky Witch aired 2 years after WWM, and Varmints another 2 years after that. That's more than enough time to include a Finn/Marcy episode.

He's like mentally ill, I would feel like I'm punching a confused retard or something

If I got to take his place, sure

that's still good, punch the retard, he deserves it

Which they wont cause the wanna shut out any interactions with Finn and PB/M together, unless they beat down the kid like stakes kiss that shit goodbye

>AT might have lasted like two seasons tops then gotten shelved
Well at least it would have ended at its peak instead of declining into trash.
I guess it's true what they say, you either die a good show or live long enough to become a bad one.

oh hey it's susan str-
>Mohawk
fucking dropped.

Is Finn 18 yet? I remember that the show aged up characters in real time but I haven't been keeping up with it.

Only 16 soon to be 17. If the show had kept up with him naturally aging I believe he would be 19 now but at some point things accelerated too fast so they backed off on it. Seems very likely that the show's ending with him turning 18, being a full fledged adult and all that shit.

Not real time, but he still ages. He's just about 17.

It's not really a mohawk. Apparently she was a cyborg and had machine stuff on half of her scalp

you're extra weak and if you were in front of me right now I would slap you

Elements is my favourite of the three actually. It was funny, had great character moments, and was all around very creative and whimsical. I think it succeeded so well because it wasn't trying to be anything more than that. AT doesn't need to have a grand plot to be interesting and entertaining.

Still left me with even MORE questions.

Mostly about The Founders.

Why is this the case Sup Forums?

because you're a faggot who doesn't appreciate shotas

Tomboys > numales

It's just a fact

God I hope Jake dies in the finale. I want to see Finn reach peak suffering.

>not liking Finn
that faggot pixiv weeb and all 3 of those girls can kts

Fionna is a fag with a boring voice and Finn is a pure waifu

all of this

>all these girls with a massive boner for Finn and torture
It's like I'm actually on tumblr

Girls are icky, I'm just a homosexual

I'm a straight male, and I want to see Finn suffer also.

Fanfiction and double standards.
Imagine a version of AT where Fionna goes through 1/4 as much shit as Finn did, it just isn't happening. Consequently that's why I like Finn more and find him a lot more interesting.
Fionna's alright enough though. She and Cake have a sweet relationship, I like that it's more explicitly sisterly than Finn and Jake's more bro-dude relationship.

>not knowing that Sup Forums is full of homos or, alternatively, very perversed girls
must be nice

Weren't The Founders just the dudes that Marceline saved in the flashback in Stakes?

>Imagine a version of AT where Fionna goes through 1/4 as much shit as Finn did, it just isn't happening.
I don't see why not.

He just said that's the only good side, my nigga.

Cause she's a girl and I doubt people would be as okay with her going through so much shit compared to a boy like Finn. Especially Breezy in its entirety, no way that would happen at all in the same way. That's gender standards for ya man.

I don't watch Star vs. but I thought the appeal of that was watching Star get cucked and suffering.

fucked up chick here. so yeah, Sup Forums has homos, trannies, degenerated women. The best of the internet.

They put Ice King in a suit and made him hot, it was disturbing.

I don't watch it either and that seems to be on the mark, but still. Fionna acting all slutty going for all the hunky boys while some bee dickhead manipulates her then she gets sort of date raped by Lumpy Space Prince, just really gonna be hard to push that through.
That's without going into the fact that a good portion of the show would involve Fionna getting the shit beat out of her in fights. Even in the episodes that the show made I don't think she got so much as a visible scratch on her.

same here
and shotas are pretty nice, especially when they're made for suffering
finn is the purest waifu you could have

The comics are cool

true

>chick
>on Sup Forums

Nice try

I got matched with 2 girls for Sup Forums's secret santa

never did send them letters ;)

I'm more surprised about the people who like Simon

finn is for rape