This is a good comic. Chances of it making it to 24 issues or more?

This is a good comic. Chances of it making it to 24 issues or more?

If it develops a fanbase in trades or has a champion at the top of DC's editorial, it will probably remain as a monthly for a while longer. He could really use exposure outside his own book though. People who look at him at a glance only see Chinese knockoff Superman.

He should lead a new iteration of the Justice League International.

I'm hoping he makes it to the end of Metal. Having Lee support the book should count for something.

He doesn't speak English though.

The Dr. Fate book managed to last 19 issues and sales for that book were shit from the start, so who knows

But i thought Sup Forums hate it diversity in comics?

Can't beat good writing though.

If this ends, perhaps they can make a book about him called Supermen with him, Bizarro and Lex Luthor being the stars.

We don't if its an actual well written character and story. Not if its shoved down our throats for diversity's sake. Huge difference. New Super-Man is legitimately the best book from DC's Rebirth.

I hate it when "diversity" means a bunch of insufferable know it all Mary Sue minorities replace older characters and then acting like minorities equates to higher quality.

i like his ensemble cast more than the kid himself though

Me too kind of, I'm REALLY hoping if Kenan's book ends it leads to a Justice League of China book. Just take my money DC.

Yes, Sup Forums hates diversity in bad comics.
It also hates non-diversity in bad comics.
Sup Forums accepts boobs in bad comics.

>Sup Forums accepts boobs in bad comics.
To an extent. Sup Forums still hates BombQueen.

I was hoping Lex would have joined the cast myself to give a stronger link to the rest of DC. He worked really well in the story until his abrupt implosion into cowardice and anger towards the end of that arc.

>New Super-Man is legitimately the best book from DC's Rebirth.
But what about the looney toons crossover and the button conspiracy

Get people to buy it.

Part of the problem is the people that, when announced, just treated it like a SJW Marble type move to create a diversity knock-off of a legacy character. So they just ignore everything about it.

>Dr. Fate

Levitz

See first paragraph above. This is an outlier opinion ,

Presume user means best on-going. That's different than talking about one shot specials (and I don't think any one of the Looney Toons is better than say The Flintstones or even Future Quest in total - plus which those cross-overs aren't DC Rebirth -- any more than American Alien would have been simply if it was being released now versus last year). Button conspiracy is part of Rebirth. The Dino Island Superman two-parter was excellent and I'd say amongst the very best of Rebirth, but it's part of an ongoing. So likewise, the Button was a cross-over of two on-goings. I'm not sure you could get the majority of /co to agree that either the Rebirth Flash or Rebirth Batman are 'the best books' from this initiative.

This. Let the series end but lead into a Justice League of China book.

By the way, if his official superhero name isn't actually "NEW" Super-Man... are the best way to call them by name as "Super-Man of China" "Bat-Man of China" "Wonder-Woman of China" etc?

Easy, science or magic allows everyone to understand him. Problem solved.

>This is a good comic. Chances of it making it to 24 issues or more?

About equal to the odds of it getting an eisner.

Just stop posting and lurk more.

He should probably have the same super speed learning that Superman has. He can probably learn it quickly if he had DISCIPRINE

>Let the series end
Why do you want the series to end? Do you dislike it? I'm not sure why you would prefer this comic to get cancelled so that what seems like basically the same thing can get made.

Button and presumably Doomsday Clock is tired Watchmen cashing-in just like Before Watchmen was.

I guess because I like runs that end well more than comics that continue, get new creative teams, that don't do as great of a job, and you notice the drop in quality. Sometimes I hope that the entire run of New Super-Man will end in the hands of Gene Luen Yang because he did a good job. I'm already upset with Viktor Bogdanovich leaving the art.

>I like runs that end well more than comics that continue, get new creative teams, that don't do as great of a job, and you notice the drop in quality.
>that's why I want this comic cancelled and immediately followed by a comic that's the same thing but under a new name
What?

Next time I visit my LCS I'll buy all of the issues released so far, that should bump it up to top 10 in sales for the month

>Chinese knockoff Superman.
isn't that the point?

New Super-Man = About mostly Kenan and the formation of the Justice-League of China.

Justice-League of China = Stories from the point where the entire league is formed.

Are you one of those guys that think the length of a series is equivalent to quality? Not every comic has to be Hellblazer #300 dude. There's a bunch of great comics that relaunch all the time nowadays. I don't see the problem as long as the new creative team is worthy.

So you don't want the series to go on forever but would prefer the series go on forever under various names and relaunched numbers. Ok....

Where have you been? Do you not know about Batman (2016) #1, and Batman (2011) #1? All these characters always go on forever as long as they are popular enough to stay around. If the same characters continue on under various different titles/renumberings, it actually helps break down different arcs/eras for a character.

He is a Chinese knockoff of superman

That's part of what could make the book so fun.

That's part of what could make the book so fun.

He's starting to show up in other Superbooks.

It seems to poll well, assuming these results are accurate it is one of DC's most popular Rebirth titles.

>a survey was conducted on /r/DCcomics
This isn't even a >reddit thing, it's just that I'm not exactly sure that's a representative sample if you do your survey in only one place, even if it's admittedly got like thrice the userbase we have

>reddit has massively better taste than Sup Forums
wait what

Teen Titans being that low is probably the only thing I disagree on. I'm fucking loving the current run and it's easily the best in what? 10 yeas now?

I... I actually agree with that pic

>But i thought Sup Forums hate it diversity in comics?
It's ok when DC does it.

>Someone has to constantly be around kenan to translate for him
FUND IT

>tfw you've finally dethroned the Bat as the best selling hero and even your Chinese knockoff is doing better than him.

Nice to see even Reddit has good taste sometimes

which run is this from

Unfortunately, those don't reflect in sale.

Justice League is at the bottom, and it continues to sell well.

BACK ON POINT - encourage people to buy the floppies.

Im upset at Bogdanovich leaving also, definitely has a different feel now.

He's drawn pretty damn hot during his cameo in the Supermsn Rebirth.

>Blue Beetle that low
Holy fuck that depresses me so much, sure the book started slow but it's been improving A LOT. Fucking OMAC is in it now, as well as Doctor Fate, Flash and Batgirl from JL3001, this book has become too much fun and is the one I look forward to the most.

>Superman that high and above Prieststroke and new Super-man.
Everyone still insists that it's not a reddit book and Tomasi is not a reddit writer.

Not really...