Gunnerkrigg Court

>Yeah, we've dabbled.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KCY1RvWG0C8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks like the auto-updater malfunctioned and posted it a day early.

>Sunday
THIS IS WHY WE DON'T DATE ROBOTS

bitch fuck off that robot body is for shadow's lovin not yours

So, will Tom let the bot upload Monday as usual?
Pic related is from his recent tweet appears to be his reader meetup at the King's Head, Santa Monica.

WE GET IT, THEY WANT TO FUCK

WE GET IT, THEY WANT TO FUCK

Kat is so adorable in panel 2.

I'm not saying that there's going to be a reveal about the corpses of schoolchildren used as test subjects for these two, but the odds did just move away from zero.

>Shadow Man is a dark woman

Kat has been getting cuter and cuter since this explanation started

>transference of consciousness
>doesn't interest the Court much
... Why? No, seriously, why? The fuck is Principle Palpatine and the other unseen Court leaders' deal anyway?

Also, this chapter has been an exercise in drawing Kat being the cutest motherfucker ever. The only way she could be more huggable is if she were doing all this cutesy shit in angel form.

The Court is only interested in things that are scientifically explained. Hence why they wouldn't use Anya and Donald's computer because key parts of it were magical.

But I guess they make exceptions when it benefits them. Like their Protectors being augmented with runes to tackle Forest threats or taking in Foley students to become their workforce. You'd think the possibility of immorality would interest them a lot.

>So, you want me to give Arthur a fleshy body?
>No, I want you to turn me into a robot.

Wait, what the fuck is going on? Was there update on Saturday and Sunday? Is tom switching to a 7/7 update schedule?

>scientifically explained
Ether exists, thus it has functioning principles. I get the feeling the whole "it just works" crap is the result of, likely willing, ignorance on both sides.

>Sunday update

Guess that was a mistake? Wonder if anything will even post tomorrow now.

Your minds are one-tracked. They made it very obvious that she wants to become the robot. Whether they can have sex or not afterwards is secondary to that.

There's functions but folks like Anya couldn't find the scientific explanation for HOW they function. I think the Court only wants stuff that they know through and through what's in it.

My dad works at Tom Siddell and he said that from now on there will be regular sunday ipdates once a month, aong with the other updates.

>transference of consciousness

I'll be disappointed if this works on robots. Namely because I wanted to see Robot come to the realisation that no matter how much of him Kat replaces with flesh, his brain is still a computer chip. Even if Kat copied his files over to an organic brain, it would still only be a copy. Robot would be left behind or killed, Soma style.

Then again, Juliette's research might result in the same thing anyway. Which would be pretty awful. Robot Arthur saying he's still in there whilst a flesh Arthur is knocking on the glass vat to be let out.

>his brain is still a computer chip
But it's not. It's literally a Golem carving connected to a micro-ship. the Micro-ship isonly there to serve as a connection between the golem blue tablet and the mechanical bodies.

Okay but the problem remains. Unless Robot wants to be pic related.

Or, you know, you could connect the ship to the biological body.

What matter isn't htta the brain is made of flash, what matter is the new data influx provided by the new interface.

Why not just create a brain attached to the computer-chip that steadily grows and thereby assumes all the functions of the computer-chip-brain? Then you'll be able to eventually remove the chip, or even leave it around but won't be a copy, just an expanded and very fleshy brain

That's most likely the end goal.

is this from gunnerkrigg?

Basically, the Court are terrible scientists. They only accept as valid things that they can thoroughly explain and model. If something has factors tha can't be predicted precisely and all its causes fully understood and modeled, then it doesn't "count".

As any physicist knows, this is fucking bullshit. Experimental-based proofs are kind of a thing. But that's the point. The court are dogmatic fuckholes who don't have half as much of an idea of what they're doing as they think they do.

yes. visualization of the feelings robot had in the organic arm kat gave him

Tom stopped drawing her like a frog finally.

I recognize those sensory cells.

Why the fuck is Kat posing in panel 2?
She looks like she's actively trying to be as cute as possible.

She's become aware of her fictional nature, and is now pandering to her fans.

Kat is Gwenpool!

read the comic instead of getting into it now

>First lesbians
>now women dating robots

WHEN WILL THE DEGENERACY END!?

Maybe she should suck a dick behind Paz's back

Oh god please this already!

this

Ha, gay!

Er, robot gay!

>Robot Arthur saying he's still in there whilst a flesh Arthur is knocking on the glass vat to be let out.
and because flesh arthur is the one she wants, it's basically an NTR plotline now.

well played Gunnerkrigg.
we almost didn't see that coming.

Better, she could suck Paz' dick from the front.

Tom recently liked a YouTube review of GC: it's by a German that in order to improve his English started reviewing the less well known webcomics (by mainstream standards).
youtube.com/watch?v=KCY1RvWG0C8
This might interest Sup Forums for two reasons: 1. motivation for other aspiring comic reviewers; 2. salient criticisms starting at 15 minutes about the Annie character and the hit and miss feel to latest chapters.
pic slightly related

the hell is this?

A good scientist figures out the rules of a substance though. That is to say, they could easily define ether and in turn use it without understanding how it works. Good humans don't wait for an explanation. We used electricity as soon as we could define it, long before we could explain it. The court is just being retarded. Course that's a given since everyone on both sides refuses to admit humans are animals because of their stubborn pride.

Well, GOOD. It's always important as a creator to take constructive criticism to heart. And the latest chapters HAVE felt off. Everything since Jeanne hasn't been clicking for me, and frankly the Jeanne chapter was disappointing.

>gunnerkrigg court
>less well known
Fuck outta here. This comic has a really large fanbase by webcomic standards. It's easily in the top 20 or 30, which considering just how many webcomics are out there, is impressive.

I think Annie is a good character. She has realistic flaws and suffers from them.

We already know from their actions against Annie that the Court is petty as fuck, so yeah, definitely pride.

>cast her out after graduation

So, what every school does?

they were going to cast her out of society entirely.

You gotta remember that everyone later Stays on the court, to do their new Court jobs. Parsley is never not going to be the Medium's guardian, for example.

So she'll have to go back to boring ole london or something?

It really is past time for Annie to just snap and set the Headmaster on fire. Just fucking burn him to ashes.

like creepy communists.

No, they were going to cast her out just before she graduates. She'd have zero grades for finding employment.

Is he the one responsible for all of this, though?

annie is responsible for all the shit that has happened to her, the only bad thing the court has done is simply not tell her that she is being a spoiled brat.that whole "if they really wanted to stop me then they would do it" phase she had was the worst, and i was so fucking happy when they held her back a year, deserved it.
kat is best girl and annie doesn't deserve her

I think people are free to leave the Court whenever they like but it's just a sensible option to stay. Lots of job placements, no real crime and you can literally pick a house from a city of empty streets.

Swore that said
>Yeah, we've dabbed

i want to hold zimmy and fall asleep with her

Who of the gunnerkriggs is most likely a dabber?
Andrew?
Red?
Jones?

Is anyone else kinda bored of GK at this point?

I am. I felt super let down by the ending of the encounter with Jeanne and everything sense has honestly been pretty lame and dull. It's gotten to the point where I don't really go to the site any more, I just read the comics when they're posted on here.

>sense

*since. Fuck me.

Superman 3.

He seems pretty down about the comic sometimes. A little awhile ago he tweeted about trying to make the comic better.

Some people are just never happy.

I agree, and I believe the reviewer is seeing what is a deliberate writing of Annie's character development: knocked back by her father's return from overconfidence to a more childlike meekness.
I'm Ok with it.
Meanwhile I added a few old GC GIFs staring:

Jones would do a dope dab.

What if the Ether actually doesn't have any guiding principles besides "it just works"?

>Using Coyote for anything.

A genderless shadow creature and a robot are already boyfriends, so it's not like this is even a big deal in comparison.

Shadow isn't genderless. He's male but has Kat and Annie's voice from when they taught him with audio samples.

It's in a bit of a lull right now, but the thing has been going for over a decade now. Not every chapter can be a great one. I'm still hopeful.

Robot also has a male voice. They are both physically genderless but I guess they identify as male and because they're a robot and a shadow creature then they can be whatever they want.

do you think robot likes him because he sounds like his mommy and his goddess

Shadow is physically male.

I wish people would realize this with certain other comics. They get upset when there's a period of slow updates and not so much action between story arcs in a webcomic and they think the thing is in some kind of grand decline and then they nitpick the art and writing so they can say it's not as good as it used to be.

But here's a comic that has similar slow points, some even slower, and arc after arc with an alright buildup for its overarching story. A decade later and it's still going strong.

Nothing to worry about as long as the updates are still coming in. If you're too bored to keep going or it feels too slow, put your bookmark in a folder for a few months and check back later.

Well he is now. Was he before he went from 2d to 3d?

>Call me Daddy, Robot
>No, I'll call you mother

>implying Shadow is the dom
wtf dude?

Always. The shadow people have genders.

Robot calls Annie mommy.

Which is kind of weird come to think of it because I'd assumed he'd speak with a British accent.

>implying he's not
Robot is a dom in the streets but a sub in the streets

No.
Absolutely not.
Shadow is absolutely sub.

how would zimmy react to being called CUTE

>Er? U wot m8?

Disgusted.

Left to right, top to bottom:

>Paz
>George
>Zimmy
>Annie
>Kat
>Jones

someone made a gunnerkrigg one of these but i can't find it

I wanna draw Kat making out with Riri Williams. Should I?
Also, would Kat read sjw marvel?

That seems like something you can talk about in every other thread on this board.

?
It's directly related to Gunnerkrigg.
Would Kat read stuff like ironheart?

Why do you type like a spaz?

What are you talking about?

You really are stupid, huh? :)

Yeah. Sorry. :)

>put your bookmark in a folder for a few months and check back later.
Yeah, I dropped Unsounded for a few years and recently reread it and it was way more enjoyable than trying to keep up with each new update.
With Gunnerkrigg sometimes I find myself eagerly awaiting the next page, but sometimes I skip out for a few weeks too.

Gunnerkrigg is easier to read than the other good webcomics. Unsounded, ksbd and Poppy and stuff have way too much lore and lots of text in each update. It's exhausting to keep up with those in real time.