Should the Looney Tunes just call it a day and lay low for a while?

Should the Looney Tunes just call it a day and lay low for a while?

youtube.com/watch?v=PpO1HDP8JX0
youtube.com/watch?v=3F9vnxYzgi8
youtube.com/watch?v=qt42cxOdFJY

They've laid low since about 1960 or so. Nobody knows how to write for them anymore, it how to animate them. We've had a few flare ups but nothing to breathe life into Bugs and the rest. I just wish we could have the reruns back.

TLTS was GOAT. Wabbit was a mistake: it reverted to the brainless slapstick "comedy".

LT shouldn't be a fucking boring sitcom retard

Not him but why the fuck not? It worked for Sonic.

I don't know, I kind of like the salary-man Taz thing. That's pretty funny.

TLTS was great, what are you talking about? It managed to do something fresh and new with Looney Tunes without messing with the fundamental essence of what the Looney Tunes are. Unlike, say, Loonatics Unleashed. The only real issues with TLTS is that Bugs was a little too straightman (that should be solely Porky's job), and there could have been more slapstick, but otherwise, it was damn near flawless.

Wabbit's issue, like most modern Looney Tunes (and Tom & Jerry, for that matter) is that the writers are trying to replicate the old shorts without having the same kind of mindset, comedic timing, or sense of humor that the people that made those original shorts had. They're merely trying to copy what they see. They're pale imitations, and you can tell.

How fucking dare you!

I feel like they could have taken the concept of the sitcom and had them also work at warners brothers sort of like their lives off set.

That wouldn't have been a bad idea at all, really.

It was in no way boring, every character was a total riot.
And yes it should be a sitcom, because it worked so damn well.

i mean they did do shorts that revolved around the concept in the original Looney tunes and the LTBIA movie sort of worked on that angle it just would have been interesting to see the character dynamics when they're done working the set for the regular cartoons

No Scooby Doo had a amazing series a few years back, the Mickey Mouse shorts are funny as hell, all you need for it to be good is a competent staff to work on it although they should've just stick Looney Tunes Show

Fuck you, now I want this

>First clip
You know, in the older the shorts, Bugs was only a dick to people who were being a dick to him. Here, Bugs is being a dick to someone who is just trying to do is job and wants to be left alone. Just doesn't really settle with me right. If this were a Daffy cartoon, it would've worked better.

Not until I see more women in it.

WB needs to bring back TLTS, or just leave Bugs and crew alone for another 15-20 years.

The "Casa de Calma" episode of The Looney Tunes Show was good, and so was Looney Tunes: Back in Action.

>didnt even disguise himself beyond wearing a cap

TLTS was one of the few attempts at something completely different that mostly worked. Only problem was Bugs playing straight man too often. Wabbit tries to do a modern spin on the old stuff but doesn't have the animation talent to pull it off.

you're not the only one man it would have been a better concept then what we got.

no fuck you it was fucking boring
Bugs had no personality and both Daffy and Lola were nothing but annoying retards
you're just a furfag

They need to bring these two back.

Why the fuck did you watch it if you obviously don't like comedy?

Bugs was a egomaniac who lived with an immoral retard just so he could ride that high horse. He got a hard on for helping others and playing the saint. He enjoyed manipulating people, was quick to discard others, and even had sociopathic tendencies.

Bugs had such a great dynamic with Daffy, looking down on him constantly when he's really no better.

I like comedy enough to see this was total shit
Sorry you have such an awful taste

>autistically dictates how Looney Tunes should be exactly as he wants it
>I'M somehow the furfag
>continues to spazz out about something he doesn't like

You belong in the along with your opinions

>you're just a furfag
kek

>TLTS was GOAT
>TLTS was terrible

I agree, Loony Tunes is much more interesting when it has a story instead of "lulz random Bugs is trolling/getting trolled guyzzz!!". Maybe I'm saying that with bias though since TLTS it's the closest thing we've gotten to Tiny Toons, and that's what I liked growing up. I never cared much for the original loony tunes, always thought it was kind of shallow by comparison.

I admit there was a few boring/uninteresting episodes, but the majority of TLTS and what it did with the characters was really nice. I've never liked Foghorn Leghorn before this show and it had the best Daffy ever.

>Foghorn Leghorn
He was definitely one of the best characters in TLTS, and I'll admit I'm not really a Foghorn fan, either, when it comes to the theatrical shorts.

Bugs was pretty great in TLTS. I do think he could have been more proactive rather than mostly reactive, though, but despite being too "straightman" as has been said already, I do think he was handled pretty well. There's room for improvement, but he's definitely leagues better than the sociopath from Wabbit.

>Breaking the one Bugs Bunny rule that he only fucks with people who've wronged him

Utter misunderstanding of the character with that Taz short. Not watching any further, and jeez what an awful art style.

only the daffy short was okay-ish, that porky looked nothing like pig.

>aint I a stinker?

that punchline felt so flat

>Breaking the one Bugs Bunny rule that he only fucks with people who've wronged him

that was a rule that cunt Chuck Jones came up with

maybe watch some earlier LT shorts?

It's a retro aesthetic.

>Fat
>Has a big snout
>Looks nothing like a pig

Just do what Disney did to Mickey Mouse and make five-minute shorts done by actually talented writers and animators.

>you're just a furfag
wouldn't liking Looney Tunes in general just make you a furfag? retard

not until we have sexy big asso-big tits Lola again!

Now that you bring that up, the Mickey Mouse shorts of recent years really HAVE gotten it down well. Why does WB keep failing to do what Disney has done?

Only thing TLTS was really missing was Tyr'ahnee as Daffy's ex who was still a friend of his.