I like Blonde Phantom a lot and I think she deserves to be used more

I like Blonde Phantom a lot and I think she deserves to be used more.

>Actual noir crimefighter from the 1940s
>Rejuvenated so she's at peak physical health
>Smart, driven and gutsy
>Detective
>Lifetime of experience

I mean granted, maybe I don't actually want Blonde Phantom to be brought back right now becaue most Marvel writer are so shit, but I still dare to dream.

Blonde Phantom thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Female_Characters
pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Madam_Fatal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Put James Robinson on it and get a decent good-girl artist and I'd buy it.

Can't get past how far up the pistols' triggers her index fingers are.

coover probably doesn't know about guns

Oh, so she's a Marvel character? Shit, I was excited thinking you were talking about a public domain character. Just steal elements from her backstory and have them also happen to Woman in Red, she's public domain.

Alan moore actually used Woman in Red for ABC but for whatever reason he gave her GL-like powers.

I think the idea there was to imagine what it'd be like if Nedor didn't stop comic production during the 40's or 50's and continued on like DC did. So once superheroes became popular again in the late 50's other characters get revived with powers.

Is there a list of sexy public domain women to use? I could use a summer project.

>Oh, so she's a Marvel character?

Yeah. Good friends with She-Hulk.

Yeah she was used in Byrne's She-Hulk. I can't remember where else she appeared in 616. She also has a counterpart in Marvel Adventures who looks the same as she did in the 40's.

Also a supporting character in Marvel Adventures Spider-Man.

You could try looking through this, I guess:

pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Female_Characters

She already came back as a fat old woman who can change into hot lady.

Then her daughter replaced her.

Rather see The Phantom revived.

Alternatively Black Phantom and Blonde Phantom lessing out

Pretty much. It had some very clever updates in it. I especially liked how they did the Black Terror.

When Byrne came back again to She-Hulk he retconned out everything that happened in the issues between his two runs, so Blonde Phantom's daughter doesn't exist anymore. And Blonde Phantom was instead rejuvenated by Mole Man and is now the same age as she was in the golden age. She even had a one-shot issue where she solved a case in the 2000s during the Marvel golden age anniversary.

So she's out there and young, but nobody ever uses her, other than AU versions like Marvel Adventures.

The problem really is that what is there to make her interesting and set her apart from anyone? Generic female detective in a world full of them isn't really a great. You'd have better luck with a Dakota North story or, well, anything.

The Phantom blows ass, you hipster shit.

Was she the one that was actually a guy in drag?

Not to my knowledge. But she's public domain, so if that's the story you want to tell, I can't stop you.

Wait, wasn't she in that all-ages Spider-Man book for a while?

Yeah, Peter's mutant girlfriend got a job at her detective agency.

No that's Madam Fatal.

pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Madam_Fatal

Thanks user. I don't think DC ever did anything with this guy even after buying out Quality.

He showed up in an issue of The Shade six years ago.

Also mentioned in Golden Age, both by Robinson.

Nice falseflag, hipster

Also referenced in an issue by JSA, also by Robinson.

Man, Robinson references the character a lot.

He has a thing about crossdressing. It turns up a lot in his writing.

What's so special about her? Is she just Black Canary with guns?

literally who

LEGS