Can we agree that Marvel comics are pretty much garbage now...

Can we agree that Marvel comics are pretty much garbage now? Aside from Guardians of the Galaxy and afew obscure characters they've basically changed all of their main characters for the worst and even if you ignore politics the stories are shit and DC are doing much better without having to majorly change all of their characters. I know a lot of people on here are huge Marvel fans and I will admit that Marvel has had amazing stories in the past but right now they're doing terribly compared to their competitors how can they fix this?

Captain Marvel's still great at least.

I don't read current marvel anymore, I dowload all their comics every week, but don't reed them anymore since last August.

I dunno, the comics that I'm pulling from Marvel I've been enjoying, and what I generally don't like or don't care fore I ignore for the most part.

Shilling before the big movie, mate?

Nu marvel is based bigot.

This. She's heroic and very fun to read

No, not with Stohl, especially now that she's going to make the Cap marvel title be half about Carol and half about the three junior cadets that no one gives a shit about.

How is Nu Marvel a based bigot?

I mean, people say now, but Marvel's always been kind of 'mostly shit with a few really good exceptions'.

No matter the character there's always some "superpowers wore out so now he's wearing some armored suit" or "resurrected as a teenager for whatever reason (not Loki)" schtick going on. Marvel's basically like that old dude that tries to be hip and fails miserably, but occasionally buys you beer.

Their "main characters" are shit, always have been. Well-received movies enjoyed by normies do not translate into sales boost for the characters' comics, not immediately at least.

The Avengers had all the good stories you could possibly tell about them told last century. Captain America, Iron Man, Captain Marvel are very much outdated characters, that had their best years long behind them, and now you can either go full apostate (Nazi Cap), or ape the movies (Making Iron Man more like RDJ), but that won't make more people care about the comics, rather than their adaptations. Of all the symbols in the OP pic, only two are moderately relevant to what fans want to see, and - you guessed it, - both are half-neglected by Marvel due to rights issues.

Thing is, all those companies that bought Marvel's licensing rights took all the best heroes that can carry on a franchise on their own: Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, partially Hulk. Without core stuff like Mutants the Marvel universe instantly becomes incredibly shallow - which may be fine for the movies, but bad for the comics when they try to force those into being LIKE the movies.

Realizing that movie synergy won't make people buy the books for a long time is the first step Marvel has to make to unfuck itself. Neglecting X-Men and FF, the core of their modern franchise, will never do the comics any good, and pushing Carol and Inhumans won't make people forget those. Meanwhile the Spider-franchise stagnates under Slott and Bendis, why, exactly? Liven it up, give more books with better writers.

They are trying to do something with X-books now, but it's more repetitive and boring stuff, with Guggie basically going back to Claremont's status quo, but without Cyclops.

Fuck off. You hate change.

How is Nu Marvel a based bigot?

yeah a lot of this is true. Even worse, lack of good villains. All the go to rogues from back of the day have either not aged well (iron mans commie themed enemies) or just became too silly to keep using with escalating story lines.

its why we keep seeing hero vs hero shit. no good villains to fight that havent been done to death.

the creative stagnation at marvel is undeniable. they need fresh blood.

in the meantime i'll just keep reading moon knight

>Can we agree
No.
The answer is, quite literally, always no.

The last time Carol was great was with Busiek... and she was alcoholic back then.

Spider-Man Renew Your Vows has been great.

>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Not being turned into Redditors

Kill yourself shill

>implying the best stories of the X-Men and the FF weren't also told last century

I disagree, the last time she was any good was when Reed was writing her

Reed wasn't so good for me... but at least his run wasn't relaunched 5 times xD

Personally, I really liked how Reed tackled a few things regarding Carol, her inability to absorb magic, her flaws that came out during the Cru arc, her wrestling with her morals after arresting Juila, her dealing with getting Anya damn near killed, how still still resents Rogue deep down. I thought it was a good run, and I was sad to see everything undone by ksd.

Last straw for me was Legacy. They hyped it up as "an event that will change the entire industry". Turned out to be what, the return of Marvel 2 in 1? Larger issue numbers? Fuck off, Marvel.

>Can we agree

Absolutely not

>X-fag pretend the X-fags haven't been clinging to 20-30 year old stories as proof that X-men should always get everything

Don't even get me started on them being the "core" while also not wanting anyone outside the franchise to get involved with them or use their characters.

What is with major entertainment companies being oblivious to the fact that their product is garbage?

I honestly can't believe you have this many people involved in working under one brand and not one of them has any objections to the direction their company is going.

Pic related; you have half of pro wrestling's greatest veterans involved backstage and nobody seems to care that ratings have reached the lowest in company history and none of their talent can sell seats for shit.

They create an echo chamber.

Because you can't take risks anymore. If you're not following the routine, you're going to be left out.

blame the indy shitters

>ratings
>mattering with the network and the internet
Nobody has to tune in live for shit

>Aside from Guardians of the Galaxy and afew obscure characters they've basically changed all of their main characters for the worst
The Guardians of the Galaxy characters haven't been changed for the worse?

Pro wrestling and comics are very insular industries with few noteworthy companies outside of one or two giants. If you want to make a living in these industries you better learn to like what they spit out. WWE and Marvel can silence potential critics by black listing them from future employment.

Also they have die hard fans who even thought they complain still buy, watch, read and get hype even though they know deep down that they will be dissapointed once again.

Not really, except to butthurt DnAfags who can't let go. The characters themselves have always been either bland non-entities or boring supporting characters, changing depending on the whim of the many writers they have been shuffled between. GOTGv2's cult status was lightning in a bottle, the fact that the characters and franchise returned to mediocrity isn't exactly surprising.

I've enjoyed Nova and Mosaic before they got cancelled, enjoyed Lemire's run of Moon Knight and OML, I'm enjoying Black Bolt, Kid Kaiju's comic, Royals, Ultimates^2, Iron Doom, and I'm kinda enjoying Secret Empire and SR: CA. Thorstagg also has potential, and here's hoping Spirits of Vengeance ends up being good too.

I think it's just a case of the bad(America, Champions, etc.) overshadowing the good, like it always happens.

>Not really
Shit taste confirmed.

Great rebuttal.

Only a vocal minority whine.

Yeah, most everyone just stops buying.