Storytime With Uncle Benjy!

Brace yourselves kids, for *the* best Fantastic Four story not by Lee & Kirby, courtesy of Barry Windsor-Smith.

Old-school sound effects! The letterer must've had fun with this story.

Thanks for the storytime. Cute little story.

A little slapstick in your super-heroes never hurts. Th-th-th-that's all folks!

More than welcome! I like putting this oddball stuff out for more people to see.

This is an excellent comic.

heh

Thanks, OP.

Love the Cerberus and Ms. Piggy references.

Shit. I want more like this.

Nice.
good one OP

Barry Windsor-Smith was originally going to do another Thing story like 15-20 years ago, but it was abandoned for some reason.

bumping for others

Marvel Fanfare was such an underrated series.

Alarm Clocks courtesy of Smilin' Jack House of Tick-Tocks

I feel like Herbie gets a bum rap.

One can easily believe the Baxter Building has Grimm Sized duct work.

Lord knows what Reed pumps through the buildings on a semi-weekly basis.

Nice.

BWS is a big Kirby fan, he did some fine inking on that Captain America story when Kirby came back.

>Storytime With Uncle Benjy

I was unaware of this story, and I thank you for illuminating me!

With Ben, Johnny and the Future Foundation kids running around? Probably a mild sedative.

Alas, I can see why people like the fantastic 4. Thanks for bringing this up.

Bump

I love how Ben looks so distinguished.

It really was. Great self contained stories often about the personal lives of the characters.

> Reed fucking with Sue
this should have been the canon characterization

>Alas, I can see why people like the fantastic 4.
As you can probably guess, Barry Windsor-Smith is generally known for serious, dour comics (even the ones he didn't write). This is a welcome variation on things.

Seriously.

Johnny is so tsundere.

Too bad it got canned

Wasn't it all just filler issues?
Not that that's a bad thing.

It's a common misconception that Marvel Fanfare was nothing but stories that were produced outside of the regular schedule for normal ongoings so that they'd have extra material incase an artist was taking too long and they could run one of the extra stories that had sitting on a shelf to make sure the book came out on time (a common practice in the industry back in the day).

This is only partially true. They DID occasionally run those types of stories in Marvel Fanfare, but much, if not most, of the material was original material produced specifically for the book. Some of the exceptions to this are really obvious (Steve Gerber's Shanna story was apparently a planned miniseries that got axed and then essentially dumped in Fanfare instead), but most of the time it's basically impossible to tell the difference.

I think I know this issue... wasn't it written by the Doctor McNinja guy and turned into a Taco Bell giveaway because of petty douchebaggery from some Marvel exec?

Ben and Reed look good with staches, I dunno what Sue's on about.

Johnny looks like a tool.

Reed with a Calvin's dad sense of humor is amazing.

The character interactions of the Fantastic Four are such a huge part of their appeal.