Was Flesicher the best studio in the history of Western animation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/davextreme20/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=8b8isnhYMjg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Watching these I was surprised at how feminist Lois was. She was so fearless and independent.

Just found this guy the other day who's currently doing the "Mild Mannered" edition of the shorts. Basically all the dvd releases have certain problems with them (even the restored official WB version which has a tonne of audio problems with the intro and outros) and he's cutting them together using the best parts from each to make most complete version of the shorts youtube.com/user/davextreme20/videos

Wow it's almost like stupid tumblr cunts are wrong about everything.

"There have never been any good roles for women." is a mountainous pile of horseshit.

that entire gif animation looks so awkward. look at supermans head

youtube.com/watch?v=8b8isnhYMjg

Swing, You Sinners! is my favorite Fleischer cartoon even though the animation is shitty compared to the rest of their output.

People say that Fleischers made adult animation because of Betty Boop and how violent Popeye was at times, but I think Fleischer was the greatest because they had modern sensibilities, and at times SYS is genuinely creepy.

I would have loved to see what they would have done if they were still around today. The Squirrel Nut Zippers video for "Ghost of Stephen Foster" is probably what they would have put out if they were a modern studio trying to "throwback" to their style.

>feminists
>strong and independent
Good one user

Yep, there was.....one.

>get close to the end
>Gee willikers I wonder how he'll get out of this one!
>he doesn't he just plain up an dies and it just cuts as he screams as skeleton devours him
Holy shit

It's almost like Fleischers fags sucked at everything except rotoscoping, which isn't even animation.

dunno about the best but they were definitely in the top five for Golden Age animation studios, along with Disney, Warner Brothers, and MGM(hard to say who the fifth studio would be though)

They're fun, I'm more into the Popeye stuff they did, specifically Popeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor and, Popeye the Sailor Meets Ali Baba's Forty Thieves.

Only decent comments in this thread.

Thanks for mentioning the Mild Mannered channel edition, my little brother has been talking about Fleischer Studios a lot, he has some DVDs of their work dubbed in Spanish, the Archive.org stuff, and some Dollar Store DVDs that I found recently. I'll have to pick up some of the sources that dude mentioned and send them his way.

Actually I'm trying to teach him some basic computer competence and give him little projects (along with home+car repair since my parents are not especially good at teaching basic life skills), maybe I'll suggest he try mixing the different video and audio sources together himself.

I love them, but Disney did beat them with Snow White in ways they could never compare.

Lois Lane afaik was modeled after Tippy Hedrens character in His Girl Friday. That woman was pretty much a dude who could stand her own and was a reporter who'd give everything for a good story. She was so "masculine" that in the remake she was portrayed by an actual man, Jack Lemon, minus the sexual tension between him and the male lead (Walter Mattau; Cary Grant in the original).

>1st / 2nd wave feminists == tumblr

No.

Wroooooong

Because "Gone with the Wind" was all about Rhett Baxters smugness.

Nah, she wasn't the "liberated" type.

Sometimes to the point of retardation

>I'm more into the Popeye stuff they did

theeeesss

it's cliche to say this, but classic disney is still the champ and probably always will be