How come Iron Man is liked despite having ZERO good stories and Captain Marvel is hated for the exact same reason?

How come Iron Man is liked despite having ZERO good stories and Captain Marvel is hated for the exact same reason?

look at that bitch, captain marvel is a fucking dyke

gross

Iron Man wasn't shoved in our faces and announced as the greatest hero ever at every opportunity.

>Iron Man is liked despite having ZERO good stories
Is this true? Does he really have zero good stories?

Um...except he was?

people love the movies
for most people not on Sup Forums it is their first and most meaningful interaction with iron man, and they consider them excellent stories

also, power armor is really cool

>Demon in a Bottle
>Armor Wars
>Iron Monger

VERSUS

>brainwashed and impregnated by a god who uses her womb to give birth to himself in the real world

Someone will say demon in a bottle but that story's lame

Are you being ironic user? Ill just assume that you are.

How does having a movie equate to what I said? Hell, if you're counting movies, then that negates the OP since Iron Man 1 was good.

Armor Wars
Demon in a Bottle
Extremis
Probably more.

They didn't change his costume, appearance and personality just because . No one kept relaunching his books and billing him as THE BEST hero.

Anyone can be Iron Man, to an extent. Maybe not the super genius, but anyone can build themselves into a better version of themselves.

No one reads comics.

Actually Carol's got plenty of good stories.

Iron Man has over 50 years of having a solo book, he has plenty of good stories, and his share of bad stories.

He doesn't have Award-Winning stories, he doesn't have Important Graphic Novels, and he doesn't have anything by writers who "matter", so casuals think he has nothing.

Only Extremis was great. Rest were just alright.

Literally the only good story she has involves Rouge stripping her of her powers and becoming a better, more interesting version

Extremis was pretty good.
But also movies.

Good Iron Man stories:

>Hypervelocity

Good Carol Stories:

>???

One is bigger than zero.

Rogue a shit.

The 90s JM Demattis Iron Man shit is also pretty good, where he gets the modular armor

and the arc that... Joe Quesada!?!?!... wrote with the sentient Single White Female armor was good too.

Carol needs someone with a harder edge to write her book. She's supposed to be like, a military space person. Less Kelly Sue Deconnick and Margaret Stohl and more Greg Rucka and Christopher Priest.

>god
That's being more than a little generous to Marcus, he was just the son that immortus didn't want so he dumped him off in a time bubble

wait, she got bloodborne'd? hah

Iron Man had a good movie. Once Captain Marvel movie comes out and they stop drawing her like a lesbo things will change

Holy fuck she's ugly as hell here.

Misogyny

Because this
youtube.com/watch?v=Y63i2NR9-LE

He has a one sentence synopses that can be used to craft even the simplest stories from:

Rich asshole reconciles with his past to try to become a good guy by making a cool suit of armor.

What's Carol's?

Tenure, part of a lot of good team runs, classic MvC character and Busiek and Fraction's are at the very least ok.

I hate them all user, Carol's not special.

I've said it before, I've never really liked Iron Man. He doesn't have any great stories but a lot of it is at least pretty entertaining. I was never interested in him until Adi Granov became the artist. I'd say in terms of story or the overall readability of his books, when I did read them, he's on the better end of average most of the time. A major difference is Iron Man was never "pushed" up until maybe a year or two before his movie. and that was primarily in other media. It was him showing up in Marvel animations and shit like that as a guest. If anything in comics it might have been Ultimates. Plus He's a founding Avenger and had at least two cartoon series.

With Carol, as Captain Marvel, there's this lack of subtlety or finesse to her promotion. And while obviously with the way that Marvel deals with making any of their properties popular today. The Marvels (Carol and Kamala) and Spiderman (Miles) are spread around as much as possible, for a variety of reasons, more than anything before. I think what makes Carol stand out is the change in look, importance, and personality from her character as Ms. Marvel. I think it makes the effort to popularize her even more visible. It clearly announces we're doing this for new readers/viewers and not "you guys". We've taken the things you like and disposed of them and we're going to remind you of it over and over again. The only thing I really notice changing about Iron Man, is maybe he's a little more witty and "quippy" now than he was in the past. Same facial hair, same attitude same uniform (basically). With Captain Marvel different hair, uniform, attitude and job and now that's almost everywhere. and on top of it all they (Marvel) don't seem to be listening to the fans. Because her books sell poorly and get canceled but they put out a very similar product instead of going back to what seems to get the most praise or at least trying something new. Carol comes off as taunt to readers more so than Iron Man.

because tony is a tragic hero

he is in theory the ultimate sorted man
-good looking
-rich
-smart

which puts him at the tippy top of the human dominance hierarchy

yet he is also a manipulative asshole and drinks to excess

he is too human bucko

people like a drunk to boot

Iron Man has cool technology. Carol Danvers is just a cunt with generic powers.

Captain Marvel used to be an interesting character, but then she got reinvented and has basically nothing in common with the character she used to be

Drunk power suit is awesome. He should have a blow and go.

Tony is a charming asshole, and carol it's a dyke.