Who is your favorite underpowered/underrated hero?

>Pic relevant

Specifically grells version

Although I expect him to get ruined now that they're propping him up for a Netflix show...

First I've heard of this. Most of the netflix shows are garbage, but I will hold out hope because I really want to like Moon Knight

It's obvious they're gonna make one. It'll be cheap as fuck to film, they can tackle "muh DiD" and get brownie points, all that jazz. Why do you think he's had a series nonstop since 2014, and all of them have been shitty past the Ellis run?

Funny thing is, they brough Ellis in to streamline the crazy aspect. He did, but then Marvel went full SJW, and retconned that again into a general "Marc, you're mentally ill and that's okay sweetie" story.

He'll get a NF show, but it won't be about fighting werewolves and punk ghosts. It'll be Mr. Robot, but worse.

Which storyline was it where they found out he wasn't crazy, he just had brain damage from housing a god in his head?

The Ellis run. Marvel brought him in to streamline the origin, but they figured out that they can push him as this mentally unstable guy from childhood, so they ignored that and gave us the same bullshit retcon.

So what happened after the Ellis run that was so bad? I don't think I read past his part in the series

>hoss

The same vol that continued was alright. A Brian Wood story about the psychiatrist setting MK up to get revenge on some African warlord who had raided her mansion when she was little. Pretty average political stuff. And a few one-shots by Cullen Bunn, with a Raptor Cult and a Ghost Slave Trade. Pretty fun.

After that ended, they announced the Lemore run, which was just a series of trippy issues that ultimately, after 14 issues, ended with Marc climbing at the top of a hospital, saying that he's crazy but that's okay because he's not broken, telling Khonshu to back off and... that's it. Khonshu dissappears, and Marc is happy he's now accepted that he's been mentally ill since he was a kid.

Yeah that sounds pretty dumb.

Yeah, well, prepare for more of that.

>Lemire's run
>Not pure capekino

>LEL ASYLUMS
>LEL TRIPPY SEQUENCES
>I'm crazy, and that's alright, uwu
>The literal plot is that Marc climbs the stairs of an abandoned building to once again say Khonshu to fuck off
>The ultimate resolution is that Khonshu fucks off

Lemire MK is pure Pleb Filter. KYS faggot.

>baww, I'm a little bitch who has to attribute everything to the filthy SJWs and not a part of the character that's been around for literal decades

I don't even get what you're saying about the "I'm crazy and that's alright" bullshit. Acknowledging his mental issues so he can try and get better is something terrible?

Boy, you sure don't know shit. Original Moon Knight, from the Moench run, the only worthy one, just used different identities the same way the Shadow did. He started getting lost in some of them, but it was always implied it was a case of Khonshu messing with him.

All the current runs have done is make him legitimately retarded. Khonshu always goes on and on about him having a "weak mind". Ellis streamlined him and made him actually scary. Lemire just turned him into a crybaby for brownie points.

Fuck you and your shitty "muh mental health" plots. MK works because he's a badass supernatural hunter with ties to Egyptian mythology. He's even tackled the pseudo-Illuminati. Fokin casual.

I think the thing that needs Moon Knight to work as a TV series is for all the mentally unstable and supernatural elements to be subtle implied to be a psychosis Mark is suffering from. Then again I have no idea how normie SJWs are going to react to a Jewish character appropriating a North African religion but the fallout will probably be beautiful, of course we're going to get the retarded normies going "HURR DURR WHITE BATMAN" but it's ridiculous comparing the two since it's like comparing Trump to Hitler.

I however expect Scarlett to be a very popular character if Moon Knight does well in a Netflix series but I'd personally like each episode to have a different feel and tone, I'd hate for it to be incredibly cold and sterile each episode.

Like I said above, the Khonshu/Ellis explaination is the most interesting and creepy. Pre-Khonshu Marc was an angry chad, but after getting a crisis of conscience, he had his mind infested by a literal Eldritch Abomination (Low-Tier). That's infinitely more interesting than "muh mental illness".

The supernatural stuff need to be real. He needs to fight ghosts, and werewolves. Making everything be in his head" just neuters the character. Doing thatin one or two episodes is okay, but having all of the SPN stuff be imaginary is just bad.

Who's your favorite character that will never get a complete trade collection?

O'Neil's run is my favorite cape comic.

when the FUCK is dc going to come out with an omni for oneil's run.

this guy. shame he's treated like shit by character in-universe as well, that's part of the what makes him good, but it's sad that writers treat him like shit as well

Source pls hoss

Never.

Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye, issue 9 I think?

>He did
Not really. Ellis did a horrible job and left too early. People just like it because it's light and action-y.

>underpowered

Easy.

It may have been just a well-done action book, but the origin/explaination he provided was both creepy and streamlined. Khonshu exists, fact. Marc's crazy Post his Rebirth was Khonshu infecting his brain and making it his nest.

I mean, what is more interesting? "Mental Illness, uwu" or "Eldritch Abomination borrowed inside your brain"?

Everyone loves the Fisherman

Jonah Hex Rebirth when?

He is sooooo fucking good in CCHACE.

Both him and Booster get very little respect as legitimate super heroes, since it's always easier to make them a joke than actually write them as characters who like to joke.
That's cape comics for you though. Everybody is defined by exactly one thing.

Hard to choose just one.

I like the idea of him fighting real supernatural shit while questioning basic random stuff
>did the Barista call me Mr. Knight?
>naaaah, that'd be crazy
*fights actual werewolves next scene

Blueberry.

...jontron?
why are you a cowboy now instead of a nazi?

That'd be an interesting angle. But the weird stuff NEED to be real. He can still be crazy due to Khonshu messing with him, but the supernatural stuff need to be real and scary.

Still can't find a favorite.

ironically johns ( who writes one dimensional characters ) wrote a good serious story about them in the beggining of booster gold, when he saved kord. he did that cause it was outside main continuity tho

SJW are the nazis /spoiler