Looking at the first four films of the dceu and mcu respectively

Looking at the first four films of the dceu and mcu respectively.

They both had a rough start with one great film to balance it out.

Anyone else optimistic the dceu will be able to turn around after wonder woman and became great like the mcu?

I wasn't at first, but Wonder Woman was pretty damn good, and Justice League is looking pretty neat. I've also loved everything I've heard about Aquaman so far, so yeah, I'm optimistic.

If Snyder does not return, anything is possible.

I don't know what's more retarded, calling iron man a "rough start" with how popular it was, or calling man of steel "a rough start" with how bad it was.

OP this is too much of a stretch for even plastic man.

You can be optimistic about future DCU movies, but the first ones were shit and everyone liked the marvel movies.

>They both had a rough start with one great film to balance it out.

That's the narrative we're going to push now that RT is supposed to be valid and trustworthy again.

it would be interesting if DC's future slate was a Vixen movie, a Harley movie, Zatanna, Batwoman etc

This. Iron Man sold like hotcakes on DVD/Blu Ray, not to mention merchandise.

All those sad Man of Murder toys just sat there in Wal-Mart looking sullen and angry.

For me, as film quality goes
Iron Man >= WW >= MoS >BvS(UC) >(TFA here)>>>>>> Thor > BvS(theatrical cut) > Iron Man 2 > Hulk >SS(both cut)

>after wonder woman and became great like the mcu
MCU went to shit after Winter Soldier. I hope DCEU carries its tone but lets its heroes be more heroic and hopefull like WW.

t. The Snyderfag with No Taste

>be Wondy fan
>see record of female-led comic book movies being shit
>see constant character assassination in adaptations and books outside her own
>utterly dread the very idea of a WW movie
>WW movie announced
>steel myself for the hellstorm
>director goes out of her way to do right by the character, and not that Xena knockoff shit
>people actually like it, film is a financial success
>possibly saves the DCEU as a franchise
Well, shit. Diana really IS best girl.

This is perhaps the one time I'm hoping for some synergy, because editorial might actually start paying attention when writers fuck up her characterization.

>MoS and BvS > anything Marvel
Denial is funny.

Don't forget it skyrocketed Iron man from a D-list hero to S-rank in a single movie without any other properties to help boost it up.

The DCEU could never do that.

You know you're talking to a dedicated Snyderfag when he separately lists the Theatrical and the Apology Cut, when the "fixed" version only makes the plot less disjointed, it keeps 100% of the stupid shit.

The whole Africa scene is a microcosm of how horrible they've treated the Superman franchise, making the chronology of it a little less WTF does not "fix" it.

Man of Steel Box office $668 million
BVS Box office $873.3 million
Suicide Squad Box office $745.6 million
Wonder Woman Box office $652.9 million

Iron Man Box office $585.2 million
The Incredible Hulk Box office $263.4 million
Iron Man 2 Box office $623.9 million
Thor Box office $449.3 million

If people really hate dceu so much why do they shell out more money for it?

Fans LOVE the movies. Critics HATE it. What a glaring disconnect. People just want to laugh & have fun.

>The whole Africa scene is a microcosm of how horrible they've treated the Superman franchise
Except not clarifying if he killed the Dictator what EXACTLY is wrong with the scene on a conceptual level? What the god damn fuck is wrong with showing why Superman can't get involved with geopolitics in film?

Fuck off

>If people really hate dceu so much why do they shell out more money for it?
Try comparing the DCEU films you listed to the MCU films released those same years.

Or if you want to keep dry eyes, best not.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE REEEEEE
You have every right to enjoy orenge slices and dance offs, personally i prefer Marvel movies like Iron Man 1, WS, TFA and want more like it.

We'll have to see how Justice League is before we can start seriously saying that they're "turning it around."

Only literal retards like Iron Man. He is the Nascar of superheroes.

>Tfw you liked IM1, TiH and Thor (less than the other two) a lot for different reasons

Nobody understands...

Because the DCEU is coming in a post-The Avengers world where capeshit is the hot topic right now

>> Iron Man 2 > Hulk
Fuck off.

>Shittily lit and colorless
>Lois in some preposterous situation for no raisin
>Jimmy Olsen is CIA as an "easter egg" before being violently killed because "fuck Superman's classic cast"
>Man of Can't Hear Mom in Trouble somehow hears someone threatening Lois on another continent
>HULK SMASHes some guy through TWO walls
>Later autistically spaghetti's when confronted about the situation
A microcosm

>Fans LOVE the movies. Critics HATE it.
look at OP's pic, proves your point.

This is the logic Bayformers fans have

6 = Among the best movies ever made
5 = Amazing / Superb
4 = Great
3 = Good
2 = Ok/Meh
1 = Bad
0 = Horrible

> Iron Man
> Iron Man 2
> Iron Man 3
high 3
> Thor
> Thor - The Dark World
3 maybe high 3.
> Incredible Hulk
4 or low 4.
> Captain America - TFA
> Captain America - TWS
> Captain America - Civil War
> Gotg
high 4
> Ant Man
> Doctor Strange
high 4
> Batman 89
> Batman Returns
> Batman Forever
> Batman & Robin
> Batman Begins
> The Dark Knight
> The Dark Knight Rises
> Green Lantern
> Superman - The Movie
> Superman 2
> Superman Returns
high 2 / low 3
> Man of Steel
> BVS (theatrical)
> BVS (UC)
> Suicide Squad

There are actually Bayformers fans?

>Fans LOVE the movies. Critics HATE it. What a glaring disconnect. People just want to laugh & have fun.

This is the answer to your question.

At least Bayformers fans don't pretend the movies are misunderstood masterpieces of high art.

You see that "T5 is the best Sup Forums to live-action adaptation" thread up right now? There's 'fans' of it all over the place

>>Shittily lit and colorless
A barren war torn desert is suppose to be colorful & pretty?
>>Lois in some preposterous situation for no raisin
Doing her fucking job is preposterous?
>>Jimmy Olsen is CIA as an "easter egg" before being violently killed because "fuck Superman's classic cast"
No more like "fuck useless comedy relief characters that don't fit this particular adaption"
>>Man of Can't Hear Mom in Trouble somehow hears someone threatening Lois on another continent
He was almost certainly watching or specifically listening in for Lois because he knew she was heading into danger.
Martha he has absolutely no reason to listen to constantly as she has no public connection to him like Lois does. Plus she was large number of states away from Metropolis.
>>HULK SMASHes some guy through TWO walls
Nothing whatsoever wrong with this.
Heating up the barrel of the gun could have set the ammunition off or caused the guy to panic and fire and speeding over there could have harmed Lois as his speed contains alot of impacting force hence why he told Lois to stand back when taking flight in Mos.
>>Later autistically spaghetti's when confronted about the situation
What are your referring to?

Yes.

I assumed that was ironic shitposting

Man of Steel Box office $668 million
BVS Box office $873.3 million
Suicide Squad Box office $745.6 million
Wonder Woman Box office $652.9 million

>within same time period

Iron Man 3 box office $1,250 million
Civil War box office $1,135 million
Doctor Strange box office $677 million
GotG 2 box office $851 million

ha ha.

Iron Man is still the best film they've got. Only because of Gwyn though.

>The Dark Knight
>Among the best movies ever made
This is a shitpost, right?

I like the 1st one and a few elements of the 2nd but not enough to have seen the following films.
Because they are brainless action fest 100% of the way through their run time. Mos & Bvs spent a ton of time world building and building up their characters.
And no no one who is seriously thinks they are flawless masterpieces. Mos is my 2nd favorite film and even I don't think it is flawless.

It is flawless aside from Maggie not being all that attractive.

>Iron Man came out in 2008

Why does that make me feel so old

So your medications have completely blacked out everything Coinface and the Batcomputer shenanigans?

Because Coinface rampaging around with OMFG A REVOLVER was some Syfy level shit.

>Except not clarifying if he killed the Dictator

but they do clarify this, he flat out says he didnt kill anyone and the woman says she lied about him killing anyone

Because it was 9 fucking years ago? Don't feel bad, user. All humans do it.

Make it stop

This. He stunned him through two brick walls at blinding velocity.
Just like we decimated areas of the city that were oh-so-conveniently abandoned.

Basically they could burn guys to death in SUV's and have someone say "Whew, those guys barely made it out!".

All this DCU apologists
>hurrdur suicide squad is good tho reeeeeeeeee
Fucking sad.

Can I get a hell yeah to Gwyns feet?

What the actual fuck are you talking about?
There is nothing wrong with 2 Face being about small scale revenge.
Go watch Batman Forever if you want elaborate campy garbage with the character.

Hulk was a flop, DCEU didn't flopped yet

>build universe on beloved film
>start grounded and build slowly to the team up
>continue with consistent quality throughout
>able to jump genres while never betraying the tone
>colorful antihero team up feels earned
>cosmic connected universe built on grounded beginnings

>build universe on polarizing film
>team up film immediately despite having rich solo character histories
>colorful antihero team up doesn't feel earned
>proper solo film though the tone is betrayed

>This. He stunned him through two brick walls at blinding velocity.
He may have had his arm around his backside.
>Just like we decimated areas of the city that were oh-so-conveniently abandoned.
They didn't decimate anything in Bvs except some empty warehouses & oil refinery stuff. And it wasn't convenient at all. Batman specifically chose the empty port for his showdown with Clark.

>. And it wasn't convenient at all. Batman specifically chose the empty port for his showdown with Clark.
I think he's talking about the Doomsday fight where at like 3 separate points you hear someone say "that area is abandoned" or something

The DCEU aborted its first attempt at launch with Green Lantern, which made $19 million over it's budget.

Compared to Incredible Hulk's $113 million over it's budget.

MCU underperformed with Hulk, DCEU detonated on the launchpad.

Why is it so hard for Snyder/the writer to come up with scenes where the heroes actively, you know, act as heroes and save lives during the fight instead of either forgetting about it (MoS) or dismissing the issue with throwaway lines like that?

>Hulk is appearing this year in 4th MCU film

>WB refuses to mention Green Lantern in public.

>Hulk gets audience cheers in Avengers

>Green Lantern is a laugh-line in Deadpool

Yes and the Doomsday fight took place in the port that Batman had picked for his fight with Clark because Batman lured DD back there because of the spear. And they only said it once.

>A barren war torn desert is suppose to be colorful & pretty?

When you can't tell the difference between an apocalypse and just a warzone, there might be a problem.

>Doing her fucking job is preposterous?

Interviewing an African warlord when all they do is murder people, cut off women's clitorises and rape people is really stupid. There is no reason such an interview couldn't have been done over the phone/Skype.

>No more like "fuck useless comedy relief characters that don't fit this particular adaption"

That explains why you're OK with Clark being a 30 year old loser with no friends, who is one death away from buddying up with the God of Evil.

>He was almost certainly watching or specifically listening in for Lois because he knew she was heading into danger.
Martha he has absolutely no reason to listen to constantly as she has no public connection to him like Lois does. Plus she was large number of states away from Metropolis.

And yet he couldn't hear Martha from across a bay. Why did Eisenberg bring Martha all the way from Kansas to (Not) New York? That must be at least a thousand miles.

>Nothing whatsoever wrong with this.
Heating up the barrel of the gun could have set the ammunition off or caused the guy to panic and fire and speeding over there could have harmed Lois as his speed contains alot of impacting force hence why he told Lois to stand back.

He smashes him anyway. He could have just grabbed his gun and destroyed it.

>during the fight
Because it's NOT FUCKING POSSIBLE in a 1 on 1 fight scene. Especially with beings who move as fast a Zod.
Doing so would result in 3 options.
>1 - The villain floating/standing around doing jack shit letting Clark saving people.
>2 - The villain sneak attacking Clark (which Zod did the instant Clark's back was turned to look up at the explosion caused by the oil truck) or the people he is saving.
>3 - The villain blitz attacking other civilians.
Keeping the villain focused on him and only him was factually provably the morally right fucking thing to do.

>NOT FUCKING POSSIBLE

It's a movie. Whatever the writer wants to make happen is possible, there's no rules except "avoid crappy writing". The movie's supposed to make me believe a man can fly, not that i should pray to never meet him or my house will fall on my face

I wish every Bayformers fan was rounded up and gassed

>Interviewing an African warlord when all they do is murder people
Going by the dialogue he was clearly one who was trying to put up a front of being a legitimate leader.
>There is no reason such an interview couldn't have been done over the phone/Skype.
He didn't want to give away his location.
>That explains why you're OK with Clark being a 30 year old loser
He isn't even vaguely a looser he is a fucking hero who sacrificed having a normal life to keep hidden and save thousands of lives who would die if he revealed himself.
> And yet he couldn't hear Martha from across a bay
She was gagged at least part of the time.
> He could have just grabbed his gun and destroyed it.
Like I fucking said speeding over there and grabbing it could have harmed Lois.

Snyderfags are more practiced at these sorts of mental gymnastics than Big Tobacco Lawyers.

>and save thousands of lives who would die if he revealed himself.

>It's a movie
Set in a half way realistic setting with believable limitations on it's characters abilities.
>there's no rules except "avoid crappy writing".
Yes and giving him mary sue powers to be able to do everything perfectly and writing the villain to let him do so would be crappy fucking writing.

To be fair, it's Marvel's C and D-listers up against DC's S and A-listers coming right out of the gate. Batman (especially Batman), Superman, and Wonder Woman already had widespread notoriety before the DCEU, while most of MCU's current lineup were mostly relegated to shitty cartoons or missable movies. You could argue Marvel's branding power has propped its ongoing performance, but its still impressive how it turned relatively forgettable characters in the public's eye into household names that people actually like in such a short span of time.

It's not mental gymnastics, It's provable fact.
If they left in the line about killing the human race 1 by 1 by hand then Zod floating about letting Clark rescue people would factually be absurd and out of character and break the momentum & suspense of the battle.
Zod sneak attacking him when his back was turned proves how fast and easily he can do so when Clark is distracted.

>Anyone else optimistic the dceu will be able to turn around after wonder woman and became great like the mcu?

I wish it would happen because I think DC has a lot of interesting source material to pull from, but as of right now I don't have any faith in WB. They fucked up Batman AND Superman in the same movie, it's kind of hard to forgive that

Muslims would burn shit down on a level unseen if a being came to exist that proves their religion wrong.

>The "savior" of DCEU is going to fall well short of Deadpool, which did not open in China.

>Wonder Woman
>great

Confirmed for low standards.

It was a 6/10 film at best. Good, but with significant flaws, one of which is an abysmal third act that the film would actually be better without. I don't regret seeing it, but I wouldn't watch it again.

>realistic setting with believable limitations on it's characters abilities.
A
FUCKING
SUPERMAN
MOVIE.
Now I know I am being rused.

>Going by the dialogue he was clearly one who was trying to put up a front of being a legitimate leader.

So? The leaders of Boko Haram put up a front of legitimate leadership.

>He didn't want to give away his location.

Use a VPN?

Also, there was a US unit with set up tents nearby. I think they already knew where the guy was.

Does anybody else think it's hilarious that the CIA gave there agent a giant flashing tracker? Surely they could have just used an app on a smartphone or smart watch.

>He isn't even vaguely a looser he is a fucking hero who sacrificed having a normal life to keep hidden and save thousands of lives who would die if he revealed himself.

He has 2 people that he is close to and one is his mum. He had no friends whatsoever. He only maintains his job because his boss is a moron who hires randoms with no college education and doesn't fire them when they spit in his face over a major story.

>She was gagged at least part of the time.

He couldn't hear a large group of heavily armed men? Also he was able to hear Lois from continents away.

>Like I fucking said speeding over there and grabbing it could have harmed Lois.

So instead of just grabbing the guns and pushing him against the wall, he murders the guy?

>wah wah he is still alive

Wouldn't he have been made to give a statement at that hearing? Some rando was allowed to with virtually no background check.

Wonder Woman finally gives them a First Avenger; they are still going to need an Iron Man.

As hard as they are trying to make Bruce into PTSD Stark, Affleck just can't carry that weight.

They need a recast STAT.

>D-list

If the A-List was Spidey and the X-Men then Iron Man and his fellow Avengers were B-List.

No you are not, there is nothing fucking wrong with treating the world around the powered characters with realism & limitations like Earth One or the early Ultimate Universe did.
If the characters are all fucking powerful and never fail on any level whatsoever then there is no fucking tension or weight to the events at all.

>He has 2 people that he is close to and one is his mum. He had no friends whatsoever.
He seemed friendly with the bar girl.
And being a recluse by choice does not equal being a looser.
>Also he was able to hear Lois from continents away.
Once again we have no idea where he was.
>he murders the guy?
1 - Killing in self defense or defense of others isn't murder.
2 - No evidence he killed him.
3 - YES if the other option might injure your loved one of fucking course you take the harsh measure against the fucker threatening to kill her.
>Wouldn't he have been made to give a statement at that hearing?
The CIA likely black sited him.

A-List = Spidey, Hulk, Wolverine
B-List = Punisher, rest of Uncanny X-Men, Deadpool
C- List = Fantastic Four, Avengers, Doctor Strange, Daredevil
D- List = Ghost Rider, Blade
Who? List = Guardians of the Galaxy, Howard the Duck, Man-Thing

There's no "realistic" limitations on Superman's abilities in the Snyderverse.

He can fly through planet-altering super gravity waves while subjected to powers-robbing Krypton atmosphere. He can get whalloped by Kryptonian super-soldiers without getting his hair mussed or even a scratch.

The only things that can harm him in the slightest are Magic Green Space Rocks.

Just like Every Single Other Version.

>He seemed friendly with the bar girl.
>And being a recluse by choice does not equal being a looser.

If he had had a wedding, he wouldn't have been able to have a best man. He is a loser.

>Once again we have no idea where he wa

He was also able to hear Lois from his dream but couldn't hear his own mother or her guards?

>3 - YES if the other option might injure your loved one of fucking course you take the harsh measure against the fucker threatening to kill her.

So instead of just grabbing the gun, he smashes the guy past Lois. He would have done less damage by just grabbing the gun. If you think differently you are just retarded.

>The CIA likely black sited him.

They still let a rando testify, with no fucking background check at all.

Hot damn are you all kinds of retarded.

>Punisher
>B-list

In what fucking world?

>Punisherfags being salty morons
Not even a little surprising

literally ignored his comment lol

> Can't time travel.
> His speed has a lot of concussive force so he can't just rush and grab people without harming them.
> His eye beams when at fuller outputs cease to be directed by the aim of his eyeballs.
> When he propelled himself out of the falling Wayne Tower he tried to slow down but went into a tumble and crashed into the parking garage.
> He can't lift preposterous objects without their structures collapsing around his grip.
> Can't be in 2 places at once (Indian ocean vs metropolis).

And it's less about the powers being realistic and more the writing being such & being honest and not walking on egg shells.
They let Metropolis suffer destruction, they let Clark make mistakes, they make Clark worldly & not naively blind to humanities darkness, they let Batman be humanized and break down after 20 years of failure and break his codes.

>He was also able to hear Lois from his dream
He was already back in or near Metropolis when he heard her having been thrown.
>If you think differently you are just retarded.
If his shockwaves from his speed are harmless then why did he tell Lois to stand back in Mos?
Why did the Flash in his 711 rescue cause a mess when he speed hit the robber?

>rough start
>with the film that kickstarted the golden age of capeshit and shared universe bullshit again
My sides, and Cap and Thor were well liked. It sold Evans and Hemsomething to the people. WW gave me hope for solos, still wanna see how she does in a film without her Steve.
WW is their Ironman too. They rebooted Batman too soon. RDJ had no precursor so people will remember him like they remember Reeve.

I'm sorry, you think I'm a Punisherfag?

Snyderfriends allows seem to be in this reality where Snyder has no control over the scenarios presented in the film. The answer is to not write those situations in the first place. This is why the defended for the neck snap are stupid.

I'm thinking you're a dumbass who thinks 3 low budget films spread out over decades = A List.

Punisher was important in comics for a while, but that means nothing to normies.

>The answer is to not write those situations in the first place.
But that is cowardly walking on egg shells instead of creating a story with weight, tension & consequences.
Some of us desperately fucking want a Superman film that is fucking serious & not easy walk in the dog park.
A character who has to struggle & endure hardship and sacrifices is inherently more inspirational then one who can solve anything with no downside or struggle at all.

>WW is their Ironman too.
When Gadot starts pushing films to a billion dollars, get back to me. She won't have Pine carrying her next time.

>he thinks I think Punisher is A-list

lol

>A character who has to struggle & endure hardship and sacrifices is inherently more inspirational then one who can solve anything with no downside or struggle at all.

Yet that version of Superman has been an enduring Icon for over 60 years.

You're trying to take a different hero's story and laminate it over Superman. It doesn't take well to being TDK'd.

She's the closest thing.I doubt they can pull it with Moana or Erza if they ever make a Flash movie.

They simply need to hand over the Bat-mantle to someone less famous but more appealing.

Ben is too drunk and sleepy for this shit.

It's not easy being green.

So why didn't they?
He revealed himself.
Hell, Zod revealed a whole lot more.
So where's the shit burning down?

>Yet that version of Superman has been an enduring Icon for over 60 years.
Then he can survive pandering to a different target audience for a individual adaption, just like James Bond survived various changes in tone & style.

It doesn't matter if they actually did so or not it's was still a valid concern and it shows that this Superman actually considers the consequences of his actions instead of blindly believing everything will work out find like a fucking child.

You have the audience scores right in the OP you fucking shill

>It doesn't matter if they actually did so or not
Goalposts successfully moved.
>Superman is a pessimist like mature adults like me
Just admit you don't actually like the character. You're don't have to.

The audience scores show Marvel wins 3 of the 4 bouts, with Wonder Woman topping Thor.

Which, frankly, SHOULD be what happened, because it's fucking Wonder Woman. The real odd thing is Hulk having a better audience score than BvS.