Is he the darkest villain in the MCU?

Is he the darkest villain in the MCU?

He's whiter than wonderbread, senpai.

>Racist comment about the guy from Luke Cage.

Considering he ate his own children,yes he's probably the darkest villain

And wanted to replace all life with himself.

Oh my god he's the Thing

What? He didn't eat them. He just killed them painlessly and hid them in a cave.

They decomposed on the planet that is his body. He ate them.

I just want a montage of him throwing bodies into a pit with Mantis going from crying to her awkward self being used to hearing the thud of them hit the ever growing pile.

>Oh my god he's the Thing

Oh fug.

He's actually the assimilated MacReady in the Thing. And instead of killing Earth, he just travel the universe.

What song would they play over that? Cat's In The Cradle?

Cat Stevens - Where Do the Children Play

10/10

You monster

Not really. It's not like he got any nutrition from their bodies. Nor is their any indication that they would have worked their way into the planet form like an Earth-type planet. He wasn't literally a planet with an ecosystem that relied on shit like that. That was just one of his forms.

If I remember correctly, I think they specifically said the whole reason he killed them was to take back the portion of his power he gave them since they weren't able to use it.

So yeah, he kind of ate them...

...holy shit, you're right.

>Is he the darkest villain in the MCU?
He had the perfect balance of broad galactic wide threat, and extremely personal and relate-able jackassness.

You are able to hate him on a personal level, because he is a horrible person. The fact that he wants to kill all life in the world just is an aside.

Compare him to the Dark Elves in The Dark World. I never once felt hatred towards the Dark Elves. They were not personal enough as villains.

Don't you have movies to write, James?

An despite being a totally hateable dick he's sort of tragic, or at least pitiable. I think he did love Peter's mom in his way, and he obviously wanted to connect with his son or he wouldn't have opened up about it. But in the end his ego prevented him from settling for simple human companionship.

I mean, Malekith did the exact same thing as Ego, he killed the protagonist's mother.

No, he killed them because they didn't have the connection to whatever power source he had.

In his own words, not one of them carried the Celestial genes. They were his progeny, but he didn't consider them his true children.

Gunn said before the movie came out that he wanted to explore how lonely Ego's existence would be, and how it'd shape him. I think he balanced that pathos pretty well with making him into more of an eldritch character.

I thought he killed them while testing them for his cosmic power.

>I mean, Malekith did the exact same thing as Ego, he killed the protagonist's mother.
But that doesn't have any emotional weight because it was just war. She had her sword out and isn't exactly a weak damsel. Her death matters to the brothers but not to the audience. The Dark Elves are killers but they are not assholes.

Just to expand on that, no one was mad at Ego because he killed Peter's mum. That alone doesn't mean anything to the audience. It was the betrayal that matters. The Dark Elves didn't betray anybody. They want us dead because they want their old Empire back, that is understandable. But never once did I feel the Dark Elves are actually evil. They are just another race who lost everything, I never cared about Thor beating them.

All puns aside, Cottonmouth was pretty fucking dark at least because of how fucked up his childhood was.

MCU Malekith also has no personality. He's just an even duller version of Azog: A pissed off Albino that growls in some made up language and has no real desires beyond destroying people.

>But never once did I feel the Dark Elves are actually evil. They are just another race who lost everything, I never cared about Thor beating them.

This.

In fact, this was apparently why the film got butchered in editing. In the original take, Malekith's wife was killed by Odin and this is what drove him try to plunge the universe back into eternal darkness. Him killing Frigga was his revenge.

Execs thought the whole conflict was too morally dubious so everything that could have made Malekith interesting was thrown out.

There are so many shots in the film that make more sense when you keep this in mind, like that cold rage on Malekith's face when he chucks the black hole grenade at Odin's throne.

Korath is the darkest villain in the MCU, followed by Algrim/Kurse

>Azog
You really put a strain on me to remember who that was, what a memorable trilogy.

He didn't give the woman he claimed to love fucking brain cancer though.

That just makes me angry. It would have been SO MUCH BETTER.

Yeah, but how would they find time to squeeze in the love subplot between Darcy the intern and her intern?

Yeah.

It was all going to be about Thor realizing that his dad was kinda a douche and reevaluating things, before going on to forge his own path. He was going to try to stop the conflict without too much bloodshed before it became apparent than what Odin had done was just to shitty for Malekith to ever get over; it was either Malekith got what he wanted and punished the entire universe for the wrong against him, or Thor killed him despite it feeling like a generally shitty and unjust way for everything to end.

It would have made his decision to stay on Earth and decline Asgard's throne make more sense too.

Thank god that Feige doesn't have to answer to Perlmutter anymore. I don't think we'll have any more significant moments lost in the cutting room floor because the villain has to be a villain and nothing else.

>Cat Stevens - Where Do the Children Play
James, you couldn't wait for DVD to come out to give us this deleted scene?

>It would have made his decision to stay on Earth and decline Asgard's throne make more sense too.
This sounds like another Ironman 3; that the film had a great idea that was eventually cut out, leading to the film itself becoming pointless. (That the real Mandarin is suppose to be female and Tony's one night stand.)

Changing the core twist of the film just shouldn't be allowed. You get left with a hollow story that gets nowhere.

>You really put a strain on me to remember who that was, what a memorable trilogy.
The thing is nobody really gives a shit about Azog, because he didn't have a prominent role in the books and any role he did have was VASTLY overshadowed by the true badass of the book/trilogy, Smaug.

Just the fact that they had to strain so hard to keep Smaug relevant in the third movie when he dies within the first ten minutes really says how little they prepared for the aftermath of Smaug's death, considering in the books the war isn't particularly gripping.

That's not entirely true.

Malekith would've still attempted to plunge the universe into darkness because that's the natural environment of the Dark Elves, but would've been defeated by Odin's father, Bor.

However, Bor would murder Malekith's wife and infant children in front of him after he had surrendered, as punishment for his actions, and that's what would've fueled Malekith's centuries-old vendetta against Asgard.

>However, Bor would murder Malekith's wife and infant children in front of him after he had surrendered, as punishment for his actions, and that's what would've fueled Malekith's centuries-old vendetta against Asgard.
That would certainly show how morally grey Asgard is, which is VERY much appropriate to Norse Mythology. Norse gods were very much assholes themselves, thought not as much as latter Greek versions.

Oh well, no point worrying over the past. We just hope for better Thor films in the future.

Could be worse, Bor could have some [Unsolicited Opinions on Israel???].

I always figured that was why Yondu told Quill the other ravagers were gonna eat him.
>Spends years thinking he's re-uniting a dad with his kids
>discovers the cave of corpses
>nopes the fuck out before delivering Quill
>Has a nervous breakdown in front of a bathroom mirror
>"he ate 'em... he was gonna eat him..."
Quill: "Eat who?"
Yondu: "You!... I mean, the other ravagers... we'll... um... they wanted to.. " etc.

damn

>That the real Mandarin is suppose to be female and Tony's one night stand.

Why the fuck did they change this anyway?

>Why the fuck did they change this anyway?
Ike believes that "no one wants to sell female merchandise", thus Mandarin can't be a woman. This despite the fact that there was never any Mandarin merchandise anyway.

There is a reason Ike has been banished to Marvel TV. He is too big to fire but he is now dumped in the place where he can do the least damage.

Does God exists in MCU?
If it doesn't, then yes, Egon it's the darkest villain of MCU.

It's not just that. Malekith killed Thor's mom partly due to self-defense, but also because he wanted revenge on Asgardians for killing his people. I could understand why he'd do it and why he thought it'd be fair.

Ego killed Peter's mom and showed absolutely no remorse or second thought about it. It was a minor inconvenience to him compared to how deeply it affected Peter. That's what pissed off Peter and so many people in the audience. That was earned scorn.

>Does God exists in MCU?
In Marvel the Abraham god and Jesus are both extremely weak beings who are not relevant. Marvel Santa likely outranks both.
DC has The Presence, DC multiverse is specifically a Christian world.

>"Yondu, you're not making se-"
>"Boy weren't you listenin'?! The other Ravagers, they wanna eat ya, and I just might let 'em if you don't shut up and go clean the brig!"

Not even close.

>Egon it's the darkest villain of MCU.

>villain
That's not Matt Murdock.
>gets a man who made the city better arrested
>gets an old lady killed
>because of his actions Wesley dies

>MCU finally has a great villain
>and it's in GotG 2
World's full of surprises

Filthy Frank - I Eat Ass

And now we know why the Dark Elves' masks look like crying children.

>yfw "It broke my heart when I had to put that tumor in her brain"

I unironically agree with you

But he fought off a zombie ninja invasion, that has to count for something, right?

If ever you see a greentext that ends in a period, know that the poster does not belong

i had a problem with that line
why even fucking bring it up

It all makes sense...

Peter was pretty chill when he told that he had relations with other women, he assumed he would be cool about the other revelation.

that doesnt make it any less stupid
just let peter assume that it was a natural death and the plan probably would have just went through

I saw the film at the drafthouse with my family when I came back to visit. My mom was looking down at the menu under the table light and writing something, and when he said that her head immediately sprang up.

>and now he's here to F@$# us!
That more or less sums up Ego's plan.

Yeah, he sprung it outta nowhere. Peter should be asking him shit like "Why couldn't you save her?" and he eventually let it slip or something.

It always comes back to Ike the Kike

Are you surprised that a character named EGO was so up his ass he wouldn't realize there was any problem at all?

Peter was brainwashed during that scene, Ego didn't account for the fact that his love/anger would be strong enough to get him back to his senses. Plus it's Ego, he probably even expected sympathy

>Plus it's Ego, he probably even expected sympathy
>"Oh, poor dad, it must have been real tough for you kill mom"
>"I'm glad you understand, son"

i think you gotta have a talk with mommy, make sure she puts you in that will shes writing

Already a cat Stevens song on the album.

>Marvel Santa
Actual Santa, or did you mean Satan?

His... Ego?

The character's name is EGO! Look up the definition of it.

Santa Claus.
He's also a mutant.

I couldn't belive how big son of a bich he was when he did and said that.
And what's worse, he didn't realize his wrongdoing, he thought it was common sense to do that.

I just want some Megadeth in the next movie
It's 80's music and quill finds out his mom was also a metalhead but soared her kid the music because he was like eight
Cue space battle to the sound of tornado of souls or my last words

>he's the Thing

I always heard that at the end he was human, but Keith David was The Thing.