CLARENCE TALKBACK

Awwright, it's a Clarence thread! It's the last week of June which means the last week of new Clarence - don't feel down friend, everyone loves the summertime!

youtube.com/watch?v=EzA5AQ-a-v4

>Missing Cat (6/26)
Chelsea's real cool and strong and all but her cat's gone missing! Clarence helps her comb the streets of nocturnal Aberdale.

>Big Trouble in Little Aberdale (6/27)
Clarence and the gang stumble across this weird new kid and they show her a good time.

>The Dare Day (6/28)
Clarence and Sumo dare each other to do a bunch of dumb stuff. Jeff has a chill vacay in Spain.

>The Trade (6/29)
Oh no! Clarence traded away Chad's sentimental baseball card! He's gonna have to get it back somehow with his amazing people skills.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!hfBljaBD!2uGhw7oOugQQFbGc3wR71w
mega.nz/#!S9Qz3JgZ!ZGYLVYtrKwWcCqSloCJy31LZIrDOgNP-avmoIoFDcfg
mega.nz/#!S0ZgSKKb!t4JuRvdD8fzzgh3Ljwz50FZYsukcacBgQVzgSN5HPVs
files.catbox.moe/gskmri.mp4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=T8vRxBrtA5U
goodreads.com/book/show/109993.My_Mother_is_the_Most_Beautiful_Woman_in_the_World
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Last week was fun, so this should be good too. Chelsea ep should be fun at any rate.

>Chelsea episode today
Good shit.

Been hearin' good things about today's Chelsea episode from people who've already seen it, so I'm totally pumped!

chelsea vs nathan

just one hour

Do we have somewhere that these new episodes are being uploaded? I missed last weeks.

Bumping because i'd like to know too

mega.nz/#F!hfBljaBD!2uGhw7oOugQQFbGc3wR71w
Is missing "Just Wait in the Car" but here's a link for that one mega.nz/#!S9Qz3JgZ!ZGYLVYtrKwWcCqSloCJy31LZIrDOgNP-avmoIoFDcfg

Amazing. Many thanks user.

You're in charge of writing an episode that involves Clarence's dad. How would you write it?

The reason he left is because Mary caught him molesting Clarence.

>chelsea episode
Fuck yeah

That was a good episode

I do say, I quite agree my good chum.

download link here

mega.nz/#!S0ZgSKKb!t4JuRvdD8fzzgh3Ljwz50FZYsukcacBgQVzgSN5HPVs

files.catbox.moe/gskmri.mp4

This is why I'm a dog person.
Cats are evil.

Caught the end of that episode, why the fuck was it so sad? That really got to me.

Based

thanks, my man

I'm gonna miss this show

how the fuck is Chelsea so strong when her arms are thin? She's stronger than mens with thick arms.. how's that work? where physics?

>Clarence and the gang stumble across this weird new kid and they show her a good time.
>they show her a good time
Clarence no!

i cant think of a way to write a fucking deadbeat never-sees-his-kid dad without ruining the tone this show has. i mean shit gets real from time to time, but nobody's that bad.

that fucking ghibliesque cloud of cats..
the one that leaps into a box.
would cats ever even need probiotics? as carnivores dont they have a pretty short gut that isn't hugely involved?

I think opening a fire hydrant with her bare hands was too far, but otherwise this was a good Chelsea episode. Anyone here seen Felidae? Things got a little reminiscent.

Scrambles looked old and a little sickly, probably needed some dietary supplements. That said Chelsea's drawing looked nothing like Scrambles. I wonder if Clarence was talking about this in reference to his previous cat?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=T8vRxBrtA5U

how swell!

>I used to have a cat. But he was mean. He'd bite and scratch me all the time, so when he ran away mom said "Bye cat, we don't miss you!"
Wow, real subtle.

Maybe Nathan's all fat. Plus, he didn't seem all that into it so she probably used force of will or whatever.

Yeah, that was weird. Maybe she was remembering what he used to look like.

chelsea vs gilben who wins?

there's this.
PS. requesting chelsea vs gilben at arm wrassling
honestly it reminds me of that story about the lost girl who said her mom was the most beautiful woman in the world. the village gathered all the hotties and turns out her mom was old and fa... thicc.

>Still no Hajime no Ippo season 4

Chelsea and Clarence make a good team. Her voice sounded kind of different this episode but maybe I'm only just noticing because she had a lot more lines than usual.

Clarence spends the day hanging out with a stranger whose name we never clearly hear and whose entire face we never quite see. Clarence either tries to remember where he's seen this dude before but can't place it or doesn't know him from Adam even though the guy acts as if he knows Clarence very well. Chad may also tag along, totally oblivious but feeling somewhat unnerved and a little inadequate that this stranger is getting along so well with Clarence, but in the end he's cheered up by something Clarence says or does that shows just how much he cares about Chad. The episode ends with Clarence going home to supper and starting to tell Mary about what he did that day.
Title: A Pretty Great Day with a Guy.

Random reminder the series finale has to be Jeff, Sumo, or Clarence moving away.

>not Clarence, Sumo and Jeff meeting up as adults and visiting the places they used to have adventures

>honestly it reminds me of that story about the lost girl who said her mom was the most beautiful woman in the world. the village gathered all the hotties and turns out her mom was old and fa... thicc
Never heard of it. What's the name of the story?

That would actually be pretty sweet.

>That's your cat? It's the ugliest, meanest cat I've ever seen, ever in my life.
I don't know why I laughed so hard at this.

There's not enough of these stories in shows

It was a pretty blunt and negative comment for Clarence.

Not a terrible episode, but they dropped the ball when it came to writing Chelsea.

>beats a boy twice her weight in an arm wrestle
>basically the man of the house, her father is aloof and incompetent
>can easily handle a group school project on her own
>can also cook
>can open a fire hydrant with just her bare hands
>always paired or sided with incompetent/inferior males at any given moment (Clarence, Nathan, Percy, her father, the park ranger)
>her only discernible fault was that she was reluctant to accept help from others, but she easily overcame that too

A lot of the charm in Clarence came from the grossly imperfect but relatable characters, but Chelsea was barely either.

Clarence and friends find their way into the attic of the house and begin searching through its items. Everyone finds their own items to keep themselves occupied with, meanwhile Clarence finds an unmarked box filled with pictures. It turns out a large majority of the pictures are about Mary and his father on vacation together while she's pregnant. Clarence imagines the vacation albeit through his own warped imagination, with Jeff and Sumo occasionally stopping the story to make their own adjustments to it.
Nothing about what the dad's canon personality or current appearance is confirmed.

Circumstance makes it so Clarence is in the care of Ms Shoop who doesn't have time for his bullshit. He does something that pisses her off so she locks him in the basement telling him to sit at the top of the stairs.
As he stares into the dimly lit basement his imagination goes wild and begins to see things happening down there. Things start getting intense but he autistically just sits at the top of the stairs freaking out.In the end he decides it was all in his imagination. Spooky stinger of the basement door closing itself when nobody is around.

That or Clarence comes across a Homeless guy's stuff and messes around with it not realizing it's a homeless guys stuff.
He keeps going back to the spot.
One day the homeless guy is there.
They have a chat.
He never realizes he was homeless.

Clarence meets an adult and had a really good day with him. Superficially, it would be like any other "Clarence meets [x] and fun stuff happens" without any hint that he is actually his father.
Just like all the times he has been "referenced" in the show. It's only "us" who clang into the idea.

thanks a lot sempai

That's fair. I don't think Chelsea's had much of a personality over the series (kinda tomboyish, into gross/macabre stuff) and this is her first real episode (unless you count Too Gross for Comfort). I think they were going for the archetype of the super OP character who doesn't work well with others but they didn't really make her interesting enough - in another episode they mentioned Chelsea's mom's still around and it'd probably be more interesting if she wasn't because it'd be implied that Chelsea was kind of forced to be the "competent" family member who does everything I think you're kind of reading into some of these things too much but I agree with your point.

If it makes you feel any better Chelsea does something horrendously dickish later.

>it's a "girl character is VERY smart and VERY powerful" pandering episode
i hat chelsea now

>If it makes you feel any better Chelsea does something horrendously dickish later.

How do you know this?

All good ideas. I'm surprised Sup Forums understands that this show is ultimately light-hearted at the end of the day.

which episode?

>can easily handle a group school project on her own
>can also cook

that's supposed to be hard?

>spoiler
oh boy, i bet it's in the way that it's either
>gets away with it
>done in a way where you're supposed to sympathize with her or she had a self-made view as to why it was fine

like if everyone acts like dicks over what she did and it sways it from being her being bad to them over-chastising her and hurting her feelings and that she totally didn't deserve it

Eh, not that user but that's just a direct list that she can handle everything, i mean it doesn't have to be hard but she could've not been perfect at cooking or something, but she is

>kid centered series that isn't just "mini adults" crap
yes!

>except the woman character that can handle anything
fuck!

It's weird how people are complaining about Chelsea when one of the main characters pretty much has no flaws other than being too rambunctious sometimes.

>when one of the main characters
mind elaborating? it's like you came here just to defend her

> has no flaws other than being too rambunctious sometimes
Sumo

I dunno, compare this episode to "Stump Brothers" or something. Sumo does have a few flaws (messing with the ice machine) but he's pretty much just a kid who's good at nail-stumping. The key to that episode is that Sumo has to deal with his brother and overcome adversity - the stuff with Pete and his slave children is a bit outlandish but it's filled with heart.

It's not so much that Chelsea is flawless, it's more that they spend so much time at the beginning emphasizing that she IS strong and handles a lot of the housework by herself. Credit where it's due - the group project thing was good at establishing that she didn't like working with others but it doesn't feel as earned. The amount of character growth doesn't feel as significant - I kind of wish they had Chelsea and Clarence come up with some kind of plan together rather than having them save each other independently a few times. Also the fire hydrant bit was a little ridiculous. At the end Chelsea gratuitously repeats something Clarence said about teamwork and you don't really feel like she's grown much as a character. I don't hate this episode but they could've handled it a lot better which is pretty disappointing because I like Chelsea.

and one last bump for the night
don't die on me thread

Nixon bump

my mother is the most beautiful woman in the world

goodreads.com/book/show/109993.My_Mother_is_the_Most_Beautiful_Woman_in_the_World
chelsea's top of the class. they verified it during 'average jeff'.

the strength thing is an asspull.
the sad thing about the episode?

we never have a scene were they ask sumo to help find chelsea's pussy...cat.

The test in average Jeff was gender biased, doesn't count

Also makes Breen a girly queer

are really sure of the gender bias or just the girls really did well?

clarence being the bottom seems to be inaccurate since we know he has a short attention span (draws over his tests) and that nathan doesn't comprehend english.

either way, Chelsea's still on the top of either the whole class or the just the girls so she's smart either way.

It was gender bias and the ensuring situation was entirely fault of Schoop. Even if you picked the smartest of boys if you left them to their own devices with a teacher that doesn't care there would be chaos like that

well we do know (later) that the girls are just as disorganized as the boys (the substitute) so it's just shoop's fault and not some bias thing.

if they switch classes, the girls would've been as chaotic as the boys even if they're graded as smarter.

Aberdale has a yearly hot dog contest similar to a pie contest, Clarence is determined to win the hotdog contest with his newest creation, the Clarence dog.

Clarence makes a hotdog that mostly has candy for toppings and a hidden nickel to bribe the judges.

At the contest Clarence tries to scope out the competition, Belson has a state of the art nuclear powered hotdog making machine, you see a petting zoo type area next to it and on the gate there is a sign that says ingredients.

Sumo takes the hotdog contest very seriously, he has created his own blend from his private collection of meats, he has a chefs hat and a metal bucket on a wireframe over a fire, Clarence asks how his dogs are doing.

Jeff is deathly afraid of hotdogs, he knows what's in them, he is protesting the contest with his mom, his other mom is in the contest, she is the previous years winner. Clarence knocks various seasonings into her meat, like cayenne.

Clarence passes by various other town members, Miss Shoop has a bean burger, Larry is looking through his notes and hasn't started yet, etc.

He happens upon a man that has the same type of hotdog as Clarence, Clarence thinks he stole his hotdog, except this one uses a chocolate eclair as a bun instead of a normal bun like Clarence's.

Shenanigans ensue, Clarence is determined to report this man, he tries his mom, Chad, Ms. Baker (who is a judge along with Gilben), no one has time to hear it, especially Gilben.

Clarence takes things into his own hands and ends up trying to ruin the hotdogs but only makes them better, he curses his own superior hotdog making skills.

At the end of the episode he offers the man his own hotdog as an apology, which he forgot to enter in the contest, the man eats the nickel in the hotdog and starts choking, he then coughs it into the other contestants hotdogs causing a chain reaction and everything is ruined. Belsons machine starts producing mutant hotdog creations, a hotdog flies into Jeff's mouth, etc.

been reading a lot of GI joe lately.

the idea of aberdale being a cobra front is intriguing.

well, not as much as ms baker in the baroness' leather suit but still intriguing (the sumouski's have enough members to be a unique viper class per member).

apparently that match US airing thing last week is a fluke (so far). public radio and sumo goes west finally aired.

didn't notice clarence got good riding the bike as early as that episode.

>world without borders

Some weird animation errors during Missing Cat. Abedale for a start, Chelsea's dad's braces disappear, and the door she left open is closed before she looks and sees it's open.

bamp

S H M E B U L O C K K N O W S

new ep today

Just Wait in the Car/Missing Cat 1080p uploading now, will be up in a ~half hour

It's in the folder

So what's the power scale on the kids?

Gilben>Chelsea>Nelson>=Sumo>everyone else

Malessica definitely has power over Jeff

Missing cat was such a boring episode desu. Chelsea taking command over that ranger was bullshit.

Clarence decides to sell a record of Chad´s band to a manager so he can get him to stardom. Clarence shows a photo of Chad that has Mary in it. The guy likes the music but doesnt think its good enough for a CD. He gets them a jig at a party anyways.

Then he gives the bussiness card to Clarence and he gives it to Chad and Mary. Turns out the guy is clarence´s dad, and Mary thinks its a trap set up by him to humiliate Chad, because hes a huge asshole according to her. Chad decides to go either way, so its up to Mary to stop clarence´s biological father for ruining Chad´s career. Turns out he really was trying to give the band an honest opportunity. He tells Mary that just because what happened between them was bad, it doesn´t mean hes an evil person.

However, clarence does something stupid and the party is ruined. Chad and his band dont get the reputation they wanted, and clarence´s dad offers them a ride home, which they decline. At the end, when Chad, Mary and Clarence walk back home, and Mary tells clarence that that was his father. Clarence says "Oh, yeah mom i know"

New episode in two hours

the new kid in today's episode is a cute

this is just from a sneak peek, I don't have it btw

Also this sneak peek was released as a preview for "vol 6" of the show on digital stores, which will begin with the next two episodes and just went on sale for $20, basically meaning there's at least 20 eleven minute segments of the show left

Jeff is pretty sure this fluid druid is harboring cooties

I was expecting "Just Wait in the Car" to be a lot more surreal.

New episode in one hour!!

agreed.

it's like on TV now n shit

muh smart femael episode 2: not about chelsea this time and we remind you the guys are incompetent in her presence

It's funny they're paired together

>ELDRITCH TIER
Gilben

>TOP TIER
Chelsea
Sumo
Guyler

>HIGH TIER
Breehn
Belson
Clarence

>AVERAGE TIER
Brady
Camden
Jeff
Kimby
Nathan
Vu

>PERCY TIER
Percy
Mavis

don't pass judgment till you finish the episode

Every second she's been on screen it's been
>overshadowing jeff with science info
>i'm coding a game
>i don't understand this...... "game" you speak of
>plays game from knowing trajectories

>haha they broke the smart girl with their dumb games plot
clarence why, you were my series

I'm beginning to feel my childhood was wasted.

is her dad DOOFUS RICK

>Turns out her father is just one of those dads who looks mean but is actually sweet and understanding.

Makes me happy.

>>they broke the smart girl

btfo

just have puppet dialogues my dude

>this entire half hour of shit
Please let Clarence get better again quick

and wasn't this supposed to be about the new kid in class?

i missed the episode. how was it?

That was okay. The girl is smarter than the boys thing started to get annoying, but it didn't last.
Also I thought the dad would be some abusive dude, but he's nice.

No, they did break her, what do you think that montage was with her laughing like a mental patient and getting called in at the gaming store was for? To drive the point home she was out of her niche and went crazy.

I fucking hate when shows do this
>you don't know what fun is?
>no i need to be serious
>we'll show you
>funfunfunfunfunfunfun
>ok time to be serious
>whathahahnoletsplaygamesHAHAHAHA
>ends with "it's fine to be serious and have fun in moderation"

except they did it with a girl and instead of serious it was smart and she overshadowed fucking Jeff

I personally enjoyed watching Jeff get pissy.
She's a smart girl yeah, but she's also never had fun before (at least in the way the other kids have) and went on some crazy Chuck E Cheese bender as a result. Also, you could attribute her intelligence to her dad's teachings if you're that triggered.