Https://www.newsarama.com/35090-the-truth-about-spider-man-s-iron-man-2-cameo-wait-what.html

>Spider-Man: Homecoming star Tom Holland has confirmed a Marvel Cinematic Universe fan theory - and revealed a little bit of the MCU's secret history in the process. According to the star, Peter Parker's appearance in the MCU secretly predates Captain America: Civil War, going all the way back to Iron Man 2.

>The fan theory holds that a young boy who stares down a Stark robot while wearing an Iron Man mask in Iron Man 2 was secretly none other than Peter Parker. While that could have remained a simple bit of fan speculation, Holland outright confirmed the connection.

youtube.com/watch?v=RzySJL81CSE

>“I can confirm that as of today," Holland told Entertainment Weekly. "I literally had a conversation with Kevin Feige only 20 minutes ago. Maybe I’ve just done a big, old spoiler, but it’s out there now. It’s cool. I like the idea that Peter Parker has been in the universe since the beginning.”

>It's unclear if this is a simple bit of behind the scenes trivia, or if the scene will come into play in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Given that Tony Stark is Peter Parker's mentor in the film, the connection makes perfect sense.

>Holland also addressed another fan theory - that Winter Soldier is responsible for the death of Peter Parker's parents in the MCU, or possibly even Uncle Ben. The theory stems from a pair of clues in Captain America: Civil War - namely that Winter Soldier killed Tony Stark's parents, and that one of Winter Soldier's activation words is Homecoming.

>However, Holland denied knowledge of any such connection, and Civil War directors the Russo brothers said in a 2016 interview that the use of the word "homecoming" in that sequence was entirely coincidental.

newsarama.com/35090-the-truth-about-spider-man-s-iron-man-2-cameo-wait-what.html

I declare BULLSHIT of the highest order.

I mean that obviously wasn't the plan from the start, but it's kind of cute as far as retcons go.

That's neat.

>do shit after the fact
>lol it was always planned guys
Idiots will lap this shit up

Also, Peter's high school teacher Mr. Harrington is a graduate of Culver University in Virginia and a lover of pizza.

Does the MCU happen in real time or something? There's no way a kid who could have been no older than nine or ten in IM2 would be 15-16 by Civil War otherwise.

Wow, this is super

not interesting.

Nowhere does it say that was planned

Of course it happens in real time.

Real people like the actors get old, unlike the drawings in comics.

unnecessary and dumb

>originally Amadeus
>Rick Jones name dropped
>best Hulk film ever made
Seriously, what do we have to do to get a true sequel?

Yes, real time.

Oh, some kid showed up some place, amazing

Anyway post real poetry

In Civil War Vision said Tony Stark became Iron Man eight years ago, and Civil War came out eight years after the first Iron Man movie.

is there a better person on earth?

>Given that Tony Stark is Peter Parker's mentor in the film, the connection makes perfect sense.
No it doesn't. That was a chance encounter, just like Peter getting powers was completely by chance. What a dumb retcon.

so this is like how they continued to retcon Howard Stark's death from being an accident to being HYDRA-related to being part of Bucky's kill count

This is actually amazing.

It does. Granted not everything is in perfect chronological order, but it's all real time.

>young boy who stares down a Stark robot
I'm pretty sure that was a Hammer Industries robot.

>tfw you realize that Iron Man is the Iconic A-Lister of the MCU

from one of the early viewings of Homecoming, there's a scene at the end where Tony proposes to Pepper with a ring that he says is from 2008

welcome to 2013

>what do we have to do to get a true sequel?
Have Disney buy Universal or Universal sell back the Hulk distribution rights.

>Does the MCU happen in real time or something?
Mostly, yes.

They can't really do the "sliding timeline" in movies, because the actors age.

Neat. Helps build into the whole hero worship thing they've given this Peter.

>They can't really do the "sliding timeline" in movies, because the actors age.
Black Widow doesn't

wait when does this happen

Aside from guardians, yes

Paul Rudd doesn't seem to age.

Totally different universe but I am really disappointed at The Amazing Spiderman 2.
They could've made the kid at the end a younger Miles Morales.

Holy shit, how did I miss this?

fuck off

That kid was actually a girl played by actress Kiana Prudhont. Peter Parker confirmed for trans?

Because it wasn't in the final movie.

>welcome to 2013
It's just kind of depressing realizing that Cap was the linchpin of the Comics and the go-to mentor for young capes but he's been replaced by a quipping industrialist egomaniac alcoholic in the MCU.

They didn't plan this from the start, it was a small thing added retroactively

They more or less happen around the time of release, with some exceptions.

>Pascal tries to backdoor Venom and other spinoffs into the MCU
>Based Kevin shuts it down, no remorse

can't siege the Feige.

He's not the go to mentor. He's only mentoring Peter, and it fits due to both of them being smart tech users

How do you pronounce his name? Faggy? Fie-gee? Fay-geh?

FY-ghee according to wikipedia.

Unless that was actually Holland, it's literally just Feige saying "Yeah sure nerds, that was totally planned"

We doing this now, taking random shit from past movies and making them more than what they really were? Its cute but rather unnecessary

Which is why Cap and Thor will eventually die.

With Tony they could just say he retires because of old age, but the god that will not get gray hairs until a few millennia have passed and the super soldier with regenerative cells? They die in IW, unless Marvel is confident enough they can pull a Hulk actor switch with them.

Could end up doing an Old King Thor movie when Helmsworth is too old?

Or try and make it seem like Thor was just inhabiting Donald Blake's body this entire time and now he finds a newer younger body

Pretty hard to pull that out when he's shown to look like Helmsworth long before he ever sets foot on earth for the first time.

Yeah that's all complete bollocks for retarded cunts like

They could adapt the storyline where Cap aged up to match his chronological age because of super serum fuckery. And then of course there's always She-Thor (I think there was a story where Odin turned Thor into a woman to teach him humility or something, but maybe it was just an AU).

that's kinda cool

Just like my picture books!