Jonesy

has anyone here read jonesy? one of the worst things ive read in awhile.

Yes, the art is godawful. The worst example of tumblr art

its fucking pandering shit.

I thought the thumbnail seemed nice, but upon expanding it I completely agree.

I thought it was kinda cute. It reminded me of el tigre.

whoever made it has no idea how to write a story.

It was a Dog fucker comic before green lanterns

Only looked than read it. Didn't like the art.

>unusually shaped pupils
>has them all the time
>not when she's losing to the dick
I hate this already.

I remember O'Malley doing a cover but that's it.

Can someone describe the plot? I basically opened a random page when I was browsing through comics at a bookstore and all I remember was there were dancing lesbians or something.

Holy fuck, I looked up the publisher's description and it literally references Tumblr

> Jonesy is a self-described “cool dork” who spends her time making zines nobody reads, watching anime, and listening to riot grrrl bands and 1D simultaneously. But she has a secret nobody knows. She has the power to make people fall in love! Anyone. With anything. She’s a cupid in plaid. With a Tumblr. There’s only one catch—it doesn’t work on herself. She’s gonna have to find love the old-fashioned way, and in the meantime, figure out how to distract herself from the real emotions she inevitably has to face when her powers go wrong…

Looks like the creator saw Steven Universe and wanted to make a Stevonnie fanfic comic.

storytime?

holy shit

like man i dont even have an issue with 'tumblr art' but jesus fucking christ this is painful for me even what the fuck

like one can NOT be that fucking obtuse

okay so basically,,, there's a black high school girl named jonesy, she has a pet XD RANDOM FERRET. the main premise is that she can make anything fall in love with anything else, though, this has no effect on the plot and she might as well we an average high school girl most of the time.
im not joking when i say i read issue 10 and its literally just her on a fucking protest because the "ferret rescue home" thing is closing down because of budget cuts.

ive only read 9, 10 and 12 (all i could find). could someone else fill in?

Why write a story about the type of person no one wants to read about?

i want to die

>like one can NOT be that fucking obtuse
>Why write a story about the type of person no one wants to read about?

Why do you think 'tumblr art' and 'quirkynessess stories' became so popular? It's because randumb attracts randumb and groups of artists basically stroke each other's dicks (or vaginas because this is a trend typically found with females) and read each other's 'relatable stories' and so quirky and cute artz.
I'm honestly not surprised this became a thing because it is a big part of online 'artist' culture.

That is not exactly reaching a wide audience

I guess it just baffles me with comic work because that is so much work for a community that has no money and spends no money on art.

There is no reward at all except the asspats of people you know are as worthless as you.

The suits don't know that. Or perhaps the author got balsy and actually decided to publish their passion project.

Either way we all know that the tumbler market is bad but it doesn't stop franchises and series from trying to capitalize on it. (Picture related) I personally think it's more of a decade thing like how 'tubular and far out' the 90's were on top of trying to get into a niche market. In a way the tumblr crowd are actually more likely to read/watch media which has been labeled 'for kids/nerds' than normal people. There honestly isn't much choice for demographics at least in the western world for comics/cartoons unless it's aimed at nerds or kids. Or both as this seems to be.

Tumblr can be a spot to draw some art talent, but it is no place to seek an audience.

And the talent is not necessarily great either.

>ferret owner
wow this really ticks all the unlikeable fuck boxes