Don't know how retards can say CN is better than Nickelodeon...

Don't know how retards can say CN is better than Nickelodeon. Name one series funnier than the first 3 season of Spongebob or more action packed/story driven AT LA.

>inb4 muh CN nostalgia for brainless cartoons like My gym partners a monkey

Ed Edd and Eddy

I didn't enjoy Phineas and Ferb, it't not funny and the music sucks.

>Name one series funnier than the first 3 season of Spongebob
Ed, Edd, n' Eddy
>or more action packed/story driven AT LA.
Samurai Jack

What do I win?

/thread

suck a dick, OP.

Cartoon Network never had a show funnier than Spongebob but Spongebob and maybe two or three other shows (Rocko, Rugrats uh...) don't make up for the sheer number of quality shows CN has had over the years. And Avatar only has season 2, everything else was mediocre to crap.

Yeah but.

Nick
>Ren & Stimpy
>Rocko
>Hey Arnold
>Spongebob
>Oddparents
>Neutron?
>Avatar
>Barnyard?
>Korra?

But CN had

>Powerpuff
>Johnny Bravo
>Dexter
>Courage
>Eds
>Billy and Mandy
>Foster's
>Megas XLR
>Samurai Jack
>Ben 10
>Secret Saturdays
>Chowder
>FlapJack
>Adventure Time
>Generator Rex
>Regular Show

Just saying. CN had a lot more quality and interesting shows.

Don't even get me started on Disney.

name literally one good show Nick has picked up since they lucked into ATLA

Good cartoons on Nickelodeon are very rare but when they're good, they're VERY good.

CN just has more good stuff consistently.

That show was fucking stupid. It revolves around the same premise for every episode. At least Spongebob Dosent have every episode revolve around plankton getting a krabby party.
Samurai Jack has no story besides getting back to the past and the animation isn't close to as great as ATLA. Also imo the fights in ATLA were much better than Sam jack.

>P-PROVE ME WRONG
>*people proves you wrong*
>I-I-I-I D-DON'T LIKE THOSE!!!!!!!!!
really makes my johnnies bonnies

Quality>Quantity
The first 3 seasons of spongebob and AT LA are better than 90% of that CN list. Only thing that comes close to spongebob is flapjack

Harvey Beaks was great they just treated it like garbage.

Didnt prove me wrong. They gave no explanation why the shows they picked are better than the ones I picked

Neither did you, you just nitpicked over simple things instead of going in depth.

to be fair EEnE isn't CN Studios

sure it was

Samurai Jack had a better variety of fight scenes, imaginative art and great atmosphere. Justice League had a better story overall than Avatar too. Better setup, payoff and didn't talk down to its audience like Avatar did sometimes. Avatar only has season 2, season 3 sucked and season 1 didn't really start hitting its stride until the end.

nah you just have shit taste

Flapjack isn't even close to being in the top 5 CN shows of all time, if you think Flapjack is the best show CN ever made you clearly just don't know what your talking about

All that matter is that right now Disney (XD at least) is beating both because the other two can't get over their TTG/Spongebob walls.

>burned off their newest show in a week
>burning off the second season of another show next month

They still cancelled Right Now Kapow though

Like anyone here even cares about Billy Dilly or Penn Zero, let alone watches them.

Oh shut the fuck up everyone just like the things the like. Stop wasting your life shitting on people because you disappointed your parents by being ugly and unmotivated.

>Justice League
Not CN studios won't count it
>Samurai Jack
Jack had some cool fights here and there but most of the time it's recycled animation of Jack slicing robots. The show was also very inconsistent. One minute Jack would be fighting some badass Hunter the next minute he would be chasing something that stole his clothes. Also the story never progressed until 10 yrs later when season 4 came out

Did anybody watch those?

>Stop wasting your life shitting on people because you disappointed your parents by being ugly and unmotivated
You seem mad. No need to project yourself on others because they have different opinions than yours. Who hurt you?

This show is funnier than SpongeBob and is top tier. Still Nickelodeon though. Prove me wrong Sup Forums. Rocko is also on the same level.

In the long run, yes, but the later seasons of spongebob seriously drag it down like a pile of rocks. If you're going to compare the two, at least compare it to the earlier seasons of spongebob where it actually stands a chance.

>but most of the time it's recycled animation of Jack slicing robots.

Don't bullshit dude.

>The show was also very inconsistent.

The highs it hit were more a lot higher than anything Avatar ever hit.

>Also the story never progressed

Who cares, I would've rather Avatar never finished if it was always going to be the cheap deus ex ending we ended up getting. Also, Sym-Bionic Titan was better than two seasons of Avatar with barely any time to set up. Clone Wars also had some pretty damn awesome episodes, certainly as enjoyable as anything Avatar put out. Transformers Animated even had some balls for what it was.

Avatar season 2 was fucking great, no doubt about it but overall it wasn't any better than most of the other action shows CN has put out (including the shows you're discounting because reasons). Avatar started slow, hit an awesome fucking stride and then petered out in one of the most disappointing finales I've had the displeasure of watching get dragged out over a few months. I'd just as soon watch any of the CN shows I listed before the majority of Avatar.

Nick feels like it's run by idiot savants. Occasionally they'll greenlight absolutely genius piece of works like Spongebob, The Last Airbender, Rugrats or Harvey Beaks but usually they'll put complete trash or run a good thing to the ground like they did with Spongebob or Rugrats.

When people say CN and Disney are better it's because they in general have better quality control and their variety of shows when added up are more positive. Nick produces more shit but surprisingly also have made the best stand alone products.

>there will never be a funnier cartoon than classic Simpson and classic Spongbob

Billy and Mandy

What about classic Futurama?

>Dexter's Laboratory
>Johnny Bravo
>The Powerpuff Girls
>Samurai Jack
>Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
>The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
>Star Wars: Clone Wars
>Megas XLR
>Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
>Transformers: Animated
>The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
>Adventure Time
>Regular Show
>Sym-Bionic Titan
>Steven Universe
>Black Dynamite
>Over the Garden Wall

You can't compete. It's only fair since Disney and Nick have put so much of their stuff behind live action stuff but damn, even against the best those networks have to offer (which isn't anything to slouch at) CN has always had at least one or two fucking good shows on. And all that's just CN Studios, start putting stuff like Courage, Ed's, O' Canada, Toonami, Adult Swim...you ain't gonna win that fight.

I feel like a better discussion would be whether if 90's Nick or 90's Disney was better.

Granted I guess that discussion would leave out Spongebob which was an early 2000's cartoon more then anything.

>tfw you realize if you take acount of all the seasons, shows like spongebob and the simpsons are below-average
Feels bad man

>Star Wars: Clone Wars
>Transformers: Animated
>The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
>Adventure Time
>Sym-Bionic Titan
>Steven Universe
>Black Dynamite
>Over the Garden Wall
These shows aren't good, and that's over half of your list. Nice try, but no.

neat b8

Shit taste my friend.

King of the Hill
I love Futurama and it's probably overall better then Simpson from the simple fact of how it has degraded from all these years but Futurama was never as funny. It strived to be slightly more adult and dramatic, sacrificing some of the comedy.

For modern cartoons Disney beats both by a country mile, it's not even a real debate now.

>>Barnyard?
What is this fucking meme where people pretend the Barnyard cartoon wasn't shit, it's like the second time this week.

I'm not the one who listed shitty superhero shows, a Star Wars cartoon, Steven Universe, and Over The Garden Wall on a list of "good" cartoons.

Apart from Gravity Falls (which ended), Wander Over Yonder (which got canned) and Star Vs. what other cartoons do they have right now anyway? They barely seem to market what they got.

But you did list over the garden wall as a bad cartoon, you fucking heathen.

OP status: rekt

Why did Gravity Falls get treated so much better than WoY anyways? What was up with that?

It's nothing special. Just another bland Calarts style cartoon.

You sure have some unconventional taste...
What do you think of Gravity Falls, user?

Both were incredibly neglected but the difference was that GF had an audience from the start. The increasing popularity of continuity driven cartoons, which the show promised on, and marketing itself as "Twin Peaks for kids" which as we both know Twin Peaks used to be hottest shit in television in its hayday.

WoY was basically just "Remember Foster's Home? Well it's more of that!" which didn't catch the eye of as many people.

OP

It's okay, but Mabel ruined it for me. I just don't like Kristen Schaal.

How the hell is "Foster's Home like WoY but more of that"?

Are you talking about the artstyle itself or the writing and story?

to be fair, when the OP is using classic spongebob as an example, then all of CN's stuff is fair game, not just their recent stuff

El Tigre and The Loud House

Mabel's VA literally made the character for me. Pretty much anyone else would have turned her hilarious quirks into unbearable cringe.

Also, her voice matched her character design to a seriously uncanny degree.

technically he was listing ALL of CN studios cartoons (though he left out Cow and Chicken by accident), not just the good ones

Korra.

Given that FH is one of the very worst cartoons I've ever seen, that probably wasn't a good choice if that was actually the intention there.

90's esc. episodic cartoon where it's largest appeal is that the setting allows for the creator to go nuts with character design and environments. Of course writing-wise it's much more different from Foster's recurring cynicism but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference of writing from the marketing itself and even the pilot which had that same style of cynicism that Foster's had with Wander being more of an annoyance then anything and Hater continuously being the butt of the joke to no end.

It's all subjective and up to preference. Both CN and Nick have had amazing shows with memorable stories and characters. You shouldn't feel so threatened by people who don't share your opinions of cartoons, it shuts you out of trying new things you might actually enjoy.

ITT Member Berries discover Sup Forums

I could see how her nasally voice goes with the weird character she is.

>even the pilot
The Picnic, while an early episode, wasn't the first episode produced nor first meant to air (that honor would go to The Greatest)

But it was the first one that was introduced to audiences and marketed, having it's own release months before the full show's release.

Whether or not it was the first made episode doesn't matter because it was the one that would introduce the audience of what the show was about and the one that would give the audience the impression of what the show was about.

It's not the crew's first intended episode though (just the advertisers)

FlapJack wasn't even the best, get real. I love it a lot, but don't fool yourself.

It's a funny as hell show. One of Nick's best honestly. It might not be great to you but it's definitely not shit. There were many good episodes of that show. Maybe watch it sometime, specifically season 2. If you still don't like it then maybe you just don't like fun or slapstick cartoons in general.

Nah

every timing and choreography in AT LA was bad, you should watch more kung fu movies

This is the best slapstick cartoon Nickelodeon has ever produced, and only Rocko's Modern Life can compete.

>>Dexter's Laboratory
Very hit and miss.
>>Johnny Bravo
Good only in its first season.
>>The Powerpuff Girls
Boring.
>>Samurai Jack
Disgraced and rendered pointless by its 5th season.
>>Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
Poor man's space ghost coast to coast.
>>The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
The less funny more abrasive cousin of Fairly Oddparents.
>>Star Wars: Clone Wars
Blaster sound lightsaber sound tiefighter sound, rinse repeat 1000x you have every Star Wars thing ever.
>>Megas XLR
Cancelled before it became notable.
>>Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Liked only for Frankie, the rest of the show was really shit.
>>Transformers: Animated
Toy commercial resurrected.
>>The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
The less funny, more grotesque cousin of Spongebob.
>>Adventure Time
Tepid tumblr garbage that went nowhere.
>>Regular Show
80's references: the show.
>>Sym-Bionic Titan
No one remembers anything about this other than the booty shaking chick.
>>Steven Universe
Don't make me laugh.
>>Black Dynamite
Yawn.
>>Over the Garden Wall
Short and pretentious.

Do one for Nickelodeon cartoons mate. You seem like you have good taste!

If you're including Adult Swim you shouldn't forget Boondocks, ATHF, Venture Bros, Moral Orel, Home Movies, Metalocalypse, Sealab 2021, Coast to Coast, also left off Courage, Ed Edd and Eddy, Kids Next Door, Gumball

Nick and Disney both have amazing shows but CN (used to) put out a stream of consistently good shows with quite a few amazing ones

>pushing a network brand
Is OP more of a shill or a cuck? I can't decide.

Why are you on this board user? It's okay to leave.

Angry Beavers and Rocko are great. I never said Barnyard was the best either, just one of their best.

I only posted shows CN Studios had a hand in according to Wikipedia as that was the rule I guess (?) from earlier in the thread.

>I never said Barnyard was the best either, just one of their best.

Not even that, Barnyard was just annoying and ugly to take in.

>Why are you on this board user? It's okay to leave.
I didn't realize this was Cartoon Network Official Nostalgia BBS Forum.

Do you like anything from Cartoon Network? What do you consider good animation?

He said Rocko and Angry Beavers were great, so he has good taste.

Sup Forums tier thread

Yea I reread your post just now and you did mention that, I'm blind as shit. But if we're talking studios instead of channels because if we are that might bring Disney's movie catalog in and that would give a significant edge to Disney.

Why? "What you like is badder!!" is not an argument worth getting involved in.

Why not? It's a discussion board, you've taken the time to shit all over someones else's opinions, may as well post your own so we have a better idea where you're coming from as opposed to just being an ass for no reason.

How so user, I found it charming. And the characters never bothered me at all, especially Pig and Otis, who were just hilarious to me. You could say the same about a lot of other shows on that list too by the way.

It honestly seems like you hate everything about animation. It's all cartoons. Cartoons are supposed to be fun, not something that make you sound depressed.

Adult Swim count as CN? Because Aqua Teen was funnier than SBSP and the animé they showed had more action than TLA.

Man OP really trying to get those (you)s with obvious bait.

>ITT

>Uses first 3 seasons of SpongeBob to support argument
>Doesn't want others to reference another network's back catalog; cites nostalgia
>Spongebob debuted in 1999
There are people on this board who are as old as this show, much like OP.

>implying OP isn't a underageb& newfag troll who somehow succeeded despite his bait being transparent as fuck

you forgot danny phantom and kappa mikey for nick

Nah, it's just the truth.

>a network is objectively best because it had two really good cartoons 15 years ago
>you should totally care about this because I'm calling you retards if you disagree
>I-I'm not trolling you guys!

>brainless cartoons like My gym partners a monkey

Gym Partner's premise was retarded, but the show itself was actually pretty decent. I don't know why people hate it so much. Like I went in thinking it would be stupid, but it was good.

>Name one series funnier than the first 3 season of Spongebob

Regular Show.

>Regular Show

My nigger. I've always held RS up with Spongebob and Avatar. Show is fantastic.

>Funnier
Chowder or Foster's home
>at the time
EEnE or Ppg
>Story driven
Samura- nah that was just filler. I guess JLU.

How is it possible to be so homosexual? Truly amazing.

>No Invader Zim
What gives?

All 3 major kids networks are utter shit these days. Disney at least has Disney XD

Nickelodeon is beyond help and shows a variety of garbage. CN shows the same garbage all day

ALl hope is lost.