What went so wrong with the DCEU? Can it be fixed?

What went so wrong with the DCEU? Can it be fixed?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=wonderwoman.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=dc2016.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=superman2015.htm
ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The idea that a Superman movie should have the same tone as a Batman movie.

I love how they had to oversaturate the Wonder Woman image to prove their point. Like, I don't disagree with you, but don't be a faggot, OP.

I think not even Batman is that miserable. He never doubts his mission. He WANTS to save people. In spite his tragedy there's still a sense of wish-fulfillment and adolescent fantasy in Batman. It's like James Bond. Snyder's Batman is completely miserable.

Zack THIS AIN'T YOUR GRANDDADDY'S SUPERMAN Snyder

It tried to deconstruct superheroes with the first and most popular. However it did so with the assumption that the viewer already knows who Superman is and what he's about instead of creating its own universe. It misses the point of things like Red Son ,or even Injustice, of how a Superman without his morals is a scary thing. Not to mention all of the useless and lazy biblical references.

It's already better than the D*sneyverse, so it can't have gone that far wrong.

Because it started like half a decade later than the Marvel movie universe and now we're most of the way through the 2010s and it hasn't even had its Justice League yet- people are getting burnt out on Superhero movies, they've defined the decade the way shit like grunge and rap defined the 90s but it's almost over and people are losing interest.

And they made a lot of questionable decisions along the way.

I haven't watched a capeshit film in a decade but your image makes Superman sound interesting and Wonder Woman cringey.

>What went so wrong with the DCEU?
All MCU fans were expecting these movies to flop and so far they are doing amazingly well, so they got angry and clickbait websites saw the chance of free clicks by running a smear campaign against it

Well it's not Superman, maybe you should read Miracleman if that's your jam.

Besides it's a terrible movie not even considering the deconstruction aspect. It's not even a good deconstruction.

where does Superman ever doubt his mission to save people? You mean when he questions just exactly HOW to do the most possible good? when is he ever tortured? How do you think he is a god when there was a whole movie dedicated to saying he isnt a god? When does he ever question if he should save people? You mean that one scene where he wonders if his presence is creating more harm than good? Did you guys just not watch the movie?

Eh, it made Superman more interesting. A rehash of the Reeve era wouldn't have done as well IMO.

Objectively untrue.

WW has already beaten MoS' BO total and cost $70 million less to make.

>Superman ever doubt his mission to save people?
>when is he ever tortured?
Because Pa Kent didn't want to. It made him feel guilty to save people because he didn't want his dad's memory to be tarnished. It actually comes from both his parents basically saying "You don't owe the world shit." He has the capacity for altruism but it conflicts with his upbringing
>How do you think he is a god when there was a whole movie dedicated to saying he isnt a god?
Are you just going to ignore the Jesus poses, the scene in the church where Clark is right in front of a glass pane of Christ, and the actual Lance of Longinous in BvS? He may not want to be seen as one but he sure as hell isn't helping that. Neither is the cinematography.
>When does he ever question if he should save people? You mean that one scene where he wonders if his presence is creating more harm than good?
Because whenever he's saving people he always look like he's working a shit job. You could argue "He just looks like that because he doesn't want to be worshiped. He's just uncomfortable". But he even keeps that look when pulling the boat. Or even when congress blew up, he doesn't even motion to the bomb and look sad because he got there too late. He just stands there like 'Welp.' The only time he seems to care about saving people is when it's Lois or someone he personally cares about. He let a man die but when Lois was in danger he was there in a heart beat. All it takes for him to quit being good is Lois dying. He's even willing to go kill Batman instead of trying to save his mom himself.

>already beat MOS

they need to fire Snyder right now.

There is no fixing perfection

My bad, it's only beaten MoS domestically, it's still $10 million off MoS.

Man of Steel
Budget
$225 million
Box office
$668 million

Wonder Woman
Budget
$149million
Box office
$653.9million

Domestic
MoS $291,045,518
BvS $330,360,194
WW $318,111,468

It'll probably beat BvS' domestic total too.

it was so bad it made Mark Millar re-evaluate his entire outlook on comic books

>It'll probably beat BvS' domestic total too.
That's a lock. It has like 6 weeks of summer ahead before it's run ends. Look at this

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=wonderwoman.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=dc2016.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=superman2015.htm

Wonder Woman has been outgrossing both movies since the second weekend, but even with those shit legs, both BvS and SS ended up making $30-40M more after day 24 (where WW is). And WW is making notably more day by day, like more than double. If it keeps this pace the question is not if it will outgross domestically BvS or SS, that will happen this week. The real question if it will outgross domestically GotG2, Deadpool or even Civil War

Doesn't change the fact that he needs to be fired immediately.

are you fucking retarded? None of what you said actually answered any of the questions, the religious imagery was used to show was what OTHER people project onto Superman.

>Because whenever he's saving people he always look like he's working a shit job.

Uh, no? He doesnt look bothered at all when he saves the people from the oil rig, he saves Lois from the terrorists super casually, he smiles while saving the little girl, he treats his fight with Zod seriously as he should. He only looks pained when people praise him like a god, as Superman should.

>He let a man die

Wow, so you are one of those casuals who thinks Superman would actually intervene in a military situation? Lois being captured violated the geneva convention you dummy, but the CIA agent being there is just a normal act of war.
> All it takes for him to quit being good is Lois dying.

And Darkseid mind control. DCAU Superman didnt even have a dead Lois and he got mind controlled super easy.

> He's even willing to go kill Batman instead of trying to save his mom himself.

What? He literally goes there to try and convince Batman to save him. Its like you didnt even watch the movie.

I'm done talking to you, you are just an obvious troll or actually too stupid to be worth talking to.

> He never doubts his mission.

What? He doubts his mission all the time. There are tons of stories of him retiring because he doubts his mission. BvS Batman doubted his mission. The Nolan trilogy has him abandoning his mission at one point. There is a whole arc about him doing drugs BECAUSE of how he struggles with his mission.
You a stupid casual

You arent even answering any of the questions dude, you are rambling nonsense and jumping from one point to the other like a frothing, ranting hobo

nigga he doesn't say shit to batman which is why when he goes "murthuh" batman's like "oh my mom's name is martini too" and then they go fight zombie zod.

>However it did so with the assumption that the viewer already knows who Superman is and what he's about instead of creating its own universe

People do know what the deal with Superman is. The issue is that most people perceive him through rose tinted Silver Age "nobody ever gets hurts because Superman is perfect paragon of virtue and flawlessness and thus can never do no wrong even by accident" POV and get upset when someone like Snyder comes along and wants to focus on the fallibility of man part rather than the superhuman alien America's stepdad part. People like the limited, juvenile, idealized Saturday morning cartoon version of Superman more than a post-modern grounded take on the character.

I know. WW proves that there is no critical conspiracy against the DCEU and that audiences do like the characters.

Also neither BvS or SS are their directors worst films critically. So the bad scores are really a result of bad directors.

>where does Superman ever doubt his mission to save people?
When it took him 33 years and the whole world being at risk to try to step up and start doing something with those powers and abilities he had?

>the religious imagery was used to show was what OTHER people project onto Superman.
Except for the fact that the movie plays it up too. He chose to pose like Jesus in space and the camera lingers on it for the viewer to see. Plus the death and resurrection bit. "But the Death of Superman is a comic!!" that was made for 90s shock and awe this was used to reinforce the religious imagery present in the movie. Oh fuck I almost forgot when he came down to save the people on the roof with the Jesus light behind him
>Uh, no? He doesnt look bothered at all when he saves the people from the oil rig
Yes he did. He's shown to be conflicted about it and even says so when Lois confronts him
>he saves Lois from the terrorists super casually,
Because he personally has an interest in Lois
>he smiles while saving the little girl
What little girl?
>he treats his fight with Zod seriously as he should
He has a vested interest in it. He threatened his mom and his home
>He only looks pained when people praise him like a god, as Superman should.
Except there's really no proof they were praising him. When he saves the people on the roof, he's bored. Were they praising him? No. When he saves the boat he looks bored. Were they praising him? No. When he saves those Mexican people he looks bored. Now you could argue they were praising him but was it as a God or just as a hero? When congress blew up he didn't give a shit. He seems pained to do this except when something he cares about is directly in danger.
>Lois being captured violated the geneva convention you dummy, but the CIA agent being there is just a normal act of war.
Did he know that and even then it doesn't make it any better. I'm not saying Superman should intervene in military conflict but if he's going to take it into his own hands to kill a war lord why not save a life.He only truly cares when something he personally cares about is in danger

>And Darkseid mind control. DCAU Superman didnt even have a dead Lois and he got mind controlled super easy.
No where in the movie was it stated that he was mind controlled. Darkseid was there sure but we don't know that he had any coherence to join him outside of Lois' death. In the DCAU we are informed mind control took place. I don't care if it was in a deleted scene it wasn't in the movie.
>What? He literally goes there to try and convince Batman to save him. Its like you didnt even watch the movie.
No he doesn't. Don't you remember "M-MARTHA"
>I'm done talking to you, you are just an obvious troll or actually too stupid to be worth talking to.
Stop trying to say this movie is 3deep5you. It's just shit

>Superman has derp moral qualms over killing one guy
>Wonder Woman murders people by the dozen. It's just the youth of the German Empire, who cares? Being in an armed conflict means you don't count!

>People do know what the deal with Superman is.
That's not how you make an adaptation. You start by assuming this is going to be someone's first time with the character or franchise. If this was your introduction to Superman and the only thing you saw involving the character you'd get a terrible view of him

Except I did. It's not my fault you can't respond and make a counter point

>Superman has derp moral qualms over killing one guy
>kills another man within the first five minutes of BvS

Bravo Snyder

>Superman has moral qualms about rescuing people, and when he does he looks like he can't wait to get the fuck off out of there.
>WW goes out of her way and sets her mission aside to help people in need, and even shares and celebrates the joy of being saved with them.

See? I can do it too!

>Put in charge of adaptation of the ultimate superhero deconstruction.
>Makes characters that are supposed to be losers, delusional or downright psychopaths look "cool".

>Put in charge of straight superhero adaptations that are supposed to be the foundation of a shared universe of ongoing superhero stories.
>Goes into full deconstruction mode, turning everybody into pathethic losers, violent whackos or unlikeable assholes.

>Doesn't change the fact that he needs to be fired immediately.
This. It's not even a question of whether people want to see Reeve-era Superman or not, it's that they don't want to see this emo deconstruction bullshit. They want to see a Superman movie and Snyder can't/won't deliver.

I'm more bothered that Germans are seen as disposable cannon fodder in a movie with a message that doesn't gel with murderising people.
It's like they just don't count as people.

>What went so wrong with the DCEU?
marvelfans

You mean Snyder. Everyone loved Nolan's Batman.

i mean people complaining about the dceu not being like marvel movies

The message isn't simply "don't murder" it's "be the change you want to see". And if you're making a movie about any World War it's going to involve Germans getting their shit pushed in. Everyone's canon fodder at some point

People just hated the other movies because they were shit. The X-men movies aren't like the Marvel movies and people love them.

>its bad because of a fandom with no direct involvement
???

What if people just complain that the movies are shit

snyder played too much injustice, this is what happens when you play a game with a shitty edgy story

TDKR wasn't like the MCU and it made over a billion, and it wasn't even a very good movie. It just wasn't complete trash like Snyder's.

are we never going to movies with color again?

I found it kind of questionable that Diana spent most of the film saying that men were just corrupted by Ares and that by killing them she could free them but she still slaughter them regardless. Didn't seem very heroic to me

She avoided to do so until she heard what they were doing in that town.

>If this was your introduction to Superman and the only thing you saw involving the character you'd get a terrible view of him

How? He's literally saving people selfishly throughout the movie like a real hero. Just because he's not quipping every two minutes doesn't make him a miserable human being.

>He's literally saving people selfishly
Yeah, that's not Superman

>she fights for love, justice and freedom
How can this trash be succesful?
Will capeshit ever be good?

They were still what she assumed to be marionettes to Ares and pretty much unable to hurt her.
Sure, the movie justifies her, but they could have made her act more heroically by having her fully exploit her invulnerability to rifle fire and handcuff the entire town on her way to the commander.
There is a distinct value judgement on the lives of people here. Not necessarily so much from WW's side as the movie's. A clear us/them.

>33 years
no way, another jesus reference?

let's be honest, I don't want to go full pol but WW hasn't received one tenth of the critical bashing BvS did. part of it is because WW plays it A LOT safer so it's more accessible to the random movie goer, but we all know that the fact that she has a vagina already gave her some sort of immunity from mainstream criticism. and I don't mean to say that it was bad, I found WW a solid 7/10, while I'd consider BvS a 8.

now that we're at it, BvS has to be the most retardedly overhated movie of the last decade. the only really stupid point is MARTHA, which could have been done in literally any other way and be less idiotic, but it's a fucking 10 seconds scene out of three hours.
The main problem if it is that it really needed one or two movies before it to establish the universe better, but whatever, considering how they had to rush it I think what we got was surprisingly solid.

He was saving people by using his powers during all that time, he simply didn't do it while wearing blue spandex.

>let's be honest, I don't want to go full pol but WW hasn't received one tenth of the critical bashing BvS did. part of it is because WW plays it A LOT safer so it's more accessible to the random movie goer, but we all know that the fact that she has a vagina already gave her some sort of immunity from mainstream criticism. and I don't mean to say that it was bad, I found WW a solid 7/10, while I'd consider BvS a 8.

Snyder just makes bad movies. BvS isn't even his worst movie. If your statements were true then SS (a movie with a 4 female main characters and a black guy as the lead) would have been praised. It wasn't because it's terrible.

>the only really stupid point is MARTHA, which could have been done in literally any other way and be less idiotic, but it's a fucking 10 seconds scene out of three hours.

Off the top of my head-

The CIA giving their agent a big flashing red tracker instead of using the drone in the sky, the army unit nearby or an app on a smartphone.

Lois Lane never being called to give testimony but a random actor was.

Superman being angry at Batman because the people he branded got murdered in prison not because Batman is just murdering people in the streets.

Superman never giving any interviews to try and change public opinion.

>same tone as a Batman movie

I don't get that because the Batman movies are nowhere near as dreary and serious as MoS or BvS. First time we meet adult Bruce in Begins it's him making a joke about some guys trying to kill him and wondering if they can do it before his breakfast of shitty prison food.

>Everyone says that about "Batman Begins." "Batman's dark." I'm like, "Okay, no, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go.

-Zack Snyder

That sounds like a parody quote.

>My mother saw I was into this comic called Heavy Metal magazine, so she got me a subscription. You could call it ”high-brow” comics, but to me, that comic book was just pretty sexy! I had a buddy who tried getting me into ”normal” comic books, but I was all like, ”No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.” I was a little broken, that way. So when Watchmen came along, I was, ”This is more my scene.”

-Zack Snyder

ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder/amp/

Left: Film that actually tries to bring aspects of Superman that are generally only seen in the comics, such as questioning how much he should help humanity.

Right: Typical Marvel movie shit where you know exactly how everything will go from the first fifteen minutes.

>angst is more interesting
Goddamn, I feel old. It's like I'm back in the early 2000s.

I'm getting pretty fucking sick of this whole "Superman is boring" thing. Truth is, he ain't. He's, for lack of a better word, normal. Dude's a good ol' boy from Kansas raised on idealized farmin' folk values. He's an everyman type, which is part of the reason he's remained relevant for so long. You don't need some "deep" exploration of why Clark Kent does what he does. He does it because his ma and pa brought him up proper like.

And, for me at least, that's the entire appeal of the character. He's a more or less normal dude with nigh limitless power, and that's where the story is, not some dreary messiah metaphor.

>it made Superman more interesting
But I didn't find this superman interesting. He really didn't seem like a protagonist of a movie or even someone you would want to be around in real life. He was frustrating and depressing but also 'meh' as a character.

>he actually tried to bring new concepts and ideas to the capeshit genre
Serves you right, you don't see Paul Thomas Anderson or Werner Herzog doing these trash flicks and now you know why

Snyder literally and metaphorically killed Superman with BvS.

Superman isn't going to recover, not for years. He'll be fine in the comics and the hardcore audience, but for casuals, the only exposure to Superman for a long time now has been the Snyder films and Injustice. Despite what Snyders fanboys would say, 99.9% of the people who watched BvS were disappointed and simply dont care enough to autistically comb through it searching for a few crumbs of redemption.

Batman will recover. Enough people remember the Dark Knight series and the Arkham (And injustice) games to keep his image relatively untainted. Superman doesn't have that. It's getting on to the point that its been nearly a generation or so since the last positive exposure of the character to the people.When people think of Superman now, its Snyderman.

I have no idea how they will fix it, thats for someone with better Movie talents than me to discover. But for the love of god, start with Superman. That character needs saving, because its his character thats getting by FAR the most damage from it.

It used to be that Superman had to deal with not being able to save everyone, not being able to create a utopia despite his powers. Snyderman spends two movies debating whether he should even bother trying at all.

>I was a little broken, that way

Wow, maybe I'll never be as deep or cool as Snyder.

Not all change is progress.

>You mean when he questions just exactly HOW to do the most possible good? when is he ever tortured?
>cardboard speech

You already know the answer to your first question

As to the second, trust in Whedon and Cerealman

And all he got out of it was nigh-universal hatred, money lost, reputations ruined and a dead daughter.

>I have no idea how they will fix it, thats for someone with better Movie talents than me to discover. But for the love of god, start with Superman. That character needs saving, because its his character thats getting by FAR the most damage from it.
You're such a melodramatic faggot. After Adam West made everyone think Batman was campy, all it took were some good stories to rebuild his image. After Batnipples all it took was NolanBats to rebuild the character. All it takes is someone who likes the character and isn't out to shit on them.

>>kills another man within the first five minutes of BvS
Zero proof he killed him, he may have had his arm around the guys backside.

Did he kill that warlord guy at the start or did he knock him out and ended up being off'd by KGBeast like the rest of he's men to try and frame Superman?

>Superman never giving any interviews to try and change public opinion.

Exactly in this so called deconstruction the character isn't given a chance to define or defend themselves.

When a so the congressional hearing in the trailer I was intrigued Superman taking the stands to try and assuage people's fears but nope it's BOOM before he gets to say one word.

This isn't deconstruction it's demolition.

And an oscar winning franchise that has grossed a billion more than the competition by the same point

>Can it be fixed?
I thought they did that already.

Moron. West's Batman was in line with the comics of the time, which were just as absurd and silly, if not more so. Batnipples was minor compared to Snyderman.

>All it takes is someone who likes the character and isn't out to shit on them.

Is exactly what I'm saying. Get him the fuck away from Snyder, and start the "rebirth" of the DCEU with him.

>What went so wrong with the DCEU? Can it be fixed?
Even under a heavy smear campaign it didn't have flops, villains with cheesy names like Doctor Poison and 5 lines of dialogue became more iconic that all MCU villains and made Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman cultural icons. This prompted MCU fanboys to react autistically, as in making this kind of threads or posting pics of empty theaters for movies that outgross Winter Soldier

Yeah, because Snyder hasn't figured out that Supes makes no sense as a Randian protagonist.
Because that would be Lex, under any sane director.
But as it is, Clark gets a heap of "fuck you, got mine" morality from daddy and debates the usefulness of saving people, making BvS, Dark Knight Returns with two Batmen.

Nah, just have DC give up the rights to Superman. The character should have gone into the Public Domain, along with all the other super heroes from the 1950s, years ago.

>Snyderman spends two movies debating whether he should even bother trying at all.

So you haven't even seen the movies. MoS and BvS deal with two things: Clark's journey into learning to be a hero (MoS is his first day, BvS is him learning to accept and handle the pressures of the job) and how humanity would react to Superman's existence, both of which are usually handled in the comics by a very rushed "Superman saves something publicly, Clark writes an info dump story about himself and then everybody in the public except Lex automatically loves Superman" formula in one fast paced origin arc because people would rather just have him already be a hero and punch bad guys in supervillain fights than do a long form story of Superman slowly winning the public's trust. Even Morrison's Action Comics run is like this.

>Randian

Thats a good way of putting it, I wonder how much direct influence it had on Synder.

But I dont think its two Batmen - Synderbat doesn't hesitate, despite what he's doing. He doesn't doubt himself until the heel face turn at the end. Superman is the one that is frozen with inaction.

The worst part is that I'm pretty sure there's gonna be like 2 or 3 more Batman cartoons than there ever will be a Superman one

>After Adam West made everyone think Batman was campy
At the time, West's Batman was accurate to the way the comics were. Batman being "campy" was retroactive once things like The Dark Knight Returns/Knightfall/Burton movies/BTAS became the mainstream

>Clark's journey into learning to be a hero (MoS is his first day, BvS is him learning to accept and handle the pressures of the job)
Not the fucking point user.

In MoS, his first day is only his first day because he'd spent his whole life avoiding stepping into the limelight. BvS is him full of self doubt an wondering if "Superman" was a bad idea. He literally gives up on the cause after the bombing. He's not motivated by a need to save random people, only by those he cares about.

Snyder is on record as being a huge fan of The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. There's often a lot of talk of his interpretation of Superman being something of an objectivist's interpretation.

Sorry I was unclear. It's a bit like two of the DKR Batman is what I mean. There the conflict is one of heroism for yourself or for the people. Superman being on the side of selflessness. This ideological conflict is completely missing from BvS. And that undermines the motivation of their clash. Which makes it look as though Snyder doesn't really get the ideas of the book he adapted or didn't actually care about it beyond the cool visuals.

>the only really stupid point is MARTHA
>only
> I think what we got was surprisingly solid.
I thought you said we were gonna be honest.

How else would you interpret the story about the flooding where his father saved their own farm by dooming someone else's property?

This. I blame modern nerd culture. It places a ton of emphasis on being tongue-in-cheek and meme-ready over actually being interesting. People don't actually care about the media they consume, they just want it to be compatible with simplistic social media posting limitations so that way they can easily wear all of their favorite franchises as a badge so their friends and family can know just how much of a quirky geek they are for liking the same shit as everyone else. People are way less-likely to support something different or controversial, because that then requires them to formulate and support their own opinions, and who the fuck has time for that? Like, share and subscribe! Someone else will justify my opinions for me!

Of corse he doesn't get the book, he said Batman's a killer in it

>I'm getting pretty fucking sick of this whole "Superman is boring" thing. Truth is, he ain't. He's, for lack of a better word, normal. Dude's a good ol' boy from Kansas raised on idealized farmin' folk values. He's an everyman type, which is part of the reason he's remained relevant for so long.
Then he's not Superman.
>Brandon Routh played Everyman in The Batman

Thinking a hero to be aspirational rather than a slog of suffering and human misery is a formulaic meme according to Sup Forums.

Why the fuck would anyone want to be this Superman? His life sucks!

One was an interesting, controversial examination of the core values and inherent conflicts of not the character as we know it, but the very concept of the character as applied to the modern world, and it still sparks somewhat-meaningful discussion even 4 years later. The other was a shallow, cookie-cutter capeshit movie that came out a month ago and people are already forgetting about.

I like how the DCEU fanbase was divided into people that think WW (and maybe SS) were shallow trash and others that think WW especially secretly rides on the same philosophies of MoS and BvS but critics are dumb for not realizing it

IMO all Supes needs is more scenes that build his character that don't move the plot forward. A lot of the character interactions in WW were getting to know the characters

wew.

Well that explains a lot actually. Thing is, I'm fine with new and different takes on characters, but you have to be a fool, or very, very brave, to do so in one of the main continuities, movie or otherwise. Doing such a radical deviation is a bad idea if its not an elseworld.

Ah. yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

IDK, I'd love to see a in depth movie with a complex Superman that explores the ideology and motivations behind the character. But Snyder goes about it in the wrong way. Rather than explore Superman's character and motivations, Snyder's Superman is completely different from the character. Snyder takes his own ideology and worldview and imposes it on Superman. Snyder didn't create a movie about Superman, he twisted the character to meet his own views, despite the fact that the character's basic premise is at odds with those views.

This ignores the basic structural problems with Snyders movies. The odd pretty picture aside, Snyder is a frankly terrible director.

>Then he's not Superman.
He is. The problem is you've bought into the Snyder rhetoric that thinks that humanity is defined primarily by its flaws and moral failings rather than anything nobler.
There's plenty you can to do humanize Superman that doesn't involve giving him doubts or having him sad about stuff. It's all the stuff Snyderfags say is "unnecessary comfy childish boy scout fluff for babies". And with the exception of getting into a bathtub with Lois, Snyder didn't do any of it. But you're okay with that because you don't understand its necessity.
For example, the reason Superman visits sick kids in the hospital or plays with orphans or feeds the homeless in a soup kitchen is multifold; part of it ingratiates him with humanity both in and out of story (preventing the exact perception issues he has with the public in this movie) but also it's because those are actions that any normal human, including you or I, can do out of the goodness of our hearts. We see our altruistic actions mirrored, or are inspired to do so because those are feats of human kindness that we can emulate. That's why so many Superman stories have a scene where he basically says "I can fly, but anyone can be a Superman".
It is for this reason that we see Clark help with reconstruction or deal with "real life superheroes". It's why we see him place himself on the same level of responsibility as an overweight night watchman, or have coffee with first responders. Again, he's not putting on airs and that's stuff we can do too.
It's why there's a necessity of the Clark Kent persona is also a tool that helps place Clark within the folsd of humanity. He has a regular nine to five job where his boss is breathing down his neck and he pines for the girl in the cuble over. It is in these ways that he is, indeed, an Everyman.
Now's the part where you go >not muh and yell at me for being an autistic comfyfag that doesn't understand that wasn't Snyder's intention.