If actually people hate cgi and don't like this technique, then why cgi movies are the most profitable?

If actually people hate cgi and don't like this technique, then why cgi movies are the most profitable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r37ARGRJC-k
youtube.com/watch?v=MMd0qKUwZMw
youtube.com/watch?v=51Ffh2nbHnE
youtube.com/watch?v=qQxPWT-ifyI
youtu.be/yR3caZ9hQ5Y
sakugabooru.com/post/show/35108
sakugabooru.com/post/show/34352
youtube.com/watch?v=hRQ1Iam1zec
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did you ACTUALLY think that Sup Forums represented the marketable majority?

Studios like Disney aren't just thinking in terms of profitability for a single film. They see an investment in technology. Every film does something new technically which can be used in every subsequent film. Hair physics, water physics, etc.

CGI movie became immediately profitable because they were spearheaded by Pixar, a company that was explicitly all about quality products, while 2d producers at that time were creating design by committee crap. That killed 2d not because 2d is inherently less profitable, but because no one in the US was making good 2d. Now CGI movies are the most profitable because 2d movies aren't made anymore.

then why is France still mostly making 2d animated movies?
the US is just one big fucking sellout that doesn't care about creativity

Because hand-drawn animation on the level of quality and scale to compete with CGI is ridiculously expensive.

You think they do CGI to increase production cost?

The majority of people have bad taste.
This isn't a hard concept to get.

Movies are more profitable than cartoons.
CGI movies attract audience of actual movies who never watch drawn cartoons, hence the larger profits.

This. Also models are reusable. Means you can produce tv series based on movie with minimal efforts.

>If actually people hate cgi and don't like this technique
Did you confuse people with some faggots on Sup Forums?

It's easier and cheaper to stamp toys that look like cgi characters.

Because kids has SHIT taste - they are too young to be marketed to, but people still do because its easy.

because Sup Forums is extremely far from a crowd big enough to make a difference with complaining about cg movies.

Why do Eskimos eat seal fat ?

Because they don't know any other food.

>using CGI means you don't have creativity
Nice delusion. And Japan is making CGI anime now.

>being this mad
Just embrace the future. CGI has unlimited potential

>models are reusable
Thats just preproduction stuff, which is usually reusable. Character sheets, sculptures, movie bible, all reusable.

>Japan is making CGI anime now

>cherry picking
youtube.com/watch?v=r37ARGRJC-k
youtube.com/watch?v=MMd0qKUwZMw

shit

>most of them have a fps of 10

Just like 2D anime

>then why is France still mostly making 2d animated movies?
Lack of talent and technology

so THATS now those fucking chimps move
perplexed me forever

Because they're made and promoted. 90% of a film's success comes down to availability and marketing. You could have made Shrek out of anything and it'd have done well.

You should know people here how highly disingenuous can be and there is not point talking them out of their cherry picking

youtube.com/watch?v=51Ffh2nbHnE

You are full of it.

When CGI was new it was insanely expensive. 2D, even full-length Disney 2D, was far, far cheaper. This was well before Pixar existed.

Eventually CGI became cheaper as software was refined, techniques improved and hardware got faster and cheaper. Now CGI is cheaper and faster than traditional 2D, and even a lot of "2D" is done digitally and with 3D tweaks (see youtube.com/watch?v=qQxPWT-ifyI for example). It has nothing to do with the public "liking" 3D more; studios are going to make movies the most economic way they can.

There will always be some traditional 2D stuff produced, even if it's just shorts.

>It has nothing to do with the public "liking" 3D more
Remember, The princess and the frog was a failure

Everyone has this same taste, parents will prefer 3D CGI because it looks more "real" and "relatable"

animation fans don't like it

everyone else does

You think it failed because it was tradionally animated?

Is there a different explanation?
>inb4 niggers

says the person literally cherrypicking his counter examples

Ni- oh... never mind.

There are several reasons, and yes the heroine is probably one of them.

Understanding this doesn't mean it's "true" though. Remember, Fantasia didn't work when it was first released, but then in the 60s the hippies fucking loved it. Some movies miss their right time.

What is wrong with the main character?

She's American.

And they got fricking Oprah in as a character consultant.

Only weebs and neckbeards hate it

>confirmed for never having seal
Shits delicious my man.

No one really hates it or cares what technology is used. It's how it's used to tell a story that matters.

>2D anime is working off of the limitation of how hard you can whip korean slaves and still produce faster work and has to keep that in mind while making it
>3D anime just cuts the framerate by 1/2 or even 2/3s with no regard for how garbage it's going to look as a result

it failed because actually marketing something as a "princess movie" doesnt work these days. boys wont want to see something called "the Princess and the frog" because "eew, princesses are for giiiirls" and Adults are likely not to take them because of the same mentality.

Which is why Disney started marketing their princess movies like Dreamworks movies, with quirky titles. So Rapunzel became "Tangled" and "The Ice Queen" became "Frozen"

its less to do with the medium and more to do with the marketing.

Also the fact that it released a week before Avatar, which made everyone forget it.

the movie itself was actually fairly successful on opening weekend.

Moana literally is "brown princess in an ocean" and people still went to see it

>Implying quality = profits
I bet you're the kind of user who makes box office threads.

but it didn't have "princess" in the title. And was not marketed as one. it was marketed as this family adventure film

It also wasnt a traditional princess movie either, and had a unique setting and premise.

The problem isn't CGI itself, it's how many companies take cheap shortcuts with it just to churn something out quickly with no care for quality.

Sure, there are low quality 2D animations to. But they generally take more effort than 3D ones do.

Plus, personally, 2D animation never feels like it ages. 3D does. It's why some SNES games still look great while every N64 game now just looks like a blocky mess.

>France
>Lack of talent
Pick one

Wasn't James Cameron's Avatar out the same time as princess and the frog?

came out a week later.

To this day, I still don't know why people went so crazy over JC's Avatar. It was one of the most boring films I've ever seen.

I mean at least Princess and the Frog had a couple of memorable songs to take away from it. Avatar was just nothing.

Was OP written by an animal or AI that has just begun it's sapient awakening? Or perhaps OP is Starfire?

Pocahontas in space.
it was like Zootopia, gorgeous to look at.

Well, it's a movie from that guy who made the Terminator, isn't it?
Also, it was heralded as that full 3DCGI-movie that was totally awesome with 3D-glasses.

Good CGI doesn't age.

Fucking gantz was final fantasy tier cut-scene graphics. It's a full cgi movie.

Your second cherry picking is moe-blob shit that only fat, neckbeared, weeaboo scum watch.

CGI in anime will always be bad

2D anime doesn't work like that, and if one has a steady 10 (or actually 8 or 12) FPS it's exceptional for a movie and not going to happen for a show.

Modern American 3D movies are vastly more expensive than their 2D movies were. Also vastly more expensive than today's anime movies.

Berserk is an extreme outlier.

Anime is not made in Korea, and not all 3D anime simply throttles the framerate.

What's your favorite CGI series, anons?

pic related

I really wish people would make CGI movies with drastically different artstyles. Lately, everything blends together and looks the same stylistically.

Dude, that's technology from the 90's, if not earlier.

Jimmy Neutron

Or more CGI movies that don't have CGI talking animals or talking objects.

People hate it, it's just that those people are in the minority.

>japan is making cgi anime now
>now
yeah totally a new thing, totally.

Also im sure everyone loves berserk.

>not posting the best and only worth mention example
youtu.be/yR3caZ9hQ5Y

too bad the movie itself sucked ass.

SHrek really was a game changer

>Avatar was just nothing.
It gave us ABATAP

I found avatar boring, but i like the paradox of how the highest grossing movie of all time also forgettable

t. Ant

KIds and their parents.

The people you talk about are the "adult" minority that gives a shit about animation.

You're a retard.

that mesh is pure beauty

1:22 you can still tell its cheap cgi
nice try tho
i mean it, we are not far from having good enough cgi for cartoons

It's not perfect CGI but neither is anything else, and if you are trying to imply it isn't massively better than Berserk then you're delusional.

Yeah but we are far from having good enough 2D animation for cartoons

Meant for

Is it? Princess and the Frog was fffaaarrrrr less expensive than even something like Frozen was. That CGI sucked and it was still 150 million.

It's always Dragon Ball or Naruto that people cite when trying to prove that anime has bad animation (and usually the same couple of examples year after year). Probably because those are the only shows they've ever seen, which I guess makes them fully certified sakuga experts.

sakugabooru.com/post/show/35108
sakugabooru.com/post/show/34352

After that movie and Winnie the Pooh Disney let a lot of its stable of 2D animators go, so if they ever want to try again they have to recruit and train new people.

>cherrypicks CGI
>complains about people cherry picking 2D
And my hero academia isn't an example of good animation

I didn't cherrypick any CGI, and the guy who did wasn't even doing much cherrypicking compared to the guy who posted Berserk since his examples are more in line with what can be expected from 3D anime.

>complains about people cherry picking 2D
It is a fallacy to claim that anime has bad animation because a scene in Dragon Ball has bad animation, and like I said it's always either DB or Naruto because that's all people have seen.

>And my hero academia isn't an example of good animation
Then you are completely unqualified to be saying anything about animation.

Go away, kid. You modern weebs don't even know what good animation looks like.

>Pan video comes out
>threads start immediately
really gives your thinker a tinker

I'm older than you and I said absolutely nothing that would make me a weeb. You have no idea what the word means.

And it is you who has no idea what good animation looks like, so fuck off. You have no business talking about any of this since you know absolutely nothing about it.

>using CGI means you don't have creativity
Nice delusion.
All those people claiming Mad Max 4 didn't have CGI still crack me up

>CGI anime

Miyazaki isn't opposed to 3D animation. Or at least he isn't anymore.

Japan makes good anime CGI. . . it's just that you'll find the majority of it in vidya and not in an actual anime studio.

>movie bible ???

Idolmaster has some great animation. It would be very interesting if someone tried making an anime with the same aesthetic and method (motion capture).

youtube.com/watch?v=hRQ1Iam1zec

Holy shit. That's incredible.
Also, looking back on this film I completely forgot how fucking grotesque and disturbing some of the scenes are (that dudes death with Davys tenticles in particular).

is it just me or does anime always looks like is missing a few frames ?

anime is max 10 f/s mostly just a bunch of still images with moving lips

It deliberately skips frames all over the place.

Myth, and nobody even uses 10 FPS.

>Myth, and nobody even uses 10 FPS.

everybody just use 2 fps

Uh huh.

People who obsess the most over framerate are also the least informed about it.

so tell me informed one how many fps are in animu?

>thread started about 5 hours before pan's video was posted

Think before you pose user.

It has no constant framerate and neither did Disney movies.

>neither did Disney movies.
idiot
Disney movies had 24 fps

No, the framerate varied.