This is another thread where we discuss camp camp, you know the drill

this is another thread where we discuss camp camp, you know the drill

Other urls found in this thread:

wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/79b777e0-dc1c-4bac-8635-2fda8c908d60/index.m3u8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>THERE'S A PLACE I KNOW THAT'S TUCKED AWAY!
>A PLACE WHERE YOU AND I CAN STAY!
>WHERE WE CAN GO TO LAUGH AND PLAY, AND HAVE ADVENTURES EVERYDAY!
>I KNOW IT SOUNDS HARD TO BELIEVE BUT GUYS AND GALS IT'S TRUE!
>CAMP CAMBEL IS THE PLACE FOR ME AND YOU!

Real talk for a moment though, David is best boy and he will one day make Max love the outdoors, or at least stop him from being so cynical.

>tumblr filename

every time

Is it camp time?

NO JASON! THERE IS NO IMMORAL SHIT HAPPENING!
YOU CAN'T MAKE MOMMY PROUD HERE!
JARVIS DOESN'T EVEN EXIST!

Easy sailor
Stop playing the game
He can't get you

what, are we supposed to take the screenshots ourselves instead of stealing them from people who already took them? I'm lazy, son

Things I want to see
Gwen gets drunk and kisses David or she sticks up for him against a snob bitch and says "he's a catch" or some shit

Dolf either finds out about the Holocaust and tries to make it up too Neil. Or learns about Hitler and spends the day trying to copy other campers personalities.

Max somehow gets blackmail on the whole camp and takes it too far. Neil and Nicky try and get blackmail on Max to balance things back.

>YOU CAN'T MAKE MOMMY PROUD HERE!
Still hurts

THIS
>Neil and Nicky try and get blackmail on Max to balance things back.
and maybe this is how we find out something more about Max's backstory and the episode becomes a bit sad towards the end kind of like in episode 12

why is this show so underrated?

Rooster Teeth.
The RvB company, the RWBY guys, the fucking people that own Funhaus.
Unless you were into their early stuff you aren't likely to care about them, as a result Camp Camp is a relative unknown.

Like most things made by Roosterteeth it kinda alienates new viewers, most anything made by RT consists of a lot of inside fandom jokes

It's not. It's ignored by most people for the simple reason that it's not very good.

Just change the fucking filename

Rate this show in terms of characters, animation, jokes, and plot on a scale of 1-10.

5/10

WHERE IS THE PLOT? This is "nothing ever happens, it's an unfinished piece of junk" the cartoon, almost as bad as Bunnicula, FIM, and that slice of life Looney Tunes.

I'd rather watch camp WWE even if it only has like 5 episodes.

Voice acting-9 (it's what really carries the jokes and whole show)
Writing and Jokes-7 a lot of stuff is really predictable. The swear bombs(most the time) seem to mask low writing.
Animation- I would say 6 or 7. It has it's own charm, and they seem to know their limitations unlike RWBY that tries to be an anime.

The art seems to have a hard time with subtle emotion like Max smile in ep 12. Or Nicky scares shitless in the ghost episode.

I'm gonna be honest and say 10
I haven't enjoyed a cartoon this much in a while

>Plot
5/10 They're kids they spend their days doing nonsense so it doesn't really need an overlaying plot
>Animation
5/10 it's clearly cheaper than most TV cartoons and it's not super pretty but it's cute and plays to it's writing
>Characters
7/10 Nothing ground breaking but each one is unique and very easy to differentiate from another, most are one trick ponies but there's 10 more episodes on their way to probably change that
>Overall
It's not impressive, but I find it very personally enjoyable

One day it's going to revealed that David has severe depression.

oh man I hope so, that's gonna be one heartbreaking episode.
So is Daniel coming back?

Kinda what season 1 finale was about.
David is a lot more normal than he let's on, he just really loves outdoors.

David is really just trying to relive his childhood, and trying to give the same experience (he says so a pot in the show) It's just that one person alone makes it an impossible task.

He's not hiding depression, he's hiding the fact the whole camp is bigger than can handle. He literally has to depend on Gwen for any help what soever.

are there any pairings you ship?
personally davidxgwen and davidxdaniel

The second and third episode of the new season kind of imply Nerris has a crush on Neil so I've began shipping them
I also ship Dolph and space kid because I'm literally human garbage and think the two or too adorable

I'm hoping Dolph gets a summer Crush on a girl named Ann.

Not sure who to ship Nicky with. Kissing scene Nicky seems fine with kissing Neil. Nicky is always pushing Max buttons.

Yea I can't really ship Nikki, to me she just seems like she hasn't really developed/explored/ever really thought about what she's attracted to

inb4 I'm thinking too hard about a fictional child's sexuality

I get you don't worry, it's the same for me but regarding Max instead
and yeah Dolph is the cutest most innocent kid and I love him

Has something like this happened yet?

I just started watching it this week and based on my first impression it has three issues holding it back.

It has almost no music or sound effects. There should always be some kind of subtle sound that doesn't get in the way of a scene yet enhances the feeling that the show tries to produce. Also it needs some better transitional music to establish a new scene.

The pacing feels off, I haven't watched all the episodes yet so I don't know if it's gonna get better but I feel like they just pass through the story some times.

Finally, while this does have a lot of cliches i like, I hate how they spell out things for the viewers. In the first episode Nikki states how she's an agent of chaos in the most lazy way, (by just saying it), that would give anyone clear warning signs to the kind of comedy CampCamp will be like.

Overall I do like it enough to keep watching but I'm not gonna go out of my way to recommend it. Maybe it will get better in season 2.

I agree with your assessment

My advice pace it out. Season 2 I sonly two eps new episode this weekend.

The show does have a bad problem of spelling it out. I don't pay much attention to the sound, but season finale is great and first episode of season 2 has a good song.

Camp Camp season 2 episode 3 link

wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/79b777e0-dc1c-4bac-8635-2fda8c908d60/index.m3u8

This, because I wish I did the same. I watched it all in one sitting and finished it too quickly.
I'm gonna do a rewatch soon to try to fill that void, because I just can't get enough of David and Max, I love them

Thanks senpai