Is he now the best DCEU villain?

Is he now the best DCEU villain?

I was disappointed his name wasn't Heir Reese

I like him, but have a soft spot for this sweet face and the man it bleongs too.

>Ares
>Zod
>Lex
>Enchantress

>Batman
>Waller
>Joker
>Darkseid
>Superman

I found him to be laughable when he put on the armor

Watching that after this season of Fargo was like whiplash because Varga is a fucking 10/10 villain.

Why couldn't we protect her smile?

I liked the concept behind it; the God of War forging an improvised suit of armor from debris and shrapnel on a battlefield....but nothing really stood out about it in terms of appearance; it was a humanoid shape made of metal.

...Yeah, kinda.

This dude was shittier than an MCU villain.

She hasn't smiled since she spent the night frolicking naked in a hotel room with another woman and having copious amounts of hot sex with her.

That's what he looks like in the comics

Never finding out why she's fighting for the Germans, or the fact she's a more compelling villain than the general or Ares pisses me off.

His comic armor's actually got some style and detailing to it beyond just "I covered myself in shrapnel and made some eye holes".

Given that she's both Spanish and developed a drug that granted the user a temporary boost of strength, I like to think at some point the DCEU will introduce its own Bane and reveal that he's a descendant who perfected his great-grandmother's work.

His scene in the tower was great. The actual fight on the runway was kind of disappointing by comparison.

>Never finding out why she's fighting for the Germans
They (or at least Ludendorff) believed in her work and helped to make it a reality in der Führer's name.

No his comic armor is typically really slick, reflective & refined.

I honestly thought after he brought shrapnel to him and encased himself in it, it would've heated up and became his comic armor.

DCEU Zod is the best Capeshit villain since TDK trilogy even if the movie overall was weak, Ares is not bad though, better than manchild Loki or tryhard ultron.

>in der Führer's name.

Did you get the time period wrong?

considering movie ares' armor is just a haphazard mix (bunch of scraps...in an airfield!), it's ok (he's not Hephaestus)

I found the shrapnel armor to be really cool, although I really missed the cape.
Only thing laughable was that he was sporting the 1910s moustache in his fall from Olympus flashback. Ohter than that 2-seconds shot, he was cool as fuck.

fucking this. it took all i had not to laugh out loud in the theater.

At least Lex had something interesting to say, but Ares was just vomiting out the same old cliche villain bullshit that I've heard a million times.
But the way he kept disappearing in the watchtower was cool as shit.

>same old cliche villain bullshit
I'd agree if Ares actually caused WWI as Diana thought, but he thankfully came off as more nuanced, simply facilitating events and feeding on war.
The whole "work with me and we'll make a paradise" was a little trite, but on the other hand it was a necessary element to show the Diana is not the bloodthirsty warrior that casuals believe she is.