Transformers General - New Lost Light today

so story time when?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WWDy8Zn5PRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never

that's probably for the best

So, Megatron is still a good guy? I loved his interactions with Ultra Magus and Rodimus.

Megatron is currently stuck in another universe.

Probably the first time i'm not bothering to buy a MTMTE/LL comic in years, so no storytimes from me, at least.

Somebody probably will if it gets uploaded.

>minimus turning against Megatron because 'muh black and white'
>tailgate still being an asshole and not talking about things
>tailgate gone again

it just keeps getting worse. the only good part about this issue was the growing broship between cyclonus and whirl

At least the comic is dying because nobody but the die-hard Roberts cocksuckers buys this or even likes it.

I don't think it'll last 20 issues honestly.

>a few hours earlier
>i trust megatron
>proceeds to trick rodimus into leaving instead of waiting for him by yelling about Getaway

Why is UM being such a worst boy in this run?

It's not as different as people think it is from before. People are just butthurt about certain plot twists.

If they put Milne & Burcham back on the book, it'd affect the tone that much that the sales would be right back on track. I seriously think the art was that important.

Today's mood is relateable pictures of Knockout

Nah, the art is kinda cutesy, but fine.

It's the ridiculousness of some of these TWEESTS, muh angst and characters becoming ragingly OOC to facilitate them that people are hating.
Also this whole last shitty arc. And probabl the next shitty arc because it's going to be based on more Lug and Anode wanking.

aaaaah story time this shit.

So, wait, Megatron is bad again?

i'm kinda confused, did they resolve that whole "lost light crew sent their goodbyes a long time ago" thing?

It's a misunderstanding.

Basically terminus tricked him to getting trapped in the functionist universe. The crew don't know why he stayed behind, Ultra Magnus is making the assumption that he's done it to run away from prosecution.

Nah, Megatron was just trying to do the right thing, surprisingly, but then Terminus and UM got him stuck in the alternate reality so he could have a do-over.
Now it seems either UM has either been plotting against him this whole time or he's totally committed to trying to get Rodimus to leave Megatron in the alternate universe.

>It's not as different as people think it is from before. People are just butthurt about certain plot twists.

Not really. The first 20 issues while having retarded shit felt tight. The characters had unique voices, the storylines were diverse and had a combination of talking and action, there was lots of cool new lore, every issue felt imporant to the character and overall plot etc.

After a while all that tight ploting went away so that Roberts can try and recreate shitty Dr Who plots, all the characters started acting like parodies of themselves, writing for TEH FEEEELZ became all to obvious and the book just lost everything that made it good.

Most people admit that they only kept buying the book because of Milne and his art. Without the art Roberts is finally seen for what he is, a king with no clothes. Just like what happened with Scott when the first Windblade artists fucked off.

If they bring back Milne & Burcham the sales WILL jump up because of them, but the the the damage has been done.

Okey, thank.

Magnus deliberately got Rodimus to leave Megatron behind by yelling "we can't let megatron...GET AWAY, Rodimus. cant let him GETAWAY"

I'm assuming the whole UM screeching "ABUSER! ABUSE!" thing is some tumblr pandering.

Not really. We are having one of those hilarious misunderstandings where the crew thinks that Megatron abandoned them and Megs thinks that the crew left him.

>If they bring back Milne & Burcham the sales WILL jump up because of them, but the the the damage has been done.

we can only hope but IDW is gonna be stubborn about this.

I'm gonna be at TFCon next month, should i ask Alex if he'd come back if IDW gave Lost Light to him?

youtube.com/watch?v=WWDy8Zn5PRY

anyone see this?

Jack Angel and Susan Blu as MTMTE Ultra Magnus and Tailgate.

Jack Angel definitely sounds more like Robert Stack now than he did in the G1 cartoon.

>Alex if he'd come back if IDW gave Lost Light to him?

I think Milne burned that bridge honestly.

Sure you're not reading into what Magnus said too much?

He said "We can't let him get away." his intent was not to allow him to stay behind because he already thought he was running away. He only repeated himself after Rodimus got triggered as fuck and asked him "What did you just say?"

>It's not as different as people think it is from before.
Want to confirm that? Storytime's ongoing, guys...

Seemed deliberate as fuck to me. Especially since he was very trusting towards Megatron a moment before and knew how to trigger Rodimus.

no really, while Milnes art did make me enjoy issues better, I also liked issues that weren't done by him. the writing really is shit. characters have such extreme personality shifts from issue to issue, some times even page to page.

What happened to the moral grey area? Why aren't any of the new crew members decepticons? He keeps introducing these new characters and they have absolutely no investment in what's going on.

Actually, that might be the heart of the problem right there. Before, it was 200 transformers that were forced to rely on each other to make it through their voyage. Now we have a flood of new characters that have no connection to each other or even the universe at large. I mean, Rodimus and the rest were stuck on an alternate reality and the only people on necroworld who cared was brainstorm. Everyone has formed their little groups with their own problems and they don't cross over.

I wanted the story time for the new issue out today.

I can't storytime two issues at the same time, my man.
Also I'm waiting for it to get ripped, same as you.
>Why aren't any of the new crew members decepticons?
Fangry?

>Before, it was 200 transformers that were forced to rely on each other to make it through their voyage. Now we have a flood of new characters that have no connection to each other or even the universe at large.

It's not the new character is that every character has devolved to the G1 cartoon level of "one trait per character" and that trait is "LE SO QUIRKY XDD" 9 times out of 10.

No character feels like a person anymore with their own history, their own faults, hopes, dreams, personalities. They have all been characterized by one thing and nothing outside of that one thing. MTMTE got popular because it did the EXACT opposite of that in the years when TFP was doing just that.

>Fangry?
he wasn't a crew member. He stayed on Necroworld.

>used to buyfag and upload or storytime this series
I just can't bring myself to pay money for this issue after the last one. Sorry, Sup Forums...

>Why aren't any of the new crew members decepticons?
>Fangry?

Fangry has had pretty little focus, i saw in a preview for this new issue he's getting some focus. That has me excited.

but yeah Anode and Lug could have been written out and they had more Decepticons on board.

You know what could have been cool if they used this time to bring back in either Bulkhead, Rhinox or Lugnut who are canonically still missing. Lugnut being loyal to Megatron, being the new Ravage but at the same time not be the new Ravage. Bulkhead or Rhinox as a humble badass type, something we could use right about now.

well shit.

I don't blame you really.

anyone else taking one for the team.

You're doing lord's work user.

The less people buy it the sooner we'll get rid of Roberts.

We killed Scott, we can kill the maymay man!

How long till jro goes into butthurt/damage control on twitter again because the fans fucking hate the majority of Lost Light?

>We killed Scott
Eat shit. TAAO was getting great.

I give it 5-10 hours.

Also the "twist" from this issue is going to be a fakeout and everything will be back to normal in the next issue.

Didn't feel like it. Just felt like characters running in circles and piling on more gay.

I'm sensing Minimus is experiencing some level of identity crisis.

>We killed Scott,

TAAO ended on Scott's on terms because IDW wanted to her to change the story she was going to tell.

Well from all indications the story she was going to tell would have been meandering as fuck.

IDW wanted to do that because they obviously tough that the series isn't popular and isn't selling well.

The "ending on my own terms" is PR corporate response because Scott is a professional and won't go on a meltdown "TEH RUINED MUH STORYY!!!" like Roberts will go when he gets fucked because she knows that would be carrier suicide.

I don't think jro can pull that off. He's clearly given up with working on Megatron.

However, I fucking love that idea. The UM side of him is all black and white, essentially Lawful Neutral and guided by just the autobot code and baser emotions such as anger, whilst Miminus Ambus is gentle and thoughtful and sees shades of grey, however, he's essentially addicted to and feels he has to use the UM suit.

I'm definitely getting some hints of that from him.

Though it doesn't seem to be intrinsically tied to the Magnus armor. He's given 2 completely different points of view RE: Megatron avoiding his trial whether he's wearing it or not.

>Storytime thread
>Begging instead of an actual storytime
Wew

>nobody wants to buy the comic
>even regular buyfags backing out
Guess we'll wait for somebody who hates themselves or is a completionist.

if you want a storytime then fucking download the issue and do it yourself

don't beg

>Rodimus says the first emotionally sound thing he has in a while
>UM starts to REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE after saying he trusted Megatron and being the one that triggered roddy into leaving him there in the first place

What are we supposed to get from this?

"We gotta keep delaying their trip back to the Lost Light", that's what.

I'm more confused about how you think it needs resolving. They sent the messages. Everyone thinks they're dead. That's part of the description of this series. It's simple.
Getting back to the Lost Light is also part of the book's description. I don't understand how so many people are whining about how "we haven't seen the mutineers yet" or how "they aren't back on the Lost Light yet". Are you people expecting them to get back there as soon as possible? The entire point of the series is how they're getting the Lost Light back. did you think is was going to be something different? Why do you want to blow that load so early?

Have a collection of trades consisting of MTMTE.

Decided to waste one more 20 bucks just to complete the volume but otherwise I would rather just buy the ex-RiDs.

>Getting back to the Lost Light is also part of the book's description. I don't understand how so many people are whining about how "we haven't seen the mutineers yet" or how "they aren't back on the Lost Light yet". Are you people expecting them to get back there as soon as possible? The entire point of the series is how they're getting the Lost Light back. did you think is was going to be something different? Why do you want to blow that load so early?

Because since Issue 50, we were given the biggest holy shit moment and since then very little has payed off.

I know this season is about Rodimus and friends making their way back to their ship but so far it hasn't been satisfying the first 6 issues, no real progress has happened outside of ditching Megatron and the forcedness of Anode & Lug.

I have no idea what goes on in issue 7 but the sooner they begin their journey back the better.

So far the comic's been a bust.

I'll definitely enjoy issue 10 when it finally comes out but that's still a few months away.

It's a shame Roberts has so many great characters but now it's like he doesn't know what to do with them.

I wish Nick Roche could take over, I think he'd be able to give a more satisfying conclusion.

>I have no idea what goes on in issue 7
So why don't you just... read it?

No one's story timed it.

m8

MATE

we have win-o-threads for a reason

Don't tell me you solely rely on storytimes to read comics.

That's ADORABLE.

If he is a mobile shitposter then he'd have no means of using the win-o threads.

u wot
nothing about being on a phone prevents you from downloading and reading comics

GO TO:
RETHINK LIFE

I am legitimately, honestly curious on why you think that. I'd like details of your thought process.

Deadlo--I mean, Drift, don't be such a hypocrite.

Nautica should have said don't push your luck kid.

also she's got an eyepatch....damn that's kinda cool.

God, this is so fucking dumb. I'm starting to regret how much I enjoyed and looked forward to MTMTE, because now I'm reading this.

Uh oh.

Whoops.

Gotta write out all the characters people read for to make room for that Lug/Anode shit, dontcha know?

You know, I know t shouldn't but I did like the fondness the LL command had for one another, and I honestly find it pretty shitty they assumed Megatron betrayed them rather than got delayed or hurt in the huge battle raging above. Doesn't even feel like good drama, just feels shitty.

OK not gonna lie this issue was a holy shit finally Roberts is getting back into the groove of things.

Fangry that magnificent bastard, oh my god.
I can't believe he played the waiting game like this out of spite.

>Roberts making fun of "black and white" thinking this issue
>"BETTER MAKE ONE OF THE ONLY DECEPTICONS THE "TWIST" VILLAIN"
Imagine being so un self aware.

>You know, I know t shouldn't but I did like the fondness the LL command had for one another, and I honestly find it pretty shitty they assumed Megatron betrayed them rather than got delayed or hurt in the huge battle raging above. Doesn't even feel like good drama, just feels shitty.

yeah i wish they gave him benefit of the doubt but considering how the mutiny was caused by Megatron being there and it was mostly him. Everything from 50 and on was because they associated with him, the loss of Skids and Ravage....the damages and all that. I can get why they are fucking pissed.

It is weird seeing Rodimus kinda more relaxed, like he's pissed but calmed down about it.

This is probably the best Rodimus has been in quiet a while.

God, I love Fangry now.

I guess that is a good point.

still i guess it's also, that violence just begets another cycle of violence. I mean Tailgate really fucked up Fangry, can't say I don't get why he didn't just forgive.

It's so friggin callous how Fangry befriended Kaput just to brutally slaughter him.

Tailgate has that habit of just bringing out the worst in people lol.

Why is Roberts milking the cygate drama so hard? Is he trying to make people who actually liked it hate it now? Because that's what's happening to me.

Because Cygate is one of the things the fans loved or at least what Roberts thinks people want.

what we really want is the story to get back on track.

He doesn't understand it's popularity is from the fact it's a slow burn light-hearted and sweet background plot, not a fucking spanish soap opera.

I think he's really attempting to pander right now. Lug/Anode feel like they've just been thrown in so he can have some lesbians on the crew. Magnus having a tumblr crypost breakdown over Megatron. Trying to focus on cygate with tragic shit.

Feels more like characters just flipflopping round depending on what the latest drama is rather than organic drama from actual conflict and shit.

There was a story?

This is like MLP with the seriousness in the beginning and then at the end with slice of life in the middle. Except I don't like this Slice because it isn't cute ponies.

Jro should just kill Rodimus and bring Megatron back and somehow tank anyone else that needs to be gone.

>No "He's kaput"
Fangry is cute.

no one gives a shit about your opinion of ponies, fuck off back to /mlp/