Can you guess which movie came out 20 years ago today??

Can you guess which movie came out 20 years ago today??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NhR_Ig6qB-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HERC
U
LES

Technically no.
>Hercules began its limited release in North America on June 13, 1997, playing in one selected theater.

>BLACKS IN MY GREEK MYTHOS REEEEEEE

Don't be a party pooper, Mr. popper

>The first movie I saw in theaters is 20 years old

I want off this ride.

Did anyone actually have a problem with this?

I thought it was a clever adaptation to what a modern equivalent would be.

My life.
It's a really shitty movie, would not recommend.

I just realized it's because those are the colors of Greek pottery. Brown black and light brown.

It was the end of the nineties. Peak End of History. Everything was right in the world.

However.

I feel old now. Oh fucking hell, I feel so old now.

>Digimon and Harry Potter turned 20 two days ago
>Now I hear Hercules is also 20.
My god... I'm running out of time..

Wow, I would have been three. This is one of the first movies I saw in theatres. A shame I missed the high point of Disney's Renaissance.

I mainly remember the part where Hercules fights the Gorgon and surfs down their throats and the colour scheme is all red.

first movie I've seen in theatres

Still my favorite disney movie ever

I don't give a shit about muh butchered greek mythology, disney screwed up literally every fairy tale out there and no one cared

HONEY YOU MEAN HUNKULES

Everything changed when the Millennials attacked

HONEY I THINK YOU MEAN FUCKULES

Good one.

Hydra, not Gorgon.

WHO PUTS THE GLAD IN GLADIATOR?

Gladiators are Roman!
[screams internally]

Me too fampai. Me too. At least I got to meet James Woods at a Trump rally last year.

How did they get away with this?

The same way they got away with Danny Devito playing himself: a rape happy goatman

I wanted the Percy Jackson movies to give the same feels as I got from Hercules, but that didn't happen.

At least there's the Hercules animated TV series and Kingdom Hearts.

>Hercules animated TV series

Fuck i forgot about that series.

None of the original voice actors, but still pretty good if you cared about the minor characters from the movie. It's up there with the better TV tie alongs of cinema released kid movies. How to Train Your Dragon's was shit, while Madagascar's was great.

>tfw having a mid-life crisis at 24 years old

actually james woods still does the voice of hades in that show. he doesn't want anyone else to do it

Can anyone else but James Woods do Hades? He voiced him in Kingdom Hearts as well.

The guy is actually pretty chill.

>How to Train Your Dragon's was shit

Only because Jay was the only movie cast member to return other than that it was decent imho.

Now since we're on the topic of old school Disney cartoons who else remembers Tailspin?

his japanese voice actor does the james woods voice really well, if that counts

The only character i hated in the movie is pretty obvious: Paul Schaefer as Hermes

I always quite liked it. I watched a lot of again when I was studying up on Classics and a lot of the Greek mythology references had me in stitches.

Plus the intro was pretty great.

youtube.com/watch?v=NhR_Ig6qB-E

The Hercules, Tarzan, and Aladdin tv series were all pretty good. Wish I could find some nice downloads.

It's true, he sounds a lot like James Woods speaking Japanese

Middle>Far Right>Right>Left>Far Left

WE WUZ CHORUSES AND SHEEIT

here, have a wallpaper in celebration

BACK WHEN THE WORLD WAS NEW

Meg was my first crush