Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

So no X-men in MvCI because "no one remembers them" anyway.

I was kinda looking forward to whats-his-name being in Mahvel but I can't even remember who it is anymore.

Go Black Panther and Gamora!

>Still caring about MvCI
Dragonball FighterZ is the new Marvel, for all I'm concerned.

I just don't understand what went so wrong? I know its really easy to put the blame on Disney, but people forget to realize that Disney owned Marvel for two years before MvC3 even came out, and that it was Disney to convince Marvel to stop inhousing their IPs for video games.

Just won't be the same without that one guy

At least we've got star lord even if he does have that weird yellow helmet

Article made me smirk, not gonna lie.

Between MCU synergy and Capcom's inability to release a fully functioning fighting game, this never had a chance. Not to mention it has to go up against Injustice 2 and Tekken 7.

>What went wrong
Having producers that tried to force Mahvel to:
1 - change fundamentally from what people expect (see: assists)
2 - exist as an advertisement for the movie franchises

And this guy who thinks people don't remember the fucking X-men

It's real fucking sad when a DBZ fighting game looks way better than the fourth installment of the MVC franchise.

I really hope that Capcom ends the Vs. series after this piece of shit. Also that Marvel never makes another fighting game ever again.

guys, guys, nobody fucking remembers Wolverine.

Everyone remembers this guy.

You guys care way to much about this game.

I'm not even one of those curious sort who'll try to nitpick at Marvel for excluding FF and X-Men shit like their inclusion would magically make anything better, but I have to say that excuse is fucking weak.
Who hires these people? Or at least if they're good at their job elsewhere who chooses not to speak with them briefly before interviews like this to think up better excuses?

A modern Marvel fan isn't really relevant to anything since MvC is largely a fighting game which most people, Marvel fans or no, aren't going to invest much into anyway unless they're fans of the genre. And fans of fighting games sure as fuck are going to remember the X-Men properties because anyone who has played the MvC series knows Magneto, Storm, Sentinel and Cable.

Again I don't think the FF would matter, Super Skrull was a far more versatile approach than one of each, and I don't think all of the X-Men need to be present but claiming those playing the fucking series won't remember them over characters who have never even been in it? Are you joking? Come the fuck on son.

Admittedly this is a harmless remark since anyone like myself annoyed by it either is going to play the game anyway or never was, and it doesn't make so much as a splash in the sea of media Marvel can push to make dosh anyway. But really. Really, sort your material out. It'd take all of two minutes.

>We feel the X-Men have had plenty of representation over the years and would like to allow others the same chance
His shit is up there with
>You think you do, but you don't.

>it has to go up against injustice 2
Gonna be looooooong dead by the time this releases, don't kid yourself
>and tekken 7
not even remotely the same crowd

It's gonna get eaten alive by Dragonball if anything.

"Nobody remembers who the X-Men are anymore, but you know who the people know? Carol Danvers, that's right, one of the lowest selling comics, people love and recognize her".

I do expect Chris Redfield/Jill Valentine and someone from Monster Hunter in Smash 5 though. However that would mean the third-party limit is bumped to 3 per company meaning Agumon and either Lloyd Irving or Heihachi joining Pac-Man with Bamco (Hopefully if Konami stops being shits long enough, that means we get Snake back along with Bomberman and Simon Belmont.).

this is fucking stupid if they just come out and said no xmen it would be shit but atleast honest
what really burns my buns is if they want to push the mcu in this game they could use the wealth of characters they arent
no vulture
no loki
only two Guardians and no ronan and star lord
no winter solider (i think they are putting him in it tho)
no whiplash
no yellow jacket

she like wonder woman but light bulb

Dlc includes
God Vegito
Beerus
Merged Zamasu

Reminder that X-Fags have no right to complain, they dominated comics and media for three decades up to and including when their movies were fresh and popular. No other Marvel IP has such a strong presence in MvC or other video games, let alone their own numerous dedicated fighting games. Go play one of those and stop whining.

Oh Evans

What dirt did Marvel dig up on you?

>No other Marvel IP has such a strong presence in MvC or other video games,

That's because it started as an X-Men videogame.
Go back to fap to ponies you virgin tubroautist.

t. Peter Rosas

what does that even mean

i amazed marvel didn't push ms marvel or mocking bird into this shitstorm

How did Marvel get THIS bad?!

So is Capcom just dicing head first into bankruptcy?

>says the bitter nerd who can't get over that people just aren't as interested in his favorite toys after 30 years of heavy exposure

Perlmutter needs to let this shit go and at least put in a few X-Men in.

I know they can't say "it's because of rights" and shit but is this really really the best excuse they could come up with?

>Sign in through Steam
Can I order groceries to my house using Steam yet?

It means that before there was Marvel vs Capcom there was X-men vs Street Fighter

The way Valve is taking over distribution, you just might soon enough.

wow
i never seen marvel go down to shit so fast in every media

Well they clearly outsourced their model work for MvCI, so it seems they can't find a decent budget even with Disney pitching in

This wouldn't be as funny if Deadpool and Logan weren't smash hits.

If it was about popularity, Peter, Logan and Wade would be front and center, not Carol, Steve and Tony. You'd also have Venom-Bison, not Sigma-Ultron.

>I know you liked the X-Men for years but you really don't remember them that well, so here's GAMORA

before that there was xmen children of the atom

You know, it's funny how they've fucked all of their remaining decent IPs in a span of less than 5 years.

>others the same chance
Speaking of which, where's my Black Knight? Where's Cap Britain? Where's Mad Jim Jaspers?
Right. They don't care about giving other characters a chance. They care about MCU pandering.

like square enix and kanomi and Nintendo, Sega
im starting to see a pattern here

>thinking a man who backed the Trump Administration will ever make a smart decision that would even tangentially benefit people other than himself

Keep on dreamin'.

>tfw the story demo uses Sigma the same way the Mega Man comics did.
>It looks just as bad here as it did there.

Stop making stories where Sigma bodies everyone, it's boring and nobody likes it.

>Gonna be looooooong dead by the time this releases
Will still be rolling out DLC by then. Stop thinking you FGC clubhouse represents general audiences.

>Sega
>Nintendo
You got the other two right at least.

I remember when he had the most 80s look in the world as opposed to the most 90s look in the world

Eh, crossover games have always been cheap cash grabbers. What I find weird is why they're even using new models for some characters then the old one for others. MvC2 was a hodgepodge of ripped sprites same with CvS2.

Why bother making horrible ones for Dante and Chun when the old ones from MvC3 just need a slight touch up?

>Will still be rolling out DLC by then. Stop thinking you FGC clubhouse represents general audiences.
I'm sorry, I assumed you weren't an idiot and were talking about whether people who actually play fighting games would stick with Injustice because that's what it means for a fighting game to remain alive (and a necessity for challenging another fighting game).

People playing fucking multiverse doesn't threaten Marvel vs sales or turnout you mong.

It's also very strange that they made new shittier models and then threw in the exact same rigging and animations as the previous game for many characters

I'm struggling to even see the point in this release

Lightning Returns came out in the past 5 years, and Konami cancelled PT within the same time frame

What keeps fighting games alive are people buying fighting games, you brainwashed dipshit.

I hope you aren't trying to say that those are good things.

It's obvious at this point the problem is the team behind the game, not exactly Capcom or Marvel's fault.

Then again
>Letting FCG idiots make a game without someone who could actually tell them what NOT to do.

I was linking square enix and konami to Pointing out those examples of them fucking their remaining IPs

>What keeps fighting games alive are people buying fighting games
There is a difference between "fighting games" the genre and "a fighting game" an individual game.

Get some reading comprehension

Capcom is literal shit,they basically killed all their franchises

Worst management ever

Fuck Marvel.

>SF - Dead
>MvC - Dead
>Resi - Dead
>Monhun - Dying
>DMC - Dead
What's left, Ace Attorney?

SF isn't dead, just dying. They could save it if they pushed back to SF4 style

Resident Evil 7 is great and that franchise is probably their strongest at the moment.

Monhun is dying, yeah

DMC is in a coma

That whole interview was shit.

>oh man I love this character, can you put him in?
>lol no that character sucks, get fucked nerd.

Yes, that's exactly how you give an interview to fans of your games.

Remember when Marvel fans were crowing about how MvC meant Marvel would #btfo DC game?

I remember.

>Gonna be looooooong dead by the time this releases, don't kid yourself
KEK watching you guys go through the 7 st ges of grief since Injustice 2 was announced is just amazing

>I really hope that Capcom ends the Vs. series
If SF x Tekken couldn't kill it, nothing will.

Even a shit game would still beat anything NRS ever made, so that's not much of a boast.

Why the fuck didn't just mention, or at least imply, Fighting Layer EX! This interview was not only shit, but unprofessional as fuck.

Phoenix Wright is still good, so not all of them

>Can I order groceries to my house using Steam yet?
Only if Gaben takes 3/4 of your order for himself

How could we not, they were raiding all Injustice threads for a year. I hope they learn something from this disaster

Injustice sucks ass.

>implying Injustice 2 isn't already dying
They didn't fix any of the problems from Injustice 1, by the time DLC is out in force the game in tournaments will be dead.

>Marvel vs DC
This is a vidya thread, keep your childish capeshit wars out of it

I mean don't get me wrong NRS are the worst fighting game devs in history and Injustice is complete shit but MvC had Marvel and Capcom's upper management.

Anybody who didn't see this game being unrepentant garbage was being willfully retarded.

Kill yourself

>I really hope that Capcom ends the Vs. series
Fuck you. The series is fucking great, & I want it to continue. Just not be the peace of shit nu-Marvel, Crapcom, & Combofiend are selling, at least graphical wise. The gameplay is fine, but each half of the roster looks like garbage, or bland in Hawkeye's case, & the Story demo don't tell me shit other than it being 'ROLL CALL' the demo. I hope this fails purely because of that interview.

This game is basically MCU vs. Capcom. There are only two or three characters that aren't part of the MCU.

>There are only two or three characters that aren't part of the MCU

Yet

It always baffles me how PR people seem to be extremely adept at digging themselves INTO holes instead of out of them

Its kinda amazing honestly that they can be so incompetent at their job. Fucking nobody is going to accept that "nobody remembers the xmen"

>forced to sacrifice Viewtiful Joe, Ammy & Phoenix Wright for Mega Man to be correctly represented.

>I really hope that Capcom ends the Vs. series after this piece of shit.

The series died after UMvC3.

>Viewtiful Joe
>VJ3 never

They are trying to kill AA by not localizing literally all the best games.

>monhun is dying
Nigga, how are you not hype for World?

Also Im still expecting a dmc announcement any time now. The director said hes working on a project and there was that image last year of dante and nero's VAs in mocap suits

Why even live?

I like how that writer is masking his pain through humour.
Those names got slight chuckles out of me.

>>Nigga, how are you not hype for World?
Literally looks like some western game they slapped the Monster Hunter name onto.
>Trying to "appeal to a wider audience"
Doomed to fail.

>Nigga, how are you not hype for the worst aspects of Monhun's MMO design to be wedded to slow "cinematic" garbage

Monhun needed more of a focus on online and to be a little more arcadey, they went in the wrong direction on two different fronts

Sf x Tekken is no MvC. It's one thing to fuck up the former, but fuck up the latter is another.

>no one remembers the X-men
Except the people who have 'KINETIC CARD', 'BERSERKER BARRAGE' and OPTIC BLAST' engraved on their mind

>how are you not hype for World?
Maybe the whole part about capcom not listening to what their nip and western fans actually want and forming a game around an audience that doesn't really like or know what Monster Hunter is.

Then there's the fact that it takes the worst part of Gens and makes them standard movesets for weapons.
Natural traps are going to get annoying too seeing as monsters can fall into them on their own.

We saw basically no footage. The only "casualization" i saw was the wisps that help you find the monster and thats fine with me since previously it was just memorize where the monster spawns and run straight there

>>We saw basically no footage.
Except, you know, the 20 minute gameplay demo they showed off.
It just comes off as desperate.

>20 minutes of gameplay is no footage

>and lesser known-Captain Marvel

Implying magneto and sentinel wasn't the most used characters b

>Dragonball FighterZ is the new Marvel, for all I'm concerned.
It's looking like a great game and all, but it does nothing for me, as a Marvel fan. And when I say Marvel fan, I specifically mean a fan of Marvel comics. I really wanted this game to be good, but the current MCU shilling is getting out of control, and Marvel's pettiness toward Fox is just having them shoot themselves in the foot constantly.

AA is dead on the West

Bad localization,skipping games,download only releases.

Uh oh nintendrones found the thread abandon ship

>Read picture
>Oh it's a joke
>Google it
>It's real
I mean in all fairness I actually don't like the majority of Xmen anyway but this is pretty retarded.

I hate that they keep using his reboot look. The reboot fucking sucked. As someone that actually owned the NES game and really loved it and actually did always want the character in this series, using this version is like a kick in the dick.

It's Ike for sure.

Getting ousted from the MCU table and losing his Inhumans movie has made him buckle down on this shit as a desperate power move.

Won't be surprised at all when Marvel Studios continues to be a smashing success while Ike runs Marvel Entertainment into the ground.