The Notebook That Reveals the 2007 Cartoon Network

>The Notebook That Reveals the 2007 Cartoon Network

>I unearthed a fun read that displays how Cartoon Network marketed their shows and company 10 years ago.

Its like looking inside a time capsule.

dotandline.net/cartoon-network-notebook-2007-c4d76bcbabdc

Other urls found in this thread:

icv2.com/articles/news/view/7757/cartoon-network-licenses-gamera
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KXTMGJi8yic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Damn...

This notebook is a decade old, and CN is trying desperate to get good ratings now.
The channel is, ironically, being left in the dust by new technology, like all of TV in general.

What went so wrong Sup Forums?

This was around the time where they cancelled Toonami and started pushing Live Action right?

Makes me wish there was more in house Nickelodeon materials floating around from the 90s. The most that I'm aware of is a small handful of video footage from inside the main studio building and interviews with various people working on shows.

Dawn of that. They're still promoting toonami and are just starting shit like Out of Jimmy's Head

This document is painful to look at because it's from just before the channel went to complete shit.

I don't think they'll ever do anything as ambitious as Invaded again.

I didn't think most of these shows were still airing by 2007, damn

>Untitled Santo Series

This never happened did it?

Some shorts were aired in Mexico, nothing special outside of an homage.

Man I remember Invaded. That was some good shit.

Fuck man I'd love a cartoon about Santo.

>Class of 3000

still hurts to this day

I don't really post on Sup Forums much (just lurk the catalog in case something catches my eye) but what's the general consensus on Camp Lazlo? I remember thinking it was one of the last "good" cartoons on TV before I went into that shitty teenager phase everyone has growing up.

That unreleased Santo cartoon reminds me of how they announced a fucking Gamera cartoon at their 2005 upfront, then it never got made.

icv2.com/articles/news/view/7757/cartoon-network-licenses-gamera

I hated it

I liked it. It was great.

>that's just how their little heads work

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KXTMGJi8yic

It's all Spanish though.

Some episodes were pretty great, some others were mediocre as fuck. Still a decent show for me.

2007 is where we lost all hope. Re-Animated, a movie no one cared about, the majority of the live-action was where we should have all saw the warning signs.

Class of 3000 was going to be based. I still have the soundtrack.

Do you ever have moments where you wish you could hold on to your childhood? I mean, 2006 was when I started middle school, which is the devil in my opinion. The mid-2000s was a slump that we're still trying to recover from, but seeing the Billy and Mandy PS2 game makes me want to spend more time being a kid, even as CN was gradually turning into shit.

>2007 is where we lost all hope.
Just stop with the drama.

LOST ALL HOPE MY MAN

bump

Neat find. Thanks user

It's terrible, and you're an idiot.

>Do you ever have moments where you wish you could hold on to your childhood?
No

>Camp Lazlo?
Art style annoyed me as fuck.

I think I liked it well enough, it was alright I guess.

If Jim Samples continued being president of CN, would it still have continued in the mediocre and "meh" direction it was going in by 2005-2006, or would it probably have improved eventually?

bump

>"Everything is perfectly normal, except that Rodney is a squirrel"
Wow, basically stating how boring that show was.
>"Fridays with new kid hosts!"
Oh fuck. Fried Dynamite. I was 10 in 2007, and I thought that was the lamest shit ever.

>Hey 2007 wasn't that ba-
>Reanimated
Looking back you could start to see when shit was getting out of hand
It was decent, I watched it casually.

So did everything go to shit as soon as they started using that eye grating pink/cyan/yellow palette?

It wasn't the golden age of CN but it sure as hell was much better than the CN Real era and present day.

When it was brand new and I was in middle school I loved it. I watched it like crazy. I haven't watched it since it ended in 2008. I don't know if I would still like it today. Probably not.

No. CN Real was the beginning of the end.

>Master Control
That was some good stuff. Though I guess putting the power to choose programming in the hands of literal children might not lead to the best line up.

Being the shit I was, I always went Shadowmark

Children could probably make a better schedule than Vishnu.

I had the Billy and Mandy fighting game on GC. It was actually fun af, and stayed true to the show. I miss that show so much.

How many "Cartoon Network is ruined FOREVER" threads do we need per week?

Yes, we get it. CN Real was shit, Teen Titans Go is aired a million times a day, and Cartoon Network's programming was at its zenith when you were 12. As consumer-friendly Cartoon Network sounded at the time, remember that it was a business first, a television network second, and a friend last.

And this whole rose-tinted look back at CN can be applied to nearly every TV network. Remember when TLC was called The Learning Channel and didn't just air reality shows? Remember when The History Channel aired documentaries and not Pirates of the Carribean? I remember when Syfy was called Sci-Fi.

Point is, you can't keep crying over something that's already rotting. TV in general was marked for death when the Internet grew in power, which is why net neutrality is now the hill they're dying on. And complaining how cartoons were better in your time on an image board won't bring them back.

I forgot about Master Control. I was always team Blastadons.
Seriously though, does anybody even look fondly at Fried Dynamite? That was fucking terrible.

I'd say 2006 CN was something of a decline. But 2007 was the real, "concrete" downhill slope.

-CN City ended in June 07
-The Fridays block ended in Feb 07 and was replaced with the poor Fried Dynamite
-The crap version of Toonami began (the one with soccerball-faced TOM as the mascot) in March 2007
-The seeds of CN Real were planted in Sept 07 with the show Out of Jimmy's Head

Wait, History Channel now shows Pirates of the caribbean? Lol

>10 years
>time capsule
10 years is a short amount of time OP. I'd still consider anything done after 2000 new. I've only recently accepted the 90's as not all that recent.

Events, this is something modern CN just no longer does

Since you were 10 in 2007, I'm curious: do you associate your childhood more closely with 2000-2006 or 2006-2009?

More or less 2001-2007. I started to dislike CN around this exact point actually, and look much more fondly on stuff that was on CN from 2001-2005. I watched a lot of Robotboy and My Gym Partner's a Monkey, but don't wanna bother revisiting them even though I enjoyed them back then. Stuff like Dexter, PPG and Ed Edd n Eddy have been revisited many times.