DCEU's Superman:

What can be done to fix this version of Superman. So far he has been the worst aspect in this universe since it screwed him over.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d6UDEi8H43M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have him stop doing that facial expression. Every scene he was in in BvS he was making that damn face.

I don't understand how he can be worse than this universe's Batman who's pretty much a retard that can fight good. Did people just watch the warehouse fight scene and zone out for the rest?

Show him enjoying his powers
Have him save people directly
Make him likeable (smiling wouldn't hurt)

He seemed like he was bored.

Nor miles will eat up anything with Batman. So he is in the clear and Wonder Woman won them over.

AM I the only one who got some real autistic vibes from him?

>problems with sensory overload
Typical of autists
>problems socializing and keeping relationships
>problems talking with strangers
>can't properly emote, and seems to don't know how to act towards other people's feelings

Did it start with Man Of Steel?

I for one welcome our world's first autistic Superhero

Quit with all the Jesus crap.
Have at least one scene with him being happy he was able to help somebody.
And most of all, keep Snyder the fuck away from him.

...wait...is he autistic?

Bring him back as a completely different character, never reference anything he's done so far again.

Get rid of Cavill, he's a nice guy but he can't act to save his life.

Stop trying to deconstruct him before actually constructing him.

No Drax is the first autistic superhero.

That explains why people thought Baleman was good

Yeah i wouldn't mind if they killed Cavill Superman and gave us a younger, more hopeful and instinctive Superman. Superboy maybe

>Stop trying to deconstruct him before actually constructing him.

This!

unless they engage Alan Moore then i guess they can do both at the same time

Cavill is pretty good and he understands Superman so keep him. Just give him a better script.

Kill him off permanently.

That doesnt solve anything

See . A good script and better editing help a great deal.

I'm concerned with how JL or MoS2 explains his resurrection as Clark, not just as Superman. Will he take a new identity? Dude can't be Superman all the time.

Just stop trying to make him a Randian superhero and make him a regular superhero instead.

How is MoS superman a Randian hero? Outside of the superficial aspects, like good looks and physic which every Superman has. He is not a John Galt.

>smiles broadly one time in MOS, when he learns to fly.
>looks like a psychotic person
Still got to give him a chance. Could be better under a new director and light.

I get the feeling that he'll get replaced by Supergirl.

>Just give him a better script.
Not just that, but a better director. Just see the performance Jenkins could get from Gadot, and see how bored pretty much everybody looked in BvS. Snyder just can't direct actors.

Nothing. He's doing fine.

Am I supposed to disagree with that image? Superman not smiling is a legitimate flaw. I don't want to watch a movie about a superman who looks like he'd rather be in bed.

His entire character arc in BvS is in realizing how much altruism sucks. In the end he rejects the idea entirely and sacrifices himself only because people he directly cared about were in danger.

>reddit pic.

>He saved a school bus full of kinds and got reprimended for it, so he stops saving people, even his own father.

>He goes behind the guy's back like a bitch instead of making an example out of him

>Has the doubts of a teenager despite being in his 30s

>Lets Luthor's goons get away because showing off in front of Batman was more important

He's a shit Superman, and the fact that you have to actually point out the good things he does is proof enough that the movie was awfully made.

>MUH SMILE
>MUH COLORS

Is he walking into one of Ben's farts or something?

Try killing yourself. There's nothing wrong with this version. It's perfect for the modern era. Stick to Disney if you want lighthearted shit. Let DC do the gritty stuff and allow everyone to have something for themselves.

>so he stops saving people, even his own father.
The first scene of adult Clark in the movie is rescuing the oil rig workers, and Lois talks about how she followed the stories of a 'guardian angel'.

Man, you does sound childish.

I don't think gritty=good, but I do like seeing a Superman who has to grow into the role instead of Jor-El teaching him for 12 years.

Should've attended all of your grammar classes, Pajeet

But he does smile. Remember when he saves that girl from the fire in Mexico? He's smiling at her the entire way down and at her waiting family. He stops smiling because everyone made it weird by trying to touch what they percieved as God/an angel of God/a miracle of God.

Seriously, do you want superman to just smile autistically in every scene? He reacts like a human does.

>3 and a half movie until you get the basic character

>when every other superhero movie has the hero do this by the end of the first movie

>where a man that is balding and almost on his middle age still isnt able to be the hero that he is suppused to be.

I think he might be losing his mind too, considering he hallucinated his dad in the mountains.

>He reacts like a human does.
Pretty sure that a human would talk with the people, instead of behave in an autistic way.

This Superman IS autistic, he is actualy an analogy for autism The kind of person that spend all their time defending this shit movie can relate with him because of it.

I'd be pretty moody if I just wanted to help, but everyone either worshiped, feared, or hated me.

Smiling and being happy all the time does not equal hope. If that was the case, then Joker is the most hopeful person in the world. Hope is when you see and believe in the positive when there is negative around. You can be depressed, sad, and be down but still have hope. And that was the whole point of the movie. Despite the scrutiny, Superman kept Supermanning.

Make him speak. Preferably not with ghost dads

Get rid of a fanbase who only want to see what they think Superman SHOULD be and decry any other interpretation of him as "wrong"

It's this all over again.
youtube.com/watch?v=d6UDEi8H43M

Just ignore shit when Whedon or someone soft-reboots him.

Get Costner back alive with no explanation. Different suit.

When you're making a product in a world where THE defining version has already BEEN made, you can do whatever the fuck you want.

When you ARE the one trying to make the defining version, no, you can't fucking experiment with making characters radically different from how the audience wants them to be.

Most people woudnt even have cared or defend this movie if it wasnt for the IP.

You can clearly notice that the fools obssessed with defending it are company war obssessed fags.

I firmly believe this is the reason. All those roids and protein Ben was taking to get swole made him have lots of nasty poots. He would stink up the set every time Cavill was about to shoot a scene just to fuck with him.

Better question is how do we fix Lex Luthor? Can we get away with having Lex Sr or something?

There's a lot of things I love about Man of Steel, from having threatening villains to seeing hypersonic speed and super strength portrayed really well. I also really like Henry Cavill, but for some reason, the depressing blue-wash vibe and writing of the WB/DC studio just slays all his charisma.

How I'd improve him. Have him stop bank robbers, save the international space station, intervene in a massacre in afghanistan, stop an oil spill in the south china sea, and cool fukashima's reactor with ice breath, and smile whilst doing it.

Then if you want to go dark, he gets home, and breaks down crying because he couldn't simultaneously be at a mudslide near the Ganges that buried a village, or stop a tornado that decimated a town in Tennessee, or stop a work colleague dying of cancer.

We also need a raven-haired Lois with sassy attitude.

>perfect for the modern era.
>modern audiences hate it

What did he mean by this?

>because everyone made it weird by trying to touch what they percieved as God/an angel of God/a miracle of God.
Unlike Wonder Woman, that stood there among the people she saved in that town, smiling along with them and joining them in their celebration, and therefore, making herself more human to them.
Accepting a display of gratitude is only human and the right thing to do sometimes. Otherwise you come out as a total prick, like Superman.

Why would you do a movie about an established character then?
If you make a Superman movie, you have to deal with the legacy of the character. The public perception of the character is what gets people's asses on the sits in the first place, and the failure to deliver on that is what drives them away, as the massive drops for Snyder's film have shown.
You can still do personal takes on the characters, while keeping them recongizable, like Nolan did.

I'm a huge villain fanboy with Lex Luthor being one of my favorites. Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal just pisses me off

You're wasting your time.
Clark doesn't need to try and act human because "they won't let him be human anyway" so all we've got left is him feeling sad he's being treated as a god.

What is the point of making a superman movie where superman doesn't act like superman?

something something realistic reimagining something something modern audiences

Being hopeful and good hearted and kind and optimistic isn't unrealistic. Superman as a character has been battling that perception forever. Even Christopher Reeves Superman needed to address it directly, with Lois making cracks about him sending money home to his mother, and people being all, "what's up with that suit" and Superman being AWESOMENESS and all " I'm good, and I don't apologize for it. Am I corney, yeah. But that's who I am."